Rank The Duels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tengu Man
Mace vs. Sidious
Dooku Vs. Obi Wan and Anakin
Duel of the Fates
Anakin vs. Obi Wan
Luke vs. vader (RoTJ)
Yoda vs. Sidious
Dooku vs. Yoda
Luke vs. vader (ESB)
Obi Wan vs. Grievous

that is my order by the way. but yeah rank that list

ohh and if you want, tell me which one sucked and which one you really liked. hope i didnt miss one.

Boris
Obi Wan vs. Grievous
Luke vs. vader (ESB)
Dooku vs. Yoda
Yoda vs. Sidious
Luke vs. vader (RoTJ)
Anakin vs. Obi Wan
Duel of the Fates
Mace vs. Sidious

exanda kane
1. Luke vs. Vader (ESB) - The only one that needs a rank

Canadadude
Luke and Vader in ESB is amazing. The camera work of that action sequence is incredible, better than anything saber fight in the PT

Darth Takáta
i like duel of the fates but also dooku vs Ani and obi both times

Gryn Jabar
Luke v Vader
Anakin v Obi-Wan
Duel of the Fates

All the rest are meh.

overlord
Luke vs. vader (ESB)
Mace vs. Sidious
Duel of the Fates
Anakin vs. Obi Wan
Luke vs. vader (RoTJ)
Obi Wan vs. Grievous
Dooku vs. Yoda
Yoda vs. Sidious

Any Yoda fight sucks horribly. And Sidious being a monster upsets me!! ranting

Escape81
1. Yoda versus Palpatine.

This duel is my Number One favorite. Yoda and ANH - ROTJ Obi-Wan are my favorite lightside characters as Palpatine and Dooku are my favorite Dark Side.

This duel was a showdown between the ultimate masters of the Force (where the prequels and sequels are concerned, that is). I wish it was a bit clearer on who won, and who was stronger. In fact, the lightsaber duel in the beginning is very cheap and I don't believe such powerful people would resort to blades to do battle. It should've been a bit longer and using only the Force.

overlord
It was a useless and flashy fight, I hated it, the location was stupid, the outcome was stupid and Sidious looked stupid.
He was much cooler fighting Mace.

Gryn Jabar
Fighting Yoda he looked like some sort of cackling lunatic, not a smart and dangerous Sith Lord.

Lord Simus
1: Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
2: Duel of Fates
3: Yoda vs. Sidious
4: Luke vs. Vader (ROTJ)
5: Dooku vs. Yoda
6: Dooku vs. Obi-Wan and Anakin (ROTS)
7: Mace vs. Sidious
8: Luke vs. Vader (ESB)
9: Dooku vs. Obi-Wan and Anakin (AOTC)
10: Obi-Wan vs Grievous

jollyjim311
I'll go with ESB as the best. I also thought it was cool to see Yoda fight for the first time. Anakin vs. Obi was awesome.

The GG and Obi fight was a dissappointment especially after thinking that GG would be really cool after seeing the Clone Wars series.

Darth_Glentract
ROTJ Vader vs. Luke is the best, then Anakin vs. Obi-wan.

I'm to lazy for the rest.

Deus Ex
Jango versus Mace! Oohh yeah!

Deus Ex
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8088/headlossshort0vi.gif

Darth Traya
I always like ANH Obi-wan versus Vader. Crap choregraphing, but the sacrifice part makes it good.

jollyjim311
that guy kicking the droid in the background is being all "i'm badass"

Ogami Itto
Luke Vs Vader (ESB) is tops i think!! i know it aint very flash in this day and age but the dialogue betwen luke and vader is legendary!!

Dan Skywalker
Luke vs. Vader- ROTJ
Obi-Wan vs. Anakin
Luke vs. Vader- TESB
Yoda vs. Sidious
Yoda vs. Dooku
Obi-Wan vs. Vader
Qui Gon, Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul
Mace Windu vs. Palpatine
Anakin, Obi-Wan vs. Dooku AOTC&ROTS
General Grievous vs. Obi-Wan

Tengu Man
did i miss a duel?

ohh and i think my favorite OT duel has to be RotJ vade vs skywlaker, and PT would be Mace vs. Sidious.

SnakeEyes
These are all in my opinion:

1. Anakin and Obi-Wan: This duel was the one I'd been waiting for, for ages. It was just the most epic of all the duels and the most emotional. Two brothers fighting in a deadly environment, trying to defeat each other. Not to mention it was the longest/fastest and best choreographed.

2. Duel of the Fates: This is by far the best part of Episode One. Whenever I watch the movie, I usually fast forward to this fight, just because it's that cool. Very well-choreographed and it was the first 2 on 1 duel; plus it had the double-bladed saber.

3. Luke vs. Vader (ESB): This duel was the most "flashy" of the OT and it was very well done. What made this number three? When Vader cut off Luke's hand and then revealed his true identity, it automatically made it probably the most memorable scenes (or at least one of them) from the OT.

4. Luke vs. Vader (ROTJ): I really like this duel. Father versus Son, for the final time. Vader's redemption. The death of the Emperor. Plus it lead to the unmasking of Darth Vader (my favorite scene out of all the movies).

5. Yoda versus Sidious: Pure evil versus pure good. That's what this duel meant to me. The ultimate bad guy going head to head with the greatest Jedi. Palpy's cackling got old, but I didn't let that ruin the duel for me. I liked seeing them fight, because it was not only a saber fight, but an epic fight of the Force as well.

6. Anakin/Obi-Wan versus Dooku (ROTS): I liked this one beacause it happened near the beginning of the movie, and it was just awesome seeing the space battle go on in the background. It was nice seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan work well this time as a team and as heroes of the Clone Wars. Plus I loved seeing Dooku getting decapitated.

7. Yoda versus Dooku: The main reason I liked this fight: we got to see Yoda fight for the first time, and it was awesome. He was the most acrobatic fighter from the saga, yet the most frail-looking and physically weak. It proved that Yoda was indeed a badass, just in case anyone doubted him.

8. Ben Kenobi versus Darth Vader: To be honest, the choreography of this fight was pretty poor, but that's not what made it so good. The emotions behind it, and Ben's sacrifice made it an important scene/duel.

9. Mace vs. Palps: I didn't care for this duel that much. It wasn't clear enough as to who the "real" victor was and Palpatine uttering UNLIMITED POWER took away from how good it could've been.

10. Obi-Wan versus GG: Average fight. Grevious turned out to be a coward, but I didn't get all excited about him before the film, so I didn't mind. And Kenobi kicked his ass, so it was alright.

11. Anakin and Obi-Wan versus Dooku (AOTC): Another average duel. Anakin was a dumbass and got electrocuted, leaving Kenobi to fight alone against Dooku. Then got his arm lopped off, go figure.

Man, am I tired...

SnakeEyes
Anyone else wanna rank the duels the way I did?

Also, what do you guys think of my list?

Se7in
I'm only going to name top five.

1. Duel Of The Fates - By far the most realistic, fast paced, and overall best duel of the series. Though not as emotional as Anakin and Obi-Wan, it seemed more believable and action-packed, which to me seems like a better duel overall.

2. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan - The clash of titans, second to only DOTF by a small margin. Long lasting, emotional, and mostly believeable. Thought Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting each other briefly without sabers seemed far-fetched, the duel overall is excellent.

3. Mace vs. Palpetine - Awesome duel, if you take out the other three masters and just count these two. It's not as emotional or realistic as the former two, it does have a certain pace of the fight which I like. Palpetine's facial expressions during much of the duel is ridiculous, and the blending of computer-animated Palpetine and real Palpetine is mediocre, good at best. The best thing about this duel is the fact that it has caused endless debates, causing much speculation, which is great.

4. Yoda vs. Palpetine - Not a great duel, I hate all duels involving Yoda. However, its significance made it awesome, as well as the symbolism, the fall of the Light Side, and it's temporary exile.

5. Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku (RotS) - A fast paced duel, a lot more realistic than the first fight between the threesome. Anakin beating Dooku at first made me say, "How in the..." but some eventual background information helped. Still, it should've been shown in the movie.

Tengu Man
^ i agree completely about dooku i was talking about that duel and i said he lost on purpose, after actually thinking about that fight and the Aotc fight, there was no way in hell he could have won, and literally when i said that everyone flipped a sh!t.

nice list snake eyes by the way smile

SnakeEyes
Thank you... It took me a while to decide where each duel would go.

keiran78
1. Duel of the Fates 2. Yoda vs Dooku 3. Luke vs Vader - ROTJ 4. Yoda vs Sideous 5. Luke vs Vader - ESB 6. Obi-Wan vs Anakin 7. Mace vs Palpatine 8. Obi-Wan vs Vader 9. Obi-Wan vs Grievous

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Tengu Man
Mace vs. Sidious
Duel of the Fates
Anakin vs. Obi Wan
Luke vs. vader (RoTJ)
Yoda vs. Sidious
Dooku vs. Yoda
Luke vs. vader (ESB)
Obi Wan vs. Grievous

that is my order by the way. but yeah rank that list

ohh and if you want, tell me which one sucked and which one you really liked. hope i didnt miss one.

Going from your order:
8/10
5/10
9/10
9.25/10
8/10
8.5/10
7/10
9/10
6/10

Se7in
How do you rate Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Dooku lower than Obi-Wan vs. Grievous? Just asking...

jollyjim311
Yeah, really, the GG and Obi Wan fight was such a disappointment after seeing the clone wars and how cool GG was.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Se7in
How do you rate Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Dooku lower than Obi-Wan vs. Grievous? Just asking...

typo. obi-wan and anakin vs. dooku was 6/10

Tengu Man
still the duel was freaking awesome, seriouslty though and at the same time it was even better. i give it a 9/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.