New Avengers vs. New Excalibur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RSSR
Ronin
Iron Man
The Sentry
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Spider-Woman
Luke Cage
Captain America

Vs.

Juggernaut
Nocturne
Sage
Dazzler
Pete Wisdom
Captain Britain
Meggan (add in)
Nightcrawler (add in)

Who wins?

8bitChris
If there was anyone on New Excalibur that could take the Sentry then they would have it in the bag.

But there isn't, so NE loses.

Laminator_X
I would soooo like to see the Sentry grab Juggernaut, fly him into space, and throw him out into the great black yonder. It wouldn't hurt Cain mind you, but he'd be gone.

Without the Sentry, it'd be much closer. I wouldn't rule our the NA though, even though NE has more raw power (apart from the Sentry).

xmarksthespot
Uh... couldn't Nocturne just possess Sentry?

Metalmanx
I think Nightcrawler and Juggernaut are the wildcards here.

RSSR
Oops, forgot to stipulate that this takes place on British soil...

Lucid Lui
Captain Britain could take most of the New Avengers, bar Sentry, in a one on one fight. Meggan also can be a powerhouse at times.

This is a tough fight to call.

newjak86
It depends I mean is this Juggernaut written back to his old unstoppable ways because he cn give Thor fights it is possible he could give Sentry a fight becuase sometimes Juggernaut can just pull things out that can create havoc for any hero.

Draco69
Excalibur in a complete curbstomp. Sentry can only carry his loser-ass team so far...

DarkCrawler
The current Juggernaut was drowning in lake and was saved by Squidboy.

I don't know if it can get any more embarrassing.

But, if Nocturne is able to possess Sentry, Excalibur win.

Draco69
How? Are we forgetting Meggan? Nocturne, as mentioned before, could just possess Sentry and attempt to curbstomp his own teammates.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Draco69
How? Are we forgetting Meggan? Nocturne, as mentioned before, could just possess Sentry and attempt to curbstomp his own teammates.

Yeah, I fixed it.

xmarksthespot
How? Are we forgetting Meggan? Nocturne, as mentioned before, could just possess Sentry and attempt to curbstomp his own teammates. Thank you! I asked before and everyone failed to notice. Considering Jason Wyngarde has exerted mind control over him I don't know why she wouldn't be able to possess him.

DarkCrawler
And they were planing that Nocturne would possess Hyperion too...

xmarksthespot
Hmm has Sentry shown any immunity to psionic/extradimensional possession? Aside from the Sentry factor the New Avengers would lose so it really hinges on him.

Laminator_X
I wouldn't rule out Iron Man as a big factor also. He could take out half of Excalibur from the get go if he fights smart. Having only Cap and Meggan as fliers for NE vs Iron-Man, Spider-Woman and Sentry for the NA places things on a little more even terms, despite NE having more overall power.

As far as Nocrourne possesing the Sentry, she probably could. But if she does, who's keeping the Void in check? Ouch. Messing with Rob's mind is extremely dangerous.

Lucid Lui
Meanwhile Pete Wisdom and Wolverine are off to the side trying to out-badass each other...

Draco69
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I wouldn't rule out Iron Man as a big factor also. He could take out half of Excalibur from the get go if he fights smart. Having only Cap and Meggan as fliers for NE vs Iron-Man, Spider-Woman and Sentry for the NA places things on a little more even terms, despite NE having more overall power.

As far as Nocrourne possesing the Sentry, she probably could. But if she does, who's keeping the Void in check? Ouch. Messing with Rob's mind is extremely dangerous.

The Void IS Sentry. It's just a hard light construct of his crazyness. Any telepath skilled enough can take him down. And the "Void" along with it.

willRules
NE win IMO..............

Laminator_X
The Void IS Sentry. It's just a hard light construct of his crazyness. Any telepath skilled enough can take him down. And the "Void" along with it.

Weeelll, I don't know that it's that simple. The Void has been shown to use mind control and inflict hallucinations of deepest fears on people besides Rob. The Void has also controlled the weather the point of hitting the Atlantic coast with a giant storm. Rob's powers go much deeper than just light tricks and physical might. Mastermind said that his powers work best on the most powerful of minds, of which Rob was an example. If it was as simple as you describe, Emma Frost would've just shut him down in NA rather than carefully handholding him out of Mastermind's blocks while the Void beat the heck out of all the heroes. Sure, Mastermind got him, but he also got Pheonix. Is Noctourne really in that league?

Robert Reynolds is both the Sentry and the Void, but it's looking more and more like the Sentry is just as much of a MPD fragmant as the Void. Wyngarde really messed Rob up.

wolverine8888
how can the new avengers lose? at least 3 of there memebers in one on ones can take ever one on the other team.
night cralwer he good in all but his teleporting wont save him vs wolverine or spiderman,iron man, spider woman(if she has spdier sense which I dought.
current jugg is pritty much a weak version of hulk and he has no healign factor. wolverien, spiderman,iron can all go toe to toe with him
noct will not touch most of the characters and some of them she will not be able to posses.
sentry also could beat any one on new excalaber

stormfront13
new excalibur wins. there is a ton of power on that team, and no one realizes it. meggan alone is enough to take most of them out. in the past she has absporbed all the energy of the earth and was close to galactus's power-level.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by stormfront13
new excalibur wins. there is a ton of power on that team, and no one realizes it. meggan alone is enough to take most of them out. in the past she has absporbed all the energy of the earth and was close to galactus's power-level.

Hey, do you have the issue number, I would really like to read it. wink

Laminator_X
She's done that a few times, but that's not typical performance for Meggan.

stormfront13
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Hey, do you have the issue number, I would really like to read it. wink

no, i don't have the issue number. but as laminator pointed out, she's dohne it a few times.

DarkCrawler
no, i don't have the issue number. but as laminator pointed out, she's dohne it a few times.

How do you know that she was close to the power of Galactus then?

stormfront13
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
How do you know that she was close to the power of Galactus then?

because it was stated that her power was close to galactus's

wolverine8888
so sentry takes her on, so why don't we just say her and sentry aint there if so new avengers win

stormfront13
why? even worse odds for new avengers?

8bitChris
I don't think Nocturne could possess the Sentry. She couldn't even possess Psylocke unless she let her.

The Jason Wyngarde possession was a special circumstance. His power works on "more powerful people better for some reason".

Juggernaut is a wuss compared to his old self.

Iron Man is more than enough to take out Captain Britain.

Sentry works Meggan over.

etc...

wolverine8888
ya right unless pete wisdom is some super powerful dud cuz he the only character there I dont know. tell mew how ex wins I wana here how.

stormfront13
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I don't think Nocturne could possess the Sentry. She couldn't even possess Psylocke unless she let her.

The Jason Wyngarde possession was a special circumstance. His power works on "more powerful people better for some reason".

Juggernaut is a wuss compared to his old self.

Iron Man is more than enough to take out Captain Britain.

Sentry works Meggan over.

etc...

she couldn';t possess betsy because betsy is immune to all forms of psionic attack. and if meggan went all out, she ould take sentry

wolverine8888
dought it his will to strong they stated his will power is amazing. noct can not take wolverien over I know that and spiderman would also be hard for her to. oh and how is she supose to get to sentry?

stormfront13
Originally posted by wolverine8888
dought it his will to strong they stated his will power is amazing. noct can not take wolverien over I know that and spiderman would also be hard for her to. oh and how is she supose to get to sentry?

it was not through will power, it was because betsy is immune to all forms of psionic attack. wolverine!? oh please, i can't talk to you if you say pathetic things like this

wolverine8888
she can't he proven posser can not effect him. do u want em to bring evidence because i can if u wish I can it not pethetic in the least she can not do it it will not work.

8bitChris
If Nocturne couldn't even posess Spiral then I don't see her posessing the Sentry.

It's like asking someone if they think Nocturne can posess Silver Surfer or Thor.

Answer? Hell no.

stormfront13
If Nocturne couldn't even posess Spiral then I don't see her posessing the Sentry.

It's like asking someone if they think Nocturne can posess Silver Surfer or Thor.

Answer? Hell no.

what are you talking about? nocturne already posessed spiral, and her character was capable of posessing exiles hyperion

8bitChris
Nocturne possesed Spiral?

No, Spiral let Nocturne posses her so that she would take them back to the X-mansion and set a trap to capture the X-men.

Then Spiral promptly kicked her out and laughed about it.

Capable of posessing Exiles Hyperion? Did she actually do it? Or is this all he said she said?

Or wait, Next time Galactus or the Living Tribunal try to pass judgement on Earth lets have Nocturne posess them! It'll save the world.

Sorry, i'm not buying it. I don't think Nocturne has what it takes to take Sentry.

stormfront13
Nocturne possesed Spiral?

No, Spiral let Nocturne posses her so that she would take them back to the X-mansion and set a trap to capture the X-men.

Then Spiral promptly kicked her out and laughed about it.

Capable of posessing Exiles Hyperion? Did she actually do it? Or is this all he said she said?

Or wait, Next time Galactus or the Living Tribunal try to pass judgement on Earth lets have Nocturne posess them! It'll save the world.

Sorry, i'm not buying it. I don't think Nocturne has what it takes to take Sentry.

kicked her out? in the comic I'm lookin at she stops psylock from attacking her, then leaves spirlas body. yes, nocturne was planned to possess hyperion, and did in an unreleased issue. the reason nocturne was given a posessing power was to posess hyperion, but she was discarded before the exiles encountered hyperion. considering sentry is suspectible to psionic attack, there is no reason nocturne shouldn't be able to possess him.

8bitChris
Are you telling me Spiral didn't let Nocturne posess her to set up a trap at the X-mansion?

(QUOTE FROM SPIRAL AND THE ACTUAL COMIC)

"Silly girl, to think you could walk into my head and take over without permission?"

I'm sorry. When is Sentry susceptible to Psionic attack again? Emma Frost NEEDED permission to go into his head. It was already explained that Mastermind was a special circumstance.

And if as comic was never released, it never happend. They probably realized having Nocturne take over Exiles Hyperion would be stupid and cancelled it.

DarkCrawler
because it was stated that her power was close to galactus's

And who told you this?

Maybe he/she would be able to actually prove it...

xmarksthespot
I'm sorry. When is Sentry susceptible to Psionic attack again? Emma Frost NEEDED permission to go into his head. It was already explained that Mastermind was a special circumstance.I was under the impression that Emma Frost didn't so much ask permission because his mind was impenetrable - more rather he was mental unstable and a forced entry into his mind would be dangerous as it would aggravate his condition.

Sentry is really the only thing the NA has going for them in this fight. Meggan wouldn't be a match for Galactus - this was stated SF. She wouldn't be a match for Sentry. But no one else on that team is going to stop her if she goes all out.

stormfront13
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I was under the impression that Emma Frost didn't so much ask permission because his mind was impenetrable - more rather he was mental unstable and a forced entry into his mind would be dangerous as it would aggravate his condition.

Sentry is really the only thing the NA has going for them in this fight. Meggan wouldn't be a match for Galactus - this was stated SF. She wouldn't be a match for Sentry. But no one else on that team is going to stop her if she goes all out.

yes, i know she wouldn't have been a match for galactus, i never said that. in the comic it was even stated she wouldn't have been a match for galactus, but her power rivaled his

guy222
http://f.imagehost.org/t/0893/NE_18_Oroboros_DCP_016.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0773/NE_18_Oroboros_DCP_018.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0176/NE_18_Oroboros_DCP_019.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0975/NE_18_Oroboros_DCP_020.jpg

rougeredmage
actually i do not think that nocturne could posses sentry..... this is because of the havok factor. ion the first x-men exiles crossover it was reveleaed that nocturne can not posses people that have mulltiple personalities..... now as we know bob has 3 personalities thus she would not be able to .... thus this becomes a sprite thread as sentry solos just about everyone else.... i say remove the sentry and make this a fair fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.