Best Songs of the 90's.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MovieMan22
What do you think are the best songs of the 90's??

Here are my picks (not in order)

"Cherub Rock" - Smashing Pumpkins
"How Do I Live" - Trisha Yearwood
"My Father's Eyes" - Eric Clapton
"On Every Street" - Dire Straits
"Human Touch" - Bruce Springsteen
"Walking In Memphis" - Marc Cohn
"Semi-Charmed Life" - Third Eye Blind
"Here With Me" - Dido
"Blessed" - Elton John
"Time" - Lionel Richie
"Streets Of Philidelphia" - Bruce Springsteen
"Everyday" - Phil Collins
"No Son Of Mine" - Genesis
"Angel Of Mine" - Monica
"Paranoid Android" - Radiohead
"Desert Rose" - Sting
"Real World" - Matchbox Twenty
"Crash" - Dave Matthews Band
"Even A Fool Could See" - Peter Cetera
"Alone" - Bee Gees
"Kiss From A Rose" - Seal
"Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?" - Moby
"Star****ers, Inc." - Nine Inch Nails
"Son Of Man" - Phil Collins
"Circle Of Life" - Elton John

MC Brown Shoes

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by MC Brown Shoes
OMC - "How Bizarre"

I swear this is the worst song ever. The 90's worst were worse than the shit from every other decade, by far.

-AC

StinkFist462
Originally posted by MovieMan22

are you serious? you actually think Starf*ckers is a good song?

Alpha Centauri
I don't think it's anywhere good enough to be on that list, or on The Fragile. I do think it's a decent song though. Considering there's other Trent atrocities out there. Namely With Teeth (song and album).

I think I agree with Kerrang! mag when they said Killing in the Name was possibly the greatest "rock anthem" of the decade.

-AC

Otaku
RATM-Killing in the name of,one of the grunge bands who where actually good.
Pearl Jam - Jeremy
Skunk Anansie - Weak
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Travis - Why does it always rain on me?

Alpha Centauri
Rage, grunge?

-AC

MC Brown Shoes
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I swear this is the worst song ever. The 90's worst were worse than the shit from every other decade, by far.

-AC

Oh for sure, but that's why I love 'em. These days it's just so typical and conformist to be into goth/metal/punk/whatever stuff, I like how naff it is to be a 90's man. (Nothing personal of course.)

Alpha Centauri
I prefer 80's crap, at least it is actually good enough to laugh at.

Dead or Alive, The Communards (I think this was 80's, or very late 90's if I'm mistaken).

Rhythm is a Dancer takes me back to old vacations I used to take as a kid, hanging around by the mini fairground they had.

-AC

Otaku
Rage, grunge?

-AC

Yes.Grunge.Grungety Grunge Grunge.

MC Brown Shoes
I prefer 80's crap, at least it is actually good enough to laugh at.

Dead or Alive, The Communards, Snap (although you know, some of that is very nostalgic). Rhythm is a Dancer takes me back to old vacations I used to take as a kid, hanging around by the mini fairground they had.

-AC

Oh totally but people have mocked the hell out of the 80's for ages now. It's a spent decade and I reckon it's time to move onto the even more ridiculous 1990's.

Alpha Centauri
They were not a grunge band.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Fvck you! I won't do wha' you tell me!

+

Karma Police - Radiohead
Regulate - Warren G
End Of A Century - Blur
Fugee-La - The Fugees
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack
If I Ruled The World - Nas
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins

Pff...Those are all classic tunes.

Otaku
They were not a grunge band.

-AC

Yes they where.If not what where they?

Alpha Centauri
Excellent choices. C.R.E.A.M by Wu-Tang Clan also. If only for the tinkly piano.

Wait, I would like to establish if by best you mean classic or best as in the genuine best quality of songs.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't think either definition is appropriate to that dude. He had a Dido song, a couple by Elton John AND even Phil Collins on his list!

StinkFist462
I don't think it's anywhere good enough to be on that list, or on The Fragile. I do think it's a decent song though. Considering there's other Trent atrocities out there. Namely With Teeth (song and album).

I think I agree with Kerrang! mag when they said Killing in the Name was possibly the greatest "rock anthem" of the decade.

-AC

Starf*ckers on its own is decent, if that. if you listen to The Fragile and then the song comes on, its almost like its destroying the album.

i dont think With Teeth was that bad. i just dont like Only, Love Is Not Enough, Everyday is Exactly The Same, With Teeth, Getting Smaller, The Collector.

oh wait. it is that bad.

Deathblow
It wasn't bad, it was average. I liked about half of it, so it can't be bad.

And I seriously advise that Otaku person to do some research into the definition of ''grunge''.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by StinkFist462
Starf*ckers on its own is decent, if that. if you listen to The Fragile and then the song comes on, its almost like its destroying the album.

i dont think With Teeth was that bad. i just dont like Only, Love Is Not Enough, Everyday is Exactly The Same, With Teeth, Getting Smaller, The Collector.

oh wait. it is that bad.

Now no, there was.....well....maybe.....hmm. Nah, was just really shit.

In Your Honour by Foo Fighters was average to good. With Teeth was a pile of complete shit. Some bands have better B-sides than that album.

-AC

Otaku
Originally posted by Deathblow
It wasn't bad, it was average. I liked about half of it, so it can't be bad.

And I seriously advise that Otaku person to do some research into the definition of ''grunge''.

I searched,and found out i was indeed wrong.They seem to be Rap Metal.DONT BE MAD AT ME IF IM WRONG AGAIN!It says os on their site.But im sure one of you would like to debate on THIS issue because you probably know their genre better then the band itself...

MovieMan22
Now no, there was.....well....maybe.....hmm. Nah, was just really shit.

In Your Honour by Foo Fighters was average to good. With Teeth was a pile of complete shit. Some bands have better B-sides than that album.

-AC

With Teeth & In Your Honour are 2 of the best albums of this decade.

The New History
I hate the 90's

Alpha Centauri
With Teeth & In Your Honour are 2 of the best albums of this decade.

In Your Honour isn't as good as The Colour and the Shape or their self-titled. It's barely better than There is Nothing Left to Lose.

With Teeth wasn't the best album of the month, let alone one of the best of the decade.

Whether you like it or not, to say these are two of the greatest albums of the DECADE is stupid.

-AC

Wolf Dog
Yah, 'Killing in the Name Of' reallly is one of the best songs ever. Specially that sequence at the end, you know, the bridge towards the end of the song. He keeps repeating "**** you, i won't do what you tell me...." Best Bridge Ever. And speaking of killing, the radio edit of that song takes that whole bridge out. Killing in the name of censorship. no

JenR1215
Ruby SoHo by Rancide, bcuz that was my first Punk Rpck song to see/hear...... it changed my life. punk

Aj333
Anything by Nirvana!

SpaceMonkey
Stone Temple Pilots:
Plush
Interstate Love Song
Big Empty

Pearl Jam:
Black
Evenflow
Garden

Alice in Chains:
Would?
Man in the Box
Down in a Hole
Angry Chair

Goo Goo Dolls:
Iris

Nirvana:
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Heart Shaped Box
Come as You are

StinkFist462
In Your Honour isn't as good as The Colour and the Shape or their self-titled. It's barely better than There is Nothing Left to Lose.

With Teeth wasn't the best album of the month, let alone one of the best of the decade.

Whether you like it or not, to say these are two of the greatest albums of the DECADE is stupid.

-AC

that and the decade is only half way through.

( imo, In Your Honour was garbage, as was With Teeth )

Victor Von Doom
What do you think are the best songs of the 90's??

Here are my picks (not in order)

"Cherub Rock" - Smashing Pumpkins
"How Do I Live" - Trisha Yearwood
"My Father's Eyes" - Eric Clapton
"On Every Street" - Dire Straits
"Human Touch" - Bruce Springsteen
"Walking In Memphis" - Marc Cohn
"Semi-Charmed Life" - Third Eye Blind
"Here With Me" - Dido
"Blessed" - Elton John
"Time" - Lionel Richie
"Streets Of Philidelphia" - Bruce Springsteen
"Everyday" - Phil Collins
"No Son Of Mine" - Genesis
"Angel Of Mine" - Monica
"Paranoid Android" - Radiohead
"Desert Rose" - Sting
"Real World" - Matchbox Twenty
"Crash" - Dave Matthews Band
"Even A Fool Could See" - Peter Cetera
"Alone" - Bee Gees
"Kiss From A Rose" - Seal
"Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?" - Moby
"Son Of Man" - Phil Collins
"Circle Of Life" - Elton John

Started good. Well, I say started good. The first song was good.

Then you, I think, started listing songs for your sequel thread, 'Worst Songs of the 90s'. Barring a couple, anyway.

Star****ers was shit. Not so much a dip in form on The Fragile as a reminder of the band's true form.

Imaginary
Originally posted by MC Brown Shoes

Pauline Pantsdown - "I Don't Like It"

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.