The Imperium of Man versus The Galactic Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Traya
The Imperium from Warhammer 40,000 versus the Empire.

Gryn Jabar
Oh God, this is a complete and utter ****ing slaughter. IoM utterly destroys the GE. A single Alpha level Psyker would cripple the fleets, kill the Emperor (Palpatine that is). From then on, Space Marine chapters would unleash a can of whoopass on every dissenting planet. It would make the holocaust seem like a drive by shooting. The IoM has NO problems about sending millions of guardsmen to die for dick all, by sheer attrition they could win this.

Gryn Jabar
Actually this could depend:
IoM pre Horus heresy: Complete ****ing slaughter, IoM takes this with little trouble.
IoM during heresy: IoM gets curbstomped.
IoM with blackstone fortresses: Wins
IoM during Cadia campaign: Loses.
IoM now: WIns

Gryn Jabar
Also, a question: Is the IoM fighting other opponents IN ADDITION to the GE and vice versa?

Darth Traya
Just the Empire. Oh, and this is "slightly before the 13th Black Crusade Imperium."

Gryn Jabar
So the Imperium ready for the hordes of Abaddon? And with every single forge world producing weapons against the Empire? IoM.

Darth Traya
I meant the "Status quo" Imperium, not the ready for war Imperium. IOM would still win though.

Darth Traya
Any more posters?

Deus Ex
I am not familiar enough with the group myself.

jammasterjo
ow about u tink b4 weplying den brov

Deus Ex
How about you take a long walk off of a short cliff?

jammasterjo
dont say that sort of shit how dare you. The amount of people jumping off cliffs and killing themselves has risen by 5% this year alone and it is probably because of ppl like u. How do you feel about urself now huh fanny head

Deus Ex
I'm amused.

Ushgarak
It's silly to say the IoM would just win- simple fanboyism. We have no reason to think they are any more powerful in their myhtology than the Empire is in its own.

At least the Galactic Empire's forces don't spend half their lives fighting each other.

jammasterjo
ush guess what, canon is a point of view

Deus Ex
lmao

Smart move, noob.

Ushgarak
And that is in reference to what, exactly?

jammasterjo
different people consider what actually ends up as canon.

Ushgarak
In Star Wars, no, that is incorrect, it's a matter of fact. That's all there is to it. Meanwhile, please stay on topic.

jammasterjo
who says so dumbass oath

Deus Ex
You didn't last long.

jammasterjo
hahaha im stuill here *****

Deus Ex
Just a matter of time, child.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's silly to say the IoM would just win- simple fanboyism. We have no reason to think they are any more powerful in their myhtology than the Empire is in its own.

At least the Galactic Empire's forces don't spend half their lives fighting each other.

I'm sorry but the IoM would just pour trillions upon trillions of men into every battle. The Space Marines themselves could take on the Imperial Armies, and the IoM would obliterate all the Imperial Planets.

jammasterjo
exactly oath b1tch a$$ mutha ****AAA

jammasterjo
****aaaaah

jammasterjo
fucer

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Darth Traya
I'm sorry but the IoM would just pour trillions upon trillions of men into every battle. The Space Marines themselves could take on the Imperial Armies, and the IoM would obliterate all the Imperial Planets.

The Galactic Empire has just as many men, and the entirity of the Space Marine force is too small to be relevant- as even the game universe exists. A thousand times a thousand men- a tiny siliver of a force, used for elite operations only.

Like the Jedi, there just aren't enugh of them- and they are nowhere near as powerful as Jedi.

Meanwhile, the IoM is in technological decline, whilst the Empire is in technological expansion. The IoM would never build anything like the Death Star.

Darth Traya
The Galactic Empire has just as many men, and the entirity of the Space Marine force is too small to be relevant- as even the game universe exists. A thousand times a thousand men- a tiny siliver of a force, used for elite operations only.

Like the Jedi, there just aren't enugh of them- and they are nowhere near as powerful as Jedi.

Meanwhile, the IoM is in technological decline, whilst the Empire is in technological expansion. The IoM would never build anything like the Death Star.

No, the Imperium merely builds Imperator Class Emperor Titans.

angel

Ushgarak
A technology which hasn't moved on in thousands of years and is an inferior achievement, by a vast amount, to a Death Star.

The Empire hardly has trouble on the technological side of things.

Deus Ex
Anyone want to compare the techs instead of labeling them inferior/superior and let the third parties here render a vote?

Darth Traya
The GE has far better technology, that I conceed.

But the Imperium has psykers! An Alpha-level psyker has been shown to be able to obliterate planets, and there are trillions of them! The Imperium also has far more manpower, and would win with sheer attrition.

Ushgarak
There isn't a useful comparison to be had. Both sides build stuff on a ridiculous Galactic scale.

But it is a fact in the continuity that the IoM is in decline, because they don't understand or trust technology (which is why the Tau, a race younger by many orders of magniotude, have better tech), whilst the Empire is constantly innovating and expanding- tech at the expense of people, as GL was demonstrating.

Deus Ex
So this embrace of tech means instant win or what?

Darth Traya
I think it would be a close victory for either side.

Ushgarak
Sorry, Traya, but it is simply untrue that there are trillions of people who can destory planets in the Warhammer Universe. I don't know how else to put it- it is wrong.

You will note that when the Imperium wants to take out worlds in Warhammher, it... invades them with troops. It does not destroy them with one of these trillions of imaginary beings you made up.

Meanwhile, both Empires span a Galaxy. Why do you assume the Imperium has more manpower? Conceptually their size is identical.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Deus Ex
So this embrace of tech means instant win or what?

No, I was just shooting down the idea that the Imperium was better equipped, but it seems that was conceded anyway.

Deus Ex
Is this meaning the Imperium's goal is to secure planets or to destroy them? If the former, then it would make sense to field troops instead of having someone blow it to smithereens.

Ushgarak
Very often it is to destroy. They have a habit of total genocide- a religious thing.

Darth Traya
Sorry, Traya, but it is simply untrue that there are trillions of people who can destory planets in the Warhammer Universe. I don't know how else to put it- it is wrong.

You will note that when the Imperium wants to take out worlds in Warhammher, it... invades them with troops. It does not destroy them with one of these trillions of imaginary beings you made up.

Meanwhile, both Empires span a Galaxy. Why do you assume the Imperium has more manpower? Conceptually their size is identical.

Imaginary? Lets look at it, Alpha-level psykers can obliterate planets, most of the times though, they get possessed or eaten by warp demons.

Ushgarak
1. No, no psyker can oblitterate a planet. That is simply not a power they have. Unless you mean that they sometimes act as a starting point of a massive Chaos invasion which THEN destroys the planet... but that's just allowing the actions of another force.

2. No, there aren't trillions of them.

That's the two ways in which hat is incorrect.

Darth Traya
1. No, no psyker can oblitterate a planet. That is simply not a power they have. Unless you mean that they sometimes act as a starting point of a massive Chaos invasion which THEN destroys the planet... but that's just allowing the actions of another force.

2. No, there aren't trillions of them.

That's the two ways in which hat is incorrect.

A psyker can obliterate a planet. In Draco an Alpha-level Psyker annihalates a planet, then gets possessed by warp demons and dies. Draco stops the rogue psyker from corrupting the wards around the Black ship, because he knows that they would cause untold destruction to the surrounding Segmentum.

Ushgarak
Right, so you have one unique example there, purely for plot purposes. It's not actually a general ability as recognised by the system, is it? Even the most powerful psykers you can get in the game have to make effort to kill one person. To ascribe them planet-killing powers is like saying Jedi can destroy armies by waving their hands.

Oh wait, Yoda did that in the Clone Wars cartoons. Guess that counts then!

Not to mention the fact that any psyker showing one-hundredth of that power in the Imperium would be executed, so he wouldn't be used in their armed forces.

Darth Traya
Right, so you have one unique example there, purely for plot purposes. It's not actually a general ability as recognised by the system, is it? Even the most powerful psykers you can get in the game have to make effort to kill one person. To ascribe them planet-killing powers is like saying Jedi can destroy armies by waving their hands.

Oh wait, Yoda did that in the Clone Wars cartoons. Guess that counts then!

Not to mention the fact that any psyker showing one-hundredth of that power in the Imperium would be executed, so he wouldn't be used in their armed forces.

Yet it is part of the Warhammer "canon" so to speak. That it the purpose of having Black Ships, to stop untrained psykers from being possessed and murdering people. Possibly destroying planets. A small percentage are trained properly are are soul-bound to the Emperor.

Ushgarak
Like I say, they don't destroy planets by their own power, they simply act as a gateway for invasion.

The system clearly shows that psykers are not that powerful- even remotely so. The Imperial armies contain no psykers of that power. Not even close. And your 'trillions' comment is amazingly off.

Darth Traya
Like I say, they don't destroy planets by their own power, they simply act as a gateway for invasion.

The system clearly shows that psykers are not that powerful- even remotely so. The Imperial armies contain no psykers of that power. Not even close. And your 'trillions' comment is amazingly off.

It depends, there are trillions of alpha-level psykers in the Imperium. Only about a million would be capable of obliterating a planet, and then a tiny portion capable of surviving it.

Ushgarak
Where do you get this 'trillions' idea from? Only a tiny fraction of people are psykers at ALL.

Darth Traya
Where do you get this 'trillions' idea from? Only a tiny fraction of people are psykers at ALL.

Firstly, there are thousands of trillions of people in the galaxy.

Ushgarak
Even if one percent of them were psykers- which is a massive over-estimate- then only a tiny fraction of that fraction would be Alpha level. And the Galaxy is not unified- much of it fights itself.

And the powers of such people are defined by the system, and what they can do is hurt people, many people, but they have not the power to win battles single handed (because they are designed for a game system, so that would be dumb; they are costed according to their power, and there are many things more powerful) so even this tiny tiny elite, most of whom would be executed on sight, do not have anything close to planet-destroying power.

It's just conceptually against how the 40K universe works. Thew most powerful psyker of all is the Emperor, and what did he do in the prime of his life? He fought people man to man, because no psyker has the power to wreak such remote havoc. His final fight with Horus was more like a Lightsabre duel than a planet-destroying battle.

Gryn Jabar

Extermantius, biotch laughing

Gryn Jabar

The system clearly shows that psykers are not that powerful- even remotely so. The Imperial armies contain no psykers of that power.
What about the librarians?
What about the Astropaths?
For heaven's sake, Astropaths fight off demons with their ****ing heads, and Librariars are the de facto heads of the chapters.

Escape81
Lol. I'm noticing that the Empire - and its leader - have a lot of enemies around here. I don't play Warhammer at all, so I can't say who'd win. It might be likely that these Imperium people could defeat the Empire. But the way this argument is going, perhaps not.

overlord
It's actually the imperium versus Ushgarak, the empire was wiped out long ago..

Deus Ex
lmfao!

Darth_Glentract
Someone please give me a site for Warhammer info, I can't find anything.

Darth Traya
www.gamesworkshop.com

Captian Morgan
being a avid fan of both warhammer and star wars, i will have to say that the imperium will have the upper hand in this battle, they are not guaranteed to win but most likely will. just on the fact they have billions of guardsmen, thousand of space marines, and thousand of witch hunters and the massive artillery support that they, in my opinion in this battle they really don't need due to the fact of there armed forces. oh yeah they also have psykers who most may not be the greatest but can prove useful in battle

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Someone please give me a site for Warhammer info, I can't find anything.
Better site then official for fluff:
http://www.criticalhit.co.uk/content/view/18/44/

Darth_Glentract
I don't want to buy the stuff, I want specs.

Captian Morgan
oh yeah IoM stormtrooper can aculally hit their targets unlike the GE stormtroopers

Gryn Jabar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40K#Background

Happy?

awong
Why does no one ever consider how fast you can actually travel in this scenario. In this he would win considering it takes like days to months to get anywhere in the imperium. The empire would win the war before the imperium could do much. It doesn't matter how many troops they have if they can't get anywhere fast enough. Plus unlike the empire it takes the imperium a lot longer to build they better stuff like super tanks and titans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.