WOW look what I found!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
I was surfing the net and look what I found!!!!

Here is the preview for Cable and Deadpool 24

It's DEADPOOL vs. SPIDER-MAN!! It's the wisecracking face-off of a lifetime-a veritable smart#$% smackdown! What brought them together? We're not telling! Who will win? Hopefully, Spidey, since at the least he'd let DP keep breathing. Wait-what's that you ask? Of course there's a REASON why they're fighting...and it's guaranteed to make sense!
But does it matter? It's DEADPOOL vs. SPIDER-MAN!!

and heres the pic...........

Mainstream
cool....maybe Cable will fight Venom!!!! (or not)

brainchild81
Originally posted by willRules
I was surfing the net and look what I found!!!!

Here is the preview for Cable and Deadpool 24

It's DEADPOOL vs. SPIDER-MAN!! It's the wisecracking face-off of a lifetime-a veritable smart#$% smackdown! What brought them together? We're not telling! Who will win? Hopefully, Spidey, since at the least he'd let DP keep breathing. Wait-what's that you ask? Of course there's a REASON why they're fighting...and it's guaranteed to make sense!
But does it matter? It's DEADPOOL vs. SPIDER-MAN!!

and heres the pic........... Looks cool. When does it come out?

leonheartmm
why dont they get cable to have some fights worthy of his awesome powers?

The Ion
I thought his fight with Surfer was great. Destroying and rebuilding things instantly and breaking the board. It was a great display of telekinetic power.

Mainstream
Originally posted by The Ion
I thought his fight with Surfer was great. Destroying and rebuilding things instantl and breaking the board. It was a great display of telekinetic power.

Cable the man...REMEMBER IT

DarkCrawler
I loved it how Silver Surfer beat his ass without effort. stick out tongue

The Ion
no

Mainstream
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I loved it how Silver Surfer beat his ass without effort. stick out tongue

that's the part I hated the most.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Mainstream
that's the part I hated the most.

big grin

Nah, Cable did fine...

Mainstream
Cable would have won but his metal arm was rusty....

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Mainstream
Cable would have won but his metal arm was rusty....

stick out tongue

Creshosk
Wow. . their costumes are extremly similar. . . I mean I've known that for a while but you can see really well by them being paired up dside by side like that.

willRules
Yep. i have always wanted to see these two fight. The review seems to think spidey takes this fight...........I'd probably agree...........

willRules
Originally posted by brainchild81
Looks cool. When does it come out?

I don't know. I think something like issue 21 or 22 is out in shops now but i might be wrong on that. I have missed a lot of cable and Deadpool issues recently which is a shame because its one of Marvel's best comics at the moment.............

The Ion
January 11

willRules
cool

steverules
Is this story based after or before spidey evloves. If issue 24 is coming out in january then I guess I'm gonna be waiting for a while............no

Scoobless
well "Evolve or Die" is 12 issues spanning 4 titles... so it should only take 3 months... finishing before that issue of C & DP comes out.... probably

steverules
Well that probably means that spidey's gonna win since he evolved and has become even more powerful. If spidey hadn't evolved would he still be able to beat dpool, maybe but now it's gonna be easy since he was obviously able to beat that morlun dude who had the strength of thor.

willRules
Well true and whilst im not one to discredit spider-man cos he deserves a lot of respect, he beat molurn last time not in a match of pure strength. I doubt this time will be different...........

The Ion
Spider-Man's evolution doesn't take place until the end of January. He'll still be normal SM by then.

willRules
ok well i still think spidey will win this one.............but they are my two favourite marvel characters so i gotta get that issue..............

steverules
Hey has anyone found out how molurn comes back? Last time I saw him he was kind of disolving into a pile of dust.

Scoobless
he got shot in the face.... now he's just standing around on a roof outside Spidey's flat

stupid "no death" rule in Marvel

Arahan
did anyone picked up Caplbe/Deadpool 24? Can you gibe me some infos^^

willRules
remember to use spoiler tags...............

Scoobless
Originally posted by willRules
remember to use spoiler tags...............

quoted for emphasis!

Disappear
by the way, morlun's strength wasn't truly on par with the hulk and thor, despite what peter said. his strength, while superhuman, was considerably less, though the absorption of peter's totemic energies was sapping him and thus making each punch feel much worse than it ever was.

i've got a subscription down at the local shop. i'll stop by after my last class (somewhere between 4 and 5 EST,) and i'll post some spoilers if noone else has.

Disappear
double post, sorry.

the issue starts with irene merryweather, her ample cleavage, and ken ellis on the recap page. ken's a reporter at the daily bugle, it basically just sums up what happened before. flash to fort dix, new jersey, where deadpool's beating up a few camo-clad guards. apparently the mission cable sends him on at the end of 23 is to hit fort dix and find information/documentation about project: cone of silence. more on that later.

flash to cable, bashur and irene on providence, with black box and cable using their ability to tap the dominus objective, looking for information on why the information they wanted wasn't at fort dix. it wasn't, by the way. nate sends irene to talk to deadpool, so that he can figure out what to do. she goes, reluctantly, to manhattan, where deadpool proceeds to hit on her in the best way imaginable. it's fantastic, worth the three bucks for that scene alone.

flash to the daily bugle, where mild-mannered peter parker is being chewed out by triple-j, only to be assigned to a "gotcha!" assignment with ken ellis. apparently they're gonna out the general in charge of project: cone of silence. they head off over the queensboro bridge, with deadpool stalking behind them. pete's spider-sense goes off, but before he can react deadpool's already on top of the car, and throwing parker out of the passenger's seat. off the bridge. now, i'm not up to date on my spider-man, but he shoots out some greenish-grey webbing from his hand, with no evidence of a web-shooter on hand. i assume it's organic, but where that places him in relation to "the other," i have no idea. he recovers from the fall, and constructs a big ****in' web in the middle of the bridge. it catches ellis' car, and the fight begins.

strangely enough, the fight's not that exciting. spider-man refers to his alter-ego as "that guy," which i found strange considering parker and spider-man are known for having a business relationship. deadpool gets a mean kick in on spidey, but the fight's pretty against him. over a span of four pages, the fight's over. and one of those pages was cable and irene talking. it was kind of a let down, but the issue was pretty good on its own.

at the end of the issue, we learn that deadpool did manage to get the plans for project: cone of silence out of the general's private files. turns out it was the plans for a "sculpted gravimetric shell," basically a forcefield meant to separate providence from the rest of the world. it was still five-ten years out from being operational, but there are heavy implications cable will be able to use the schematics to make a "cone of silence" of his own.

the last page has nick fury explaining the situation to steve rogers, and perhaps the greatest ****ing image of captain america i've ever seen. something about how zircher drew him really tickled my fancy. cap asks if nick wants him to talk to cable. fury says "i want talk, i call oprah. i want some ass kicked, i call captain america!" issue 25? cap v. nate. tune in.

also, this was patrick zircher's last issue on the project, and he'll be working on iron man, apparently, from now on. i'll miss his art, but i'll be sticking with the book. go pick up this issue.

Jose123
Spoilers since I don't know how to do that grey thing.

Wasn't what I was hoping was going to happened. No joke off,Trash talking show down. A joke from peter about there not being any Deadpool underwear. That was about it from him. And it wasn't a total stupid fight that I feared might happen. No deadpool sending spider-man flying with a punch.

And it seems the writer forgot that peter had webs or was around 20 times faster than deadpool or that his spider-sense also can tell him where the danger is coming from. So Deadpool jumping on the car and tossing him out of the window off a bridge shouldn't have happened. Deapool spinning around and actually manging to hit spider-man while continuing to avoid him until cable steeped in seemed a little like the writer was amping deadpools abilities more then they should be.

And did Spider-Man seem a little bit out of character to anyone else. It seemed like i was reading Daredevil.

Not really funny and not really a good fight.
It was a pretty average issue.

End spoilers.

SnakeEyes
Wow, now I'm really pissed I stopped reading this series after issue 12 or so... Because I really want this issue, but I don't know if it'll make sense, considering I haven't read any of the other recent ones.

Disappear
his spider-sense did go off before he got pulled out of the car, but it was too late and he was in too small an area to react without blowing his cover. and deadpool's gone toe-to-toe with some other marvel heavyweights, so i think the fight was somewhat representative of the two. pete was downplayed a bit, though, and his personality seemed off. but that's nicieza for you. sit on it.

Jose123
Originally posted by Disappear
his spider-sense did go off before he got pulled out of the car, but it was too late and he was in too small an area to react without blowing his cover. and deadpool's gone toe-to-toe with some other marvel heavyweights, so i think the fight was somewhat representative of the two. pete was downplayed a bit, though, and his personality seemed off. but that's nicieza for you. sit on it.

I can buy the enclosed space. what i don't buy is pete not webbing up the crazy mercenary that just tossed him out of the car and off of the bridge.

or deapoool actually landing a hit after he was already outside iand pete was in full gear.

Deadpool:"Hey lookie what I can do" :spin kick

Spider-man: What? Is kicked by deadpool

Not exactly what he said but you get the point.

This issue was a really big disappointment. Two funny guys face off against each other and the writer makes one sound like Daredevil lite.

Where the hell was Peters joke in all of this. where was his mouth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.