A Sad Pawn Shop Story For You Guys.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I was fillin' up the car this afternoon and popped into Pawn America to see what was shakin'. One of the regulars spoke to me, and Alison and I headed over to the glass case. I couldn't believe my eyes as to what I saw.

Sitting on the glass shelves were the following;

GI Joe Season 1 Pt. 1
GI Joe Season 1 Pt. 2
GI Joe Season 2 Pt. 1
GI Joe 2 Disc Original Mini Series
Transformers Season 1
Transformers Season 2 Pt. 1
Transformers Season 2 Pt. 2
Transformers Season 3 Pt. 1
Transformers Season 3 Pt. 2 & Season 4
Transformers Beast Wars Season 1
Transformers Beast Wars Season 2
Transformers Beast Wars Season 3
Tool: Salival DVD/VHS

Had it not been for their prices being eBay average, I almost fainted. The clerk walked over and asked me; "Did you see all the GI Joe and Transformers sets?", to which I said yes, and he told me it sucked because the guy came in for a loan, brought all those in AT ONE TIME, couldn't pay the loan, so they had to sell alllllllllll his sets.

Guys, for those of you that don't know, that's about $750 worth of DVD's right there. All of them OOP and extremely limited. Rhinovision had the licenses to all the DIC/Sunbow cartoons, i.e. Joe, Transformers, Jem, etc, and pressed all these sets for about a YEAR only. So, yeah, incredibly rare.

Anyway, I thought it was kind of a sad story, expecially when this guy could have just sold 'em on eBay and made a small fortune, as opposed to the $150 or so I'm sure he got for them at the Pawn Shop.

P.S. I got Transformers: The Complete First Season for $20. Happy Dance

Mandorallen
How were they condition wise?

I used to watch beast wars in elementry school, I would have picked those up.

Cinemaddiction
All were excellent. "Beast Wars" and GI Joe Season 2 are still in print on DVD, the rest were discontinued. I ended up going back to get the GI Joe 2 Disc Original Mini Series for myself. Surprisingly enough, it was only $3.99.

Mandorallen
3.99?!?!

good stuff. Great story. I wish something would happen like that back here in VA. Every now and then I find something worth bragging about at gamestop.

tabby999
why the hell didn't you pick them all up!?! you know you'd make a fortune on eBay

Cinemaddiction
They were being sold for the same price as eBay prices, if not more.

tabby999
ah ok...well thats pretty weak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.