Games That Would Make Great Movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkC
There are some games with the potential to make good movies.

---PERFECT DARK

Perfect Dark is a great substitute for James Bond 007, and IMO we need someone new to take up the role of gun/gadget-toter. A beautiful redhead with a great knack of guns and a hardcore father would be a new innovation.

http://www.showbizz.net/uploads/films/jeangrey1.jpg
^Jean-Grey from the X-Men movies(dunno her real name) would be great for Jo Dark(just dye her hair a deeper red), while Bruce Willis:
http://www.azimut2001.com/images/sfondi/attori/bruce_willis.jpg
..would be great for the role of Jack Dark.

Wolfie
Video games don't translate well into movies.

DarkC
What I'm trying to ask is what games you think might make good movies and what should happen to make it good.

Silverstein
make Killzone a movie, futuristic warfare and throw in some interpersonal and intra personal conflicts between characters...

Mandorallen
Final fantasy 9, it'd be a great fantasy. IF done correctly.

IRTMU-Dragon
Turok might be good if they figured out how to do it correctly.

b-dan
Originally posted by Silverstein
make Killzone a movie, futuristic warfare and throw in some interpersonal and intra personal conflicts between characters... yes finally some one agrees with me and i think a war craft movie could be good to

Delta 62
A Ninja Gaiden movie would be insanely awesome, but only if Itagaki oversees it, and they don't use the asian guy that's evidently playing Ryu in the DoA movie. He's lacks the necessary muscle..and besides Ryu doesn't look asian at all. They could even use the voice actor from the game, since he probably wouldn't show his face.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. This would be totally nice. The Dahaka chases would be incredible on the big screen, and it'd be a much needed 'dark' movie. Too many are being dumbed down for kids.

bahhh_yeti
Theres a Hitman movie being made.....with Vin Diesel as Agent 47......talk about ****ing failure at the box office.........

bahhh_yeti
Exodus

Silverstein
Originally posted by b-dan
yes finally some one agrees with me and i think a war craft movie could be good to

warcraft would be too much like lord of the rings...im not sure if it can out do lotr...

Silverstein
a Mech Assault or Mech movie would be cool......terrorists...whatever sorry i havent played the game

b-dan
Legacy of kain i would want htat as a movie i could see Tim Curry as kain I know he is in his 60s but he was good as Lord od Darkness in Legend he could do it in this with make up. and i could see Orlando Bloom as Raziel and CHirstopher Lee as that thing in the undeworld

Silverstein
-True Crime would make a decent gangsta action flick (shooting, car chases, stunts, fighting...) ...starring jet li.
-Make Tony Hawks underground another comedy/xtreme sport teen movie

Hecatomb
Blinx! the time detective.

But it would only work as an anime.. yes

Otherwise Duke Nukem.

El_NINO
Metal Gear Solid with Tom Cruise as Solid Snake

DarkC
warcraft would be too much like lord of the rings...im not sure if it can out do lotr...
Read WarCraft: War of the Ancients; personally I think that'd be better for a WarCraft-based movie and plot. The main characters still play a cameo(like Thrall) but there are different characters, different plot.

Silverstein
Originally posted by El_NINO
Metal Gear Solid with Tom Cruise as Solid Snake

his career is badly ruined thanks to his publicity on oprah...(pics in my profile) plus he'd be a terrible snake. no offense.

DarkC
Originally posted by DarkC
Read WarCraft: War of the Ancients; personally I think that'd be better for a WarCraft-based movie and plot. The main characters still play a cameo(like Thrall) but there are different characters, different plot.
I was thinking the fella who played Eomer from LOTR. Tom Cruise is a negative now for me.

Nevermind

yes

Originally posted by Hecatomb
Otherwise Duke Nukem.

That I'd think might actually work.

erm

Silverstein
I was thinking the fella who played Eomer from LOTR. Tom Cruise is a negative now for me.

Eomer...isnt that the guy from Doom, Karl Urban? he's cool. im not going to say anything negative about him

-another game-movie idea:

-remake super mario bros: the movie.
-Splinter Cell :what actor should play sam fisher though

Tru_Slice
a Mech Assault or Mech movie would be cool......terrorists...whatever sorry i havent played the game

Mech Assault?

OMG! That would actually be awesome!!!!!!!!

Silverstein
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Mech Assault?

OMG! That would actually be awesome!!!!!!!!

out of all my life, i cant recall watching a mech movie. can someone name one thats made?

b-dan
Read WarCraft: War of the Ancients; personally I think that'd be better for a WarCraft-based movie and plot. The main characters still play a cameo(like Thrall) but there are different characters, different plot. thos are good books im on the second one rite now

b-dan
out of all my life, i cant recall watching a mech movie. can someone name one thats made? ive seen one forget what its called tho i saw it when i saw 8 all i remembure is that its a game show it was cool

vaya_the_elf
Fable, Balder's gate, and Diablo

Pandemoniac
Diablo might work under very good care, but I do think the game is to repetitive to make it a real movie. I'm not really waiting for a movie hero that learns a trick or 2 extra after slaying the next dumb monster.
Can't see myself cheering in the cinema at 'level gained, choose to add or improve a skill by your choice'.
Duke Nukem would be a better concept, he at least has the potential to be entertaining without you directly controlling him. Wouldn't win any Oscar's, but it could make a very humorous and gory action-movie.

PRINCE XIZOR
legend of zelda, and another street fighter movie.

Pandemoniac
By the way, there is a Quake movie on it's way. Another game that has potential, but I fear it will be soooo f*cked up on screen...

Scarecrow756
Splinter Cell
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Tekken

Renegade-agent
Fable
Star war knights of the old republic
Star wars knights of the old republic 2:the sith lords.

chilled monkey
Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix would be great.

DarkC
MechAssault would be better than MechWarrior for a movie. Action-packed, machinery, tactical situations, explosions. Sounds like a good mix. It'd seem vaguely familiar to Wing Commander, maybe.

Silverstein
Twisted Metal!! perfect action horror

The Getaway (ps2)

b-dan
ya twisted metal would be good i can see Vin deazel as sweet tooth the deep voice and evrything

Silverstein
Originally posted by b-dan
ya twisted metal would be good i can see Vin deazel as sweet tooth the deep voice and evrything

some of the twisted metal characters have masks on...such as sweet tooth...and dollface. But i see diesel as Axel or somethin,

b-dan
i still think legacy of kain would be good Ti mCurry as Kain, Orlando Bloon as Razeil, Christopher Lee as that thing in the under world, Cate Blanchett as Ariel, and Liam Neeson as Mobius

Silverstein
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Diablo might work under very good care, but I do think the game is to repetitive to make it a real movie. I'm not really waiting for a movie hero that learns a trick or 2 extra after slaying the next dumb monster.
Can't see myself cheering in the cinema at 'level gained, choose to add or improve a skill by your choice'.
Duke Nukem would be a better concept, he at least has the potential to be entertaining without you directly controlling him. Wouldn't win any Oscar's, but it could make a very humorous and gory action-movie.

i think Duke Nukem was going to be a movie...starring the Rock, read it in Playstation Magazine a long time ago...but then it never took off...

Delta 62
Hmm..Scarecrow, Yoda didn't say the quote in your profile, that was Obi.

And I'm sick and tired of Vin Diesel and the Rock..I won't see any movie with either of them. They don't fit with any character they've played, and probably never will.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Delta 62
Hmm..Scarecrow, Yoda didn't say the quote in your profile, that was Obi.

And I'm sick and tired of Vin Diesel and the Rock..I won't see any movie with either of them. They don't fit with any character they've played, and probably never will.

if you ever watched wrestling, The Rock is a very good comedian...and actor, in my opinion they're both good actors. except Arnold "passed his torch" to The Rock (watch The Rundown and special features)

mailedbypostman
Fable? blink Which one? (As in the good, evil, or other variations;which one?)
And ahem, there's already a Splinter Cell movie being made.
Starcraft
Warcraft

Silverstein
post the website or news about the splinter cell movie if you can

b-dan
the Onimusha trilogy id pay to see that

Victor Von Doom
Resident Evil 4, done properly.

el barto_1
i think god of war would make a kick ass movie, BUT that would need an incredibly skilled director like maybe Zack Snyder for insans ( if there are typing errors it's cause i'm from norway)

twino143
halo and that as thing often say is that cool

b-dan
ur dum that movie is being made!!!! if u can read which i think u cnat the thread is called games that would make good movies not games that are going to be made into movies

Silverstein
Originally posted by el barto_1
i think god of war would make a kick ass movie, BUT that would need an incredibly skilled director like maybe Zack Snyder for insans ( if there are typing errors it's cause i'm from norway)

They are making a God Of War movie...i think its in production. Screenplay thing is done by two guys, one of em did Barbershop...read it in Official Playstation Magazine

Fanboy
All the Splinter cells and Rise to Honor.

haloparkpunk
-True Crime would make a decent gangsta action flick (shooting, car chases, stunts, fighting...) ...starring jet li.

I think Underground 2 would be way better. With the whole Tony team vs. Bam team thing goin on.

Dordaness
i think MArio Kart should be a film big grin lol

Silverstein
Originally posted by Dordaness
i think MArio Kart should be a film big grin lol

thats cool. Hey, what if, they make mario more like the Super Mario Bros movie: dark tone. Like mario and luigi are a bunch of plumbers(like in the old movie) but they use their money to supe up their street cars...

khfreak#1
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
tht would be awsome .though insome ways could end up bad.that would have to be very deliclatly handled

legacy92
Dynasty Warriors would be epic
asome if done correctly with good effects and done accourding to the Encyclpidia
LUBU OWNS hehehe
anyhoo id love to see Dynasty Warriors
and PERFECT DARK THAT WOULD BE WIKED imagine elvis lolz

but my personal favourite i wana see ..SPIN DIZZY or PIT FIGHTERS LMAO jks jks!! laughing

TWISTED METAL BLACK WOULD BE GREAT!! IF DONE CORRECTLY !! FOR GET 1 and 2 well maby 2 but black would be real dark and scary but it kould make it big!!! SWEET TOOTH
o i kould imagine Vin as John doe ? axel would be nice but not sweet tooth
suikoden 2 i would love to see lol ino im skippin the firsts just bekause i liked these versions of the games the best lol hehehe
and Soul Calibur movie would be nice IF they have a very good coriagrapher lol ino srry for my spelin maby the guy woo did the matrix kunf fu hustle and sholin soccer that same guy would be nice imagine fencing kung fu and samurai styles defending agasint one another i would like the fite scenes

lol ino alot but yeah those moovies i would truly like to see!

khfreak#1
wtf did u just say

thomasgeorge
halo movie i got on copy and you get to see master chiefs face vin diesel

y_monkee
Street Fighter 2 .... properly done such that they only really concentrate on either Ryu & ken, or Chun-li's side of events ... not the micky mouse variety show versions

or similar deal with Mortal Kombat with only focus being paid on Sub-zero (both # IV and V) and his grduge against Scorpion. ... cos, who doesn't think ninja movies are cool?

OR ... Sonic the hedgehog as a CG kids movie

jenzie
HALF LIFE
as a trilogy

Family_guy725
Age of mythology would be sweet so would far cry but thats probably being made

Onikirimaru
Leisure Suit larry

Just take any national lampoon script being written right now and change any character in it to Larry and there ya go.

Bardiel13
I would have to say
WarCraft, StarCraft, Diablo (I'm actually surprised no one's thought of making one yet...)

Fear Effect (Bring on the gun-slinging lesbians! HUZZAH!)

Kessen/Samurai Warriors (That would actually be pretty cool!)

Serious Sam (It would probably suck in real life, but I'd see it anyway)

Mech Assault (Nuff said)

The Elderscrolls (My life would be complete)

GunGrave (I know, there's already a TV show that came before the game, but it deserves a live action movie!)

Metal Gear Solid (Hugh Jackman=Snake!)

Alone in the Dark 2 (Just kidding! laughing )

Blue Dragon
Any game can be made as a great film (except Pacman & old school games.)

Jak & Daxter (I think would be a great one!)
Ratchet & Clank
Sonic
Soul Calibur (also think would be great!)
Sly Cooper
Super Smash Bros Melee (hmmm, well, I think this could be fun!)
Ty Tasmanian Tiger

Trying to think of what games I own...

DARTH_MALIK_1.0
warcraft 3 rain of chaos

or

kotor >>k: knights
>>>>>>o: of
>>>>>>t: the
>>>>>>o: old
>>>>>>r: republic

or

kotor2

or

mech asault , i have it it would be a great movie

Shadow x 20
Let's see a Sonic the Hedgehog movie with just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman. Keep the cast small and the story simple.

Silverstein
wasnt eggman also known as dr robotnik?

DOOM2099
Can't believe we got this far without mentioning Deus Ex.

If you haven't played it, you aren't a real gamer.

bob445577
i don't think any video games would make movies good

John Bak'or
SSBM i think wil be pretty hard to do and so will diablo. warcraft might be too much like LOTOR but more far fetched. I LOVED the idea of MGS1 that would be cool as all hell. just not hugh jackman. wrong kinda face for it.
mech assult definatly.
i know this isnt entirely based on a game but i think there should be a sequel to FF7AC those who have seen it might agree after wat 'someone' said.
all the games i have mentioned above would make great movies in the right hands

Bardiel13
I'm almost finished with Indigo Prophecy. The game itself is practically a movie! If someone doesn't make a movie of this there will be hell to pay!

bloodboys2blueb
How about a movie for Hitman, it will be like a james bond but more stealth

DOOM2099
They should make a movie about a dude that goes back in time and prevents bad video game movies from happening. Uwe Boll dies in the opening credits.

gamer2006
I think that comand and conquer would make a good movie

anbody agree?

gamer2006
Originally posted by MadMel
SSBM i think wil be pretty hard to do and so will diablo. warcraft might be too much like LOTOR but more far fetched. I LOVED the idea of MGS1 that would be cool as all hell. just not hugh jackman. wrong kinda face for it.
mech assult definatly.
i know this isnt entirely based on a game but i think there should be a sequel to FF7AC those who have seen it might agree after wat 'someone' said.
all the games i have mentioned above would make great movies in the right hands

Yes there should defiantly be a Diablo movie or 2 since there are 2 games

doan_m
Freedom Fighters. Soviet Russia invades America in 2003. It's Red Dawn inspired... yes I know but the story in that game..... they just GOT to make a Freedom Fighter movie.

Impediment
Resident Evil 4 would translate very well, IMO.

BackFire
Half Life 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.