What if Tim Burton directed Batman Begins?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Would it suck or not?

I mean the majority of people agree that Batman '89, directed by Tim Burton, was a classic and probably the best Batman movie out of all except maybe "B.Begins"

But would it bomb? "Batman" '89 didn't. And i think he's still a good director now..

Silverstein
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Would it suck or not?

I mean the majority of people agree that Batman '89, directed by Tim Burton, was a classic and probably the best Batman movie out of all except maybe "B.Begins"

But would it bomb? "Batman" '89 didn't. And i think he's still a good director now..

the majorty of fans agree that. Im a fan of the new one...Tim Burton is a crazy director (positive/negative thing anyway u look at it). He portrayed the billionaire Bruce as an outcast, a loner, focused on the environment and external factors. Chris Nolan made BB to explore Bruce.
-If he was set to direct BB, it wouldnt be near the same thing as it is now. maybe none of that utelize fear stuff, and scarecrow would be a gas toxin weaponizing guy running around in a scarecrow costume.

FistOfThe North
Well to me, Tim Burtons style was always had a gothic/gloomy, dark humor to it.

But i think this new "Batman Begins" movie would be better than a Burton directed "Batman Begins" movie. Although gloom was apart of "Batman Begins" it had an element Tim Burton never really messes with in his films, and thats mature realism. Yea, "Batman Begins" wasn't real, but it was certainly mature. Unlike mostly all of Burton's movies.

Burton's cool, but I can't see him do a realistic drama. I wouldn't come out right.

Silverstein
Chris Nolan's Batman Begins was reallistic.
-bat armor, instead of a muscle suit
-bruce's training
-the only unreallistic thing is the blue flower, but the idea of weaopinizing gases are pretty reallistic

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Silverstein
-bruce's training
-the only unreallistic thing is the blue flower, but the idea of weaopinizing gases are pretty reallistic

well, there were a few things in "Batman Begins" that were unrealistic like some of the "Bat-tank's" capabilities,

I don't know of any cars, or tanks in this case, that have stealth mode that visibly shields itself from multiple and closeby cop cars in hot persuit, lol

Or his cape and it's capabilities.

I don't know of any handgliders that tighten up after being as loose as a wet towel and allow you to glide in places that don't even hold strong air current because, to me, Batman was flying in that scene where he flew over Gotham above the chaos when people looked up to him and saw fire coming out his eyes and mouth. He was up there for a while. with no air currents. lol that wasn't gliding.

WindDancer
Burton Directed Batman Begins = Total Disaster.

His work is great in other films. BB was defenetly a film he should stay out.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by WindDancer
Burton Directed Batman Begins = Total Disaster.

His work is great in other films. BB was defenetly a film he should stay out.

But thats the thing. the 1st Batman Burton directed was real good, why would it be disaterous for him to do it with "Begins", do you think?. I mean it's not like he sucks at making "batman" movies, we all know that, there's proof.

Silverstein
well, there were a few things in "Batman Begins" that were unrealistic like some of the "Bat-tank's" capabilities,

I don't know of any cars, or tanks in this case, that have stealth mode that visibly shields itself from multiple and closeby cop cars in hot persuit, lol

I don't know of any handgliders that tighten up after being as loose as a wet towel and allow you to glide in places that don't even hold strong air current because, to me, Batman was flying in that scene where he flew over Gotham above the chaos when people looked up to him and saw fire coming out his eyes and mouth. He was up there for a while. with no air currents. lol that wasn't gliding.

-that...car sized tank's stealth mode is merely turning off its roaring engines and lights and using momentum to drive, note that its really black. so the bat gadgets are a bit futuristic. big whup.

WindDancer
But thats the thing. the 1st Batman Burton directed was real good, why would it be disaterous for him to do it with "Begins", do you think?. I mean it's not like he sucks at making "batman" movies, we all know that, there's proof.

Is obvious that if WB wanted to revive and reinvent the franchise they had to start with a different approach. Burton has his own particular style of Batman. And given the fact that fans were sick and tired of Batman movies being too colorful, WB opted to get a different director with a different style. Had they gone back to Burton the film would have lost interest specially since Burton's reputation got stained after his remake of Planet of the Apes.

Mr Parker

thats the biggest false statement of the century.Burton sucks big time when it comes to making batman movies.he is a good film director no doubt,but not when it comes to making batman movies.Burton should never have been allowed near a batman franchise,he made the worst casting choice in comicbook history casting pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt michael keaton for tall,muscualr handsome full set of hair bruce wayne? wtf? that rivals the horrible casting choice of burt reynolds as boss hogg because in both cases,neither comes close to fitting the role of the character.burton turned batman into a cowardly killer and the only time batman killed in the comics was in the very beginning and it was only when he absolutely had and there was no way out.burton should NEVER have been allowed near a batman franchise as all true batman fans know.the first one was horrible for those reasons,there is pleny more why the first one was horrible as well.he would have made batman into a cowardly killer again and probably have brought back keaton as batman as well.if not keaton,someone else who would be half bald and out of shape.burton should NEVER have been allowed near a batman franchise,the first two like the others were ALL disastourous and thats what we would have had with begins as well.thank god for nolan,a fans director who FINALLY delivered a batman movie that wasnt crap.

EsteemedLeader
Batman Begins sucked, so by all means it would have been way better with Burton at the helm.yes

Silverstein
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
it would have been way better with Burton at the helm.yes

sick

DarkAge
I just saw Edward Scissorhands again last night, and it was great. Tim Burton is a good fantasy director. But Batman isn't supposed to be fantasy. Beyond visual and aural style, Batman 89 was a piece of shit. I can't fathom how people can sit through that film and say it's a classic based on a couple of superficial reasons. Because apart from its style, everything else about it sucked!

EsteemedLeader
Everything about Batman Begins sucked beyond compare...

DarkAge
Says the guy with a power rangers villain in his signature.

Gregory
If Tim Burton directed Batman Begins, it would have been 60 minutes of Scarecrow mixed with 60 minutes of Ra's a Ghul, with Batman occassionally getting a five-minute camio. Much like his other Batman movies, really.

Mr Parker
Batman Begins sucked, so by all means it would have been way better with Burton at the helm.yes

Your living ina fantasy world dude,Batman begins was 100 times better than that crapfest batman 89. sick

Mr Parker

This coming from a guy who likes batman and robin better. laughing that alone speaks volumes about your taste in movies. laughing

Silverstein

ok your retarded.

-as for burton thign with 60 mins of scarecrow and al ghul: ya most likely, he'll have the billionaire bachelor sitting in his cave all day, looking at people touring his mansion through his mirror. sad.

b-dan
ya knowing burton he would probly focus more on scarecrow and the fear toxin if u halusionated you would probly see soem werid black and white striped thing bu ti would of liked ot see scarecrow the way he was in the comics but he was still cool in BB

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Mr Parker
This coming from a guy who likes batman and robin better. laughing that alone speaks volumes about your taste in movies. laughing

And this is from a guy who liked "Elektra". History's worst comic book movie of all known time.

Mr Parker
No that honor would go to the guy with the mask on below my user name.Elektra was just too much of an adult film for you to enjoy unlike those kiddie burton batman flicks and the guy below my user name.The majority of movie goers enjoy watching crap and thats why those comicbook movies unlike Elektra made so much money at the box office.

NoFate007
If Burton had directed Begins, we would've had Batman '89 again. We'd be calling this Batman '05.

I don't think it'd be bad...cause I love '89...however I think Nolan was the perfect choice for it.

The only thing I'd have liked to carry over was the main theme, you gotta love Elfman's theme.

Silverstein
Originally posted by NoFate007
If Burton had directed Begins, we would've had Batman '89 again. We'd be calling this Batman '05.

I don't think it'd be bad...cause I love '89...however I think Nolan was the perfect choice for it.

The only thing I'd have liked to carry over was the main theme, you gotta love Elfman's theme.

the elfman theme wouldnt fit in with batman begins' style

FistOfThe North
No that honor would go to the guy with the mask on below my user name.Elektra was just too much of an adult film for you to enjoy unlike those kiddie burton batman flicks and the guy below my user name.The majority of movie goers enjoy watching crap and thats why those comicbook movies unlike Elektra made so much money at the box office.

Dude, Elektra blew. Are you saying Elektra was better than Batman '89?

if so then you must be out of your gourd, dude. I'd rather watch Halle's Catwoman 10 times in a row than to have to sit through Elektra for 7 seconds with Jennifer Garner watching it with me in my house.. I'd pay not to see Elektra. An adult film? I happen to like adult films. (especially hardcore ones, hehe) but i digress. You're saying I dont enjoy adult films, I liked Batman Begins. so stop assuming. You think just because someone likes Batman '89 that there not real fans. Get over yourself, dude.

get over it. Majority rules. Batman '89 rocked & still does. I'd watch it again definitely. And screw Clooney and Kilmer as the Dark Knight..

Mr Parker
Dude, Elektra blew. Are you saying Elektra was better than Batman '89?

if so then you must be out of your gourd, dude. I'd rather watch Halle's Catwoman 10 times in a row than to have to sit through Elektra for 7 seconds with Jennifer Garner watching it with me in my house.. I'd pay not to see Elektra. An adult film? I happen to like adult films. (especially hardcore ones, hehe) but i digress. You're saying I dont enjoy adult films, I liked Batman Begins. so stop assuming. You think just because someone likes Batman '89 that there not real fans. Get over yourself, dude.

get over it. Majority rules. Batman '89 rocked & still does. I'd watch it again definitely. And screw Clooney and Kilmer as the Dark Knight..

yep,the ONLY good thing about batman 89 is Danny Elfmans music and the scenes with kim basinger in them. big grin sorry but a batman movie where all they do is just stand around and talk for the first hour in a half is boring as hell,thats why I will take Elecktra and batman forever any day of the year over those crapfest burton batman flicks .yep sorry the truth hurts that your not a true fan for accepting those crapfest burton batman movies. stick out tongue majority dose not rule because as I said,the majority of moviegoers only likes watching crap instead of quality movies like elektra.No screw clooney and keaton as the dark knight. Im done with ya.

bakerboy
I think that these kind of threads are really dumb because burton directed batman and batman returns and nolan directed batman begins. That is what we have, to think what coud be if burton directed batman begins or stuff like that is kinda boring and dumb.

But thanks to god that chris nolan directed batman begins and not tim burton or joel schumacher , who are two talented directors but with a wrong concept of the character, as they prooved in their terrible movies.

Silverstein
people only like burtons batman because it was the first batman movie. People seem to have an attraction for the original, like the simpsons over the family guy: considering family guy is more funnier and better

FistOfThe North
because as I said,the majority of moviegoers only likes watching quality movies like elektra. Im done with ya.

laughing

sevenman
sucks

Mr Parker
people only like burtons batman because it was the first batman movie. People seem to have an attraction for the original, like the simpsons over the family guy: considering family guy is more funnier and better

That is so true,I have seen many batman fans post the absurd logic over the years at sites saying that keaton was the best batman because he was the first and original one.seriously I have seen that posted many times over the years,thats the kind of logic they sprout off. laughing trying to reason with them that if a guy doesnt even come close to looking the role,then he brings no credibility to the part is like talking to wall with these keaton burton fans who refuse to take the blinders off and see how poor burtons films really are. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hegemon875

I got the 2-disc set a few days ago and they mention in one of the special features that the memory cloth is something the army is experimenting on right now so its not that far fetched.

IMO Tim burton is overrated. The only reason people liked his batman so much is because the others were just so god awful until of course Batman Begins.

Hegemon875
That is so true,I have seen many batman fans post the absurd logic over the years at sites saying that keaton was the best batman because he was the first and original one.seriously I have seen that posted many times over the years,thats the kind of logic they sprout off. laughing trying to reason with them that if a guy doesnt even come close to looking the role,then he brings no credibility to the part is like talking to wall with these keaton burton fans who refuse to take the blinders off and see how poor burtons films really are. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Totally agree with you. Personally I'd like to see how keaton would be as the Joker.

sevenman
Or maybe because it was the 19th greatest movie of all time, bitches.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/records/inflation.html

He's like I met alot of crackers batman haters. Congratulations, you met alot of crackers batman haters. Good for you, cracker.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by sevenman
Or maybe because it was the 19th greatest movie of all time, bitches.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/records/inflation.html

He's like I met alot of crackers batman haters. Congratulations, you met alot of crackers batman haters. Good for you, cracker.

blink

sevenman

Gregory
Are you autistic or something?

Draco69
If Tim Burton directed Batman Begins.....

Johnny Depp would be playing Batman....cause you know they have a "thing" going on.

sevenman
YO HOLD ON YOU SO ****ING LAME

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Totally agree with you. Personally I'd like to see how keaton would be as the Joker.

FINALLY!!! someone who knows something about logic and common sense. Happy Dance People just want to believe the first one was the best because it was the original.I have seen many posts over the years of that old tiresome nonsense that if its not Burtons batman movies are great and schuamchers are horrible,its the other tiresome-The first one was great,the rest of them sucked.they just dont get it that they all sucked and were not at all believeable like Begins was.They were ALL horribly casted unlike Batman Begins.I hate the first two more so than Batman forever,the one of the four I thought was halfway decent because Kilmer at least looked like bruce wayne and at least acted like him-unlike keaton,it had lots more action in it unlike those incredibly boring burton films,the batcave tunnel kilmer went through to get to the cave was awesome,the batplane flying through the cave was amazing,ditto for the batboat.Plus KIlmers batman did not look like a wuss in a fight like Keatons batman did in the first film.Batman Forever COULD have been a magical movie unlike the first two,but just like the first two batman movies were ruined with the horrible casting choice of keaton,Schumacher ruined batman forever with the horrible casting choice of Chris O'donnel as robin. mad the guy not only sucked as an actor,he was wayyyyy too old to be adopted,that was not at all believeable.I mean him and kilmer looked the same age for god sakes.Thank god for nolan.He realised the miatakes that all the other batman films made and did not make those same mistakes and unlike the other four films,made great casting decisions.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by WindDancer
Burton has his own particular style of Batman. And given the fact that fans were sick and tired of Batman movies being too colorful
I love Burton's particular style.

I never got sick and tired of Burton's "colorful", as you say, Batman movies.

I thought Batman '89 and Returns were good, I'd still watch 'em. And I personally know tons of fans that would agree. And thats not counting fans I don't know, which there are even more than, well, I know.

Get it right, before you get it wrong.

Batman Returns
Batman Begins was a horrible version of batman. i dont care what anyone else says tim burton nailed batman head on and thats what made Batman a success. he was crazy, had a super-natural-ness about him (unlike nolans half-assed version) and kicked royal ass. and ppl need to stop saying that "batman is fantastical". yes he is, most certainly. hes even more fanstatical then superman! thats cuz nobody identifies with Batman. he's a billionaire. he owns collapsible bat-themed hanggliders. he can only solve crimes if the criminals leave rhyming clues while wearing question mark-covered unitards. he beats up mutant penguins and lives in a cave with a ten-year-old boy. If anybody in the real world knows anyone remotely like Batman, I can assure you we avoid them like lepers, let alone look to them for spiritual guidance.

no, the reason we come back to Batman as an icon again and again is because the title character, like most entertaining people, is so clearly a barking lunatic. Unlike Superman or Wonder Woman, who at least have the pretense of powers to justify their lunacy, Batman is just some guy who dresses up like a bat every Friday and beats up criminals while Robin holds them down.Even Batman's haunting ground, Gotham City, is a psychotic nightmare. criminals attempt to poison the revervoir more often than city officials bother to chlorinate it. Gotham City museums actually have things worth stealing in them, but have yet to install any kind of reliable anti-theft device despite weekly break-ins. The police are unable to close the simplest of cases without sprinting up to the roof and shining an emergency "Get The Guy Who Dresses Like a Bat Over Here" floodlight into the sky. There are evidently so many aviaries and circuses in Gotham City that there are over a dozen abandoned ones handy for rental as lairs by villains. I wholeheartedly support Gotham City's enthusiastic funding of bird and circus-based attractions, but it's still clearly a town packed to bursting with the mentally disturbed. Only in a place that crazy could a Bat-Man ever even exist, let alone thrive.

That's the simple beauty of Batman's enduring legacy. We don't identify with him. We don't laugh at him. Mostly we just marvel at him, I think. In most movies, the villains get to have all the fun, and the heroes tend to be fairly bland. Batman's one of the few characters I can think of who's as monumentally ****ed up as the criminals he's chasing. Tim Burton and Michael Keaton understood that. Nolan didnt even begin to comprehend that. and thats why batman begins is a horrible version of batman. it takes batman way too seriously and makes him out to be like hes actually normal, like.....Spiderman or James Bond or something.
batman isnt any of them, hes FAR more different and very fantastical and crazy in his way of thinking.

Batman Returns
I love Burton's particular style.

I never got sick and tired of Burton's "colorful", as you say, Batman movies.

I thought Batman '89 and Returns were good, I'd still watch 'em. And I personally know tons of fans that would agree. And thats not counting fans I don't know, which there are even more than, well, I know.

Get it right, before you get it wrong.

Agreed. stupid ppl need to shut up before they make fools of themselves.......too late.

Knightfall93
Stop trying to fulfill your career as a tragedy author here, BR, your opinions are tragic enough without us hearing them in LOTR- sized chunks!

Batman Returns
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Stop trying to fulfill your career as a tragedy author here, BR, your opinions are tragic enough without us hearing them in LOTR- sized chunks!

your blinded, sadly. your not faceing the truth, and because of that, you will suffer the loss. its your loss, not mine.

anyways, your opinions suck, so i really could care less.

and thank you, i like LOTR's. hee hee.

Tron
-bruce's training

Actually, the blue flower was very realistic. Some plants can be used to make halucinogens (I forget how it's spelled).

wuTa
i think a better question would be, if nolan and goyer teamed up for the 89 batman would it have been better?

atharpina
Most drugs are made from plants. The blue flower thing was very realistic.

Batman Returns
the thing that really made me dislike BB was that we are built up to believe in this "real reality" and then towards the middle everything gets all spiderman-y and weak. and even the bruce training parts reminded me too much of those training scenes from the last samurai, just kind of skimmed over and we're given no real clues to what exactly bruce trained under. i mean, when did he learn to throw baterangs? they never showed that. the actual training sequences felt more like a commercial for the movie rather then the movie itself, which was sad. i felt like ive already seen everything, wich sucked cuz there was no surprises really until the end, and it really didnt pay off. at the end of B89, i felt satisfied and that it was done......for now. with BB, it felt like the movie had a second part, so it wasnt really satifying in that sense. i just walked away from it feeling a bit cheated.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by wuTa
i think a better question would be, if nolan and goyer teamed up for the 89 batman would it have been better?

doubt it. burton was the man for the job back then. heck, even if burton made a batman film today, im all for it. at least batman would be bATMAN not just some guy in a suit. burton had atmosphere, and thats essential to batman, especially in a batman MOVIE. a movie is not a comic book. ppl need to realize that.

Knightfall93
Well, it's a COMIC BOOK movie! So maybe Burton should have read some COMIC BOOKS first!

Mr Parker
He sure should have,at least some batman comics.LOL. and yea thats the better question is if goyer and nolan teamed up would it have been better and I have no doubts it would have been a hundred times better than the crap Burton brought to the screen..

Knightfall93
a million times better!

Batman Returns
you are an ignorant fool parker. noone but knightfall agrees with you or listens to your rediculous posts. i thought you knew that by now. figures. as far as "burton never read comics", thats not true. he may not be a total ass "fanboy" like you guys are (im glad hes not), but he certainly knows how to make a good batman movie, thats for sure. he actually read DKR AND "the killing joke" and said to WB "THIS is the kind of batman i want to make!! this is it!!", and the rest is history. how do i know this? the woman on the B89 SE DVD said that burton said this so its true.

you nolanites, how pathetic. youll say anything to bash burton. truly iganorant and wrong.

Knightfall93
Actually that wwasnt the result... the result was a homicidal maniac more resembling The JOKER than BATMAN

Cascador
I think Burton had his chance to make Batman and he succeeded in it...
I don't think I wanted Burton for another Batman tho...I mean he had his time with a magnificent Batman represented by Michael Keaton...
It's good that for a change someone else did it and succeeded in it unlike Schumacher...that's what I'm happy about....but no...I want Nolan to continue. I'm happy what Burton did with Batman but I think he would have refused to do it anyway if they offered him to do another Batman movie.

Knightfall93
He'd want to make it another animation about dead people! That's all h ever makes...

Cascador
Originally posted by Knightfall93
He'd want to make it another animation about dead people! That's all h ever makes...

tsss...how can you critisize someone's work, if you don't know his work at all...

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by Batman Returns
burton had atmosphere, and thats essential to batman, especially in a batman MOVIE.

Batman Begins had atmosphere.

http://www.oscar.com/nominees/achievementincinematographynominee1.html?ad=style

It's nominated for an award in cinematography. I'll take a smart fans opinion over yours any day of the week.

Knightfall93
LOL, nice call, Harvey! Oh, I also lve "The Nightmare before Christmas" but it's hardly very Batman- ish...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.