Some bad Acting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Mader
Hey do u guys notice the terrible acting sometimes and the mistakes and the stupid things that aren't needed lol?
George Lucas doesn't even try.

Like in ROTS anakin and obi were balancing on the pole and u see some stupid robot flying. Also when anakin jumps on a stupid robot. The love scenes are terrible too. This may not be refering to anything but when mace fights palpy in this part where mace walks around him near the window HE TIPPY TOES.

In AOTC in the begining when the ship explodes, u see the did guy on the floor with his eye opened and BLINKS. U have to look closely for that part. Also that arm chopping part. Like Anakin just waits for the hit.

too many mistake, bad acting, and useless thing in the movies

PVS
derp erm

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by Lord Mader
Hey do u guys notice the terrible acting sometimes and the mistakes and the stupid things that aren't needed lol?

Like in ROTS anakin and obi were balancing on the pole and u see some stupid robot flying. Also when anakin jumps on a stupid robot. The love scenes are terrible too. This may not be refering to anything but when mace fights palpy in this part where mace walks around him near the window HE TIPPY TOES.

In AOTC in the begining when the ship explodes, u see the did guy on the floor with his eye opened and BLINKS. U have to look closely for that part. Also that arm chopping part. Like Anakin just waits for the hit.

who cares

Ken Kenobi
Holy Incomplete Sentences Batman!

Most of those items you pointed out were thrown in so the environment wasn't so static. The robot that pops up when they are in the "balancing act" is to prove that they are dueling on a working factory.

I do agree that the acting is sometimes piss poor and comes nowhere near the Original Trilogy. After watching Episode III many times I've come to the conclusion that, though it may be the best of the prequel, it is still a shitty film and didn't meet expectations for me. I cringe at most points on the Prequels because of how unStar Wars they are. Lucas would have been best to have stories similar to the OT, but on a grander scale and having NO CGI, the 2 trilogies don't match up one iota.

Did I have fun watching the PT? Yes. Did I enjoy them? Yes. Do I think Lucas should have had others direct the films like he did for The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi? Yes.

Lucas has no skills in the directors chair. If it weren't for Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiramid in ROTS the film would have been much, much worse.

darthvader_fan
I DISSAGREE WITH LUCAS NOT BEING A GOOD DIRECTOR,

HIM, SPEILBERG, AND SOME OTHER DIRECTOR ARE THE 3 BEST
PLUS LUCAS GOT AN AWARD FOR MAKING EXCELLENT MOVIES ON CHANNEL USA

Jedi Priestess
re this thread nutkick

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
I DISSAGREE WITH LUCAS NOT BEING A GOOD DIRECTOR,

HIM, SPEILBERG, AND SOME OTHER DIRECTOR ARE THE 3 BEST
PLUS LUCAS GOT AN AWARD FOR MAKING EXCELLENT MOVIES ON CHANNEL USA

He's made a few good movies. American Graffiti, THX-1138 (theatrical release), and A New Hope.

He didn't direct the best film in the Star Wars franchise, ESB. He DID direct all of the PT, which was below par and a total crapfest with some good scenes. Most people associate him with Star Wars, but without Irvin Kirschner do you think that ESB would have been as great as it was? Probably not. Thus there would be no ROTJ or a PT.

Lord Nauj

Yeah the actors can be really bad sometimes but remember they are following the script and the character. whatever george says the actor have to do it

*Natalie~Luver*
emm Guys you do know that Hayden Christensen is the worst actor ever. His constant attemps to "act" is ridiciolus.

Luca$ had to get one of the worst actors to play the part of Anakin and that made his movie even worse.

I can't believe that this human 2x4 is allow to ruin movies with his oak tree acting. Pathetic!

Canadadude
Lucas is an amazing business man, ideas genius, and new technology in movies. As a people person and director who has to work with actors.......he is terrible

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Canadadude
Lucas is an amazing business man, ideas genius, and new technology in movies. As a people person and director who has to work with actors.......he is terrible

Agreed.

Lucas is a brilliant strategist, but not the best director.

Canadadude
Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best example of where Lucas shines as an idea man. Speilberg and Lucas make a great team

Boris
Yes, acting is bad, thank you.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by *Natalie~Luver*
emm Guys you do know that Hayden Christensen is the worst actor ever. His constant attemps to "act" is ridiciolus.

LIFE AS A HOUSE=Golden Globe Nomination and thats all that needs to be said

Lord Nauj

Luca$ had to get one of the worst actors to play the part of Anakin and that made his movie even worse.

I can't believe that this human 2x4 is allow to ruin movies with his oak tree acting. Pathetic!
He is not a bad actor its his character and thats that stick out tongue

*Natalie~Luver*
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

err Sly Stallone = Oscar Nomination

career after that.

Futhermore Gayden is a terrible actor

Jedi Priestess
The very fact that you address the man in the manner that you do, lends zero credibility to your argument there.

vader519
If you would watch other movies Hayden is in, you would realzie he is not a bad actor. Watch Shattered Glass, it is a good movie and Hayden does a good job in the film.

Canadadude
Hayden was great in Shattered Glass and that was a very good movie. I feel sorry for him really in Star Wars because it limited his ability. There is word that he and Lucas had a disagreement on how Anakin should be in Ep II as a character. Hayden wanted to make Anakin more like Vader in the OT and Lucas wanted the winey kid angle. Of coarse Lucas won because he was the boss

*Natalie~Luver*
Hayden sucked in that movie. He was introduced as the son every mother would like to have, but what you see is a New Kid on The Block wearing a suit and acting like a "professional" and a pathetic Jude Law wannabe. And you are supposed to like him at first and even think this is a serious film. Crystalmeth is just the worst actor alive, there no arguing the fact. After 10 minutes I'm starting to hope rotten things would happen to him. Just for being annoying. God, what a loser!

Canadadude
wow you really don't like Hayden do you

Jedi Priestess
*sigh* once again for Natalie Luver

The very fact that you address the man in the manner that you do, lends zero credibility to your argument there.

Canadadude
I agree with you JP

Lord Nauj
Hayden sucked in that movie. He was introduced as the son every mother would like to have, but what you see is a New Kid on The Block wearing a suit and acting like a "professional" and a pathetic Jude Law wannabe. And you are supposed to like him at first and even think this is a serious film. Crystalmeth is just the worst actor alive, there no arguing the fact. After 10 minutes I'm starting to hope rotten things would happen to him. Just for being annoying. God, what a loser!
gf give it a rest, your just to whiny about everything stick out tongue

muserke
I know the acting in the prequels isn't outstanding but I still love them. As much as the OT. I grew up with Star Wars and it will always be part of me. It's the whole Star Wars feeling, in a galaxy far far away. So what if the acting is not perfect. And Hayden did a good job at ROTS and I really like the movie. Can't wait for the DVD. smile

Tangible God
Yeah Hayden was......................ok.

He did a better job in, Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

kalsemo

yes

Darth Sadistic

Thank you JP. Hayden isn't a horrible actor. See Life as a House or even Shattered Glass (although LAAH was better) and you will see that the kid has talent.

OB1-adobe
This thread is soooooooooooo 2002

Sorgo

Who the hell do you think you are? I'd like to see you make timeless classics like George did, buddy!

American Graffiti, THX-1138 and Star Wars are some of the most loved and most watched movies of ALL TIME.

Scoot, boy!

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
This thread is soooooooooooo 2002
and your so 1999 *whatever stick out tongue

Lord Mader
Hayden isnt a bad actor, I don't see any problems with him in the movie.

truejedi
In Star Wars, Hayden plays a character that comes across as whiny and spoiled, this is why he looks so bad. This doesn't make it bad acting, and it doesn't make it a bad character, it fits the image that vader becomes perfectly, its just painful to see, because we all wanted vader to be a man. I agree with one thing on the original post, the saber duel always seem to end when one guy stops fighting, i.e. Anakin pausing before dooku cuts off his arm, and darth maul just standing there and letting himself be cut down, also vader laying there and holding up his saber with one hand while luke hacks away with 2, thats one place where i could see improvement, but i don't demand it, because the movies are great just the way they are.

Prince Nauj
yes remember anakin is still in puberty in aotc , all kids that age whine about everything

Da preacher
Originally posted by ~Forever Lost~
I know the acting in the prequels isn't outstanding but I still love them. As much as the OT. I grew up with Star Wars and it will always be part of me. It's the whole Star Wars feeling, in a galaxy far far away. So what if the acting is not perfect. And Hayden did a good job at ROTS and I really like the movie. Can't wait for the DVD. smile
Perfectly said, ben stick out tongue
I totally agree with u.
I totally think the same way about the PT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.