Bono With Bush

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soleran30
Wow I thought this was very interesting with Bono from U2 actually taking sides with President Bush and saying some interesting things from the war to the poor!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051020/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_bono

jaden101

soleran30

Capt_Fantastic

botankus
See, it doesn't matter whose "side" they are on...celebrities need to stick to the thing they do best: Calling their agents to make sure the cash flow is still going strong.

Spelljammer

soleran30
Well anyway regardless of individuals here and their perspective on celebrities and politics I thought it was interesting that Bono even supported Bush........thats all

jaden101
Originally posted by soleran30
Well anyway regardless of individuals here and their perspective on celebrities and politics I thought it was interesting that Bono even supported Bush........thats all

it does show one thing about bono...that he isn't guilty of being against Bush just for the sake of it...unlike many others

Spelljammer
Yeah, but Bono's a nice guy, he'll try to see Bush'es point, tell his opinion, and try his best not be an A-hole.. He was even polite to Bill O' Reilly, which SpellJammer appreciated. Not enough people give thier respects to The Lord Almighty.. yes

WindDancer
So now Bono goes to talk to Bush and he gets painted with the same Brush as Bush supporter???. I swear the Bush haters really need to stop been so hateful of anyone who talks to Bush. Bono, unlike that Kanye West tries to talk and discuss the issues rather than point fingers and blame everything on a person. The man has been involved in countless campaigns and causes to help the world. Now he's getting label as an attention whore for approaching The president of the United States. Give me a break.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by WindDancer
So now Bono goes to talk to Bush and he gets painted with the same Brush as Bush supporter???. I swear the Bush haters really need to stop been so hateful of anyone who talks to Bush. Bono, unlike that Kanye West tries to talk and discuss the issues rather than point fingers and blame everything on a person. The man has been involved in countless campaigns and causes to help the world. Now he's getting label as an attention whore for approaching The president of the United States. Give me a break.
The left is nothing but hatemongerers and dumbasses, you know this. They don't even support eachother.

They called Howard Dean a raving lunatic, and he was thier best chance at getting Bush out of office..
They treat Michal Moore like a disease. And he actually believes the bullshit they feed us!
Ralph Nader is bassicaly Deano from 50 years in the future where the terminator has been sent back to assinate SpellJammer..
And Al Sharpton, well.. he's got his own problems.. lol!

Princess Diana

Spelljammer
WhirlySplatt, you are so going to get flammed for this. XD

That's okay, SpellJammer is secretly the Dalai Lama! PWN3D *****!

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Spelljammer
WhirlySplatt, you are so going to get flammed for this. XD

That's okay, SpellJammer is secretly the Dalai Lama! PWN3D *****!

I am not Whilrysplatt, I am Princess Diana, hello Mr Lama - I think you are great animals, a bit like camels but more intelligent. I was the princess of Whales. They are really cute animals especially the way they jump though hoops and blow water out the top of their heads. smile

botankus
Originally posted by Princess Diana
I say feed the poor cake smile that will help them its healthier than McDonalds smile

I did a lot for the poor when I was alive

Okay, Now I've seen it all. hysterical

soleran30
15 billion dollars to help Africa with Aids thats HUGE! I would like to have a bank account with some of that cheddar......
15,000,000,000.00 phew isn't that like Bill Gates bank account

Alpha Centauri
Bono, he sure does try.

Trying doesn't mean succeeding. Personally I think the man is all talk and a complete mug. If he wanted to help he'd share the wealth, simple as.

-AC

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bono, he sure does try.

Trying doesn't mean succeeding. Personally I think the man is all talk and a complete mug. If he wanted to help he'd share the wealth, simple as.

-AC
He does share his wealth. He donated 15,000,000 dollars to Africa.

Why not aim your hate at celebreties who don't do shit and spew nothing but lude and debautchery throughout thier careers?

Ohwait, that's chicken soup for the liberal soul (or lack thereoff..) SpellJammer forgot..

Alpha Centauri

Why not aim your hate at celebreties who don't do shit and spew nothing but lude and debautchery throughout thier careers?

Ohwait, that's chicken soup for the liberal soul (or lack thereoff..) SpellJammer forgot..

If you're gonna try and form some kind of intelligent post, I advise you not to follow it with "Liberal..." whatever. It just invalidates your words.

Secondly, I hate most celebrities. Bunch of useless nobodies.

Live 8 was useless. A "Let's pat each other on the back for being self-righteous and not doing anything" gig. What did it change? Their record sales are boosted, Africa is still down in it.

Bono, Geldof etc, they could change Africa with their money. The fact that they don't just proves my point.

-AC

soleran30
Bono, he sure does try.

-AC

Just because you are wealthy doesn't mean you shouldn't find someone who has more then you to contribute rather then your own money. I would be willing to bet alot of these rich people do donate money to the things that "move" them. Anway it doesn't matter its a big thing for AIDS help and Africa.

Spelljammer
Money can't solve some problems, people in Africa will always be starving. But his heart in in the right place..

Princess Diana
Money can't solve some problems, people in Africa will always be starving. But his heart in in the right place..

I found Dodi's dads money solved many of my problems smile

Alpha Centauri

Spelljammer
*Troll sounds*
Already picking a fight with another member AC, AC, AC.. what are we going to do with you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

soleran30

Alpha Centauri
Well my point was, how can you continually ask for change and actively accept the role of fighting for these people from your huge mansion, without using your own cash? If all those Live 8 organisers (Bono, Geldof, Madonna etc) banded together, they could do major things. Haven't though.

Spelljammer, get off me. Serious. Why call me a troll when I actually have evidence of you trying to get people against me? Let's stop this. It must be embarassing for you.

-AC

soleran30
Well my point was, how can you continually ask for change and actively accept the role of fighting for these people from your huge mansion, without using your own cash? If all those Live 8 organisers (Bono, Geldof, Madonna etc) banded together, they could do major things. Haven't though.

Spelljammer, get off me. Serious. Why call me a troll when I actually have evidence of you trying to get people against me? Let's stop this. It must be embarassing for you.

-AC

I have a hard time asking the wealthy to step down and donate what they have.....that said I understand what you are saying and to a certain extent agree however that money has "pull" if you will and there is no way Bono has 15 billion sitting there but being the figure he is with some capital now he is a resource for people who need more simply because the wealthy need himsmile

Spelljammer
SpellJammer is not getting anybody against you, you do that well enough on your own.

Infact SpellJammer kindof agrees with you. Celebreties don't do enough. But that's as a whole, not individualy. Bono is a great motivational speaker, he does charities, and is an overall good person. Like John Travolta, and the like.

They can't be heald responsible for lunatics like Mel Gibson who waste thier money..
Psychos like Tom Cruise who try to instill a radical opinion into every mind..
Or sonsabitches like Brittny Spears who just don't care. Not even about thier own personal dignity..

Hollywood as a whole is very disgusting and ill willed. It's a loud expression of our society.

And instead of bashing everything, you should try in your own way to be more like those who are immune to that corruption.. Everyone helps the Earth differantly, that doesn't make you useless..

soleran30
SpellJammer is not getting anybody against you, you do that well enough on your own.

Infact SpellJammer kindof agrees with you. Celebreties don't do enough. But that's as a whole, not individualy. Bono is a great motivational speaker, he does charities, and is an overall good person. Like John Travolta, and the like.

They can't be heald responsible for lunatics like Mel Gibson who waste thier money..
Or sonsabitches like Brittny Spears who just don't care. Not even about thier own personal dignity..

Hollywood as a whole is very disgusting and ill willed. It's a loud expression of our society.

And instead of bashing everything, you should try in your own way to be more like those who are immune to that corruption.. Everyone helps the Earth differantly, that doesn't make you useless..

DAMN Spelljammer well said.....

Princess Diana
But Celebs are our future - the good people of big brother how wonderful and knowledgeable they are imo.

Alpha Centauri
I have a hard time asking the wealthy to step down and donate what they have.....that said I understand what you are saying and to a certain extent agree however that money has "pull" if you will and there is no way Bono has 15 billion sitting there but being the figure he is with some capital now he is a resource for people who need more simply because the wealthy need himsmile

Well I'm not saying they have to give their money away. I'm saying if they put themselves in the situation of being this spokesman/woman, they should chip in significantly and they do not.

The legendary PVS pm. I'll say no more.

I can stand up and talk my legs off, it's not gonna change anything. Motivinating everyone else to pay up is fine and dandy, I wanna see him do some.

How can you say he's a good person? You don't know anything besides the image he portrays on TV. For someone as anti-sheep as you (allegedly) I find this ironic.

Waste? He spends it on things he believes in which is more than I can say for Geldof and Co.

Yes but why is this relevant?

If I wanna help someone or a cause, I do. As much as I realistically can.

Bono doesn't.

-AC

Princess Diana
Well I'm not saying they have to give their money away. I'm saying if they put themselves in the situation of being this spokesman/woman, they should chip in significantly and they do not.

The legendary PVS pm. I'll say no more.

I can stand up and talk my legs off, it's not gonna change anything. Motivinating everyone else to pay up is fine and dandy, I wanna see him do some.

How can you say he's a good person? You don't know anything besides the image he portrays on TV. For someone as anti-sheep as you (allegedly) I find this ironic.

Waste? He spends it on things he believes in which is more than I can say for Geldof and Co.

Yes but why is this relevant?

If I wanna help someone or a cause, I do. As much as I realistically can.

Bono doesn't.

-AC

But what about big brother, celebs do lots of good!

-diana

Alpha Centauri
That had to be sarcasm.

-AC

soleran30

Yup and I wish I had some info on that except I am not digging for all that info.... I believe that most of these celebs do contribute of course I could be wrong however no one leads anyone to a battle without putting in their "dues."

Lana

You didn't read the article, at least not carefully.

Bush and the US donated $15 billion, NOT Bono.

Princess Diana
"My names Matt Damon"

Team America World Police

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Lana
Bush and the US donated $15 billion, NOT Bono.
But Bono has donated before.. Plenty of times..

Spelljammer
"My names Matt Damon"

Team America World Police
lol, Matt Dammon would only say his name like Timmy, AC's more like him then anybody. XD

That movie kicked ass..

Lana
Yes, so? He goes on about how he cares about all these things yet what he's donated is a drop in the bucket compared to how much he has.

Princess Diana
Yes, so? He goes on about how he cares about all these things yet what he's donated is a drop in the bucket compared to how much he has.

best not to know to much about celebs unless they really were saints like me smile

Spelljammer
And here we have the Gerene Girrafolo of KMC's Team America.. laughing

Lana
And here we have the Gerene Girrafolo of KMC's Team America.. laughing

You know, one more post like this and I'm reporting you for bashing.

Which is what got you banned before.

Quit the shit, now.

Princess Diana

Quit the shit, now.

I don't think spell is bashing Lana, his just playing

Spelljammer

Quit the shit, now.
No, SpellJammer got banned for being a general nusciance. He use to purposely seekout to piss people off. He can't help it people spring up with moronic posts..

Who are you to be threatning anybody? If anybody's posts seem hostile, it's your's. You think just cause you've got a **** SpellJammer won't report you, or alternatively, put a spell on you. That's a grave mistake one can't afford to make..

So how about you just layoff of SpellJammer before he decides to do something you'll live to regret hmm?

Back ontopic, It's nice to know Bush has good taste in music listining to U2. Infact..

Ozzy..
U2..
Bush is a hardcore rocker! \m/ evil face \m/

Lana
No, SpellJammer got banned for being a general nusciance. He use to purposely seekout to piss people off. He can't help it people spring up with moronic posts..

Who are you to be threatning anybody? If anybody's posts seem hostile, it's your's. You think just cause you've got a **** SpellJammer won't report you, or alternatively, put a spell on you. That's a grave mistake one can't afford to make..

So how about you just layoff of SpellJammer before he decides to do something you'll live to regret hmm?

Back ontopic, It's nice to know Bush has good taste in music listining to U2. Infact..

Ozzy..
U2..

Oooooh, I'm so damn scared of a spell.

Get over yourself. I'm not scared of you, and I'm not scared of being reported, as YOU have a history of causing trouble and I don't. I highly doubt I'd regret anything, sorry to inform you.

U2's not good music, btw. Bland and incredibly overrated.

Alpha Centauri

You do this to me (I have PM proof) and I haven't reported you because you seem to enjoy it here and I don't wanna get anybody banned. So unless you do cut the crap, I'll report you also.

Magick up yourself some genitals or some intelligence. You're the one trolling people, you're the one being a general nuisance. Lana is a poster who a lot more people value than you so if either of you are gonna get banned, it's you.

Ozzy..
U2..

U2 are shit and Ozzy hasn't been good since Sabbath.

-AC

Princess Diana
This is all getting a bit silly with all these threats to each other people.

Wheres the love.

-Diana

Alpha Centauri
Yeah this thread sure did CRASH.

Seriously though, Spelljammer shows up and causes trouble but ironically it's his little crew of reprobates that back him up.

-AC

Princess Diana
Yeah this thread sure did CRASH.

Seriously though, Spelljammer shows up and causes trouble but ironically it's his little crew of reprobates that back him up.

-AC

confused

-Diana

Wheres the love

Alpha Centauri
Ok ok, let's just CARry on.

(No one? Zooom)

-AC

Princess Diana
Ok ok, let's just CARry on.

(No one? Zooom)

-AC

confused Whoosh? duck - Quack Quack?

-Diana

Spelljammer
This is all getting a bit silly with all these threats to each other people.

Wheres the love.

-Diana
SpellJammer's been in a bad mood sense Coldfire left. laughing

As for the other's, well, they're liberal, they don't know any better.. wink

And really this topic doesn't have a major function, without much base, it's just loose terrain begging to be used for a flame war.

You know, for liberals being so anti-war, they sure like to be involved in it when it comes to the internet variety.. messed

soleran30
Oh man so much animosity.......perhaps this thread could be used for a flame war but more importantly it was just some intersting news with people that are in the "public" I

Princess Diana
Oh man so much animosity.......perhaps this thread could be used for a flame war but more importantly it was just some intersting news with people that are in the "public" I

agreed

-Diana

Lord Shadow Z
Bono may very well care about the plight of millions of starving people in the poorest countries in the world but standing on a stage and singing their songs, dining expensively with murderers Bush and Blair (gaining huge amounts of publicity for himself) is not the way.
Becoming politicians however would be a better solution where they could directly influence world decisions but thats not very rock and roll is it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.