Be a comics writer - Superman or Spiderman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
You get the opportunity to write a comic, and have to choose between these two icons. Which one, and what general change or direction would you take them in?

8bitChris
Spiderman.

I'd kill off MJ and make him crazy.

I wouldn't know what to do with Superman.

Scoobless
with Superman you have to come up with ludicrously powerful bad guys if you really want to challenge him.... with Spidey you don't need that.... his vulnerability makes him more interesting and easier to challenge

roughrider
I would likely choose Spiderman too, though I don't have a different direction for him in mind.
If it was Superman, I would seperate him from Lois, and start him operating out of Washington D.C. He takes a more central role in world affairs and cosmic threats; D.C. has more crime anyway, so he can do something there, with quick trips to Metropolis for nostalgia. More brainstorming time at his fortress, and maybe he does column pieces for The Washington Post.

willRules
I chose Spidey because he has a more interesting life IMO.

He has his vulnerability despite his powers which means, like already said, you don't have to make uber-powerful bad guys. He is funnier. A more interesting read and better dialogue generally. Even when it isn't a fight scene he is still interesting.

No offence to those who make superman (cos Jim lee's art is amazing!!) but he is too overpowered to be interesting IMO. But obviously because it's just my opinion, i bet someone will have a go at my criticism now.....lol...........

The True Fear
superman. I would do a supes vs goku crossover and have supes win and cause the suicide of countless fanboys.

Mindship
Superman, stressing how he perceives himself, his responsibilities, his place in the Great Scheme of Things; and how everyone else would realistically perceive him: certainly the government would see him as a potential threat to national security and take steps to counteract him, if necessary (which is one of the things I always liked about Spiderman: that he is not always seen as a hero, or the authorities are out to get him).

The Ion
Originally posted by Mindship
Superman, stressing how he perceives himself, his responsibilities, his place in the Great Scheme of Things; and how everyone else would realistically perceive him: certainly the government would see him as a potential threat to national security and take steps to counteract him, if necessary (which is one of the things I always liked about Spiderman: that he is not always seen as a hero, or the authorities are out to get him). yes

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mindship
Superman, stressing how he perceives himself, his responsibilities, his place in the Great Scheme of Things; and how everyone else would realistically perceive him: certainly the government would see him as a potential threat to national security and take steps to counteract him, if necessary (which is one of the things I always liked about Spiderman: that he is not always seen as a hero, or the authorities are out to get him).

yeah..... but it's been done quite a lot... and it becomes more a book about the people's perception of him than Superman himself

it's good for the occasional story more than a title's whole basis

golem370
Spiderman I would have him go to ether Thanos or Galactus and have Spider-Man ask them to advance his powers and give him cosmic powers so he could go to DC and kick Sups in the nades lol

EsteemedLeader
I'd take Supes and severely power him down to sane levels.

ScarletSpider
Either. I'd be more interested in doing Spider-Man, because I'm a bigger Marvel fan, and would love to muck around with that part of Marvel, finish up and retouch on stories that I think need to be addressed, and doing a tour of the NY superhero scene.

Superman would be interesting though. A true challenge to make an original, memorable story about Superman. I think I'd go with my Exiled from Metropolis story.

golem370
Ok Supermans story Darkseid captures Superman and when WonderWoman,Manhunter,Green Lantern,Flash, and Batman Darkseids ready and as soon as they get to Apolypos He knock out Manhunter and Green Lantern then he kills Flash and Batman He grabs WonderWoman and takes her to his Palace and he binds her hands. While Supermans watching Darkseid starts torching her and Superman starts getting uber pissed and breaks his restraints then after along long Battle he has Darkseid on his knee and Darkseid begs for mercy but Supermans is to angry and breaks Darkseids neck. He walks over to Dianne and sets her free. The next day after she had rested he kneels at her side and says Dianne I did not how powerful my feelings were for you till I almost lost you so I have a Question and he holds out a Ring and asks her to marry him. She looks at him and says yes. But then she grabs his testicles and says just kidding.

The End

Spideys Sister
Spidey rocks. whats Sups angle? what's his purpose? Spidey has problems so he's easier to write about.

roughrider
Originally posted by golem370
Ok Supermans story Darkseid captures Superman and when WonderWoman,Manhunter,Green Lantern,Flash, and Batman Darkseids ready and as soon as they get to Apolypos He knock out Manhunter and Green Lantern then he kills Flash and Batman He grabs WonderWoman and takes her to his Palace and he binds her hands. While Supermans watching Darkseid starts torching her and Superman starts getting uber pissed and breaks his restraints then after along long Battle he has Darkseid on his knee and Darkseid begs for mercy but Supermans is to angry and breaks Darkseids neck. He walks over to Dianne and sets her free. The next day after she had rested he kneels at her side and says Dianne I did not how powerful my feelings were for you till I almost lost you so I have a Question and he holds out a Ring and asks her to marry him. She looks at him and says yes. But then she grabs his testicles and says just kidding.

The End
Just cruel to tease the farmboy like that! laughing

Draco69
I would be hesitant to write Spider-Man because his continuity unfortunately has been skewed. Too many damn Goblins.

I have several ideas for Supes though.

I'd do either.

ScarletSpider
Everyone does a Goblin story. If I did a Goblin story, Wanda would go crazy, re-create the world, then re-create it again "No more Goblins!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.