Michael Keaton as the Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1054368.php/Michael_Keaton_to_play_Joker

Just a rumor now, but do you guys think its a good idea?

Hegemon875
Actually yeah I do think he would be a great joker.

Doc Ock
I simply cannot wait til Mr Parker and Bakerboy see this stick out tongue big grin

NoFate007
Its funny what stuff websites will post.

Next week: "Will Harlan Williams play Bane?! Casting rumors state Richard Simmons for Firefly!!"

Arahan
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Michael Keaton is Batman, not JOKER!!!!!
Val Kilmer sucked, Clooney sucked triple.
Dont know how the Bale was, but Keaton is in
my opinion the best Batman. Keaton for life.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Doc Ock
I simply cannot wait til Mr Parker and Bakerboy see this stick out tongue big grin

agree with u, Ock, I do.... laughing

TMACalicious
Keaton would be 2nd on my list. You should watch Batman Begins if you haven't yet. It's awesome!! Bale does a much better job than Keaton, altho Keaton was the bomb too.

But I agree, Kilmer and Clooney sucked.

Lord Shadow Z
Keaton would actually be quite good as the joker if he borrowed from his Beetlejuice performance. Yes, it would look odd but Keaton is a versatile actor and under all that make-up who knows?

TheKahn
remeber that Keaton was a comedic actor before he was cast as batman, so I think he could do a good job

Hegemon875
Anyone who's seen more of his movies than just batman really shouldnt find it that weird for him to play the joker. I'd love to see him play the part.

wuTa
well since reynolds in is gonna be the flash, you can exclude him

Susan-Storm
Christen Bale -Batman

Michael Keaton -Joker ?

That Guy was in the Oringinal 1

He could not even move his neck practiclly the whole film!

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Susan-Storm
Christen Bale -Batman

Michael Keaton -Joker ?

That Guy was in the Oringinal 1

He could not even move his neck practiclly the whole film!

why is that a spoiler blink but yeah thats true lol of course it was no fault of his own it was the costume.

Silverstein
the new suit's cowl is still stiff, still cant turn his head 90 degrees

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by TheKahn
http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1054368.php/Michael_Keaton_to_play_Joker

Just a rumor now, but do you guys think its a good idea?

huh I don't think so, but I might be wrong.

bakerboy
First of all: this rumour is totally false because nolan and goyer and warner doesnt want any actor of the previous movies to be in the new franchise.

Second: he would be a so terrible choice as he was as batman. He doesnt look anything as the joker as he didnt look anything as bruce wayne or batman.

DrDoom101
mark hamill should play the joker

Bardock42
Originally posted by bakerboy
First of all: this rumour is totally false because nolan and goyer and warner doesnt want any actor of the previous movies to be in the new franchise.

Second: he would be a so terrible choice as he was as batman. He doesnt look anything as the joker as he didnt look anything as bruce wayne or batman.

How does he not look like the Joker? Are you just an Anti-Keaton Fanboy or what'S your Problem......now Nicholson didn't look anything like the Joker and he did an outstanding job.

Anyway Keaton would probably look pretty cool as joker...but I very much doubt that he will be it.

bakerboy
For your information, im not anti- keaton. I think that he is a good actor in many comedies and dramas. His performance in clean and sorber is oscar material. But he isnt batman or the joker. Also, it would be stupid to cast some of the actors from the previous franchise in the new movies, and specially stupid to cast an actor who played batman in the joker role. It doesnt make sense. That is the problem.

Bardock42
Originally posted by bakerboy
For your information, im not anti- keaton. I think that he is a good actor in many comedies and dramas. His performance in clean and sorber is oscar material. But he isnt batman or the joker. Also, it would be stupid to cast some of the actors from the previous franchise in the new movies, and specially stupid to cast an actor who played batman in the joker role. It doesnt make sense. That is the problem.

I can see your second point..I juist think he has more similarities with Joker than Nicholson....

SpyCspider
he's skinnier than Nicholson at least.....

but when someone mentioned Beetlejuice, I could totally see it. And if he did play Joker well, I think that'd be pretty monumental. To see a guy play both the hero and archvillain well would be pretty amazing.

Silverstein
that wouldnt be amazing. Considering I have only seen him in movies and roles similar to his bruce wayne of batman...he' just too calm and cool...(jack frost)

was he beetle juice?

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Silverstein

was he beetle juice?

Definitely

SpyCspider
well tha'ts why IMO it would be amazing to play characters totally at the opposite ends of a spectrum...and actually pull it off

crimsonphoenix
I think that would be awesome if Keaton would be joker...
Keaton was my fave Batman untill Christian Bale came along......

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Arahan
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Michael Keaton is Batman, not JOKER!!!!!
Val Kilmer sucked, Clooney sucked triple.
Dont know how the Bale was, but Keaton is in
my opinion the best Batman. Keaton for life.

the ONLY thing correct in this post is that CLOONEY sucked triple.Kilmer didnt suck,he just had lousy lines.Keaton would be a much better joker than he ever was as batman.He sucked big time as batman. laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by TMACalicious
Keaton would be 2nd on my list. You should watch Batman Begins if you haven't yet. It's awesome!! Bale does a much better job than Keaton, altho Keaton was the bomb too.

But I agree, Kilmer and Clooney sucked.

Keaton was only the bomb because he bombed as Batman.He was the worst casting choice in comicbook history.He was so physically wrong for the role.Keaton sucked worse than Kilmer ever did.

peejay88
This is completely off topic but i didnt think the following comment required its own thread. I heard that the little kid who batman gives the nightvision scope to and who gets saved from the arkham inmates along with Rachel in batman begins is going to be Robin in future movies. I think its complete B******s. But what was the relevance of that one same kid showing up and having speaking parts and faith in batman? LOL

Silverstein
Originally posted by peejay88
This is completely off topic but i didnt think the following comment required its own thread. I heard that the little kid who batman gives the nightvision scope to and who gets saved from the arkham inmates along with Rachel in batman begins is going to be Robin in future movies. I think its complete B******s. But what was the relevance of that one same kid showing up and having speaking parts and faith in batman? LOL

it is bullshite...the kid is like what 7yrs old. The relevance of the kid showing up and having faith in batman is because kids look up to people...heroes...there will always be corny segments of super hero films where a kid will show up and say something about their hero...

Silverstein
keaton as the joker? you know how these stupid rumors start? some unbelievably open minded MOD looks through the forum for rumours, from plausible to downright stupid

sevenman
Good idea!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.