Creature from the Black Lagoon Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11633

What does everyone think about this?

stunna1773
another classic ruined

MildPossession
Pointless yet again. Breck Eisner is apparently on to direct it.

stunna1773
Originally posted by MildPossession
Pointless yet again. Breck Eisner is apparently on to direct it.
exactly

tabby999
bet there'll be teens running around the malls talking about how they think its the most original movie since Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Wolfie
Originally posted by tabby999
bet there'll be teens running around the malls talking about how they think its the most original movie since Texas Chainsaw Massacre
That's always fun to hear. I remember my friend thinking that Bram Stoker's Dracula was the first Dracula movie.

stunna1773
thats sad

BaronOBeefDip
What? Now they're remaking films from the 1950s? When will the insanity end?

b-dan
it was bound to happen i hope the creature dosent look like a mutated duck francly i dont really care as long as they dont go ruin the fly

b-dan
Originally posted by BaronOBeefDip
What? Now they're remaking films from the 1950s? When will the insanity end? thevy been doing it since the 80s they remade the fly the movie u threw up wiel watching it

Wolfie
It's nothing new. There have been several Dracula and Frankenstein remakes. We have those Brendan Fraser Mummy remakes.

tpaquin
Originally posted by Wolfie
It's nothing new. There have been several Dracula and Frankenstein remakes. We have those Brendan Fraser Mummy remakes.

The mummy remake waas tolerable, because the original had zero integrity as a movie, but the 1990 dracula sucks so much ass...as does Rober DeNiro's frankenstein.

b-dan
if your talking about the dracula that has Gary Oldman I would have to disagree with you i love that movie the bad draculas are the wes craven ones and the ones with Christopher Lee in them

Wolfie
I enjoyed Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I didn't like the recent Mummy movies though.

b-dan
ya were thos supposed to be scary??

jayy
I really hope this movie does not get made.

It will end up looking like Swamp Thing!!

laughing

IRTMU-Dragon
Whats wrong with swamp thing?

BaronOBeefDip
I just hope it never gets to the point where we make remakes of remakes. That is...unless we already are making remakes of remakes.

Movie_Geek_
They are remaking almost everything now. Hollywood must be getting desperate for *original* ideas for new movies, if all they are doing is remaking things now.

Solo
Breck Eisner is lame. Sahara was horrible. But, the only way this could work is if Peter Jackson directed it. Or someone in his league.

jayy
Originally posted by IRTMU-Dragon
Whats wrong with swamp thing?

Because both Swamp Thing movies were horrible!!

wink

BaronOBeefDip
What's wrong with some campy/corny movie fun every once and a while?

jayy
Originally posted by BaronOBeefDip
What's wrong with some campy/corny movie fun every once and a while?

Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

The ONLY campy/corny movie worth a damn.

wink

EsteemedLeader
Swamp Thing is awesome.

And so is Marie Shelley's Frankenstein.

And so was Frankenstein versus the Wolfman. That's what they should remake.

Impediment
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994) was ANYTHING but campy. It was the most sincere adaptation of her novel to date, IMO. Although I, myself, would have cast a more menacing actor to portray Frankenstein's Monster other than DeNiro.

Wolfie
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
And so was Frankenstein versus the Wolfman. That's what they should remake.
They should make a remake of The Wolf Man first. Why is it the only one of the Universal classic monster movies that Hollywood keeps their hands off of remake-wise?

Originally posted by Impediment
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994) was ANYTHING but campy. It was the most sincere adaptation of her novel to date, IMO. Although I, myself, would have cast a more menacing actor to portray Frankenstein's Monster other than DeNiro.
De Niro had heart though, and I liked that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.