Jason Statham should have been Bond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess Diana
Jason Statham might be the greatest British actor of the 21st century with his fantastic accents that make you believe he is not English confused He should have been Bond no one handles action like him imo.

The True Fear
moved to bond forum

Mandorallen
lol, yup, there is a whole forum for this.

cameron666
He should have been cast for the video game daptation, Hitman also.

Clovie
Originally posted by The True Fear
moved to bond forum you're not a mod blink

anyway..
He wasn't even considered as aBond (as far as I know) and for me wouldn't fit..
but for sure he would seem better than Craig messed

roughrider
Well...he's still young. There were looking seriously at Pierce Brosnon in 1986, before going with Timothy Dalton. Then when the francise went into hibernation, they came back to Brosnon! Things don't work out with Craig, maybe Statham becomes the front runner!

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Clovie
you're not a mod blink

anyway..
He wasn't even considered as aBond (as far as I know) and for me wouldn't fit..
but for sure he would seem better than Craig messed

he was considered I believe, I know he wanted the role

Clovie
Originally posted by roughrider
Well...he's still young. There were looking seriously at Pierce Brosnon in 1986, before going with Timothy Dalton. Then when the francise went into hibernation, they came back to Brosnon! Things don't work out with Craig, maybe Statham becomes the front runner! you never know...

Originally posted by Princess Diana
he was considered I believe, I know he wanted the role I know quite a few people who did wanted the role roll eyes (sarcastic)

Susan-Storm
Ioan Gruffudd would make a good Bonds. Any One Would make a good bonds beside the 1 they did pick

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Susan-Storm
Ioan Gruffudd would make a good Bonds. Any One Would make a good bonds beside the 1 they did pick

Craig is a good actor he is excellent in Layer cake - but he is no Bond

Clovie
Ioan Gruffudd would make a good Bonds. Any One Would make a good bonds beside the 1 they did pick it is getting kinda boring...
that ion guy is not so handome at all..and I'm unable to even spell his last name confused

Susan-Storm
Why i Autta and it is Spelled Ioan not Ion !!! EVIL mad

He is Cute no Matter wat u say.. i will neva be silent

Clovie
seems I'm not even able to spell his first name, sowwie.

I don't like the way he looks like.. actually Craig looks better than him. (netherless that he shouldn't be Bond)

Pandemoniac
Statham ain't no next Bond, but he sure as hell should have been the main char in xxx2! He might not have the charm, but he does has the attitude to be a lead 'goody' badass.

Susan-Storm
seems I'm not even able to spell his first name, sowwie.

I don't like the way he looks like.. actually Craig looks better than him. (netherless that he shouldn't be Bond)
So does not !!!!!! I Never say anything bad about u do i

Clovie
So does not !!!!!! I Never say anything bad about u do i excuse me.
I'm not saying anything bad about YOU. All I say is that I don't agree with your point of view, and I'm terribly sorry if you took it personally.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Statham ain't no next Bond, but he sure as hell should have been the main char in xxx2! He might not have the charm, but he does has the attitude to be a lead 'goody' badass.

I think he has plenty of charm. In Transporter for example.

yerssot
they should have stayed with Brosnan

silver_tears
agreed

yerssot
damn straight tuts, damn straight cool

silver_tears
great minds and all that smokin'

yerssot
they are not present in the broccoli family?

silver_tears
apparently not no

yerssot
I am thinking that Barbara is mostly thinking with something else ...

Clovie
Originally posted by yerssot
I am thinking that Barbara is mostly thinking with something else ... what? eek!

yerssot
her southern part

TheFilmProphet
I know quite a few people who did wanted the role roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ironically, those which they considered or wanted to play the role, didn't want to.

Clovie
her southern part feet? blink

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Ironically, those which they considered or wanted to play the role, didn't want to. like whom? confused

TheFilmProphet
like whom? confused

Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, among others.

Susan-Storm
Jason Statham Looks akward sick he would so not make a good bonds..Thats what i think

Clovie
Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, among others. I wouldn't like any of them as Bond confused

yerssot
Up to my knowledge, they were never even considered TFP... actually in a recent interview, Campbell said they never even talked to Jackman messed

Clovie
what is tpf? huh

yerssot
TheFilmProphet

TheFilmProphet
Up to my knowledge, they were never even considered TFP... actually in a recent interview, Campbell said they never even talked to Jackman messed

The reports of Jackman turning down the 007 role is old news but below are some links. They wanted him, but he was already wrapped up with X3 and the Wolverine spin-off. Now we have Craig...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=3402
http://www.filmfanzine.com/?page_id=story&art_id=451
http://www.insomniacmania.com/news_default.php?id=2639
http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1502408.html?menu=entertainment.films
http://www.moviehole.net/news/6110.html
http://www.cinema.com/news/item/7567/jackman-turns-down-007-chance.phtml
http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1041396.php
Etc.

what is tpf? huh

Me, and its TFP actually.

yerssot
but you forget one newsitem, which of course when push comes to shove, I can't find. But it's Mi6.
The part where Jackman admits he faked the entire deal and that there never was contact with him and the Broccolis

TheFilmProphet
but you forget one newsitem, which of course when push comes to shove, I can't find. But it's Mi6.
The part where Jackman admits he faked the entire deal and that there never was contact with him and the Broccolis

I think your referring to (early) last year when he said the hype or rumor was created by him? Those are two different things....

What I'm talking about happened two months ago where he turned down the role according to reports.

Clovie
TheFilmProphet oh..right bag

Me, and its TFP actually. sorry.

yerssot
I think your referring to (early) last year when he said the hype or rumor was created by him? Those are two different things....

What I'm talking about happened two months ago where he turned down the role according to reports.
from what I read, his friends said he did, he never commented on that

TheFilmProphet
sorry.

No problem,

from what I read, his friends said he did, he never commented on that

Either way, thats besides the point. I was just correcting your earlier statement on him not being considered since apparently he was actually offered the role but turned it down.

yerssot
ah but you made one mistake TFP... his tremendous ego:

on NOT being approached, his publicist:
http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=1152 :
"Hugh has never officially been approached to play the role of James Bond", he said, clearing up the latest tabloid talk and Jackmania hype.

on starting the 'Bond rumour':
http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=1299 :
"I started the rumor, I mean, who wouldn`t want to play James Bond?"

And yes, I believe a website as mi6 has more value than a regular movie-based website for the simple reason that Mi6 does nothing but focus on Bond news.

TheFilmProphet

TheFilmProphet
And yes, I believe a website as mi6 has more value than a regular movie-based website for the simple reason that Mi6 does nothing but focus on Bond news.

Also the original source of the reports was not a movie-based website, it was newspaper, 'The Melbourne Age'.

Susan-Storm
I Am telling you Ioan Gruffudd would make a better Bonds

Clovie
I Am telling you Ioan Gruffudd would make a better Bonds but won't.

DarthLazious
What movies has he been in?

Clovie
Statham?
snatch, transporter, lock, stock and two smoking barels (?) and few more

and if you're asking about that ioan person i have no pale idea.

Susan-Storm

Clovie
I have own rock? how nice happy

silver_tears
let's play nice, yerss and TFP are actually contributing to the conversation at least

yerssot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.