thing vs thor vs gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverine8888
this is now powers. it is how they would be if they were normal humans. so thor would just be a musculer human. I going with thing here for a very good reason which ill state after a few people post. also it H2H

The True Fear
Gambit is a street fighter who is really fast anyways he takes it

wolverine8888
thing was in the air force,street fighter, boxer, restler but that not the reason he wins this

The True Fear
y then?

wolverine8888
thin in human form long befor he ever became thing served with wolverine in some war can not rember what it was any ways thing lift so much all the time that he was peak human strength even higher then captian america I believe. he also ahd very strong durability for a human

soleran30
Originally posted by wolverine8888
thin in human form long befor he ever became thing served with wolverine in some war can not rember what it was any ways thing lift so much all the time that he was peak human strength even higher then captian america I believe. he also ahd very strong durability for a human

No way let me tell you no man at typical weight (185 even to 225) in real life can military press 850 lbs so Ben is sqashed.

wolverine8888
dude im telling u ben is peak human strength in human form it was stated in the comic that he reach peak human from just lifting.

The Ion
Originally posted by soleran30
No way let me tell you no man at typical weight (185 even to 225) in real life can military press 850 lbs so Ben is sqashed.
That's very true but comics are full of 200lb "normal" men deadlifting half a ton. In real life, peak human would be considered the ability to lift twice one's body weight.

Fanboy
Well this is how I see it goes Gambit tries his stupid cards and crap Thor spins his Hammer and deflects them easily with it and then knocks him out with one hit. I have seen Thing fight Thor and I gotta say it was some badly written crap when Thor has so much more strenght more then The Thing and can beat him down until he is dead. Not only that Thor has been training thousands of years to earn his Hammer so he is a way better fighter then both of them and can Beat The Thing and Gambit with out a problem. Thor wins.

Fanboy
Thor is at least 2,000 years old. He is the son of the Skyfather of the Asgardians, Odin, and an Elder Goddess, Gaea, though she is known to Odin and Thor as Jord. Because he is a union of Asgard and Earth, he has powers far beyond the natural abilities of other Asgardians.

When Thor was eight, he was sent by his father to Nidavellir, the land of the dwarves, so that he could have a special weapon forged. This weapon was Mjolnir, which would one day become Thor's, but only after he had performed a number of good deeds. It was during the next ten years that Thor would strive to become worthy of the hammer, often foiling the plots of his foster-brother, Loki. Thor considers this one of the happiest periods of his life.

When Thor was eighteen, Thor finally earned the right to wield Mjolnir, when the young goddess Sif was captured by Storm Giants. Thor grabbed Mjolnir and rushed to the Storm Giants' fortress. There he learned that the Storm Giant King had given Sif to Hela, in return for immortality. Thor rushed to rescue Sif, and volunteered to give up his own life for Sif's. Hela was so impressed by his selflessness, that she chose to release Thor and Sif.

Thor quickly rose in rank in Odin's army, and came to lead thousands of warriors. His prowess in battle led him to become overconfident and arrogant.

During the age of Vikings, Thor was placed in mortal form by Odin, where he Thor was known as Siegmund, and later Siegfreid. The legends of these heroes from Norse mythology were in fact based on Thor's exploits.

Thor actively sought the worship of the Vikings, until he learned of the atrocities some of his more fanatical followers committed in his name. It was then that Thor allowed the worship of his race to die out.

In recent times, Odin learned that if Thor was not kept safe from harm for several years he would die. This would cause Ragnarok, the end of the world, to have a worse outcome than had been foretold, and no new race of gods would rise from the ashes.

Odin chose to place Thor in the mortal form of Dr. Donald Blake, so that he would be safe, and he would also learn some measure of humility. This strategem was successful, but has caused Thor to become very attached to Earth, because of the love he developed for Jane Foster during this time. Odin disapproved of this, and erased Foster's memories. Thor eventually dropped the Blake identity.

Next Thor took on the identity of Sigurd Jarlson, but this identity was short lived.

Thor was later merged with the mortal Eric Masterson, to save Masterson's life. When Thor was banished for killing Loki, Masterson took over the heroic identity of Thor.

After a short time in banishment, and living merely as Thor, with no mortal identity, Thor was merged with the dead mortal Jake Olson, by Marnot, the third raven of Odin, given human form.

Scoobless
did you even read the conditions of the fight? why would Gambit throw cards if he doesn't have any powers?

StyleTime
Does Gambit get to use his staff? If so then he takes this.

This battle is pretty random though. Out of curiosity, why did you think of these guys?

Wynndar
Gambit's head would explode from Thing and Thor's shockwaves.

Hit_and_Miss
its another gambit bash thread by wolverine8888... all cause gambit beats wolverine... Isn't this like the 3rd one now???

Wynndar
Oh my goodness...I just realized that is whats going on...its so weird and sick I didnt even consider it.

wolverine8888
gambit bash thread? miss read the dam post it no powers. what a moron. any ways wolverine owned gambit and still owns gambit. but besides that this is a no power fight it what they would be if only had there human. thing should win seeing how he was peak strength has a human befor in turned into the thing. gambit quite acobatic so he would be quite good as well im thinking thor the one who loses here. it H2H match also

wolverine8888
Oh my goodness...I just realized that is whats going on...its so weird and sick I didnt even consider it.

no this is a no power match I just wondering who people thinks wins if these 3 did not ahve power good god do any of u even read the thread befor u post

Scoobless
Originally posted by Wynndar
Gambit's head would explode from Thing and Thor's shockwaves.

i seriously doubt two people of human strength could do that to anyone.... go read the starter ..... and remember who wrote it so allow for the spelling and grammar mistakes

roll eyes (sarcastic)

wolverine8888
lol ya I did not use spell check lol

Wynndar
Oh....I see...no powers. Gambit would have better fighting skills than Thor...maybe better than Ben Grimm too. Even without powers, Grimm was still with the F4 goin around acting like he was john wayne.

K3VIL
Thor as a normal man, keeping his muscular build so:
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 640 lbs
Now add that he'll be practically a peak human, cause Asgardian warriors train ofted, very ofted in both hth and armed combat, he'll smack down Benji and Gambit very easy.
He's around from thousand years, his experience in hth fight and war tactics are something they could never dream of.

wolverine8888
well thats because he has peak human strength. that also why i said he win. also gambit has less fightign skill then ben grim and probly thor thou i think gmabit would beat thor due to speed.

wolverine8888
kevil his wieght would drop very much because part of his powers is him being so dense so thor would be more like 300 pounds

Wynndar
If Thor is stays the same density then so does the Thing and there goes Thor's advantage.

K3VIL
Originally posted by wolverine8888
kevil his wieght would drop very much because part of his powers is him being so dense so thor would be more like 300 pounds
Ok, still bigger than a common man, bigger, than Gambit, bigger than Benji.
You think this guys as humans are good/exceptional, but Thor without powers, is still a man who has fought wars and wars, and has showed how he can school his equals in a bare fist fight.

wolverine8888
kevil ur not hearing me benji befor he was ever thing had reached peak human strength. he may of been even stronger then captian america.

Wynndar
Last time Thing's weight was stated in a comic he was over 700lbs. Again ur using the rationale that Thor would win due to experience? So Thor without powers could also beat the likes of Black Panther, Deadpool, Shang-Chi, etc? Thor's fighting ability is good. But not like these two, its pretty obvious.

StyleTime
Uh....wolverine8888 you never answered me lol. Does Gambit get to use his staff?

wolverine8888
I did answer u I said H2H not weapons

StyleTime
I know but some people consider melee weapons h2h for some reason. My bad.

H2H it will come down to Gambit and Thing. I say Gambit will probably win but listen to me before you jump on me. I'm not saying that Gambit is better than Thing at H2H, but I think Gambit is more underhanded. Gambit will wait for Thing to run in and beat Thor. Thing will probably see Thor as the biggest threat and waste energy fighting him. Gambit will be able to take a tired out Thing or may even attack him from behind and "steal" the victory. (Gambit was raised on the streets)

I say Gambit 5-6/10. Thing 5/10. Thor 0/10. I don't think either Gambit or Thing can really get a truly definitive number of wins here though.

wolverine8888
thing is peak human strength and he was born on he streets of new york. i see him pulling out the win almsot every time thou gambit may get 3/10 with a sneak attack

K3VIL
Originally posted by Wynndar
Last time Thing's weight was stated in a comic he was over 700lbs. Again ur using the rationale that Thor would win due to experience? So Thor without powers could also beat the likes of Black Panther, Deadpool, Shang-Chi, etc? Thor's fighting ability is good. But not like these two, its pretty obvious.
You haven't read the post very well.
It's them stripped of their powers, so in human form.
So Benji is in his human form, Thor is like he is without his superpowers, same for Gambit.
Thor without powers could beat DeadPool, Shang-Chi and Black Panther?
Let me check, uhhh, he's around from thousand years, he expends time in training in hth combat since he was a child, plus addictional training with close range weapons, and you think that guys that are around from like 30-35 years possess more skill or experience than him?
You're showing you're worth of being called a fanboy.
P.S. jerkoff8888, Ben grow up in New York slums, Thor grow up fighting dragons, monsters and demons.Do the math.

Wynndar
Originally posted by K3VIL
You haven't read the post very well.
It's them stripped of their powers, so in human form.
So Benji is in his human form, Thor is like he is without his superpowers, same for Gambit.
Thor without powers could beat DeadPool, Shang-Chi and Black Panther?
Let me check, uhhh, he's around from thousand years, he expends time in training in hth combat since he was a child, plus addictional training with close range weapons, and you think that guys that are around from like 30-35 years possess more skill or experience than him?
You're showing you're worth of being called a fanboy.
P.S. jerkoff8888, Ben grow up in New York slums, Thor grow up fighting dragons, monsters and demons.Do the math.

I read the stipulations...but thanks for telling me what I did or didnt do. Isnt Thor's increased size and density a trait of his Asgardian powers? so making him human would place him closer to Donald Blake's stature. I assumed Grimm would be in human form the first time around, then when SOMEONE insisted that Thor would retain his Superhuman Asgardian density I ASSUMED Thing would be in his Thing form but without his powers, like the first time he fought Black Panther. You are using the same cracked reasoning that would make Thor a more skilled combatant than Black Panther or Deadpool. Thor HAS been fighting demons and stuff of that nature for a few thousand years, but he's always had vast superhuman abilities and never had a need to hone them to the level of Shang-Chi...Grimm however, didnt grow up with such abilities and WAS mortal...his brother actually died in the same gang that Grimm would eventually be the leader of. Thus he had a lot less room for error than the immortal god with incalculable strength and one of the most powerful mystical weapons in the universe. As a plain human Ben Grimm still fought with the F4, Thor was even on one of their missions with him when Galactus almost consumed the multiverse.

Im not trying to be a fanboy and say Grimm could beat a powerless Thor's ass. Im just saying Thor shouldnt be considered some master fighter just because of his age. I can be objective where u couldnt, and say it would be a good match. There is no reason to be so patronizing and downplay Grimm's origin he was mortal and had realistic vulnerabilities while Thor came up physically omnipotent. Wolverine8888 may be guilty of having a bias, but so do u.

wolverine8888
also ben grim when in human form has peak human strength. thats gunna be higher then thor in human form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.