DC continuity...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8bitChris
How is it going to work now..? I mean the first Crisis was made to clean up cluttered continuity and streamline the DCU more. However, it created a more complex continuity instead. Now this new Crisis is supposedly going to try and fix all the mistakes from the first Crisis.

So what's it going to look like 10 years from now?

We're going to have Pre-Crisis continuity and then Post Crisis continuity which leads to Post Crisis Pre-Crisis continuity and after Infinite Crisis is done we'll have Post Crisis Pre-Crisis Post Crisis continuity.

I can imagine the versus forum!

Post Crisis Pre-Crisis Post Crisis Flash versus Post Crisis Pre-Crisis Superman from Earth II.

See you after this current Crisis on Infinite Wallets for more fun debates smile.

OB1-adobe
I really don't know why they are doing another crisis.

The Ion
I don't know what makes you think this Crisis is about fixing continuity. That's part of it but that's not the main idea behind it. Furthermore I don't know why this is the story arc where all the Marvel guys start to care about DC's continuity.

Draco69
8bitChris, you seem to have the ENTIRE Crisis in the wrong idea. The purpose of the Crisis was to ESTABLISH continuity, not FIX it. Before the Crisis the comics had little to no continuity whatsever because the editors saw no point in it.

The purpose of THIS Crisis is just a homage the Original Crisis. Post-Crisis contunity unfortnately had no acknowledgement of the various Earthes and characters that existed in Pre-Crisis continuity. Now this Crisis is going to acknowledge (i.e. Golden Age Superman) the characters and events. Something things are going to change. But you clearly have no understanding of the Crisis if you think they're gonna revamp everything again. Especially with sales this high.

8bitChris
Originally posted by The Ion
I don't know what makes you think this Crisis is about fixing continuity. That's part of it but that's not the main idea behind it. Furthermore I don't know why this is the story arc where all the Marvel guys start to care about DC's continuity.

It was a joke manno.

But it does lead to the point that it'll be hard for for any comic company to bring in new readers with such a confusing history.

If the new readers are like me anyway. I'm one of those guys who doesn't like to jump into a story without knowing who the guys are and what is going on.

I have been researching DC chars though. (I do read DC comics, just not as much as Marvel) and I do feel that I have read enough to feel fairly comfortable with the big 7's history and the general DC timeline. Just don't ask me to remember story arcs or anything because I don't have back issues.

The Ion
It's not impossible for new readers to jump into IC. They won't get all the subtle winks towards past history but thats fan stuff anyway. For them it'll just be a fun little story. If you're worried about knowing every bit of history you'll never get into any comic.

I don't know but it seems to me that only actual comic fans get frustrated when they don't know every character on every page down to name, date, and serial number.

8bitChris
Originally posted by Draco69
8bitChris, you seem to have the ENTIRE Crisis in the wrong idea. The purpose of the Crisis was to ESTABLISH continuity, not FIX it. Before the Crisis the comics had little to no continuity whatsever because the editors saw no point in it.

The purpose of THIS Crisis is just a homage the Original Crisis. Post-Crisis contunity unfortnately had no acknowledgement of the various Earthes and characters that existed in Pre-Crisis continuity. Now this Crisis is going to acknowledge (i.e. Golden Age Superman) the characters and events. Something things are going to change. But you clearly have no understanding of the Crisis if you think they're gonna revamp everything again. Especially with sales this high.

I'm a fan of revamps though. sad

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by 8bitChris
If the new readers are like me anyway. I'm one of those guys who doesn't like to jump into a story without knowing who the guys are and what is going on.

I'm like that too. Its not really the actual events I find the most interesting, its the moments that led up to that event.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.