Why NOT to go camping in the Australian outback.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
I swear the world's most threatening animals are slowly evolving into some pain-immune, monstrous behemoths.

This is why I don't buy all this human superiority crap. Sure, as a RACE maybe. One on one we'd go down to a huge amount of animals. That electric fence would damn near kill any human, yet it was only annoying the snake.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Another pic.

-AC

BackFire
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/fencesnake.asp

debbiejo
I ate snake once.....kinda tastes like chicken......

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BackFire
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/fencesnake.asp

I was looking for a bigger story on it because it DID look a bit dubious, the mouth pic. It's real though apparantly.

Scary stuff.

-AC

botankus
Man, the way those teeth are positioned on that wire, that would suck to be him!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
More like it would bite to be him...haw-haw.

Sir Mist
Sonofabitchshock

Where did you get that it came from Australia?confused Backfire's link says it was in Africa.

Sir Mist
http://www.bushveld.co.za/pictures-python.htm

shock

Lord Nauj
Wicked cool I love it evil face

RedAlertv2
thats insane it had a full impala in its stomach

Alpha Centauri
There was a recent article from Florida where a python had swallowed an alligator.

Sadly the alligator was too big and ended up bursting through the stomach of the snake, killing it. Both animals were dead.

-AC

Lord Nauj
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
There was a recent article from Florida where a python had swallowed an alligator.

Sadly the alligator was too big and ended up bursting through the stomach of the snake, killing it. Both animals were dead.

-AC
lol thats funny

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Lord Nauj
lol thats funny

No, actually it's not.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah.

I've never personally thought the idea of a python being able to swallow me whole was ripe for comedic parody, but that's me.

-AC

Lord Nauj
Originally posted by KharmaDog
No, actually it's not.
well everyone is different when it comes to humor *snap,snap* stick out tongue

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Lord Nauj
well everyone is different when it comes to humor *snap,snap* stick out tongue

I guess "*snap,snap*stick out tongue " is also humourous.

AC, I think Nauj thought the alligator and python story was funny. I agree that humour is subject to personal preferences and attitudes.

Personally, I find someone finding humour in the painful and horific death of two animals to be both immature and slightly moronic. But hey, everyone is different when it comes to humor *snap,snap*.

Lord Nauj

AC, I think Nauj thought the alligator and python story was funny. I agree that humour is subject to personal preferences and attitudes.

Personally, I find someone finding humour in the painful and horific death of two animals to be both immature and slightly moronic. But hey, everyone is different when it comes to humor *snap,snap*.
eek2

whatever I'll do what I want *snap,snap,snap,snap*

Echuu

I think it's the WAY* they died that Nauj thought was humerous. You do have to admit it's a pretty weird way to die.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Echuu
I think it's the WAY* they died that Nauj thought was humerous. You do have to admit it's a pretty weird way to die.

Weird? Yes.

Interesting? Sure.

Funny? Maybe to a village idiot.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Sir Mist
http://www.bushveld.co.za/pictures-python.htm

shock

They kill the Python???? What a pack of IDIOTS! That Snake rulez! They've could turn it over to the local zoo or something. Morons!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by WindDancer
They kill the Python???? What a pack of IDIOTS! That Snake rulez! They've could turn it over to the local zoo or something. Morons!

Awh WD, dont get upset.

Have a coffee with me.coffee1

WindDancer
Ooohhhh!!!! lil and coffee! Life is indeed good. big grin

Ex11B
maybe because when you wake up in the morning you'll find a dingo munching on your toes laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri

Exactly.

"OH MY GOD THAT SNAKE IS TRAPPED! LET'S GET IT OUT!"

"Get a hold of yourself man! It's larger, sharper toothed and more powerful than us!"

"Ok, kill it."

-AC

Afro Cheese

-AC A python in Florida? Did it escape from the zoo or something? I don't think we have those here. Either way that's really frightening.

Trickster
Didn't it die on the fence?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
A python in Florida? Did it escape from the zoo or something? I don't think we have those here. Either way that's really frightening.

There's quite a large number of pythons in the everglades now. A growing population.

The alligators were allegedly being relied upon to keep the growing python populace down. Apparantly they're not doing a good job.

-AC

KharmaDog
A python in Florida? Did it escape from the zoo or something? I don't think we have those here. Either way that's really frightening.

I think the floridian authorities have captured something like 300 pythons or constrictor in the everglades in the last 10 years.

People are releasing their pets and messing things up.

Afro Cheese
I guess people must've brought them there.. I'm pretty sure that they aren't native to Florida. Well at least that's what I always heard.. that you have to go somewhere like the amazon to see pythons and boa constricutors and whatnot in the wild.

I've never been to the glades.. but I want to go.. would be cool to see an alligator or a python in the wild.

KharmaDog
They are not native to florida, people have been releasing them in the wild illegally.

MistressofSnape
There was an article a long time ago about a guy who fell asleep on the job and got swallowed my a huge python. When they cut the snae open the guy was still in there. It was in the Amazon...I think. anyway it was I true story. Now that is freaky! eek! The snake died couse the guy was to big for it to digest. The guy also was dead.

Afro Cheese
What a way to go..

MistressofSnape
I guess people must've brought them there.. I'm pretty sure that they aren't native to Florida. Well at least that's what I always heard.. that you have to go somewhere like the amazon to see pythons and boa constricutors and whatnot in the wild.

I've never been to the glades.. but I want to go.. would be cool to see an alligator or a python in the wild.

You live in the land of the sun and never seen the glades?...wow...

Afro Cheese
Yeah I know.. never been to Disney World either.

MistressofSnape
wow...this summer was the first time i went to Disney World. It's very over rated! i wnt to Island of Adventures to times.

RedAlertv2

any animal that can tough it out when gettin zapped constantly by that fence deserves a long life.

MistressofSnape
so right...

Alpha Centauri
That's the amazing thing though.

A human could easily be killed for doing so much as touching the fence. The snake was tangled in it, caught up in it, biting it, yet survived.

-AC

PVS

it was already dead
the python electrocuted itself on the fence.

WindDancer
The snake was tangled in it, caught up in it, biting it, yet survived.

-AC

Originally posted by PVS
it was already dead
the python electrocuted itself on the fence.

Umm....I'm getting two versions of the story. Are we talking about the same snake?

*goes back to read the article*

PVS
from the article: "The snake in this picture had eaten a full grown Impala ewe and, sadly, caught itself in an electric fence."

the guy just forgot to mention that he didnt kill it.
i mean, why wouldhe consider it 'sad' if he didnt give a shit
and just murdered the snake. obviously he's not a journalist
and didnt think to explain further.

maybe it has a greater capacity to withstand electricity, but its still going to die from prolonged exposure like that.

FeceMan
That mouth shot is magnificent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.