Domestic Violence against women...Overrated?!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whobdamandog
Is "Domestic Violence" against women as big of a problem as many make it out to be in the United States? Now before you all start to flame me with feminist rhetoric..hear me out.

A lot of times domestic conflicts between the sexes are actually initiated by the women. I've known of many women who verbally assault their husbands each day. Some upon the moment they walk through the door. Some women will taunt/verbally abuse their husbands for months on end, throwing insults at them, berating them, throwing stuff at them, etc...even as the man attempts to walk away from the conflicts.

Finally after years of heaping the abuse, the dude just can't take it anymore and he just snaps, leaving the women a bloody mess. The guy gets put in jail, get's labeled as a wife batterer...etc..etc..you know the drill, while the women get's portrayed as this innocent victim..who bears no responsability in the situation.

Should women be held partially liable during domestic disputes, particularly those disputes which involve a history of verbal threats/abuse/and antagonistic behavior against their spouses?

Discuss.

botankus
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Finally after years of heaping the abuse, the dude just can't take it anymore and he just snaps, leaving the women a bloody mess.

You make some valid points that many people have known for years, but I think the "bloody mess" is a little much, don't you think? Unless, of course, you're talking about how "bloody" means in Britain.

whobdamandog
It was meant for shock value..but I see your point..no harm no foul. Moving on..how would you consider punishing the man in the situation above? and should the women be given any sort of punishment for her years of abuse?

Alpha Centauri
Personally, I think it's one of the saddest cases when a wife/girlfriend etc is bullied and beaten severely by their partner. It's all too easy to say "Get out of the house" but sometimes fear prevents that.

However, whilst I don't condone continual beating, I've known cases of women who push men so far whilst hiding behind that "You can't hit me, I'm a girl" shield. It's quite pathetic. If a girl punches a man square in the face under the impression that he's just gonna go "Calm down, love", she deserves it back. I'm not gonna say go and beat the woman but obviously defend yourself.

-AC

xmarksthespot
A lot of times domestic conflicts between the sexes are actually initiated by the women. I've known of many women who verbally assault their husbands each day. Some upon the moment they walk through the door. Some women will taunt/verbally abuse their husbands for months on end, throwing insults at them, berating them, throwing stuff at them, etc...even as the man attempts to walk away from the conflicts.

Finally after years of heaping the abuse, the dude just can't take it anymore and he just snaps, leaving the women a bloody mess. The guy gets put in jail, get's labeled as a wife batterer...etc..etc..you know the drill, while the women get's portrayed as this innocent victim..who bears no responsability in the situation.What do you mean by a "bloody mess" though? If a man pummels a woman until she's black, blue and lumpy - I don't really see any mitigating factors sufficient to attenuate in any way what they've done.

It's a sad fact that there are individuals with misogynistic and chauvinistic views who feel the need to hit a woman in order to feel "like a man".

AC I suggest you change "I condone" typo to "I don't condone".

Tha C-Master
I get into it all the time, I just learned to walk off.

I hate that, I feel like this. If you hit me, then you want be hit back, because thats how I feel.

I wouldn't beat someone to sleep that I overpower though, Id try to push them away or hold them down, I have accidentally put people in serious harm too many times to want it to happen again.

lil bitchiness
Is "Domestic Violence" against women as big of a problem as many make it out to be in the United States? Now before you all start to flame me with feminist rhetoric..hear me out.

Finally after years of heaping the abuse, the dude just can't take it anymore and he just snaps, leaving the women a bloody mess. The guy gets put in jail, get's labeled as a wife batterer...etc..etc..you know the drill, while the women get's portrayed as this innocent victim..who bears no responsability in the situation.

Should women be held partially liable during domestic disputes, particularly those disputes which involve a history of verbal threats/abuse/and antagonistic behavior against their spouses?

Discuss.

Oh lord, i love when someone makes a thread about something they have no clue about, in hope to sell us some contravertial philosophy.

a) Domestic violence is a problem, a huge one in USA especially as every 10 seconds a woman in the united states is abused.

b) Domestic violence is the most under-reported crime in the history of crimes. Closely followed by hate crimes such as homophobic violence.

(im just waiting for someone to start a thread ''Violence against gays...Overrated?!?!?!'')

c) If you talk solely on the husband abusing women, its not simply domestic violence, it is ''Interpartnership agression''. Domestic violence coveres abuse against children and elderly.
Perhaps thats overrated too?

d) Interpartenrship agression is more than just ''husband hitting a wife'' it is also economic, sexual, verbal and psychological violence.

Being an American and supposedly trying to make a debate on Domestic Violence, im sure you are familiar with the Duluthe model, no? I didnt think so.

This is ONE of the Duluth Models on violence and abuse in the domestic souroundings which are other or leading to ''bloody mess''

http://www.dvic.org/Assets/img/wheel-power-control.gif

Tha C-Master
This is my problem though, women do tend to get away with more, they have too much power and control in many areas.

They have the power of sex, as its up to them in the end.

They have the power over the child 9/10, I could not want my child to have an abortion, but if the mother chooses to, than its okay? C'mon now.

I agree that women didn't always have the same rights, but now its the opposite, women used to live to please their men, and now men worry if they are pleasing their women in one way or another.

If a woman was in a "verbally" abusive relationship with a man, she gets sympathy and everyone thinks the man is shit.

Let a man have a "verbally" abusive relationship with a woman, he would be looked down upon for it happening in the first place.

Its fuked up but its the way it is.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
This is my problem though, women do tend to get away with more, they have too much power and control in many areas.

Please provide me with one piece of evidence or research which support the idea that women get away with more - then and only then I might take anything you say of any kind of value and possiblity.

Ms Flower

its this frame of mind that keeps some women in fear of reporting thier abusive partners. Its lame to say or think in any way because she was verbally abusive that she deserve to be beat down physically.

If she is running her mouth to much and you cant take it....then leave no expression

Alpha Centauri
I actually know women who say that they wouldn't blame a man if they hit him and got hit back, but I've seen many fights in schools etc where the girl has been punching the guy and he's been doing nothing. It's pathetic, because even if she bloodied him up fiercely and he punched her once, he'd be worse off.

It's stupid. Like I said, if a girl is seriously trying to harm you and you lay her out with a slap or a single punch, try to detain her. Don't go over and kick her head in. At the same time I don't believe any amount of charts, graphs or whatnot is going to convince me to stand there taking beatings from a woman.

Originally posted by Ms Flower
If she is running her mouth to much and you cant take it....then leave no expression

I'm not saying reply to verbal assault with physical assault but what you said above is a tad unrealistic. If you're married and very much in love, you aren't gonna leave because your woman is running her mouth are you? No.

I think the main focus of this thread was replying to the physical with physical.

-AC

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Please provide me with one piece of evidence or research which support the idea that women get away with more - then and only then I might take anything you say of any kind of value and possiblity. Um its a pretty well known fact that women do tend to get the courtesy just for being a woman.

And good looking women, I need not go there...

Girls could call me all kinds of shit, and I could just say "cute" and it could be viewed as sexual harrassment.

A girl hits me and I hit them back, who gets in more trouble.

Women want EQUAL treatment, most want it when it benefits them only, which is such a frustrating double standard sometimes.

A guy touches a kid, he is in prison, or if he has sex with a minor.

Woman does the same thing, the law goes easy on them.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I actually know women who say that they wouldn't blame a man if they hit him and got hit back, but I've seen many fights in schools etc where the girl has been punching the guy and he's been doing nothing. It's pathetic, because even if she bloodied him up fiercely and he punched her once, he'd be worse off.

It's stupid. Like I said, if a girl is seriously trying to harm you and you lay her out with a slap or a single punch, try to detain her. Don't go over and kick her head in. At the same time I don't believe any amount of charts, graphs or whatnot is going to convince me to stand there taking beatings from a woman.

I'm not saying reply to verbal assault with physical assault but what you said above is a tad unrealistic. If you're married and very much in love, you aren't gonna leave because your woman is running her mouth are you? No.

I think the main focus of this thread was replying to the physical with physical.

-AC

I think theres a clear disctinction between continuous violence and incidents of violence, don't you?

botankus
I'm not saying any of this is right by any means, but there are trade-offs in the gender "getting away with" wars.

For example, the classic "stud" vs. "sl*t" argument when dealing with men and women, respectively, and women are tired of that, too.

Face it, nothing's perfect. Men get the short end of the stick with whobawhateverhisname's argument about women abusers, and women the same when it comes to what probably caused the argument - sex.

lil bitchiness
Um its a pretty well known fact that women do tend to get the courtesy just for being a woman.

And good looking women, I need not go there...

'Pretty well known fact''? What does that mean? Something you observed, or something an academic has discovered through years of research?

Tha C-Master
'Pretty well known fact''? What does that mean? Something you observed, or something an academic has discovered through years of research? wow this thread moves fast.
I edited...

Alpha Centauri
I think theres a clear disctinction between continuous violence and incidents of violence, don't you?

Yeah, but who said reply to incidents with continuous violence?

I'm not saying to make anything continuous. I'm saying if either continuous or isolated incidents occur where a woman is clearly having a go with intent to harm the man, he has every right to defend himself by force. If the woman is down from a punch, kicking her in isn't defending yourself, no. But like I said, I'm not gonna stand there while a girl punches me in the face.

Please provide me with one piece of evidence or research which support the idea that women get away with more - then and only then I might take anything you say of any kind of value and possiblity.

The fact that girls hitting boys results in nothing and boys hitting girls results in possible prison sentence? Maybe that might be it.

-AC

Tha C-Master

I'm not saying to make anything continuous. I'm saying if either continuous or isolated incidents occur where a woman is clearly having a go with intent to harm the man, he has every right to defend himself by force. If the woman is down from a punch, kicking her in isn't defending yourself, no. But like I said, I'm not gonna stand there while a girl punches me in the face.

The fact that girls hitting boys results in nothing and boys hitting girls results in possible prison sentence? Maybe that might be it.

-AC amen.

Reminds me of the "women throws sex parties for teens" thread, the girls in there were thinking the sentence was too harsh.

Let a man do the same thing, he'd be in prison for AT LEAST 40 years.

Alpha Centauri
I see why it happens, because a man is obviously biologically superior in an overpowering sense of things. However, there must come a time when people say "Well wait..."

Either way, the woman throwing the punch is attacking someone who hasn't attacked her. The only time I could ever see it getting complicated is if the man was just rabidly abusing her with words and she flipped out. In the cases where the women actually beat the men, the men retaliate and get done for it.

I'm not going on a male-ism trip here, I think woman-beating is deplorable. I just think there should be some fairness.

-AC

Tha C-Master
I see why it happens, because a man is obviously biologically superior in an overpowering sense of things. However, there must come a time when people say "Well wait..."

Not only that, but we "men" (in america, and I'm sure in many other countries), have been raised to see women as weaker, delicate beings, who we should appreciate. Which we should of course.

But it makes us naturally want to go easy on them, even in law enforcement, and court.

At the same time, however, some think women should be at home cooking, and watching the children, which is also why women are annoyed.

Either way, the woman throwing the punch is attacking someone who hasn't attacked her. The only time I could ever see it getting complicated is if the man was just rabidly abusing her with words and she flipped out. In the cases where the women actually beat the men, the men retaliate and get done for it.

I understand fine, they can hit you in the face with pots and pans, and if you knock the shit out of them you are in trouble.

Hit them where it leaves no marks, (very crude crude joke, I know.)

I'm not going on a male-ism trip here, I think woman-beating is deplorable. I just think there should be some fairness.

-AC

I don't like to have to hit anyone, and not women. I don't want to seem like some kind of guy who thinks women are shit, because I think if you treat a woman right, they will treat you right.

So once again I am on your side.

lil bitchiness

-AC

Then you shouldnt be in this thread. Make another thread where you talk about exertion of power between partners, because it seems to me thats what YOU are talking about.

This thread talks about Domestic Violence - you your knowledge of what domestic violence is evidently does not strech beyond ''common knowledge'' - something you hear from person to person, because if you did you'd know what entails domestic violence. And now you're selling ME a philosophy of what is and what isn't in the filed i am with out a doubt more knowledgeable than you are.

You'd also know that when speaking about men abusing women within Domestic Violence, the children are abused as well - either physically, sexually, physiologically or verbally.

Alpha Centauri
Then you shouldnt be in this thread. Make another thread where you talk about exertion of power between partners, because it seems to me thats what YOU are talking about.

It's domestic violence. Commonly referred to as an altercation between spouses etc. I'm in the right place, I'm under the right umbrella.

This thread talks about Domestic Violence - you your knowledge of what domestic violence is evidently does not strech beyond ''common knowledge'' - something you hear from person to person, because if you did you'd know what entails domestic violence. And now you're selling ME a philosophy of what is and what isn't in the filed i am with out a doubt more knowledgeable than you are.

You seem to think you're more knowledgeable on everything that you express a higher interest in than someone else. That's just not the case sweetie, sorry to pop that bubble. Being overly interested in a subject doesn't automatically make you an authority on it.

Secondly, I'm not selling you any philosophy and for your information, I know frighteningly well what domestic violence entails. This is a thread about domestic violence. I am discussing with multiple people, domestic violence. A slightly different branch of, sure. Still on topic though.

You'd also know that when speaking about men abusing women within Domestic Violence, the children are abused as well - either physically, sexually, physiologically or verbally.

How many times have you seen graphic domestic violence Ms. Knowledge? I mean actually been there and seen it, witnessed it and been changed by it? I'm not assuming you haven't, I'm just trying to see if you have any clue outside of your books. Being more knowledgeable than I and all that.

World smart beats book smart. Even the dumbest people know that wink.

-AC

Tha C-Master

You'd also know that when speaking about men abusing women within Domestic Violence, the children are abused as well - either physically, sexually, physiologically or verbally. I know about domestic violence as well, very much so. I grew in a household with it.

Is it okay? NO.

But it is judged harsher and its looked at something that men only do, which isn't the case.

When a woman tells her husband he is "stupid" for doing something, despite her moods, she is still invalidating him, and therefore abusing him.

We as men hold it in and burst, and women take it little by little and burst, we get looked at in the wrong for "losing control" but a good man wouldn't do it without a reason.

Alpha Centauri
This may seem like a bad thing to say, but after telling me I'm in the wrong thread and claiming she has more knowledge, I sure hope she has some field experience in home battery because it'd make her look awfully bad if not.

I'm just waiting for her to tell me that her books gave her more experience than you or I sitting there having to witness it.

-AC

botankus
That's just not the case sweetie, sorry to pop that bubble. -AC

Uh-oh. Let's not get the sexual harrassment lawsuits flying around, shall we?

soleran30
Domestic Violence generally is contolled by women at least in the USA. However there are times when the woman in the situation is the one that becomes physical..........

It would be a whole different world if it was referred to as aggravated assault but anytime a man hits a woman in the USA you are up shit creek without a paddle in most situations...........

Domestic violence = bad however as I said women get it alot easier then men in the court system.

Alpha Centauri
^^^Precisely.

Where's the need for equality there? It's always puzzled me. Women are all up in arms about wanting to play men's sports, wanting to do men's jobs. When it's about getting the same legal punishment as men, they sure do keep it quiet.

-AC

lil bitchiness
It's domestic violence. Commonly referred to as an altercation between spouses etc. I'm in the right place, I'm under the right umbrella.

You seem to think you're more knowledgeable on everything that you express a higher interest in than someone else. That's just not the case sweetie, sorry to pop that bubble. Being overly interested in a subject doesn't automatically make you an authority on it.

Secondly, I'm not selling you any philosophy and for your information, I know frighteningly well what domestic violence entails. This is a thread about domestic violence. I am discussing with multiple people, domestic violence. A slightly different branch of, sure. Still on topic though.

How many times have you seen graphic domestic violence Ms. Knowledge? I mean actually been there and seen it, witnessed it and been changed by it? I'm not assuming you haven't, I'm just trying to see if you have any clue outside of your books. Being more knowledgeable than I and all that.

World smart beats book smart. Even the dumbest people know that wink.

-AC

Well your reply says it all.

And why should I even bother interacting with someone who gets a high out of patronising people.

My reply was honest and on the level - your was patronising and disrespectful. I do not take you seriously enough anymore to continue this debate.

Originally posted by soleran30
Domestic Violence generally is contolled by women at least in the USA. However there are times when the woman in the situation is the one that becomes physical..........

It would be a whole different world if it was referred to as aggravated assault but anytime a man hits a woman in the USA you are up shit creek without a paddle in most situations...........

Domestic violence = bad however as I said women get it alot easier then men in the court system.

Why is everyone talking like their words are facts - when they evidently not.

Read this - official statistics from research, not random guessing by people evidently displayed in this thread.

http://endabuse.org/resources/facts/DomesticViolence.pdf

KharmaDog
Numerous times I have seen people justifying when it is appropriate for a man to hit a woman. I was raised that you don't do that. Because of that, when I see a man hit a woman I think he is a weak-ass sh*t. If she's annoying you through continual verbal abuse, then you are a dumbass for sticking around. If she takes a swing at you, then you are a dumbass for sticking around.

It takes two to fight (generally) and each has a role in the dispute. People who love eachother generally don't hit eachother.

Do women get away with more than men do when they commit violent crimes? Yes. So how does that justify violent retribution? Are women more often the victims in spousal abuse? Yes.

As for the comment that you should defend yourself, hitting generally is not considered a defense. If the woman (or anyone) is coming at you with the intent to end your life, take the offensive. Other than that, hitting a woman is either a result of a lack of self discipline or just being an ass.

But that's just my opinion.

Alpha Centauri
I do agree to quite an extent, Kharma.

I was raised with a tremendous amount of respect for people in that way and I hate violence. It solves nothing in most cases. I'd rarely hit anyone anyway, I always try to end things before it gets that far. I was also raised to defend myself against anyone trying to do me harm.

Obviously I'm not gonna defend myself with such force against a woman as I would a man, but why is hitting a woman in defence not seen as defence? Hitting a man is.

Well your reply says it all.

And why should I even bother interacting with someone who gets a high out of patronising people.

My reply was honest and on the level - your was patronising and disrespectful. I do not take you seriously enough anymore to continue this debate.

And your reply says it all. Don't have the sheer audacity to come into a debate, assume you know more and in the same breath, accuse me of knowing less, THEN claim to not be patronising. Especially on an issue such as domestic violence. You have no clue how experienced I am in the matter, so don't take it upon yourself to assume that because you do a few studies, you know more than me. So don't dare talk to me of disrespect when you just told me you know more than me, when you have absolutely no idea.

Read this - official statistics from research, not random guessing by people evidently displayed in this thread.

How hypocritical. First you make blind assumptions and claims toward me and other members, accuse ME of being patronising (whilst dodging my question), then have the sheer disrespect to post an internet link as evidence while again accusing others of assuming.

I'll ask again politely and in an unpatronising manner, dodge it if you will. How much domestic violence have you experienced outside of classes and books? Is the answer none?

-AC

soleran30
there a few known facts in life there are lies, damn lies and statistics........according to those statistics over 75% of women have been physically assualted or raped! I have sat through court hearings time and time again and watching the real world I do feel that women have more leniancy in the judicial system in the USA then men........

Is domestic violence right? I think not and regardless of the verbal abuse people have choices to make one is to leave the situation and the other to leave the relationship.

Those statistics while being a good read leave me with a few more questions.......how large was the pool of women for the questioning.....where did they get the women for questioning.........there are no impartial statistics we can prove anything we want by asking the right question to the rright person and recording that information.

Alpha Centauri
"Statistics are like a lamp post to a drunk man. More for leaning on than for illumination."

David Brent from The Office, I believe.

-AC

botankus
but anytime a man hits a woman in the USA you are up shit creek without a paddle in most situations...........

Let's not forget that you don't have to hit a woman to get accused of domestic violence.

Mainstream
Originally posted by botankus
Let's not forget that you don't have to hit a woman to get accused of domestic violence.

two words: verbal abuse

botankus
Originally posted by Mainstream
two words: verbal abuse

Another three words: Lying about it!

soleran30
verbal abuse is some weak ass excuse to say you hurt my feelings and now you are going to jail.......but none the less good point Mainstream I just think that the whole verbal abuse thing is a sick joke that our judicial system allows...........its subjective while the judicial system is "objective" supposedlysmile

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Mainstream
two words: verbal abuse But its only abusive when a man does it? Women tend to be ALOT more verbal than men.

Mainstream
Another three words: Lying about it!

good point

soleran30
But its only abusive when a man does it? Women tend to be ALOT more verbal than men.

And how can it be abuse unless you practically tie the person down.........they can always leave. Thats why I still believe verbal abuse=craptastic way to file domestic violence charges.

Tha C-Master
And how can it be abuse unless you practically tie the person down.........they can always leave. Thats why I still believe verbal abuse=craptastic way to file domestic violence charges. Oh for domestic violence, that would be stupid. But for leaving, you can always leave.

But in any case, I'm just saying that people's natural bias and upbringings are tainting equality, its always a double standard when it comes to women.

botankus
And how can it be abuse unless you practically tie the person down.........they can always leave.

I don't know, man. Have you ever been in an 8-hr car ride with a woman? stick out tongue

soleran30
I don't know, man. Have you ever been in an 8-hr car ride with a woman? stick out tongue

Now thats something that should be on Fear Factor!

botankus
laughing out loud

The more you get lost, the more you travel without an available bathroom, and the more the map gets ripped into shreds, the more $$$$ you get.

Mainstream
Now thats something that should be on Fear Factor!

would it be the 1st or 3rd stunt.....the 2nd stunt is always eating something.

botankus
If women ruled the highways:

Mainstream
lol

Spelljammer
It's true what you say, alot of times (not all the time though as SpellJammer has seen some unprovoked abuse over drunktard men and the like..) women provoke the attacks. They get what they deserve.

However all this gives the police, the courts, and society much un-needed hassles. When you feel abused, wether emotionaly or physqiuely, you need to reconsider your relationship. There's no harm in saying "it's over"..

On that note, SpellJammer expects one of these days for his uncle to beat the living snot out of his aunt. And she'd deserve it. She's a pompus, annerexic crackwhore who drinks and thinks painkillers are tic tacs.. She'd deserve a good beating, and it might set her straight..

However, SpellJammer would prefer his uncle just say "it's over, and I'm taking the kids" because she's a druggy and a loser. He's a goodman, but his attatchment and his emotions will be his downfall unless he learns how to use them for the better instead of the worse..

whobdamandog
Oh lord, i love when someone makes a thread about something they have no clue about, in hope to sell us some contravertial philosophy.

a) Domestic violence is a problem, a huge one in USA especially as every 10 seconds a woman in the united states is abused.

b) Domestic violence is the most under-reported crime in the history of crimes. Closely followed by hate crimes such as homophobic violence.

(im just waiting for someone to start a thread ''Violence against gays...Overrated?!?!?!'')

c) If you talk solely on the husband abusing women, its not simply domestic violence, it is ''Interpartnership agression''. Domestic violence coveres abuse against children and elderly.
Perhaps thats overrated too?

d) Interpartenrship agression is more than just ''husband hitting a wife'' it is also economic, sexual, verbal and psychological violence.

Being an American and supposedly trying to make a debate on Domestic Violence, im sure you are familiar with the Duluthe model, no? I didnt think so.

This is ONE of the Duluth Models on violence and abuse in the domestic souroundings which are other or leading to ''bloody mess''

Moving on..here's some accurate statistics about spousal abuse. You can get sources for these statistics at the following site.

Spousal Abuse

Afro Cheese
Well if there's an isolated fight between a guy and a girl and the guy fights back that's one thing.. if the girl doesn't want to get hit then she really shouldn't be participating in a fight. Many guys wouldn't hesitate to hit another guy who's considerably weaker than them if he started the fight.. so really that's not an excuse for the girl to be able to start a fight and the guy to be obligated to walk away. That almost seems degrading to women.. as if it's implying that somehow guys should have more self-control than girls should.

However when it comes to domestic abuse as in one spouse abusing the other continually.. it's pretty rare for it to be the woman abusing the man. But this is wrong no matter what. I don't care how much shit she talks.. that's sometimes part of being in a relationship. If your spouse is so insulting that you can't take it any more then you need to take a second look at your relationship and consider if it's really worth it..

WindDancer
How can Domestic Violence agains't women be Overrated? Hello! Marriage counseling? Guys think of that before raising your hand agaisn't a woman.

Alpha Centauri
If a woman is storming toward you with a weapon, I don't think you'd reach for the phone and call Dr. Phil, personally.

-AC

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Spelljammer
It's true what you say, alot of times (not all the time though as SpellJammer has seen some unprovoked abuse over drunktard men and the like..) women provoke the attacks. They get what they deserve.

Comments like this are usually made by people who have recieved a massive blow to the head (or suffer from some other metal challenge) and have problems putting together any rational thought. Are you letting your monkey sit at your keyboard again?

WindDancer
That is different AC. That is called "Self Defense" which is perfectly fine. To strike a female over a stupid argument is totally wrong. Get it?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by WindDancer
That is different AC. That is called "Self Defense" which is perfectly fine. To strike a female over a stupid argument is totally wrong. Get it?

Mah hero droolio

*ahem*

I said im not posting in this thread so i'll leave. WD is here to keep the peace and bashing in order.

Alpha Centauri
Milla, rather than waving the pom poms and dodging my question that I've now asked twice. Try replying to me if you're going to reply REGARDING me. Goodie.

Originally posted by WindDancer

WD, where did I dispute that striking a female over an arguement (stupid) was condoned? Once? Twice? Never?

-AC

Spelljammer
Great, now AC is pulling his bullshit on the mods. This is going to get ugly.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
Well, it really seems to me, that if you have suffered from years of verbal abuse, if someone has downgraded you with her/his words and never supported you in anything, you should leave.

A woman hits you, throws you with something, does anything else that makes you feel pain..it's your right to hit them back. Same with if a man does something to you.

If they want equal rights between men and women (It's not just women that want it...I want that too)...it better has to apply on everything.

Alpha Centauri
Great, now AC is pulling his bullshit on the mods. This is going to get ugly.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm not though am I you mug? I asked Milla a civilised question regarding the thread, twice, and she's dodged it. Yet it's somehow appropriate to cheer people who reply to me.

If you want me banned, try harder or get off my genitals.

-AC

WindDancer

WD, where did I dispute that striking a female over an arguement (stupid) was condoned? Once? Twice? Never?

-AC

You brought the example of a woman coming at me with a weapon. Thus I replied with the "self defense" comment. I have every right to defend myself from an attack. And so does any victim of Domestic Violence. If a man is hitting a woman she has every right to grab a weapon and defend herself. That's my point.

I think lil has pretty much has establish her arguement. Maybe you should just open up more to what she's saying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And people please PLEASE! Can we have a discussion without the personal attacks?

Ushgarak
Personally, I do find it uncomfortable when people say "I have been brought up to respect women so I never hit them."

What, so you don't respect men? What happened to respecting PEOPLE in general?

I would far rather say "I don't hit anyone" rather than try and make "I don't hit women" sound like a good thing, because that is actually saying "I DO hit men and I have no problem with that" which is hardly laudable.

It irritates me that a weak guy who can't defend himself is somehow a fair target, but a fit, strong woman (who could, for example, easily beat the shit out of me) is someone you are not meant to hit back against.

Women are more likely to be weak, this is true, but in that case it's still the weakness that counts, not some odd idea that women can't be hit (which ultimately comes down to thinking women are inferior). As I say, best to say you don't use violence at all.

But my instincts tell me Lil is right, really. I am pretty sure that in anyone's epxeirnece, Men are far quicker to turn to violence.

Ushgarak
Sorry, WD, but I do not agree. AC has asked fair questions of Lil's points and she has refused to answer. That is her right, but I don't think AC should feel any heat for it.

Alpha Centauri
Milla told me I shouldn't be in this thread because I don't know what I'm talking about, then accused me of knowing less than her (assumption) because she does a course or studies it or what not. Which was not only ignorant, but wrong. I found that offensive being that I have actually witnessed it. Then to cap it off she decides to post a net link and accuse people of assuming. Hypocritical. So when I turn the tide and ask her how much domestic violence she's actually been through or experienced (it should be some, if she's gonna call everyone uneducated) she bails out and calls me patronising, regardless of her making a horrific assumption.

If she's gonna chime back in I'd rather she show some respect and either apologise or answer my question.

As for my comment to you, I was speaking with regards to a woman attacking unprovoked. Not some man battering her and her retaliating. I agree with you there.

-AC

Princess Diana
I can get off on women that like to beat me smile

WindDancer
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sorry, WD, but I do not agree. AC has asked fair questions of Lil's points and she has refused to answer. That is her right, but I don't think AC should feel any heat for it.

Quite personally I don't think anyone should feel any heat. But that is irrelevant to the discussion. My secondary point in this arguement is that couples involved in domestic violence should seek marriage counseling. Many people have this absurd belief that Marriage Counseling= Divorce. Which is not necessarly (sp?) true.One of the purpose of Marriage counseling is to reduce the chances of violence in homes (even Family counseling works). And as I pointed out early my primary point is that Self Defense is perfectly fine for anyone who suffers during a domestic dispute.

Capt_Fantastic
There was an interesting documentary on HBO a while ago about this sort of thing. I think it was called "Brett killed Mom" or something to that effect. The point being, that the mother in this four-person family was physically, verbally and mentally abusive to the other members of this family. She was particularly hard on the son, Brett. The father travelled often....eventually the older sister went off to school...and that left Brett there, alone mostly, with this woman. Eventually, she had reached his breaking point....and he stabbed her. She died on teh floor of their kitchen and the son is in jail. I think that is an example of justifiable homicide. But, I think a lot of the blame should be placed on the father's shoulders.

leonheartmm
i love the kinda woman that can kick my ass

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
But, I think a lot of the blame should be placed on the father's shoulders.
How can you blame the father? He's not psychic, he probably had no idea of the abuse that was going on.. What with never being home.. Here he is thinking's he's working hard to support his family, meanwhile his ***** wife is destroying thier family. How is he to blame?

Victor Von Doom
Personally, I do find it uncomfortable when people say "I have been brought up to respect women so I never hit them."

I would far rather say "I don't hit anyone" rather than try and make "I don't hit women" sound like a good thing, because that is actually saying "I DO hit men and I have no problem with that" which is hardly laudable.

It irritates me that a weak guy who can't defend himself is somehow a fair target, but a fit, strong woman (who could, for example, easily beat the shit out of me) is someone you are not meant to hit back against.

Women are more likely to be weak, this is true, but in that case it's still the weakness that counts, not some odd idea that women can't be hit (which ultimately comes down to thinking women are inferior). As I say, best to say you don't use violence at all.

Good points.

I always find that chivalry and equality are very uneasy bedfellows.

Capt_Fantastic
How can you blame the father? He's not psychic, he probably had no idea of the abuse that was going on.. What with never being home.. Here he is thinking's he's working hard to support his family, meanwhile his ***** wife is destroying thier family. How is he to blame?

Don't misunderstand. He knew what was going on. He just pulled the typical American male bullshit and did nothing about it, because she was a woman. Granted, he thought she was excessive in her "discipline", but the bad part was that things got worse when he wasn't around...but he was there enough to see it. He simply did nothing...because what would a man feel if he told everyone that his wife was verbally abusive to him...and physically, mentally, verbally abusive to his kids? That would have served as a indictment of his masculinity. So, he said and did nothing.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Don't misunderstand. He knew what was going on. He just pulled the typical American male bullshit and did nothing about it, because she was a woman. Granted, he thought she was excessive in her "discipline", but the bad part was that things got worse when he wasn't around...but he was there enough to see it. He simply did nothing...because what would a man feel if he told everyone that his wife was verbally abusive to him...and physically, mentally, verbally abusive to his kids? That would have served as a indictment of his masculinity. So, he said and did nothing.
SpellJammer could see that happening too, a sad example of how our society knows nothing about "equality", "common sense", or "protection of the innocent"..

It's just as bad when the mothers do nothing about an abusive father. There is no excuse for the abuse. SpellJammer knows it must be difficult to contend with such an intimidating force, but for the sake of your children if not yourself, you have to be the bigger person..

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Good points.

I always find that chivalry and equality are very uneasy bedfellows. yes

BackFire
This thread's convinced me..

I'm going to beat up the next woman who looks at me wrong/cuts me off/nags at me/argues with me/is on pms/won't put out. Equallity and all, right?

Spelljammer
SpellJammer can honostly say no woman has even so much as slapped him for any of those things, much less beat the tar out of him.

Then again.. they know better.. evil face

whobdamandog

Agreed. That's amazing. I actually agree with Ush..wink

Each "Johnny beat me" story should be judged on a case by case basis.

If you hit Johnny before he beat you, then guess what? You ain't a victim.

If you screamed at Johnny, spit in his face, got in his way as he tried to walk out the door..and Johnny gives you the big Ol left hook to get you out of his way..then guess what? You ain't a victim.

If you start throwing pots and dishes at Johnny, and Johnny picks you up and throws you out of the damn window..then guess what? You ain't a victim.

Don't get me wrong..I'm not justifying violent reactions. I am however, stating that we all have to be responsable for our behavior. Male and Female. If you act like an a**hole or a b*tch, then don't be surprised if you get some type of adverse/negative reaction from the person whom you have mistreated verbally/physically. Real simple stuff to understand.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by BackFire
This thread's convinced me..

I'm going to beat up the next woman who looks at me wrong/cuts me off/nags at me/argues with me/is on pms/won't put out. Equallity and all, right?

Let's just put it this way..if a woman wants to be like a "man" then realize and accept all the "cons" that go along with the "pros" of being like a man.

Personally..I don't judge anyone differently. If you come at me with a knife...be you male/female/gay/straight/black/white/chinese/whateva..then expect for yo ass to be laid flat out on the ground...unconcious.

Spelljammer
This is why people in the South generally have more respect for one another and crime rates are lower then up North.

Here, we'll **** you up.. laughing

BackFire
Let's just put it this way..if a woman wants to be like a "man" then realize and accept all the "cons" that go along with the "pros" of being like a man.

Personally..I don't judge anyone differently. If you come at me with a knife...be you male/female/gay/straight/black/white/chinese/whateva..then expect for yo ass to be laid flat out on the ground...unconcious.

Agreed 100%

Snoopbert
Alpha Centauri and I have the same exact views about the actual topic of this thread, and regarding Lil.

Curl_Up&Dye

Discuss.

Have you ever watched an episode of cops? even the single poorest representation of america and crime shows that whoever throws the first punch, instigates the fight, etc is the first to go to jail, male or female. If they're both equally as responsible, they both go to jail

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Snoopbert
Alpha Centauri and I have the same exact views about the actual topic of this thread, and regarding Lil.

I also have similar regards to lil in this matter.

Some things she said were simply uncalled for.

Spelljammer
And you both suck. What a quincidence.

soleran30

LOL so funny what a blatant insult without getting dirty

GCG
When a women gets charged for murdering her husband its cause of domestic abuse. Yet its difficult for a man who faces the same charges to get away with it saying that his wife abused him.

Women have an advantage on that somehow.

Even those men scaling Buckingham dressed as Batman and Robin (Fathers for Justice) are abused by the system; they get to see their kids once a month or something like that, after having been seperated from their spouse and being court ordered to pay large amounts of cash to maintain their broken family.

What kind of justice is that ?

Alpha Centauri

It's 'coincidence' you cretinous waste. At least spell coherently if you're going to pop off.

-AC

Spelljammer
If there was justice in this world minimum wage would be a fairy tale, the oscars would never have exsisted, and SpellJammer would be living on a private island resort making love everyday to Coldfire..

Alpha Centauri
I actually agree there.

If there was any justice, Spelljammer would be far away on a deserted island.

-AC

Snoopbert
laughing - Is it just me, or does Spelljammer randomly go around and bash incessantly?

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, he does. Then accuses of trolling, but if I were you I'd not call the kettle black. No offence.

I'm not gonna drag the thread off.

-AC

soleran30
laughing - Is it just me, or does Spelljammer randomly go around and bash incessantly?

Well I will give the guy some due credit what you call bash on this piece is nothing to what others call and provoke on other threads.......

GCG
......and yet again a thread degenerates

Spelljammer
Originally posted by GCG
......and yet again a thread degenerates
Shutup *****! *Smacks GCG and drops his diet soda bottle* stick out tongue

GCG
sorry to be such a wet blanket but its the truth ; a multitude of theads get treated the same way.

Alpha Centauri
Well considering it's Spelljammer who kicks it off almost all the time and then other people come in continually posting about how off topic it is when people like me try to get it back, it doesn't exactly help does it?

Anyway:

Have there been any instances where any of you have had to defend yourself (with offense or not) against a female?

-AC

GCG
Have there been any instances where any of you have had to defend yourself (with offense or not) against a female?

-AC

I heard of a group of some females who wanted to strip a guy down and run off with his clothes for a laugh at a bottle party.

If a group of young men done that to a female it would be 'Attempted Gang Rape'

soleran30
Well considering it's Spelljammer who kicks it off almost all the time and then other people come in continually posting about how off topic it is when people like me try to get it back, it doesn't exactly help does it?

Anyway:

-AC

Yes, and the first part of your point is kinda condescending when you post off topic about someone who posts off topic

Spelljammer
Yes, and the first part of your point is kinda condescending when you post off topic about someone who posts off topic
http://webb.informatik.gu.se/~s03danee/skoj/owned-cat_jpg.jpg

Alpha Centauri
...then other people come in continually posting about how off topic it is when people like me try to get it back, it doesn't exactly help does it?

Note this.

So you gonna answer the question? Or continue with your boy and drag the thread off?

-AC

Spelljammer
Note this.

So you gonna answer the question? Or continue with your boy and drag the thread off?

-AC
Why should he be forced to answer a question that's offtopic?

Alpha Centauri

-AC

Spell, I was referring to the above question you idiot. Stop acting like a complete retard, there's actually no need for it is there?

Getting back to the question I asked:

Personally I've never been in that situation but I'm curious as to who has and how they dealt with it. What caused them to take the course of action they did etc.

-AC

Spelljammer
Spell, I was referring to the above question you idiot. Stop acting like a complete retard, there's actually no need for it is there?

Getting back to the question I asked:

Personally I've never been in that situation but I'm curious as to who has and how they dealt with it. What caused them to take the course of action they did etc.

-AC
You're the idiot. That's the question SpellJammer was talking about. It's offtopic.

soleran30
-AC

Either your so smart you deserve an award or your use of words suck make your point stop berating people.

Alpha Centauri
Stop berating people? I swear that's what you and your boy continue to do. Either way, stop dodging the fact that I'm asking you a question regarding intergender violence (seeing as we're discussing domestic violence between male and female, it's on topic) and either answer it or shut up. Simple as. I suggest the former, because we know you won't shut up and we know it's not gonna get you, me or the thread anywhere is it? So why don't you get off your "Hahaha we're so annoying, and that's cool" tip? Ok? Ok.

For those of you slow learners and/or readers:

-AC

GCG
Will you all Discuss the topic at hand instead of these petty insults and banters ?!?!

Now I will contradict myself by saying that you cannot say 'Discuss' without saying 'Diss' and 'Cuss' stick out tongue

Spelljammer
Damn AC, have you been taking steroids? Or are you just PMSing? Cause your hostility has increased substaniously.. no expression

EsteemedLeader
The answer to your question is no.

From my answer, what do you deduce?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
The answer to your question is no.

From my answer, what do you deduce?

That you've never been in that situation. Not much else to deduce really.

-AC

long pig
It's not overrated, and the laws should be more harsh on men than women, simply for the fact that men can and do it more than women.

This is just that one area where women can have it both ways. To be strong and independant new age broad and be considered weaker and need protection.

Just the way it is and the way it should be.

But if she slaps you.... punch her in the face.

soleran30
Stop berating people? I swear that's what you and your boy continue to do. Either way, stop dodging the fact that I'm asking you a question regarding intergender violence (seeing as we're discussing domestic violence between male and female, it's on topic) and either answer it or shut up. Simple as. I suggest the former, because we know you won't shut up and we know it's not gonna get you, me or the thread anywhere is it? So why don't you get off your "Hahaha we're so annoying, and that's cool" tip? Ok? Ok.

For those of you slow learners and/or readers:

-AC

LoL I answered your question so stop attacking I don't have a boy. Read before you write thanks.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by long pig

I'd prefer kicking her in the head....

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by GCG
When a women gets charged for murdering her husband its cause of domestic abuse. Yet its difficult for a man who faces the same charges to get away with it saying that his wife abused him.

Women have an advantage on that somehow.

Even those men scaling Buckingham dressed as Batman and Robin (Fathers for Justice) are abused by the system; they get to see their kids once a month or something like that, after having been seperated from their spouse and being court ordered to pay large amounts of cash to maintain their broken family.

What kind of justice is that ? Don't get me started on that, thats a different topic entirely...

Bardock42
Hmm yeah I think it is overrated...I mean really it's not nearly as much fun as it seems to be.....

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hmm yeah I think it is overrated...I mean really it's not nearly as much fun as it seems to be.....

4 on 10 at best.

Snoopbert
It's not overrated, and the laws should be more harsh on men than women, simply for the fact that men can and do it more than women.

This is just that one area where women can have it both ways. To be strong and independant new age broad and be considered weaker and need protection.

Just the way it is and the way it should be.

But if she slaps you.... punch her in the face. You realize that was incredibly contradictory?

Victor Von Doom
I'm sure he does.

Mindship
Hey, Von Doom, where'd you get the cool sig pic? Looks like Alex Grey's work. thumbsup

Mindship
IMO, the only excuse for physical violence is if someone is beating the living crapolla out of you (or someone else who can't defend themselves and getting physical is the only way to stop the abuser).

IMO, while a verbally abusive woman DOES CONTRIBUTE to the situation, the man striking her is still MAKING A CHOICE to do so. He bears the final responsibility for his actions.

This kinda reminds me of the controversy surrounding the Central Park Jogger. She had every right to jog where she wanted to when she wanted to. Did she exercise good judgment? Hell no. Did that mean she deserved to be attacked? Hell no. The final responsibility rests with her attacker, period. However, she did obviously contribute to her situation by exercising poor judgment.

leonheartmm
ok so next time ur dog or ur bunny annoys u ur gonna beat the shit outta them right

long pig
Is it me, or does this look like a To-Do list?

http://www.dvic.org/Assets/img/wheel-power-control.gif

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Mindship
Hey, Von Doom, where'd you get the cool sig pic? Looks like Alex Grey's work. thumbsup

It is Alex Grey, I just made it into a sig.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
4 on 10 at best.

Enougb for me....could have been less....

Snoopbert
Is it me, or does this look like a To-Do list?

http://www.dvic.org/Assets/img/wheel-power-control.gif That image ignores teh female side of things.

BackFire
Indeed, it is very one sided and is based on much assumption.

What if she actually DID cause the abusive behavior?

What if the abuse DIDN'T happen?

What if the children SHOULD be taken away from her?

All in all, it's a bullshit vagina chart.

Spelljammer
That power wheel could apply to anybody. SpellJammer could get a straight man to become a blubbering oaf with his psychological prowless..

Only one time anyone ever pissed off SpellJammer to go Hannibal Lector on someone. And last time he checked, they were put in a mental hospital for trying to commit suicide..

GCG
Don't get me started on that, thats a different topic entirely...

no different when we know how good women are at acting themselves as 'poor victims'

long pig
Originally posted by GCG
no different when we know how good women are at acting themselves as 'poor victims'

A.K.A Feminism.

GCG
Equal rights my ass !

They never want to work a night shift at my hotel cause they are 'females' and then I hear all this bullshit about equal rights.

long pig
I think it's kind of funny.

Feminists basically say "They won't allow us to be equal!" ......am I the only one who sees this as contradicting?

If you were equal, you'd not need our permission to be equal.

GCG

tabby999
my opinion on feminisim;

http://www.geocities.com/tabby998/equal-rights.html

GCG
what a fitting finale

Darth Jello
There are only four situations when it is ok to hit a woman
1. In a competative sport where both parties have agreed on certain rules
2. In consensual sexual activity with clearly defined bounderies
3. If she is threatening your life or the life of someone you love
4. If she is being electrocuted and needs to be smacked away from the power source with a non-conductive object (this applies to anyone, don't touch people who are being shocked with your bare hands)

That's it. No exceptions. If you're girlfriend or wife is being abusive to you. Maybe you could consider getting therapy, breaking up with her, or hiring a good divorce lawyer. In the end, what's more terrifying? a pathetic waste of a man, or a judge?

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Darth Jello
There are only four situations when it is ok to hit a woman
1. In a competative sport where both parties have agreed on certain rules
2. In consensual sexual activity with clearly defined bounderies
3. If she is threatening your life or the life of someone you love
4. If she is being electrocuted and needs to be smacked away from the power source with a non-conductive object (this applies to anyone, don't touch people who are being shocked with your bare hands)

That's it. No exceptions. If you're girlfriend or wife is being abusive to you. Maybe you could consider getting therapy, breaking up with her, or hiring a good divorce lawyer. In the end, what's more terrifying? a pathetic waste of a man, or a judge?

What if she punches you in the face?

I'd bash her face in after that.

Darth Jello
If you're a man, you should be able to walk away from a punch in the face. plus, there's a difference between restraining someone and beating someone. If she kept hitting me after the first punch, i would get in a defensive stance and call the cops with my free hand.

EsteemedLeader
What if she works out and can bench more than you?

Would you punch her then?

Darth Jello
pressure point or a painless sleeper. Besides, size really doesn't mean shit if you know what you are doing. besides, i think that can be defined as a threat to life.

Da preacher
I totally agree.
Women get away with almost everything.
But yeah there also are guys who think it's fun to beat the shit outta their wives. SO...............

long pig
Such bullshit.

If a woman hits you, hit back....but much much harder. Somebody has to show these broads how real life is, they can't live in a fantasy world forever.

Treat them like you would a guy, if they cross the line physically/verbally, be a man and crack her across the chin. Simple.

Da preacher
No way dude, i wouldn't hit a woman because of the facts they're weaker than men not becuz she's a woman. I'd just throw her outta my house together with all her belongings. yeah........

long pig
You wouldn't hit a man if he was weaker than you? Of course you would.

Women are no different, just much more mouthy.

Alpha Centauri
Such bullshit.

If a woman hits you, hit back....but much much harder. Somebody has to show these broads how real life is, they can't live in a fantasy world forever.

Treat them like you would a guy, if they cross the line physically/verbally, be a man and crack her across the chin. Simple.

That post is such bullshit.

-AC

Snoopbert
You wouldn't hit a man if he was weaker than you? Of course you would.

Women are no different, just much more mouthy. That's a generalizing statement... though in general, accurate, in America.

long pig
Of course it is, I wasn't being serious.

I do honestly think it's a bit silly to try to abide by the "Just walk away" method, though.

It's very hard.

whobdamandog
Interesting posts..I have a few things to add....

The "walk away" philosophy is good in theory, however, it isn't always applicable in every situation. Much like a woman, it's difficult for a man to walk away from a relationship..that they have put much effort into...financially, emotionally, etc. If children are involved, that makes walking away all the more difficult.

I also have a problem with the "just take it" philosophy..regarding verbal absue towards men. If a man was screaming at his wife, berating her, yelling in her face..would that be okay? Should she just stand there and take it, chalking it up to normal behavior in a relationship? I don't think so. There are more effective ways to communicate. Any adult..be they male or female, who can not communicate with another without resorting to insults, intimidation, threats etc should be labeled as an "abuser" in my opinion.

Many in this thread..seem to have ignored the statistical data presented regarding Domestic Abuse posted earlier in the forumn. Both male and females, suffer from physical/verbal abuse in domestic relationships at about an equal rate. Generally..women are shown to be the more violent agressors in stated disputes.(ie using weapons, throwing objects..etc)

The "tongue is mightier than the sword"

Personally, I believe verbal abuse is just as potent as physical abuse..and many times..lasts much longer within the mind of the victim. I believe as Ush pointed out in an earlier post, society needs to be less "gender-centric" when looking at abuse..and look at Domestic disputes from a "human" perspective..rather than a male or female one. If you want an individual to treat you with respect..then follow the Golden rule..

"Do unto others..as you would like them to do unto you"

WindDancer

I'd prefer kicking her in the head....

You two must be Mike Tyson supporters or something else.

Snoopbert
it is easy to say "Just walk away" but few can actually do it. In fact, it' even harder when children are involved. Domestic Situations are never simple, and don't let Lil Bitchiness make you think they are.

Bardock42
it is easy to say "Just walk away" but few can actually do it. In fact, it' even harder when children are involved. Domestic Situations are never simple, and don't let Lil Bitchiness make you think they are.

They are probably not easy...but to hit anybody is usually the wrong way....and there is usually another solution.

snoochyboochies
ONLY PUSSIES HIT WOMEN!!!

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Bardock42
They are probably not easy...but to hit anybody is usually the wrong way....and there is usually another solution. My dad was verbally abused constnatly by my mother, instead of slapping the shit out of her, he only got a divorce. And I live with him, thank god.

Bardock42
My dad was verbally abused constnatly by my mother, instead of slapping the shit out of her, he only got a divorce. And I live with him, thank god.

So you agree.

Snoopbert
Yes, I do. But there were times where he wanted to smack her, and even I wanted too as well. The end result is that she lives in Belguim and I live in America. I'm fairly happy about that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>