WW's Lasso Real Test

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Alright, they tie one end to the waist of Trion Juggernaut, and the other end to the waist of Gladiator. Gladiator flies to the left as fast as he can and Juggernaut runs to the right, does the lasso snap?

The Ion
No.

Swanky-Tuna
I think I saw a simulation of this with two kids in a jackass-like video.

And no, it doesn't break.

BobbyD
laughing

The ending to this would actually be quite comical.

Picture this....

Juggs starts running only to have Gladiator snap back at him (since Juggs momentum can't be stopped) and hit him from behind.

wacko

Juggs calls Gladiator a moron and a fight ensues....

newjak86
Trion Juggernaut could probably overcome the magical enchantment of lasso by himself.

Juntai
Originally posted by newjak86
Trion Juggernaut could probably overcome the magical enchantment of lasso by himself. No, it can't be broken physically. It can only be broken when Truth no longer exists.

newjak86
Originally posted by Juntai
No, it can't be broken physically. It can only be broken when Truth no longer exists. Whose to say he has to break it pyhsically plus just like Juggs is indestructable so long as an attack isn't stronger than his power source what is the source of power of WWs Lasso.

Juntai
Whose to say he has to break it pyhsically plus just like Juggs is indestructable so long as an attack isn't stronger than his power source what is the source of power of WWs Lasso. The Greek gods..?
And, It's not "like indestructible" it IS indestructible.

newjak86
The Greek gods..?
And, It's not "like indestructible" it IS indestructible. Then it is able to be destroyed nothing can be stronger than the source of its power and if the Greek gods are the source of its power than Trion Juggs equals a being greater than a skyfather so he could destroy it.

The Ion
Juggernaut can't break an abstract concept. It would take a high tier cosmic like LT or Spectre with permission from God to break it.

newjak86
Originally posted by The Ion
Juggernaut can't break an abstract concept. He said that it is powered by the Greek Gods it may be based f an abstract concept but still it can only be as strong as the things powering it therefore a skyfather level being or higher will probably destroy it no problem.

Juntai
Currently...Spectre doesn't need "permission" from God, the only "permission" needed, is host getting permission from Spectre.

Juntai
He said that it is powered by the Greek Gods it may be based f an abstract concept but still it can only be as strong as the things powering it therefore a skyfather level being or higher will probably destroy it no problem. It was created by them, but it's a proven fact that only truth not existing can break it, and nothing physical can. Read a wonder woman comic, or do research, then argue.

The Ion
He said that it is powered by the Greek Gods it may be based f an abstract concept but still it can only be as strong as the things powering it therefore a skyfather level being or higher will probably destroy it no problem.
The lasso is infinitely stretchable. This isn't like Reed Richards when you can just snap him after he reaches his limits. It doesn't have limits. Breaking the lasso would be breaking the concept of truth in the entire universe.

newjak86
It was created by them, but it's a proven fact that only truth not existing can break it, and nothing physical can. Read a Wonderwoman comic, then argue., OK that makes no sense it was created by the Greek Gods which means that it can never be stronger than them because that is the source of the lasso. Pray tell me what is the highest level attack the Lasso has ever taken and ask yourself do you honestly think that it could possibly stand up to someone who when thousands of times weaker I means thousands was able to break through Dimensional Barriers with his fists. Or someone like Galactus who can destroy universes.

Juntai
OK that makes no sense it was created by the Greek Gods which means that it can never be stronger than them because that is the source of the lasso. Pray tell me what is the highest level attack the Lasso has ever taken and ask yourself do you honestly think that it could possibly stand up to someone who when thousands of times weaker I means thousands was able to break through Dimensional Barriers with his fists. Or someone like Galactus who can destroy universes. Except that his punches cannot destroy the concept of truth, it's abstract.

long pig
I've only saw it broke once, by Bizarro. And it was implied to be able to be broken by The Queen of Fables.

But, it's pretty consistently indestructible.

newjak86
Except that his punches cannot destroy the concept of truth, it's abstract. How can something physically stand up to something which is stronger than the source of its powers heck Juggs doesn't even have to try to break it first simply wipe the enchantment from it and break it when it is a normal rope.

newjak86
Originally posted by long pig
I've only saw it broke once, by Bizarro. And it was implied to be able to be broken by The Queen of Fables.

But, it's pretty consistently indestructible. Finally someone gives me some answers so it has been broken before but because Bizarro is basically a lie right well what high level attacks has the Lasso taken I mean despite a few thing Juggs is consistently shown to be indestructible but we known higher level beings can hurt him that are above Cyttorak.

long pig
NJ, I don't think Cyttorak is above the Enchantment of the rope.

But, it doesn't matter, it's not like it'd keep jug from moving forward.

Juntai

But, it's pretty consistently indestructible. What comic? I've never seen anything break it, save for the short time Truth didn't exist.

newjak86
NJ, I don't think Cyttorak is above the Enchantment of the rope.

But, it doesn't matter, it's not like it'd keep jug from moving forward. I'm just asking in general what is it's highest level od showing against an attack I mean I doubt it would stand up to Galactus or Eternity or other high level beings that are above the Greek Pantheon if they made it.

Juntai
I'm just asking in general what is it's highest level od showing against an attack I mean I doubt it would stand up to Galactus or Eternity or other high level beings that are above the Greek Pantheon if they made it. They pulled the moon with it...?

newjak86
They pulled the moon with it...? OK and Galactus has the potential to destroy a galaxy.

The Ion
From Juggernaut to Galactus eh?

newjak86
From Juggernaut to Galactus eh? No from my original question to now how can the Lasso be indestructible past the source of its power which I don't see how it can. I still think Trion could break it as Cyttorak is above Skyfather and therefore could possibly be able to break it by overcoming the magic it possesses.
That is what I'm saying it can not be stronger than the beings that emopwered it and simply asked what is the higest level of attack or effort that was ever put on it.

long pig
What comic? I've never seen anything break it, save for the short time Truth didn't exist.
Bizarro did, but that's it.

I don't remember the comic at all, I just remember him breaking it and everything was bright red. Sorry.

D.C isn't my forte...erm

Juntai
And what I'm saying, it's that it's proven that only by truth not existing, can the rope be broken.

Juntai

I don't remember the comic at all, I just remember him breaking it and everything was bright red. Sorry.

D.C isn't my forte...erm I doubt it happened in continuum.

newjak86
And what I'm saying, it's that it's proven that only by truth not existing, can the rope be broken. But as you said the Greek Gods created it and therefore logically anyone stronger than them can break it since they can overcome the enchantment placed on it.

long pig
It may not have been. Or it was just shitty writing.

WonderWoman's rope has stayed true to being indestructible for 50 years.

The Ion

D.C isn't my forte...erm
Bizarro himself is a lie. That's why he overcame it. It wasn't a strength thing at all.

Juntai
But as you said the Greek Gods created it and therefore logically anyone stronger than them can break it since they can overcome the enchantment placed on it. What YOU think is logical, and what is actual, are two different things. The only time I've ever seen it broke in comics, is when Truth itself was unfolding, and so did the lasso. Beyond that, you still can't physically overcome magic.

The Ion
Let it be known there is no logic in comics.

Wickerman
I know next to nothing about it, other than what i've read on this forum. So now i'm going to be presumptious and assume some things. Please feel free to tell me if i'm assuming incorrectly.

The lasso is enchanted right?
By the greek gods right?
It has a connection to the universal abstract known as truth right?
That's why it can't be broken right?
Because that would mean breaking an abstract right?
But can the connection between the lasso and the universal abstract known as truth be broken?
That would not imply harming the abstract itself in any way.
It would simply imply bypassing the enchantment on it. Severing the link between the lasso and that universal abstract right?

If what i said is true, then the lasso can in fact be broken. Not the abstract, but the lasso. Like Superman. Assuming nobody could destroy the sun, cut his connection to the sun somehow, and he can be broken.

~wickerman~

Juntai
Originally posted by Wickerman
I know next to nothing about it, other than what i've read on this forum. So now i'm going to be presumptious and assume some things. Please feel free to tell me if i'm assuming incorrectly.

The lasso is enchanted right?
By the greek gods right?
It has a connection to the universal abstract known as truth right?
That's why it can't be broken right?
Because that would mean breaking an abstract right?
But can the connection between the lasso and the universal abstract known as truth be broken?
That would not imply harming the abstract itself in any way.
It would simply imply bypassing the enchantment on it. Severing the link between the lasso and that universal abstract right?

If what i said is true, then the lasso can in fact be broken. Not the abstract, but the lasso. Like Superman. Assuming nobody could destroy the sun, cut his connection to the sun somehow, and he can be broken.

~wickerman~ If he could do that, why not just turn her back into clay by overcoming all of the gods enchantments on HER?

Wickerman
If he could do that, why not just turn her back into clay by overcoming all of the gods enchantments on HER?

Who .......... juggernaut? No way mon ami, i never meant that HE could do it. I don't think Cain's aware of his abilities, and even if he was, i doubt he could do anything like that. Either way, my point was that if a being of higher order than the ones that placed the enchantments can break the enchantments, then the lasso is nothing more than a lasso right? And WW is clay whistle

~wickerman~

Juntai
Originally posted by Wickerman
Who .......... juggernaut? No way mon ami, i never meant that HE could do it. I don't think Cain's aware of his abilities, and even if he was, i doubt he could do anything like that. Either way, my point was that if a being of higher order than the ones that placed the enchantments can break the enchantments, then the lasso is nothing more than a lasso right? And WW is clay whistle

~wickerman~ Zues is an elder god in DC, the only person I've seen proven to be higher level than this is Darkseid at full power or Spectre. I don't know of any other beings considered above Elder Gods.

Marvel=DC
Bizarro himself is a lie. That's why he overcame it. It wasn't a strength thing at all.

It wasn't a comic at all it was a actual book called the Trinity which shows how Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman first met it isn't canon. The whole setup is that Ra Al Ghul (Batmans enemy) unfreezes Bizzaro to help him start a nuclear holocaust and he gets Artemis(the amazon) to help teach his men to fight. It holds no truth to how they all really first met it's basically like a what if if you really think about it. The scene in which Bizzaro broke the lasso was crap he just became enraged when it was around him and flexed and it snapped. The whole book was crap WW gets her head kicked in by Bizzaro and Batman beats his a** it also has her getting owned by Ra Al Ghul in a sword fight roll eyes (sarcastic) . He could have never broken it in fact it should have been even more powerful against him since Bizzaro in himself is a lie. But in the scenario here the lasso is infinite length so Juggernaut and Gladiator would just keep going and going.

The Ion
Well I guess we have a case of PIS then. I've never seen said comic in question but I could imagine why Bizarro wouldn't be affected by the lasso.

Juntai
Well I guess we have a case of PIS then. I've never seen said comic in question but I could imagine why Bizarro wouldn't be affected by the lasso. I dont consider it PIS if it's not continuuity, it's just.... different.. . lol.

Marvel=DC
I dont consider it PIS if it's not continuuity, it's just.... different.. . lol.

It's crap really Superman and Batman both find Paradise Island which is a mystically hidden island faster than a ten year old finds Waldo and then she just as easily finds out Batman is Bruce Wayne and goes to his house. Also it does have a scene in it in which Batman catches Wonder Woman bathing and goes up and kisses her and she knocks the s*** out of him.

newjak86
What YOU think is logical, and what is actual, are two different things. The only time I've ever seen it broke in comics, is when Truth itself was unfolding, and so did the lasso. Beyond that, you still can't physically overcome magic. Not really because if you think about it logically nothing has hurt Juggernaut yet with the exception of other magic much like Bizzaro breaking the Lasso first. Yet everyone pretty much has come to the logic if your greater than the source or strong enough to disconnect him then his enchantment is worthless. Same thing here are you telling me that Galactus can't break it that Pre-C Darkseid couldn't break it if they put all their power into it.

EsteemedLeader
Then it is able to be destroyed nothing can be stronger than the source of its power and if the Greek gods are the source of its power than Trion Juggs equals a being greater than a skyfather so he could destroy it.

DC deities = Greater than Marvel deities.

Cytorrak ain't nothing here.

Marvel=DC
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
DC deities = Greater than Marvel deities.

Cytorrak ain't nothing here.

You're so smart when I grow up I wanna be just like you.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Marvel=DC
You're so smart when I grow up I wanna be just like you.

Sarcasm or compliment?

Marvel=DC
Sarcasm or compliment?

I'm not totally sure. Lets just call it a little bit of both.

EsteemedLeader
So you agree with DC deities>Cytorrak?

long pig
Cyttorak is special, he's a diety and a demon. He doesn't have his own planet or nation or solar system, he's got his own damn cosmos.

Skyfather level beings like Dormmamu and Shuma Gorath call on him for power, so he's something different.

EsteemedLeader
But Juggernaut beat him in a fight...

long pig
Nah, Juggernaut willed him out of his mind. None of that was physically real.

Even so, it's bullshit. The writers didn't even know what Cyttorak looked like, so they drew him like Juggernaut. He's never once looked like Juggernaut.

Marvel=DC
So you agree with DC deities>Cytorrak?

Oh hell yeah what many people(mostly Marvel fans) fail to realize is that DCs basic garden variety gods are equal or a little bit below cosmic beings of marvel and DCs cosmic beings are just way powerful because they're on a different power level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.