Chelsea football club - killing European club football with money?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess Diana
This kind of spending power imo ruins everything.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/richlist/person/0,,39300,00.html

jaden101
if that was the case they would have won everything last season...they didn't...so whats the problem?

Princess Diana
Originally posted by jaden101
if that was the case they would have won everything last season...they didn't...so whats the problem?

They very nearly did - the premiership is over already and I think they will take the European championship - on Wednesdays showing I just watched on my Sky + system.

Are you a Chelsea fan Jaden?

Deano
if that russian gimp wants to give all his money to chelsea then its his problem. football is all about money nowadays anyway. nothing you can do.

Victor Von Doom
Also, they tried to buy lots of big players that subsequently turned them down, EG Adriano and Shevchenko.

It's obviously a massive advantage to have a lot of money, but there have always been rich and poor clubs.

I suppose the 'danger' is that all the clubs are bought up, and money becomes too big of a factor in the game.

Alpha Centauri
They bought players and made an awesome team, what's the big deal? Teams have bought tons of players before and done crap.

They're a great team.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Princess Diana
They very nearly did - the premiership is over already

This is hardly Chelsea's fault- Arsenal have lost to WBA and Middlesbrough, while Man Utd have lost to Blackburn.

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They bought players and made an awesome team, what's the big deal? Teams have bought tons of players before and done crap.

They're a great team.

-AC

Are you a Chelsea fan as well AC?

Princess Diana
Abramovich according to Forbes is 11 richest in the World I think.
I am already bored with the premiership - I watched 1st division football actually at my teams ground - The Den but I like to see a competitive premiership I do not think it is.

Victor Von Doom
Abramovich according to Forbes is 11 richest in the World I think.
I am already bored with the premiership - I watched 1st division football actually at my teams ground - The Den but I like to see a competitive premiership I do not think it is.

How can you blame the other teams' poor results on Chelsea's money though?

Arsenal shouldn't be losing to those teams, Man Utd shouldn't be losing to Blackburn.

Alpha Centauri
Are you a Chelsea fan as well AC?

Nah, I'm Arsenal.

-AC

Princess Diana
Nah, I'm Arsenal.

-AC

first side to field a team which had no native Brits even on the bench sad nearly as bad

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
How can you blame the other teams' poor results on Chelsea's money though?

Arsenal shouldn't be losing to those teams, Man Utd shouldn't be losing to Blackburn.

In the old days everyone lost a few to weaker teams - Chelsea have reduced this to such a low level that a few slip ups which used to be expected no other team can afford, they have 22 internationals I believe.

Alpha Centauri
So? So what?

Chelsea should play shitter so other teams f*cking up isn't as bad? Why? If Arsenal lose to West Brom and Man United lose to Blackburn you can't expect Chelsea to be crap at our expense. They're there to win, and win they do. Mourinho could have bought all those stars and had them not work, but they work well. So it's obviously not about the money wholly.

As for internationals, why does it matter how many there are? It only matters if you're a patriot who believes they should be all English or a few English. For as long as I've been into football I've supported Arsenal. Not because they're a London club, but because I love to watch them play and I like their players. Same why I like Brazil more than England.

Football is meant for enjoyment, not mandatory fanaticism.

-AC

Princess Diana
So? So what?

Chelsea should play shitter so other teams f*cking up isn't as bad? Why? If Arsenal lose to West Brom and Man United lose to Blackburn you can't expect Chelsea to be crap at our expense. They're there to win, and win they do. Mourinho could have bought all those stars and had them not work, but they work well. So it's obviously not about the money wholly.

-AC

I think 22 internationals and so many match winners it was bound to work it has never been done on this scale before

Alpha Centauri
I'm failing to see the point you made though.

How was it bound to work? Chelsea still draw, they still have shit games. Individually they've not got Ronaldo's, Adriano's, Figo's. They've got a few great players and some world class players who play well as a team.

-AC

Princess Diana
I'm failing to see the point you made though.

How was it bound to work? Chelsea still draw, they still have shit games. Individually they've not got Ronaldo's, Adriano's, Figo's. They've got a few great players and some world class players who play well as a team.

-AC

they have a lot of players that are nearly as good as your Ronanldos it is the fact you can rest quality players and rotatae them with similar quality. Injuries the bane of most teams mean little to Chelsea.
If Arsenal have Henry out they have problems Chelsea do not have this.

Alpha Centauri
They've got Drogba and Crespo upfront and they rarely play them together. Henry is better than both of them.

No player on Chelsea's team is as good as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho or Adriano.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Well, what do you suggest?

Alpha Centauri
Letting other teams win, I'd bet. Which isn't in Chelsea's responsibility or power.

So I'm not sure what he's getting at.

-AC

Princess Diana
I suggest capping Foreign Players to a % of a team in Europe not just England

Deano
at least mourinho trys to play some english players, unlike some french git

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Deano
at least mourinho trys to play some english players, unlike some french git

true enough

Alpha Centauri
"I look at talent, not passport."-That French git you refer to.

Deano, you support Wolves. An all British team I'm sure. Near enough anyway.

There's no coincidence that they're not anywhere near the level of Arsenal.

-AC

yahman
This kind of spending power imo ruins everything.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/richlist/person/0,,39300,00.html

I disagree about the effect Chelsea is having on European football, i mean the Spanish league is still blooming, while the Italian and German leagues are stuck in the same ruts they have been in for 10 or so years.

Chelsea's overall affect on the premiership is quite disturbing. At first i thought it was a good thing, Abram pumping vast amounts of money, into a cash barren league, which was being dominated by the financial muscle of United and the uncanny ability of Wenger to pick up unbelievably talented players. But the general status of the premiership is a cause for concern. The football itself is dire to say the least, and the money, that was 'so' important before is becoming more scarce, as less and less people are going to watch the games. Something has to be done before the premiership goes the way of Serrie A (The Italian League).

I think more clubs should take the spurs approach. smile

darth_royke
i think that most people who attack chelsea for wining simply because they're rich are more likely jealous that the russian guy didnt buy their team. they dont have any outstanding players like ronahldino, ronaldo, adriano etc.... but look at their team and they're all extremely hard workers on the pitch. i would say terry, makalele, lampard and duff are probably their best players... but the others are there abouts also. they;re all very versatile and give their all. normally when you see other teams, at any standard do really well against a bigger team, its because they play together and work hard. kinda shows you something.

Smasandian
I love watching soccer, but having the same three teams always being the top three, or usually somewhere near gets pretty boring.

This type of mentatlity almost ruined the MLB.
NHL is just getting back on its feet on having 30 competitive teams instead of 5.

I understand its the fact of the sport, but who wouldnt want 15 competitive teams vying for first? Wouldnt it be more exiciting?
I dont find any satisifaction on having your fav team playing to not get relagated instead of trying to get into the Champion League;s.

Bicnarok

Sir Whirlysplat
God I hate Chelsea they have won the Premiership and will probably win their Euro group to and its November sad

Alpha Centauri

jaden101

Alpha Centauri
I think it'll be interesting to see what happens to Chelsea when Mourinho leaves.

A lot of the players really like Mourinho so I think they'll take flight when he goes.

-AC

jaden101
I think it'll be interesting to see what happens to Chelsea when Mourinho leaves.

A lot of the players really like Mourinho so I think they'll take flight when he goes.

-AC

i think perhaps an atmosphere might develop among top players that Chelsea will want to try and buy them simply because they can...and players will either start to make impossible demands or even plainly state that they wont be bought on a whim by a club who simply through money to try and solve problems...particularly if and when morinho goes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.