The Ashes and the Rugby World Cup its great to be English

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess Diana
America not playing team games played by the rest of the World will never understand Liverpool winning the European Championship - Its great to be English at the moment smile

Alpha Centauri
Considering that Liverpool winning the Euro cup was the biggest slice of luck in football history...I'd say it's nothing to be proud of. It's nothing to be proud of anyway.

Why do you people get like this? Do you think the rest of the world are looking at our country saying "Oooooh they've got really good soccer teams?" and envying us or something? I fail to see why a British soccer club winning a competition means that it's now great to be of the British nationality.

-AC

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Considering that Liverpool winning the Euro cup was the biggest slice of luck in football history...I'd say it's nothing to be proud of. It's nothing to be proud of anyway.

Why do you people get like this? Do you think the rest of the world are looking at our country saying "Oooooh they've got really good soccer teams?" and envying us or something? I fail to see why a British soccer club winning a competition means that it's now great to be of the British nationality.

-AC

Us people are proud of events like the Ashes - I stood in the rain for 4 hours to see the Queen mum god bless her!

Victor Von Doom
Nutty.

botankus
toot

jaden101
Originally posted by Princess Diana
Us people are proud of events like the Ashes - I stood in the rain for 4 hours to see the Queen mum god bless her!

didn't you get to see her whenever you wanted to?...oh no cause they didn't really like you all that much you blabber mouth...telling all the family secrets on tv...disgraceful

Princess Diana
Originally posted by jaden101
didn't you get to see her whenever you wanted to?...oh no cause they didn't really like you all that much you blabber mouth...telling all the family secrets on tv...disgraceful

I didn't tell all their secrets like the one about them being giant Lizards - smile

KidRock
Rugby..what a wuss sport.

Deano
whirly is feeling patriotic today isnt he

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by KidRock

Yeah. America sure macho'd it up by taking it and giving the players helmets and padding.

-AC

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Deano
whirly is feeling patriotic today isnt he

confused I am Diana young man! smile

Princess Diana
Yeah. America sure macho'd it up by taking it and giving the players helmets and padding.

-AC

indeed the fridge was real tough playing ten minutes a game, I would love to have seen him try and stop Lomusmile

yahman
If we get rid Of Ericksson we will have the Football World Cup by 2006. smile

ash007
yeah okay fine but thats the only thing us Brits have won.
I will wait until we win some more medals in the Olympics and when we win the football world cup, then that be something to be proud of.

Princess Diana
Originally posted by ash007
yeah okay fine but thats the only thing us Brits have won.
I will wait until we win some more medals in the Olympics and when we win the football world cup, then that be something to be proud of.

Lennox Lewis was a brit smile

Who cares about the Olympics laughing out loud thats not real sport smile

soleran30
Lennox Lewis was a brit smile

Who cares about the Olympics laughing out loud thats not real sport smile

Lennox Lewis still is a Brit laughing

Princess Diana
Originally posted by soleran30
Lennox Lewis still is a Brit laughing

not if you think his a canadian smile

KidRock

-AC

Your patriotism bleeds out as much as your ignorance. Rugby is a sport for players who couldnt make it in the big show.

Princess Diana
Your patriotism bleeds out as much as your ignorance. Rugby is a sport for players who couldnt make it in the big show.

eh no - in America perhaps but not the rest of the world where after real non american football - it is the big show. The Rugby World Cup has teams from more than one country - pretty weird huh confused

KharmaDog

-AC

Having played both sports I have to say, though rugby takes a little more endurance, the level of athletic ability, skill, strength and speed needed to successfully play American football dwarfs that of rugby.

When people criticise the use of pads and helmets (thereby making it easier or wussy) they are showing a lack of knowledge about the game and sports in general.

American Football players are (on average) much larger and stronger than their rugby counterparts. Football is also a sport that is playe with the participant often in full sprint and the collisions of two players in a full sprint is far more brutal than most rugby tackles.

Unfortunately, the addition of helmets and pads has seemed to reduce the player's thoughts of self preservation, and now hit with abandon without personal regard to injury.

Princess Diana
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Having played both sports I have to say, though rugby takes a little more endurance, the level of athletic ability, skill, strength and speed needed to successfully play American football dwarfs that of rugby.

When people criticise the use of pads and helmets (thereby making it easier or wussy) they are showing a lack of knowledge about the game and sports in general.

American Football players are (on average) much larger and stronger than their rugby counterparts. Football is also a sport that is playe with the participant often in full sprint and the collisions of two players in a full sprint is far more brutal than most rugby tackles.

Unfortunately, the addition of helmets and pads has seemed to reduce the player's thoughts of self preservation, and now hit with abandon without personal regard to injury.

I disagree having seen how Canadians play rugby I understand your point of view though.

KidRock
eh no - in America perhaps but not the rest of the world where after real non american football - it is the big show. The Rugby World Cup has teams from more than one country - pretty weird huh confused

Lol please..a retard could play Rugby. It involves no skill whatsoever. I have played it before..dont believe the hype about the "sport" folks.

8bitChris
They put a ridiculous amount of padding on to play a softer version of Rugby league, the players only play about ten minutes each and the game is divided into quarters for advertising.
They use a large leather glove to catch a softer ball than a cricket ball, in a game of rounders!
They turn Football (real football) into a girls game.
WTF is a time out

No one else plays these games - why?

Its obvious, because they are rubbish!

No wonder the US are champs at them all!

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen on the KMC forums. American football players can be upwards of 320 pounds and still run a 40 yard dash in 4.5 seconds. (Hint: A lot faster than you.) It'd be like being hit with a freight train if there were no padding.

I agree Rugby, is a tough sport, but many of the players are physically inferior to average NFL players. Let's face it, a lot of the rugby guys don't have the combination of size, strength, and speed needed to compete in the NFL. If you've never played football with padding, you have no right to talk about it. You probably don't realize how hot and taxing the padding makes playing the actual game. Buy a football helmet (forget the pads for now), and try running sprints in it on a hot day. It'll be an eye opener.

Calling it "girling" it up is ludicrous.

Why don't they play it in countries like Ethiopia? Well, pads are expensive. That, and there is no established history of the sport in that country like there is in the U.S.

Knocking baseball? Who plays cricket other than aristocratic limey blokes who take tea time breaks before the next paddling. "Ello 'gents! The scones are dandy wot wot!" You think any of their pitchers could smoke a 98 mph fastball by anyone? You think their paddles could hit one? My guess is that those paddles would shatter upon any contact.

Cricket, to me, is one of the most sissified sports in existence.

Is cricket played aroundt he World more than baseball? Highly doubtful. Baseball is the premiere sport of choice throughout the caribbean and Japan. It is also very big in Korea. In fact, a large percentage of players in the United States MLB are foreign born. The only countries that play cricket were coincidentally part of the British Empire as well. Why not take a look at the list of teams that participate in the Little League World Series? That'll give you a really good idea of how widely played the sport is.

Or are we counting Cuba, Dominican Republic, Curasao and all those other countries in the caribbean as part of the United States now?

It's a selective arguement you've chosen Princess, and a poorly made one at that. Why not ask Canadians why curling isn't the dominating sport in other countries? Or ask Holland why Speed Skating is so popular there but not as popular everywhere else?

Of course, let's ignore basketball because that debunks your whole arguement completely :P. Nobody plays that right?

I hope i've enlightened you a little bit because your first post was sheer ignorance. Did you honestly think anyone here would care who won the rugby title across the pond?

Princess Diana
Lol please..a retard could play Rugby. It involves no skill whatsoever. I have played it before..dont believe the hype about the "sport" folks.

well all the tough parts, rucking, mauling etc have been removed in American football no one is rucked with studs. Even Scrums have gone.
If you have ever played prop or hooker with someone biting your ear smile you'd know what a tough sport is.

basketball does not really debunk my argument as proper football -and rugby have a passion a non contact sport could never elicit.

I don't know of a basketball world cup confused

KidRock
well all the tough parts, rucking, mauling etc have been removed in American football no one is rucked with studs. Even Scrums have gone.
If you have ever played prop or hooker with someone biting your ear smile you'd know what a tough sprot is.

How can something be removed from American football when it was never there?

Anyway...biteing someone on the ear makes a sport tough? Sounds stupid as hell to me. There is a fine line between tough a stupid..seems like the Brits havent found that line yet.

8bitChris
Put any rugby player in the world, without padding heads up against Ray Lewis or Warren Sapp and we'll see which guys steamrolled.

KidRock
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Put any rugby player in the world, without padding heads up against Ray Lewis or Warren Sapp and we'll see which guys steamrolled.

The rugby player can be the best in the world but he would leave the field on a stretcher..thats a fact.

Princess Diana

Jonah Lomu 20 stone 10.5 second 100 metres in his prime right........

http://www.answers.com/topic/jonah-lomu

8bitChris
This guy....

http://planet-tonga.com/sports/images/jonah.jpg

Would get pancaked by these fellows..

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/assetpool/images/0411192159_ray_lewis.jpg

http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/HGNBOJJBPOPO/032204sapp180.jpg

Princess Diana
This guy....

http://planet-tonga.com/sports/images/jonah.jpg

Would get pancaked by these fellows..

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/assetpool/images/0411192159_ray_lewis.jpg

http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/HGNBOJJBPOPO/032204sapp180.jpg

they wouldn't catch him, in rugby you hand players off in American Football the flat hand pushed into the open face is not allowed and impossible as they wear protection to the face.

smile Lomu 10.5 second hundred metres almost 2 metres tall 20 stone straight arm v big guy that can't run smile

8bitChris
If these guys could catch any running back or receiver in the NFL then they can catch your guy. What? Is he going to run out of bounds and keep running?

Please.

Oh, I thought you said Rugby guys were tougher? Why doesn't he just run Ray Lewis or Warren Sapp over? Because he can't he'd get flattened.

Like I said, even the players well over 300 pounds in the NFL are much faster than you. Can't run? Now you're just being silly.

yahman
they wouldn't catch him, in rugby you hand players off in American Football the flat hand pushed into the open face is not allowed and impossible as they wear protection to the face.

smile Lomu 10.5 second hundred metres almost 2 metres tall 20 stone straight arm v big guy that can't run smile

Mate you beat me to It !!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing

So true. smile

Mann Lomu is a monster !!!!!!!

Princess Diana
Originally posted by yahman
Mate you beat me to It !!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing

So true. smile

Mann Lomu is a monster !!!!!!!

The slow American "Blockers" are so funny smile

American Football is funny, you've been on ten minutes have a rest fattylaughing out loud

8bitChris
Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis arn't blockers.

That, and the linemen still average the 40 yard dash in 4.5-4.7 seconds.

It's funny how people ignore facts rather than refute them.

You honestly think that guy couldn't be caught by anyone? I have a bridge to sell you mates. A it's a little twig called London Bridge wot wot.

Princess Diana

You honestly think that guy couldn't be caught by anyone? I have a bridge to sell you mates. A it's a little twig called London Bridge wot wot.

so they are slower than Lomu and I suspect smaller smile

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4214

o look Sapp is much smaller smile

yahman

He can be caught now, but two world cups ago, he was unstopable. smile

Princess Diana
He can be caught now, but two world cups ago, he was unstopable. smile

this Sapp is tiny and slow next to Lomu

your point is?

Lomu 6.5 Sapp 6.2

Lomu 270 pounds

Sapp isn't

yahman

Mate that eight bit must running out !!!!!!! smile

8bitChris
Unstopable by rugby standards hardly counts against a league that is physically superior.

I'm not saying there arn't terrific atheletes in Rugby. I'm just saying the overall physical demand of strength and speed in the NFL is leagues higher than any Rugby i've seen.

Notice there is no one that "can't" be caught in NFL. Sure, there are great players and great runs and break aways. However, there isn't anyone that wont get tackled in a game.

And i'd let Sapp go heads up against that guy without pads anyday.

Princess Diana
this Sapp is tiny and slow next to Lomu

your point is?

Lomu 6.5 Sapp 6.2

Lomu 270 pounds

Sapp isn't

indeed Yahman

8bitChris
so they are slower than Lomu and I suspect smaller smile

o look Sapp is much smaller smile

Much smaller? You must have been looking at a different page than I have.

It looks to me like Warren has the leverage here.

Unless you think that 4 inches (think about how long that is for a second) height is greater that Sapp's 30+ more pounds.

Princess Diana
Unstopable by rugby standards hardly counts against a league that is physically superior.

I'm not saying there arn't terrific atheletes in Rugby. I'm just saying the overall physical demand of strength and speed in the NFL is leagues higher than any Rugby i've seen.

Notice there is no one that "can't" be caught in NFL. Sure, there are great players and great runs and break aways. However, there isn't anyone that wont get tackled in a game.

And i'd let Sapp go heads up against that guy without pads anyday.

Physical demands greater laughing out loud put Sapp in a Scrum

Your pitch is smaller

Look up the word Ruck in Rugby laughing out loud

Princess Diana
Much smaller? You must have been looking at a different page than I have.

It looks to me like Warren has the leverage here.

Unless you think that 4 inches (think about how long that is for a second) height is greater that Sapp's 30+ more pounds.

Pitch is bigger in Rugby and over 80 minutes play with one break Sapp would not be moving at all smile

8bitChris
Mate that eight bit must running out !!!!!!! smile

Nope, it's just running circles around you blokes! laughing laughing laughing

You'd have to have dyslexia not to see that I made Diana look like a fool with her original post.

She has largely ignored my response. laughing laughing

Cheers!

8bitChris
heck, I think I could hang in a scrum! I don't see much people getting anywhere when everyone is just pushing each other at once.

Cheers! laughing

yahman
Physical demands greater laughing out loud put Sapp in a Scrum

Your pitch is smaller

Look up the word Ruck in Rugby laughing out loud

Indeed !!!!!!! laughing out loud

So many good memorys. smile So many painful injuries. laughing out loud

Princess Diana
Pitch is bigger in Rugby and over 80 minutes play with one break Sapp would not be moving at all smile

ignored not at all

Look up ruck and maul they are true physical demands smile

Never seen American Football players lying on the ground being kicked without padding on or with padding on. Its all part of Rugby smile

8bitChris
Diana go read the "artful dodger" thread. You might learn how to argue your case a little better.

You've got a good one. It's just not very good in your hands mate.

Princess Diana
Indeed !!!!!!! laughing out loud

So many good memorys. smile So many painful injuries. laughing out loud

I used to hate people rucking my head smile

yahman
heck, I think I could hang in a scrum! I don't see much people getting anywhere when everyone is just pushing each other at once.

Cheers! laughing

You would know alot about men 'pushing' against one another at once wouldn't you ? shifty

8bitChris
ignored not at all

Look up ruck and maul they are true physical demands smile

Never seen American Football players lying on the ground being kicked without padding on or with padding on. Its all part of Rugby smile

Kicking a man on the ground isn't what I would call, "Sport" or demanding.

The ability to take those kicks isn't very impressive to me at all.

Then again, I watch a sport where actual atheletic ability is appreciated.

8bitChris
You would know alot about men 'pushing' against one another at once wouldn't you ? shifty

Not as much as Rugby players i'd wager.

Princess Diana

Cheers! laughing

I see thats good to know

http://www.chiroweb.com/archives/16/10/21.html

Princess Diana
Kicking a man on the ground isn't what I would call, "Sport" or demanding.

The ability to take those kicks isn't very impressive to me at all.

Then again, I watch a sport where actual atheletic ability is appreciated.

"atheletic" ability about right laughing out loud Time out you've been playing a full five minutes guys time to swap players - yup great athletes laughing out loud

Nope you guys need pads to bump into each other smile

yahman
Not as much as Rugby players i'd wager.

Or as much as your mother, well thats the impression she gave me. shifty

8bitChris
I'm supposed to care about Thomas Souza's opinion?

If we were going to talk about a game that involves strategy...well football wins that one by leagues.

8bitChris
Or as much as your mother, well thats the impression she gave me. shifty

You don't know my mother. smile

yahman
You don't know my mother. smile

Ohhh I do !!!!!! shifty She could show you a thing or two about 'rucking' and 'mauling' shifty

8bitChris
"atheletic" ability about right laughing out loud Time out you've been playing a full five minutes guys time to swap players - yup great athletes laughing out loud

Nope you guys need pads to bump into each other smile

You can't talk about it if you've never done it now can you?

I'd put money on that fact that wearing pads and going full contact with a helmet on would cause much more physical exertion than running around in shorts and a t-shirt.

But what do I know? All I use is common sense.

I wonder what professional sporting scouts would say about your Atheletic Ability Princess? Since you're so quick to mock the NFL's i'll assume that you are an olympic caliber athelete.

Princess Diana
I'm supposed to care about Thomas Souza's opinion?

If we were going to talk about a game that involves strategy...well football wins that one by leagues.

in some respects as you can swap players all the time and have time outs but this removes all reading the game from the players and makes the coach to important. Players are on for such a short time that they cannot read a game as they are not ever involved in a full game.

8bitChris
Ohhh I do !!!!!! shifty She could show you a thing or two about 'rucking' and 'mauling' shifty

Somebody call the WAAAAAhhhhmmmbulance. We got a pair of whiney brits hitting critical condition...

Princess Diana
You can't talk about it if you've never done it now can you?

I'd put money on that fact that wearing pads and going full contact with a helmet on would cause much more physical exertion than running around in shorts and a t-shirt.

But what do I know? All I use is common sense.

I wonder what professional sporting scouts would say about your Atheletic Ability Princess? Since you're so quick to mock the NFL's i'll assume that you are an olympic caliber athelete.

No but I played Rugby for University of London and if you check out the sporting injuries thread from the Sports forum months ago will see I blew my knees out playing smile I coach 15 year olds for a pretty decent club in South London twice once a week now smile

yahman
Somebody call the WAAAAAhhhhmmmbulance. We got a pair of whiney brits hitting critical condition...

Sorry was that a retourt ??????? confused smile

Princess Diana

no arguments from the American but thats no suprise they never play games the rest of the world play - scared to lose I guess smile

8bitChris
Sorry was that a retourt ??????? confused smile

I was trying to do something a little more witty than the standard "mama" jokes. smile

yahman
I was trying to do something a little more witty than the standard "mama" jokes. smile

It looks like you failed there ! smile

8bitChris
no arguments from the American but thats no suprise they never play games the rest of the world play - scared to lose I guess smile

What do you mean? We play almost every sport in the world here. Probably not a lot of cricket or Curling but who could blame us?

American football is probably the one sport that is predominantly only played here in the U.S. (There is a European and Canadian league for the sport though.)

Basketball and Baseball have both established themselves as world sports.

Our hockey league is the premiere hockey league in the World?

We have a professional soccer league; though i'll admit, it's not in the same class as the European or South American leagues. But our World Cup team still does a respectible job every four years.

What sport are we not playing that the rest of the world playing? Last time I checked we always do pretty decent in the Olympics...

I'm just confused here...

Deano
soccer is the best, lets leave it at that.
american football is boring. rugby is miles more exciting

Princess Diana
What do you mean? We play almost every sport in the world here. Probably not a lot of cricket or Curling but who could blame us?

American football is probably the one sport that is predominantly played here in the U.S.

Basketball and Baseball have both established themselves as world sports.

Our hockey league is the premiere hockey league in the World?

We have a professional soccer league; though i'll admit, it's not in the same class as the European or South American leagues. But our World Cup team still does a respectible job every four years.

What sport are we not playing that the rest of the world playing? Last time I checked we always do pretty decent in the Olympics...

I'm just confused here...

Yes huge crowds go to watch basketball outside the US - The basketball world Cup is a highlight in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South America's calender laughing out loud

Baseball sure is on a par with Cricket Worldwide laughing out loud

Right.............

Princess Diana
soccer is the best, lets leave it at that.
american football is boring. rugby is miles more exciting

I prefer Rugby but as you knw I love Football (Soccer) and Gridiron is shit smile

8bitChris
To me, Soccer is boring. Honestly, how can anyone take so much excitement in games where scoring is a rarity?

Soccer has the largest fanbase in the world but I just can't watch it. Not enough happens and all of what does happen is repetative.

The most exciting thing is the shoot out. And that is a rarity as well.

Deano
basketball beats cricket
american football beats cricket
rugby beats american football
soccer owns all

Princess Diana
basketball beats cricket
american football beats cricket
rugby beats american football
soccer owns all

I hate Basketball, love football, adore Rugby more than anything.
I can stomach Cricket sometimes laughing out loud

8bitChris
Yes huge crowds go to watch basketball outside the US - The basketball world dup is a highlight in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South America's calender laughing out loud

Baseball sure is on a par with Cricket Worldwide laughing out loud

Right.............

Cricket?

What? Baseball is played in Asia, Europe, All over the Pacific, and Largely in Latin America.

heck there was even a Saudi Arabian team in the LLWS...?

You say it's not played more that cricket? Not you're just being biased. Biased for a sissy sport.

It's also a little ignorant not to acknowledge the amount of Basketball being played in Europe isn't it?

Deano
To me, Soccer is boring. Honestly, how can anyone take so much excitement in games where scoring is a rarity?

Soccer has the largest fanbase in the world but I just can't watch it. Not enough happens and all of what does happen is repetative.

then you know very little, why do you need lots of goals to make the game more exciting? it helps but its not what makes the game special. ive saw tons of exciting 0-0 games. some games are boring but the majority are not, maybe if you watch european games where the quality is higher instead of major league soccer. its the quality of the game, not the quantity of goals.
maybe you should ponder on why soccer has the biggest fanbase in the world. theres a reason for that

yahman

Mate i disagree completely ..... To much of a good thing arguement. Cum on you must know what im getting at 'Eight Bit' ? smile

Princess Diana
Cricket?

What? Baseball is played in Asia, Europe, All over the Pacific, and Largely in Latin America.

You say it's not played more that cricket? Not you're just being biased. Biased for a sissy sport.

It's also a little ignorant not to acknowledge the amount of Basketball being played in Europe isn't it?

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Australia etc = Cricket
Sissy sport look up Bodyline, the ball is actually aimed at players, they had hardly any padding then, people died, doesn't happen in Baseball - India alone has more people and Cricket is big in China.

Basketball World Cup? When?

Deano
Cricket?

cricket is just plain boring, same with baseball. ive always said that if the action in american football flowed alot more like rugby. then the game would be better. i dont like watching the game being stopped every 5 minutes followed by watching the teams discuss tactics,tactics which should be discussed before the game. its just pure boring and there is not much excitement like in soccer where you can watch club and country take each other on in many gripping, tense and exciting games.

Princess Diana
then you know very little, why do you need lots of goals to make the game more exciting? it helps but its not what makes the game special. ive saw tons of exciting 0-0 games. some games are boring but the majority are not, maybe if you watch european games where the quality is higher instead of major league soccer. its the quality of the game, not the quantity of goals.
maybe you should ponder on why soccer has the biggest fanbase in the world. theres a reason for that

Soccer is the most easily accessible game and easiest to play - It is the hardest to play really well smile For every Pele or Maradona you have a countless Vinny Jones and Vinny was an OK player much better than most of us.

GCG
what team you support Lady Di ?

Princess Diana
cricket is just plain boring, same with baseball. ive always said that if the action in american football flowed alot more like rugby. then the game would be better. i dont like watching the game being stopped every 5 minutes followed by watching the teams discuss tactics,tactics which should be discussed before the game. its just pure boring and there is not much excitement like in soccer where you can watch club and country take each other on in many gripping, tense and exciting games.

Agreed about coaches, it takes all the skill of changing a game plan away from the players, its pathetic

yahman
Soccer is the most easily accessible game and easiest to play - It is the hardest to play really well smile For every Pele or Maradona you have a countless Vinny Jones and Vinny was an OK player much better than most of us.

He was as good at playing as he is at acting ! Did you know he's going to play Juggernaught in X3 ?

Someone who works with my dad whent to school with him, apparently he was complete Tw@t (suprise, suprise).

Princess Diana
He was as good at playing as he is at acting ! Did you know he's going to play Juggernaught in X3 ?

Someone who works with my dad whent to school with him, apparently he was complete Tw@t (suprise, suprise).

no suprise my friend

KidRock
Once again..Rugby is a sport for players who cant make it in the "big time". Its like a kiddy league full of drunks.

Princess Diana
Once again..Rugby is a sport for players who cant make it in the "big time". Its like a kiddy league full of drunks.

laughing out loud the big time played in only one country - hilarious

soleran30

Well I suppose if you count big time in relation to pay check then yes no matter what you say NFL makes some serious cheddar!

KidRock

Rightttt.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Princess Diana
Originally posted by soleran30
Well I suppose if you count big time in relation to pay check then yes no matter what you say NFL makes some serious cheddar!

certainly does but outside the US no one knows who the players are smile

KidRock

Because they are drunken nobodies..

soleran30

Who cares paint me into obscurity with a 10 million dollar 2 year contract........also whether its rugby or footbal they have a short life to pay professional and I will take the one that pays vs the one that bites mt ear offsmile

Deano

so why was johnny wilkinson asked to play american football?

Imagawa666
England did produce some fine pro wrestlers. Football sucks anyway. Full of rapists and druggies over here in good ole england. And who cares bout rugby?!? Its a medieval melee with the weapns taken out. At least in the staes wiht padding you wont get your balls crushed. Whats the point of this thread? Im proud of being english but why broadcast it? And Deano your prediction about the volcano wasnt true. Sop list5neing to scaremongers. Stuff like that is why our lands in such a state.

KidRock
so why was johnny wilkinson asked to play american football?

They needed a replacement..1-4th string were injuried so they need to pick from the bottom of the pit. (Europe)

Spearhead

be proud--better yet, use proper English!

Hate to burst your bubble, but there's a reason football/soccer isn't a mainstream sport in in the US--because not enough people like it. Now explain to me why we should be jealous that your country won a championship for a sport we don't all that much enjoy?

And before any of you soccer fans jump on my back, yes, I will acknoweledge that there is a large amount of soccer fans in the US. But there're more people who just don't care.

Deano
Originally posted by Imagawa666
England did produce some fine pro wrestlers. Football sucks anyway. Full of rapists and druggies over here in good ole england. And who cares bout rugby?!? Its a medieval melee with the weapns taken out. At least in the staes wiht padding you wont get your balls crushed. Whats the point of this thread? Im proud of being english but why broadcast it? And Deano your prediction about the volcano wasnt true. Sop list5neing to scaremongers. Stuff like that is why our lands in such a state.

my prediction? what made u think i believe it, show proof of this please

Imagawa666
You were ranting on the religion forum about it in one of those armageedon threads!

Deano
They needed a replacement..1-4th string were injuried so they need to pick from the bottom of the pit. (Europe)

he is the best kicker in the world, thats why

Deano
Originally posted by Imagawa666
You were ranting on the religion forum about it in one of those armageedon threads!

i was friggin playing around, the thread was light hearted. nothing serious

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by Spearhead
be proud--better yet, use proper English!

Hate to burst your bubble, but there's a reason football/soccer isn't a mainstream sport in in the US--because not enough people like it. Now explain to me why we should be jealous that your country won a championship for a sport we don't all that much enjoy?

And before any of you soccer fans jump on my back, yes, I will acknoweledge that there is a large amount of soccer fans in the US. But there're more people who just don't care.

and thats your loss, you play your own games because your scared to lose. They are all for wimps anyway smile

aussie
wait is this still on american football and rugby? anyway i lyk american football but the players don't even think on their feet, they are told to do a sidestep so thats what they do, ****in idiots......and after they make a big hit they stop and ***** on about how good they are whereas in rugby ud have 2 get up and tackle another huge monster.....plus theres little tempo in american football- but of course i do lyk nfl cos its kinda like watching a movie seeing as how it drags on 4 sooooo long.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by aussie
wait is this still on american football and rugby? anyway i lyk american football but the players don't even think on their feet, they are told to do a sidestep so thats what they do, ****in idiots......and after they make a big hit they stop and ***** on about how good they are whereas in rugby ud have 2 get up and tackle another huge monster.....plus theres little tempo in american football- but of course i do lyk nfl cos its kinda like watching a movie seeing as how it drags on 4 sooooo long.

All true my antipodean friend!

peejay88
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

I'm ENGLISH not British, I hate that shit. And i dont care about the Ashes, Cricket's a crap Woman's game, tea breaks and bad light! Pfft! England rugby Union winning the World Cup too, i didn't care about that nor did anyone in the local area, Union's just an old fashioned under developed version of Rugby league. I have national pride but I hate that 'Bulldog spirit' bollocks. It's just so backward and gay.

jaden101
Originally posted by peejay88
I'm ENGLISH not British, I hate that shit. And i dont care about the Ashes, Cricket's a crap Woman's game, tea breaks and bad light! Pfft! England rugby Union winning the World Cup too, i didn't care about that nor did anyone in the local area, Union's just an old fashioned under developed version of Rugby league. I have national pride but I hate that 'Bulldog spirit' bollocks. It's just so backward and gay.

i know...it was particularly useless against the Germans in WW2

laughing

peejay88
i know...it was particularly useless against the Germans in WW2

laughing

All 'Bulldog spirit' is good for is getting the piss ripped out of us by Americans, but that's not what Englands about anymore, that was during the war, propaganda campaigns and stuff and anyway it's only southerners n old people that care about the queen and Royalty. And although this is off the track a bit, not everybody in England talks like Hugh Grant. Pfft. 'Bulldog spirit' did stop the germans though, battle of Britain, that gained Hitler's respect and made sure he wouldn't try and invade Britain, so meh!

jaden101
All 'Bulldog spirit' is good for is getting the piss ripped out of us by Americans, but that's not what Englands about anymore, that was during the war, propaganda campaigns and stuff and anyway it's only southerners n old people that care about the queen and Royalty. And not everybody in england talks like Hugh grant. Pfft

just be safe in the fact that as much as the yanks can take the piss out of us...they do boast about doing everything bigger...hence they have far more for us to take the piss out of

peejay88
just be safe in the fact that as much as the yanks can take the piss out of us...they do boast about doing everything bigger...hence they have far more for us to take the piss out of

laughing Yeah i suppose, but Americans are alright i suppose, so i wouldn't do that, and i feel sorry for them because we're their only Friends in the Global village.

jaden101
laughing Yeah i suppose, but Americans are alright i suppose, so i wouldn't do that, and i feel sorry for them because we're their only Friends in the Global village.

well...even Nelson in the Simpsons has friends...so i guess their is hope for the global bully yet

rugbyequipment1
hi ..
I am Professional Rugby Player. I am Looking for Rugby Fitness and Body Protection Equipment
Suppliers.I heard about Morrant(dot)com.If any one knows about this company,kindly reply this post.

jaden101
die spammer **** die...how's that for a reply

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

The monarchy should have been sorted out the same time the French sorted theirs out. Its silly and pathetic.

Not to mention the possibility that they might be blood drinking lizards.

As for sports, brits are good at inventing sports but crap at playing them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.