So I just finished watching Doom..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jayy
and I wasn't impressed what so ever. It took 1 1/2 hours to finally get to the first person shooter.

Wait for the DVD.

sad

MildPossession
Could we have more of a review about the movie, even if you didn't like it. I have to wait till 2nd of December.

BackFire
I'm going to go see it tonight.

stunna1773
i might see it tonight

jayy
1. Way too many curse words. F@@k, GD this GD that, NOT necessary!

2. Finally after 1 hour, some action.

3. Finally after 1 1/2 hours, you get to see the 1st person shooter.
(Keep in mind the film is only about 1 hour and 40 min. or so long)

4. They didn't use the BFG enough. (Big F@@king Gun) for those who
don't know what's up.

Wait for DVD!

Go watch Domino instead.

cool

alic88
doom is destined to be crap. The trailer looks nothing like how the game ever was

IRTMU-Dragon
The guy who posted has no idea what hes talking about.

Doom was awesome. I came into the theatre expecting a awesome action film, and it delivered all that in the doom package. It was excellent. The BFG was under-used, but only because the weapon is so powerful it would have destroyed all plot and broken the ending scene had he used it to the point it had no ammo. (its instant death to everything, he wouldve just been blowing up all the demons in like, 2 seconds with no challenge, the movie wouldve lost all coolness)

Second of all, I came into the theatre KNOWING the First Person scene was only about 4 minutes long, and it wasnt till near the end of the movie, unfortunatly for Javy, he came in thinking it was going to happen all the time, sorry it didnt, but just because you didnt get more First Person Scenes, doesnt mean this is a bad movie.

About the cussing? Yeah. Its a rated R movie. Get over it. Oh, and by the way, if your on mars, and demons are attacking, you wouldnt use the F word? Of course not. But dont blam the cusswords, you come into a rated R movie, your going to hear cussing, tell me a rated R movie that doesnt say the F word or God Damn.

The action scenes did not start after 1 hour, there were constant little jumps and chases and things happening the entire movie, you must be founding the "beggining" of all the action scenes when they stopped with all there dialogue. Grow some patience, if they had made the entire movie action, people would have gotten BORED.

If you dont go see it, congratulations, your just another stereotypical critic who bashes things without knowing what there talking about.

MildPossession
I decided when I first heard about it that I would wait till DVD, nothing is pulling me in to go and see it at the cinema.

zombieman
I'm going to see it on the cinema when it arrives over on these shores, purely for the reason that I've been a fan of the games for about 12 years now. I'm not expecting much at all, it will probably have about as much innovation as an 80s Van Damme flick. Furthermore, when has a movie based on a computer game ever been any good? Resident Evil is about the best I can think of, and I found that to be somewhere on the wrong side of mediocre.

jayy
Originally posted by IRTMU-Dragon
The guy who posted has no idea what hes talking about.

Doom was awesome. I came into the theatre expecting a awesome action film, and it delivered all that in the doom package. It was excellent. The BFG was under-used, but only because the weapon is so powerful it would have destroyed all plot and broken the ending scene had he used it to the point it had no ammo. (its instant death to everything, he wouldve just been blowing up all the demons in like, 2 seconds with no challenge, the movie wouldve lost all coolness)

Second of all, I came into the theatre KNOWING the First Person scene was only about 4 minutes long, and it wasnt till near the end of the movie, unfortunatly for Javy, he came in thinking it was going to happen all the time, sorry it didnt, but just because you didnt get more First Person Scenes, doesnt mean this is a bad movie.

About the cussing? Yeah. Its a rated R movie. Get over it. Oh, and by the way, if your on mars, and demons are attacking, you wouldnt use the F word? Of course not. But dont blam the cusswords, you come into a rated R movie, your going to hear cussing, tell me a rated R movie that doesnt say the F word or God Damn.

The action scenes did not start after 1 hour, there were constant little jumps and chases and things happening the entire movie, you must be founding the "beggining" of all the action scenes when they stopped with all there dialogue. Grow some patience, if they had made the entire movie action, people would have gotten BORED.

If you dont go see it, congratulations, your just another stereotypical critic who bashes things without knowing what there talking about.

Listen dip-shit, I know exactly what I'm talking about. I've played all the Doom/Quake games. The movie was NOTHING like the game. It took WAY TO MUCH time for ANYTHING to finally happen! More of the first-person shooter would have been great. I know my movies so f@@k off. Got it. End of story.

WAIT FOR DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SURE HOPE THEY SPEND MORE TIME AND USE MORE BRAINS FOR HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laughing

BackFire
I thought it was quite solid.

It had solid action, good gore, decent story for what it was. It moved along at a nice pace that didn't feel rushed, taking time to really pull out all the stops.

The Rock was pretty impressive.

And the First Person scene was the best part of the movie, excellent.

It was a bit slow, but I didn't mind. It woulda gotten boring if there was just constant shooting at demons, they did the right thing.

If you like the game, go check it out, it's worth seeing.

spencerspider
That movie sucked so bad, I might not even get it on dvd

MildPossession
Does Rosamund Pike have a big part/good part?

jayy
Originally posted by spencerspider
That movie sucked so bad, I might not even get it on dvd

^YUP^

shitshitDOOMshitshitWASN'T WORTH A shitshitshit!!!

Save your money for SAW II!! Ya heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thumbsup

Sorgo
Originally posted by jayy
^YUP^

thumbsup

Saw II will naturally be better because of it's brilliant storyline and movie schemes, but the acting may burn it.

Doom is action and horror. You don't mess with that kind of thing. Doom is awesome. It doesn't matter how gay the acting is or how lame the storyline is, DOOM is just.... DOOM!

jayy
Originally posted by Sorgo
Saw II will naturally be better because of it's brilliant storyline and movie schemes, but the acting may burn it.

Doom is action and horror. You don't mess with that kind of thing. Doom is awesome. It doesn't matter how gay the acting is or how lame the storyline is, DOOM is just.... DOOM!

DOOM the game F@@king rocked. All of them.

THE MOVIE SSSSUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKEEEEDDDDD!!!!!

BBBBBBBAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eek!

b-dan
and I wasn't impressed what so ever. It took 1 1/2 hours to finally get to the first person shooter.

Wait for the DVD.

sad who cares about the first person shooter plz dont tell me thats why u went to see it

b-dan
Listen dip-shit, I know exactly what I'm talking about. I've played all the Doom/Quake games. The movie was NOTHING like the game. It took WAY TO MUCH time for ANYTHING to finally happen! More of the first-person shooter would have been great. I know my movies so f@@k off. Got it. End of story.

WAIT FOR DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SURE HOPE THEY SPEND MORE TIME AND USE MORE BRAINS FOR HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laughing same with the resedent evil movies i found them nothing like the games but doom looks sweet who cares 1 hour of no action u need to haf 1 hour of shit to tell you wat going on i call them the information or imporrtant parts of the movies and domino is basically the same it looks like shit but im gonna see it just cuz christopher walken is in it if it wrent for him i would of been drivin away from it and i agree who gives a shit about the games not alot of ppl i know haf x box and they dont buy games for there computer and halo is gonna be shit there making a movie on a shitty game it wont even be cool ill see it to laugh at it how can u make a movie on that game and think its cool all u hear is little high pitch voices of aliens screaming when master cheif comes into attack

BackFire
^YUP^

thumbsup

Saw II will suck, just like the original.

I bet I'll enjoy Doom more.

tabby999
Jayy, you dont have to agree with anyone, but do you have to call everyone dipshits and morons.

Solo
Saw 2 being better than Doom? I think not.

jayy
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough!

DOOM WAS A WASTE OF MONEY.

THE ROCK WAS NOT THE HERO IN THE MOVIE.

HE WAS A POWER HUNGRY EGOTISTICAL DUMBASS.

THE MONSTERS FROM THE MOVIE DIDN'T EVEN COMPARE TO THE VIDEO GAME.

I DIDN'T EXPECT THE WHOLE MOVIE TO BE IN FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. I JUST EXPECTED MORE THAN 4 OR 5 MINUTES. PLEASE!

THE SCENES WERE TO JUMPY.

WE NEEDED JUST A LITTLE MORE OF THE BFG.

It had potential but failed miserably.

Everyone here can go see it and say what they want.

IT WAS NOTHING-NOTHING-NOTHING-NOTHING LIKE THE VIDEO GAME.

It was supposed to be a movie based on a video game right?

I give it and F.

FAIL

IT SUCKED SO DEAL WITH IT AND PLAY QUAKE 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laughing

IRTMU-Dragon
Jayy, if you cant be an appropriate critic and tell us why it sucked other than the reasons of your ignorance, than im sorry.

You made yourself clear. But why do you think we care about your opinion? You act as if its the only one that matters.

And if you were ANY fan of the Doom or Quake series as you said you were, you wouldve ATLEAST given it credit for being part of ID Softwares lineup, and hope they make money off it. But I guess not.

It had potential, but failed? Ok, how would you have done it?

Let me guess, you wouldve had the rock be this powerful guy who finds the BFG right when the movie begins, have him waste his entire ammo clip in the first 10 minutes of the film, then have it go to first person for about 20 minutes, then switch it to demons breaking out of hell, then pull it back to first person, then let me guess, youd have the rock find more bfg ammo and shoot more Demons, right?

Your opinion is hardly based, and I thought the Hell Knights matched up pretty well with Doom 2 and 3, and they made perfect Doom 3 to movie Imps. Oh, and I knew the rock wasnt the hero, he passed up the lead role because Sarge sounded more interesting, plus he got to fire the BFG.

The scenes were to jumpy? How would you do the scenes in a Rated R horror/action film?

Sorgo
DOOM the game F@@king rocked. All of them.

THE MOVIE SSSSUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKEEEEDDDDD!!!!!

BBBBBBBAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eek!

I'll tell you when the damn discussion is over, Boy.

Here's your big trampling and intriguing arguement on how Doom sucked:

"zOMFG!11111!!!ONE!1111!!! DOOM SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKEEEED!

IT JUST..... SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Well, I am glad I am done doing th..... SUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEDDDDD.

Go big or go home.

MildPossession
Am I the only one finding it funny that he complained about the swearing? Just take a look at his posts...

BackFire
anyways, there's a thread on this in the sci fi section.

closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.