Immortal Technique-BBkings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

i was at the immortal technique show at bbkings here in nyc last night and it was the greatest shit ever. Between rhymes he'd get the crowd to fall silent and then he made these inspiratiional speeches. Everybody in that freakin room was ready to storm out onto the street and just get this revolution going right then and there. Immortal Technique for president 2008.

Akir and PackFM were probabaly the other two guys who really killed it. Wasn't really feelin' diabolic or sean p though. C rayz wasn't a great performer but his lines are sick. Really hot night, i hope he comes back to nyc for a couple shows soon

-hh-
Akir is the so-called "next Nas". hopefully he becomes that. PackFM is great too. QN5 has a nice set of mc's. Good to see it was a good show thumb up

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by 113
i was at the immortal technique show at bbkings here in nyc last night and it was the greatest shit ever. Between rhymes he'd get the crowd to fall silent and then he made these inspiratiional speeches. Everybody in that freakin room was ready to storm out onto the street and just get this revolution going right then and there. Immortal Technique for president 2008.

Akir and PackFM were probabaly the other two guys who really killed it. Wasn't really feelin' diabolic or sean p though. C rayz wasn't a great performer but his lines are sick. Really hot night, i hope he comes back to nyc for a couple shows soon

Why in Brooklyn? Why not da Bronx? sad

Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Why in Brooklyn? Why not da Bronx? sad

huh?

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud Why couldn't they perform in the Bronx, I meant

Wolf Dog
Aren't they the same place? Man you're so lucky to be living up there. So many great musical acts do exclusive shows up there. I would be at shows every night. smokin'

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Aren't they the same place? Man you're so lucky to be living up there. So many great musical acts do exclusive shows up there. I would be at shows every night. smokin'

laughing out loud Brooklyn and Bronx are 2 different places

Deathblow
Did C-Rayz wear that weird mask? eek!

Phat J
i didnt know he wore a mask, thats funny.

edwinian
Originally posted by 113

true talent. peruvian cocaine is my mixtape headnodder #1. and its been that way since 2002. heat.

Inspectah Deck
I like the beat in that song

Phat J
ya know what its from?

koolruningz
The hook is from the movie Scarface when Tony first goes to meet Sosa. I've been trying for ages to find out the name of it but its not on the soundtrack. Great track though, my fav IT song.

Phat J
yeah the intro is from the thing on t.v. when theyre talkin about drugs and whatnot.

koolruningz
Quite right sir. smart

Phat J
amazing i remembered that smokin'

koolruningz
smokin' works in mysterious ways my friend.

Phat J
in ways we'll never understand

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Phat J
ya know what its from?

Tell me

koolruningz
We already did, its from the movie Scarface.

Inspectah Deck
Tell me some more smile

koolruningz
Some more what?

Inspectah Deck
Of Peruvian Cocaine

koolruningz
Have you heard the track?

Inspectah Deck
yes

koolruningz
Then i dont understand what you want more of. Do you want to know where the various samples are from?

Inspectah Deck
yes

koolruningz
The first sample is from Scarface, like Phat said its from when Sosa, Tony and a few others are watching the TV. The hook is from Scarface, the music that plays when Tony first goes to meet Sosa. The final sample is Wesley Snipes from New Jack City. Hope that answers your questions.

Inspectah Deck
Thanks Kool!

koolruningz
You're welcome.

Inspectah Deck
Bueno

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.