REX's Random Interesting Facts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
This is where we can all post random interesting background facts about names, scenes, characters, so on and so forth.

I'll kick it off with Commander Cody's name!

Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen was a band during the 70's that had a hit song called 'Hot Rod Lincoln.' Knowing Georgie, he probably liked this song, being the racer that he was back in the day. Also, the name of the band sounds a bit spacey, eh?

(moved this from the Ep3 forum because of pure idiotism there...)

Darth_Glentract
THX-1138 is used as a Stormtrooper designation becuase it was the name of the movie that got George the status needed to make SW.

Darth_Veav
Darth Vader died in Episode 6.

Captain REX
Gee, Veav, I think you should join the Ep3 idiots who ruined the first one. *kicks*

Darth_Veav
Originally posted by Captain REX
Gee, Veav, I think you should join the Ep3 idiots who ruined the first one. *kicks*

Ow! Damn that hurt! At least that doesn't hurt like REX's MP5...

Captain REX
That's in the shop. wink

Fierce Deity
Originally posted by Captain REX
This is where we can all post random interesting background facts about names, scenes, characters, so on and so forth.

I'll kick it off with Commander Cody's name!

Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen was a band during the 70's that had a hit song called 'Hot Rod Lincoln.' Knowing Georgie, he probably liked this song, being the racer that he was back in the day. Also, the name of the band sounds a bit spacey, eh?

(moved this from the Ep3 forum because of pure idiotism there...)

Oh... I thought it had to do with COMMANDO CODY...

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by Fierce Deity
Oh... I thought it had to do with COMMANDO CODY...

Agreed!

Darth Traya
Obi-Wan is the father of Darth Revan, who is the best friend of Trooper 987-Alpha.

Darth Avis
All Jedi take drugs. Qui gon is a hippy. obi wan is a drinker. Mace is black. Yoda sounds like he took a very nasty smoke. etc

Darth Traya
Darth Vader's is the son of Ysalakdaf!

Darth Avis
my mom played the part of Padme.

Deus Ex
They crammed a midget into that tincan to play Artoo.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Deus Ex
They crammed a midget into that tincan to play Artoo.

Mech Vader has a big, bad voice.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Darth_Veav
Darth Vader died in Episode 6.

Anakin died in Episode III

Darth Avis
and was reborn in episode 6

DrDoom101
exactly

Sorgo
Since you fools are ruining this thread, I outta say something.

After Queen Amidala talked to the senate and she causes uproar. You can see a senate pod with three E.T. Senators in it.

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e1coru35.htm

No hoax, folks.

Deus Ex
Try hosting it at Imageshack, dude. Didn't show.

Darth Traya
Are you sure that you're not confusing them with Ithorians?

Gryn Jabar
There's a kitchen sink floating around in the ep3 opening battle.

Deus Ex
No, there's ET in the movie.

Illustrious
ET is in the movie.

Sorgo
http://swg.stratics.com/content/news/images/et.jpg

zOMG!

Tangible God
I'm amazed they're not munching M+M's.

SS_181st_Snow
Don't you mean Reeces Pieces? mmmm....

Fierce Deity
SS, long time, no see.

Fierce Deity
Originally posted by Sorgo
http://swg.stratics.com/content/news/images/et.jpg

zOMG!

WTF! blink

Zachara
Well, it kinda makes sense. In the ET movie, doesn't the little alien try to go with a costume of Yoda on Halloween? Maybe Lucas was just having fun.

overlord
No, it's canon.

The ET coming to earth is from the Star Wars universe. There is no denying that as movies are hold in highest regard possible.
But as SW takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far away we must assume that the ET's are the most adaptible species there is to have survived for so long.
Now that is an interesting random fact!

Ushgarak
C3-P0 and R2-D2 made it to Earth as well, to judge by the Well of Souls.

overlord
As long as it's canon mister Ushgarak.

Captain REX
Wow, why I bothered making this thread anywhere is beyond me... messed

Darth Avis
No one can be serious.

Deus Ex
I was serious!

They cram a midget into the Artoo Deetwo outfit!

Darth Avis
really????????????????? wow.

Tangible God
It's true, have you ever seen Kenny Baker? Tiny.

Just like Warwick davis.

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by overlord
No, it's canon.

The ET coming to earth is from the Star Wars universe. There is no denying that as movies are hold in highest regard possible.
But as SW takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far away we must assume that the ET's are the most adaptible species there is to have survived for so long.
Now that is an interesting random fact!

I've been dying to ask...are you really supershadow, or are you just a jackass who's kidding around.

overlord
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
I've been dying to ask...are you really supershadow, or are you just a jackass who's kidding around.

laughing

Sorgo
Originally posted by Ushgarak
C3-P0 and R2-D2 made it to Earth as well, to judge by the Well of Souls.

The Well of Souls? That's a Freeware game I used to play 24/7.

Damn, I haven't played that for years.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Sorgo
The Well of Souls? That's a Freeware game I used to play 24/7.

And it's the room where Indiana Jones discovers the Ark of the Covenant in "Raiders of the lost Ark".

Just to come back to the topic:

- one of the police cars from Blade Runner is shown in the traffic on coruscant in TPM (cut in because the Millenium Falcon is used as part of a building in Blade Runner)
- in AotC you can see three TIE fighters chasing an X-Wing through a trench in Coruscants traffic (when Obi-Wan and Anakin are chasing the headhunter).
- Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) can be seen without his costume in AotC. He's the man that turns around directly after Obi-Wan cut the arm of the headhuntress off.

Actually there is much of that stuff in any Lucasfilm production.

Ogami Itto
the original emperor is played by a woman!
seriously.

General Zink
An old woman with monkey eyes and a completely different voice actor than Ian McDiarmid, no less.

jollyjim311
The Origional casting for Chewbacca was Peter Mayhew without the costume, but they decided he was too scaryhttp://www.ez-entertainment.net/carpet/PeterMayhewCC.JPG

Captain REX
Um...actually, there was always going to be a costume. blink

jollyjim311
I know, i t was supposed to be a joke. Look at the guy.*shivers*

G. Luc. got the inspiration for Chewy from his dog.

Captain REX
He just needs a haircut. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Nai Fohl

Just to come back to the topic:

Actually, my Well of Souls comment WAS on-topic...

Bespin Bart
Hurray for Ush!

Meh, I have nothing interesting to provide...except for that Ahmed Best was in the Outlander with Anthony Daniels in AOTC, unmasked. As was Jeromy Bulloch, Boba Fett's masked actor, playing one of the personnel on Bail Organa's ship. I think he had a line too.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Actually, my Well of Souls comment WAS on-topic...

Oops. Sorry...

Zachara
Bah, I know some porbably already known stuff, but whatever...

- The twin suns of Tatooine are actually a desert illisusion done by our own planet. Kinda like a mirage and Lucas filmed it. Though did you know that hypathetically, Two Suns could really exist around one planet? All in the Science of Star Wars speacial on Discovery.

- Liea was going to be the origianl main character of Star Wars and she would end up finding Luke, but then Lucas changed his mind and went with Luke instead. Though Luke's original last name was Starkiller and at one point Lucas had Han Solo with green skin.

That's all I got right now.

Darth Takáta
a mini millenium falcon was in the opening sequence of ep111 as well

Sorgo
Sidious is black.

Darth Takáta
lol

Darth Koroni
In on early script of Star Wars the Jedi Bondai (Or something along the lines of that.) Fought the Evil Sith Knights. Now aren't we all glad that Lucas made it seem less like a blatant rip-off of westerns and samurai flicks?

Borbarad
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
Now aren't we all glad that Lucas made it seem less like a blatant rip-off of westerns and samurai flicks?

He did ?!?

jollyjim311
Luke and Leia were origionally going to be midgets.

overlord
The wookies were originally from Yavin and they were tought how to fly x-wings, and they were the ones who originally blew up the death star.
And that is not a weak joke!

Bespin Bart
In on early script of Star Wars the Jedi Bondai (Or something along the lines of that.) Fought the Evil Sith Knights. Now aren't we all glad that Lucas made it seem less like a blatant rip-off of westerns and samurai flicks?

The Jedi Bendu and the Sith Knights of...something, yeah.

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Borbarad
He did ?!?

Well, theoreticaly. I mean the Jedi were less like Samurai, ands more like preechy, manipulative, hypocritical bastards. I like the Sith because they don't paper over their bloodlust with idiotic codes and tradition.

Ushgarak
And there's another one claimed for the Dark Side. Poor George.

bobcrickett
*shakes head*

overlord

eek! Read the damn first script! It's more science fiction than you think! It's a damn interesting story, though a bit too long to be on the big screen.. http://www.starwarz.com/starkiller/scripts/thestarwars_rough_draft.htm
Don't bother reading the other ones, they suck. But the first one is real good!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.