einstines formula E=MC2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhishekdwivedi
what actually you understand by E=MC2,
hellow guies, what actually you understand by albert einstines this formula. please give a general explanation.. and if u will touch the base of the concept that how einstine think so then really that will b thing of appreciation... ok then all the best..

Hit_and_Miss
energy = mass x speed of light squared....

Its too long to go into what this means....
But this website should help...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E%3Dmc2

Princess Diana
All it shows is energy and mass are the same thing, it means quantaties are conserved but mass/energy may change. Simple really!
and not very long to explain at all.

Mindship
It means (for example) a dollar bill turned completely into energy could destroy a small city. Big bang for a buck wink

Hit_and_Miss
thats hardly and explanation of what it means whirly.... sure you summed it up in one line, but you didn't give much in the way of its practical applications...

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
thats hardly and explanation of what it means whirly.... sure you summed it up in one line, but you didn't give much in the way of its practical applications...

It means a small quantity of Uranium can give you a big bang roll eyes (sarcastic) Doh
That was its first practical application.

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Mindship
It means (for example) a dollar bill turned completely into energy could destroy a small city. Big bang for a buck wink

exactly smile sorry didn't see you post mind ship

Hit_and_Miss
you know it holds more then to just explain explosives...

Princess Diana
you know it holds more then to just explain explosives...

thats its first principle and its not explosives per say if you understood either Mindships or my two posts you'd now that.
Fission reactors use this equation.
laughing out loud

Mindship
I agree 100% that it means more than explosives--though I believe on most science shows when they intro the concept you usually see that b/w 1940s footage of a HUGE mushroom cloud dwarfing those itty-bitty battleships (always an impressive sight).

e=mc^2 ultimately points to how everything is connected, nature has many forms. My understanding is that They are working on a modulus of transformation for mass and space. Now wouldnt that be cool.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Princess Diana
thats its first principle and its not explosives per say if you understood either Mindships or my two posts you'd now that.
Fission reactors use this equation.

I understand alot, but others don't... and simple.. "Small thing can give big energy" don't cut as an explanation here bub!

Mindship was a lot more descriptive than yours... the threader might understand something from his posts

Hegemon875
I thought this was the welcome thread..

Princess Diana
I understand alot, but others don't... and simple.. "Small thing can give big energy" don't cut as an explanation here bub!

Mindship was a lot more descriptive than yours... the threader might understand something from his posts

you understood nothing - thats why you googled wiki laughing out loud
mindships description was good but said no more - it was longersmile
I gave a first principle = Key laughing out loud

Hit_and_Miss
I gave wiki as a site to look up... Stop twisting what I say, its getting boring and annoying having to reply to your trolling, all cause I don't want to take your word as golden....

The threader obviously doesn't know alot about it... so giving him a short explanation won't help!yes

Princess Diana
I gave wiki as a site to look up... Stop twisting what I say, its getting boring and annoying having to reply to your trolling, all cause I don't want to take your word as golden....

The threader obviously doesn't know alot about it... so giving him a short explanation won't help!yes

is that right - but, you know so much more

laughing

Hit_and_Miss
oh whirly! I do enjoy our debates!

lol

xyz jedi
E doesn't =mc2

E=mv2

because E=Fd, F=ma, a=v/t so E=mvd/t and d/t=v so E=mvv or mv2.

none of this light bullshit. That's energy from the sun you f**king idiots.

Hit_and_Miss
/\/\ lol

E kinetic=1/2MV2.....

All of earths top scientist VS a 13 year old... Kid don't go running your mouth about stuff you haven't even learned at school yet...

Your not going to re-write physics... E=mc2..... Period..

xyz jedi
c=speed o light??? light2*mass??? seems pretty dumb to me.
I'd rather you explain to me why I'm wrong instead of saying "Einstein said so, he's always right wa wa wa"

(sarcastic)

Hit_and_Miss
Again.... Your 13, You will be taught in due time.... You don't even understand what your talking about....

E refers to the total energy that can be released by an object of that mass... but not all energy is released from an object in reactions...

Take a fire... A 1 stick of wood burning doesn't release all of its energy... as there is still energy in bonds of the atoms holding the ash together, but there is no way of easily releasing this energy.

You will be taught all of this in due time... Or you could go read up on E=MC2 on some websites or books.

Calling people "f**king idiots" cause you think something is incorrect when you know nothing makes you the "f**king idiot"

xyz jedi
you know it is only a thoery

xyz jedi
and me bein' thirteen doesn't mean I'm an idiot, just ignorant.

Hit_and_Miss
Oh here we go...

Look admit your wrong and move on.. theres lot of theories that goven half your life... can you prove that your actually exist?? or this isn't someones dream??

E=MC2 has been proven time and time again, can you even give a reason why it isn't a fact??

Sorry, but if someone insults me cause hes ignorant.. I would concider him an Idiot...

xyz jedi
you're a little imature for a 20 year old

xyz jedi
also i am probably wrong i think.

eggmayo
So why argue about it?
Seems entirely stupid to me.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by xyz jedi
you're a little imature for a 20 year old

So you come here, call everyone "****ing idiots" and then confess your wrong... then you call me imature??? for what? correcting you? proving your wrong? or perhaps because I disagreed with you...

Perhaps you just shouldn't run your mouth about things you don't understand?

Whurlysplat

Perhaps you just shouldn't run your mouth about things you don't understand?

So please explain to be simply in your own words how E=MC2 fits into critical mass smile

Hit_and_Miss
Critical mass is the smallest amount of radioactive material needed to create a nuclear reaction...
To create a successful reaction the amount of energy needed is entered into the formula, which will give the amount of mass to react...

Very brief... but its been 3 years since physics A-levels wink I'll be glad to hear your corrections

Whurlysplat
Critical mass is the smallest amount of radioactive material needed to create a nuclear reaction...
To create a successful reaction the amount of energy needed is entered into the formula, which will give the amount of mass to react...

Very brief... but its been 3 years since physics A-levels wink I'll be glad to hear your corrections

kind off although it would never be used this way as other equations work better
for calculating critical mass, its better for working out yield - Thats how Feynman and Oppenheimer did it anyway. Kind of a trick question really.

Do you know why Einstein is considered a bit of a plaguist over E = MC2 its interesting. If your twenty one why are you chatting up fifteen year old girls?

Hit_and_Miss
plaguist? whats that mean.... if you mean why Einstein could be considered a plaguist, I think I read about it a couple of years ago... I believe it comes from him working in a patents office combined with the fact he had no real qualifications in the fields of his work... and they think he got his ideas from patents people brought in... (I will have to re-read that book... real good read)

Chatting up 15 year old girls??! Thats abit out of the blue!! I talk to alot of people here... I don't hide my age wink(or my sex for that matter!), or my where I come from... I'm not trying to virtual date at all!

Whurlysplat
plaguist? whats that mean.... if you mean why Einstein could be considered a plaguist, I think I read about it a couple of years ago... I believe it comes from him working in a patents office combined with the fact he had no real qualifications in the fields of his work... and they think he got his ideas from patents people brought in... (I will have to re-read that book... real good read)

Chatting up 15 year old girls??! Thats abit out of the blue!! I talk to alot of people here... I don't hide my age wink(or my sex for that matter!), or my where I come from... I'm not trying to virtual date at all!

actually E =mc2 is derived from other peoples equations but he gives them no credit - I can't remember who I know Newton did E = D mc2 others took this further

Hit_and_Miss
thats if you can prove he knew about them... He did a series of papers on statistical mechanics only to find that j. willard gibbs had done it already....

Do you know what his first papers were about???

Whurlysplat
thats if you can prove he knew about them... He did a series of papers on statistical mechanics only to find that j. willard gibbs had done it already....

Do you know what his first papers were about???

he knew about it the work was published before him he made some quote about plagurism later on I will look for it on google at some point It will all be there its pretty famous stuffsmile

Hit_and_Miss
I don't know then! its like the telephone... Who created that?? theres about 4 people who claim to have been copied by the others...

Well if they didn't come to the conclusions themselves after getting soo close they must be kicking themselves!!! I guess he was the first to actually write it down though! Its not like its the only thing he came out with...

His first paper was on physics of fluids in drinking straws... lol

Whurlysplat
I don't know then! its like the telephone... Who created that?? theres about 4 people who claim to have been copied by the others...

Well if they didn't come to the conclusions themselves after getting soo close they must be kicking themselves!!! I guess he was the first to actually write it down though! Its not like its the only thing he came out with...

His first paper was on physics of fluids in drinking straws... lol

I remember Feynman did a critique on E=Mc2 because it is a limited Equation better derivations exist now

xyz jedi
just so you know:
power equalls mv2 over time
power also equalls E over time
see the relationship? It all makes sense. E=mv2. I mean light and mass is like shit and cake. Don't mix.
and Kenetic energy 1/2mv2??? if it's kenetic (at rest) there is no velocity so it would be 0. It just seems unplausable. P=Fv or mav, E=mvv or mv2

Hit_and_Miss
Kinetic energy = 1/2mv2 is a given formula...
I think you need to go talk to your school teachers... Your obviously confused and need to recap some basic things... You seem to be hell bend to trying to disprove given scientific principles..

Whurlysplat
Kinetic energy = 1/2mv2 is a given formula...
I think you need to go talk to your school teachers... Your obviously confused and need to recap some basic things... You seem to be hell bend to trying to disprove given scientific principles..

hell bent perhaps but I agree with you smile

xyz jedi
sorry i was high, 'n' mistaken, 'n' taught poorly bout kenetic NRG

pinsleepe
Oh ****. You're so stupid.

Cletus_Kasady

Cletus_Kasady
The equation resulted from Albert Einstein's inquiry into the dependence of mass on its energy content. The famous result of this inquiry is that the mass of a body is actually a measure of its energy content. To understand the significance of this relationship, compare the electromagnetic force with the gravitational force. In electromagnetism, energy is contained in the fields (electric and magnetic) associated with the force and not in the charges. In gravitation, the energy is contained in the matter itself. It is not a coincidence that mass bends spacetime, while the charges of the other three fundamental forces do not.

Cletus_Kasady

xyz jedi
90,000,000,000,000 (90 billion joules) ??? In one kilogram??? I weigh 9st which is 56.7kg so I have 5,103,000,000,000,000 joules? Which is 5,103 terajoules (TJ) ??? or even 5.103 petajoules (PJ) ??? That's an aweful lot if you ask me

Hit_and_Miss
Yup its alot of energy.. Theres just no way of tapping into it...

The best nuclear bomb only converts about 1% of its mass into energy....

xyz jedi
WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

xyz jedi
WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Now I know you're bullshitting. How the **** can that be possible?

xyz jedi
(problem with posting)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.