Child Support.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tha C-Master
I as a responsible man, believe that a man should be there for his kids, or vice versa with the woman. I had a father that hardly paid child support, which is inexusable.

I do, however have a BIG problem with it. Its not done fairly.

Why should I, if I made a large share per year, pay something like 30,000 a month to pay for the cost of living of a child, if he doesn't live with me, he isn't going to live like I live, period. I love him to death, but if the woman and her boyfriend decide to live in apartment, thats how the child lives, not like a millionare.

I should pay for the child, not the mothers light bill, her new outfit, or her new car.

I feel that the system needs to be redone in that aspect.

Thoughts, concerns?

Debate, poll, and discuss.

Bardock42
I am not swure how actually the system works..but I agree the money is meant to support the child not the mother......so it should be that way....now if the Father is relatively rich maybe a Bank Account just for the kid should be established......it's really not the responsebility of the father to take care of the mother.

Tha C-Master
Thats what I mean, you have some goldiggers out there.

If I live like a millionare I don't think the mother should, its not fair.

Oh the system works by taking a portion of your money basically.

Some celebrities give enough for a month that 2 people could live off of in a year.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Thats what I mean, you have some goldiggers out there.

If I live like a millionare I don't think the mother should, its not fair.

Oh the system works by taking a portion of your money basically.

Some celebrities give enough for a month that 2 people could live off of in a year.

Yeah I guess that's not fair...at least if that part of the income goes to the Mother and she can do with it whatever she pleases.

Tha C-Master
Basically, there's no regulations or ANYTHING on how its spent. I don't want to give my money without being POSITIVE that its going to the right thing.

debbiejo
I know women who pay child support also.

Tha C-Master
Of course, but I also know women who don't take care of their kids and the men are responsible.

Its a majority men that leave the women with the children, not all are responsible, nor rich.

I was more concerned about the method and manner that child support is handled in.

Otaku
I saw this Japanese movie...No One Knows...true story...mother meets a guy falls in love leaves the house,leaves the kids behind...take full child support for herself.Kids try to make it on their own.Lasted for a year thill they got caught and were a adopted or put in an orphanage.Good movie the 14 year old main character won the Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival.

debbiejo
Of course, but I also know women who don't take care of their kids and the men are responsible.

Its a majority men that leave the women with the children, not all are responsible, nor rich.

I was more concerned about the method and manner that child support is handled in.

I agree....seen many that abuse the money for other things...and I've known men that also make it harder on the women by not sending payment until the very very last court appointed moment and then some...just for pay backs.....

It is an overwhelming system that handles these claims...here when someone doesn't pay...It's posted in the paper....they are also extradited from other states in placed in jail for awhile.....

There seems to be some revamping of the system, though I think checks are garnished...yes?....But isn't this a government program?...If it is...then that's the problem..

DanRfan
It should be redone for the sake of fairness. < that is what i think

soleran30
Originally posted by Bardock42
I am not swure how actually the system works..but I agree the money is meant to support the child not the mother......so it should be that way....now if the Father is relatively rich maybe a Bank Account just for the kid should be established......it's really not the responsebility of the father to take care of the mother.

Child support is weird C-Master already spoke about the intricacies. It needs to be monitored and if you are rich you shouldn't be made to open a separate "trust" account for that child.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by debbiejo
I agree....seen many that abuse the money for other things...and I've known men that also make it harder on the women by not sending payment until the very very last court appointed moment and then some...just for pay backs.....

It is an overwhelming system that handles these claims...here when someone doesn't pay...It's posted in the paper....they are also extradited from other states in placed in jail for awhile.....

There seems to be some revamping of the system, though I think checks are garnished...yes?....But isn't this a government program?...If it is...then that's the problem.. Yea, the guys are no more noble if they are holding off to get at the woman, they are only hurting the child. sad

Spelljammer
Child support is stupid, it's true single parents should be given a cut of money. But ussualy the parent who's supposed to fund does it half-ass, then there's un-needed tension the child has to go through, and there (as always in these parenting cases) major gender discrimination.

Why not just do something simple for once in America's God-damn life and just cut them a state check every month? It's not like taxes go to anything useful anyway..

soleran30
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Child support is stupid, it's true single parents should be given a cut of money. But ussualy the parent who's supposed to fund does it half-ass, then there's un-needed tension the child has to go through, and there (as always in these parenting cases) major gender discrimination.

Why not just do something simple for once in America's God-damn life and just cut them a state check every month? It's not like taxes go to anything useful anyway..

Wow thas a borderline liberal statement there eek!

Spelljammer
Originally posted by soleran30
Wow thas a borderline liberal statement there eek!
Don't go there! *snapsnap!* stick out tongue

Tha C-Master

Why not just do something simple for once in America's God-damn life and just cut them a state check every month? It's not like taxes go to anything useful anyway.. Interesting point.

Capt_Fantastic

!

BackFire
Child support = Yes.

Vaginamony = Hell no.

Tha C-Master
vaginamony,lol.

whobdamandog

I feel what you are saying..but as a single parent myself I do understand why many women get as much as they do. Child rearing is a stressful/thankless job.

I do however, believe that the courts need to put a cap on the amount of money that is administered to the child, particularly if the parent who has custody of the child is making a six figure income.

I've seen some situations where one custodial parent is making close to 100 grand..and the non-custodial is making only about 45..however they are still required to pay at least 1/4 of their income to the custodial. Real silly stuff.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by whobdamandog
I feel what you are saying..but as a single parent myself I do understand why many women get as much as they do. Child rearing is a stressful/thankless job.

Yea, but the joy of having the child, SHOULD be worth more than the feeling of having a fat check in ones hands.

I feel that the best thank you is to see your child have food on the table, you know?

My thing is that lets say, Michael Jordan, he was going to divorce and pay 200 million, thats absolutely absurd.

Love doesn't come in dollar amounts.

I do however, believe that the courts need to put a cap on the amount of money that is administered to the child, particularly if the parent who has custody of the child is making a six figure income. It should also be a way to note where the money is going to, and if its being managed responsibly.

Also have a authority figure checking in to make sure the money is managed correctly.

I've seen some situations where one custodial parent is making close to 100 grand..and the non-custodial is making only about 45..however they are still required to pay at least 1/4 of their income to the custodial. Real silly stuff. Yep.

big gay kirk

Bardock42
I don't think that C-Master meant something like payin g the electric bill actully......probably more like buying luxuries that really don't benefit the child but only the Mother/Father

Darth Jello
How about this, the payer must pay the set amount, the payee must submit his/her receipts and expenses on a monthley basis. I the payer feels that his/her money is being used frivolously, he can take it up with a court appointed rep or a judge.

Tha C-Master
Sounds better than what is going on now...

WindDancer
Child Support isn't just about money. Is about providing an adequate life for the children. You also have take into consideration that a child also needs a future. So you can't just say food, clothes, home and thats it! No, it also involves education, health, and maybe recreation. However, Child support fraud should be penalized heavily. Specially if the kid doesn't belong to the father and is actually the son of another guy.

Capt_Fantastic
Many times, child support is awarded in higher amounts than are needed. Granted, it costs a lot to feed, house and clothe a child. But, take my step-father for example. He had twin boys from his first marriage. He paid 530 bucks a month, per kid! Do the math, that's 1060 bucks a month. It's odd isn't it? His ex wife never had a job. On top of the fact that she had remarried herself, and he had a full time job. In this case, there was a serious need for the situation to be re-examined...from a legal standpoint. But, he never did anything. After he married my mother, his ex made it more and more difficult to for him to see his kids. About a year after he and my mother got married, she took the boys and moved to Florida.

Now, there are some situations where child support is a legitimate need, by the child and the mother....or, perhaps the child and the father. But, there are sooo many cases in which it is simply used a means for the mother or father to be lazy...and rub the court order in the face of the other parent. But, in this country...the problems are part of the deal. We do everything half-assed, and a lot of people out there are paying money for no good reason. A lot of the solutions mentioned here would work towards solving the problems of abuse of the system. But, that would require the government to spend money on something...like jobs, benefits for those people... etc.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by WindDancer
Child Support isn't just about money. Is about providing an adequate life for the children. You also have take into consideration that a child also needs a future. So you can't just say food, clothes, home and thats it! No, it also involves education, health, and maybe recreation. However, Child support fraud should be penalized heavily. Specially if the kid doesn't belong to the father and is actually the son of another guy. But education and time is something you can't physically give anymore if you are a far distance away from your child and the mother, ESPECIALLY if its because of one of her lovers intentions.

However, I do agree that a child is more than cash, which is what I came to points with on whobdamandog.

I can hand a child money, but without time and affection, he might as be with someone less well off who can take care of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.