Who is most original psychic X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wannabe
Since there was alot of confusion with psionic luver's threads (psionic or psychic...), i represent this one with a slightly different focus.

WHO IS THE MOST ORIGINAL PSYCHIC MUTANT IN YOUR OPINION???

Attention...I'm not asking for most powerful or favourite here, it's about character, complexity and/or ability variations etc.!!! Please try to be as objective as possible!

Professor X
Phoenix
Emma Frost
Sage
Psylocke
Selene
Cable
X-Man
Marvel Girl
Franklin Richards
Exodus
Stepford Cuckoos
Hellion
Mastermind
REM

GalacticStorm
I know a lot of people are going to say the Stepford Cuckoos but the name itself tells you that theyre far from an original concept.

True to form im gonna say Phoenix lol.

Phoenix_Avatar9
in a large scale id say phoenix cuz of her sheer skill and power, but i looove the way Emma uses her telepathy prolly my 2nd to 3rd favorite character ever! (bliss buttons, schooling rachel w/ finesse), i love Psylockes cool use of her teke, Sage is cool even though shes of limited versatility, her mind is impregnable, Rachel always pops up with something new *where the hell did that come from* and i just adore Dani, using her quasi-tp powers in cool ways like the psychic arrows and weapons, and i love how in X-Men the end she was revived with a hybrid of Cheyenne/ Asgardian powers, theyre all the best in my book

Wabot47
I would also have to say Phoenix.

Disappear
franklin richards. not as psi-lord, but as a child.

bahhh_yeti
Xavier can read, control, and influence human minds, and cast illusions. He can also detect the presence of other mutants so hes most original in my eyes

nathan summers
Even with the limitations of the techno-organic virus, when he had it, Nathan became one of the most accomplished psionic talents. He went from using his powers wastefully and clumsily in battle to exploiting those talents with utter precision.

Disappear
AND THEN he had his bionic bits blown off and almost died...

nathan summers
He's nearly died half a dozen times or so. Besides, That battle came off as rather cheap and one sided considering Nathan had no intention of harming his opponent.

bahhh_yeti
i dont think death is much of an obstacle for most of the X-men, at one point or another someone dies and eventually finds a way to return

Psionic_Luver08
rock

8bitChris
The Brain Trust from AoA!

Cosmic Flame
I may change my min later, but for now I'm gonna have to go with 8bit. Before there was Martha, there was the Braintrust. Six brains just sitting there chilling in a room...very disturbing.

Now that I think about it, they aren't X-Men so....

Disappear
the brain trust was interesting, though all they really did was sedate a bunch of low-level mutants and humans.

and i'd picked up my first cable & deadpool right after nate got half his body blown off, and i found the backstory to be quite a laugh. but that's me. as for death with the x-men, you'd think they're all ionic beings or something. count nefaria types...

Wickerman
I'd say something like this:

1. Prof. X. He's an incredibly complex man, not just the disciplined mentor everyone sees him as. The best example to prove this was the Onslaught Saga. The hatred was there. Locked away. Just not strong enough apparently wink

2. Exodus. Yeah, i'm biased, so sue me. The guy was obsessed with Magneto. I've got a thing for people with mental problems. And I'd say Exodus is something like that. I suppose Xavier said it best:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/Respek/exodusboy.jpg

3. I've been hearing about Emma Frost going crazy. If that's true, then i'm sure it'll make a great story arc.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
Originally posted by nathan summers
Even with the limitations of the techno-organic virus, when he had it, Nathan became one of the most accomplished psionic talents. He went from using his powers wastefully and clumsily in battle to exploiting those talents with utter precision.

well said

nathan summers
Another amazing psi-talent is Psylocke. She went head to head with the Shadow King and was able, even with her limited scope of abilities, to trap him. Of course that was at the expense of her powers at the time but still; to fight a psionic entity that's on PAR with Charles Xavier is no small feat.

DarkCrawler
Professor X.

A man, whose body is frail, but mind is one of the strongest.

Paola
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I know a lot of people are going to say the Stepford Cuckoos but the name itself tells you that theyre far from an original concept.

True to form im gonna say Phoenix lol.

you just killed the element of surprise disgust

Stepford Cuckoos eek!

Nathaniel Grey
I don't think there are any original psychics out there. They all seem pretty run of the mill.

willRules
Xavier. he started it all. Without him the dream is dead. AOA showed us how much of an impact he has on Marvel Earth.

IMO Xavier is vastly underrated on these forums...........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.