Name Things You Hate About Bands You Like

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
Thought this might be interesting. Name a few things you dislike about bands that you otherwise like.

Alpha Centauri
Certain fans of Tool piss me off. Though that applies to any band.

The "_____is God" people.

-AC

Morgoths_Wrath

xxxpoppunker182
the fact that everyone in mests are drunks and stoners, and that tom broke blink 182 up

danagrint
everyone trying to be emo and goth

Alpha Centauri

RedAlertv2
Avenged Sevenfold - Repeated use of the same power chords
Coheed and Cambria - try to write songs that are too complex. I like their simple stuff just as much

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Where to start...

-AC

laughing out loud please do try...i seem to get the feeling that much of the post was designed to get a response from you

Morgoths_Wrath
the top is usually a good place to start

Darth Revan
Any APC song with Billy on vocals. Awful singer.

Afro Cheese
Aesop Rock's voice... and flow. His lyrics are good most of the time but with his horrible flow i can't help but think he's just a waste of the great production on his album Labor Days.

Talib Kweli's flow.. especially on Black Star.

Opeth's vocals. Mostly cause I can't understand them and find growling to be sorta boring after a while.

Production on Big L's album.

Mos Def's singing on BOBS.

Frank Zappa's singing (not always).

Rakim's content.

Afro Cheese
Oh yeah.. and KRS-One's ego. Plus the fact that he cheered 9/11 cause the WTC showed no respect to hip hop, or someshit like that. Just seems like an ******* outside his music... though I won't say he is cause I haven't actually met him.

Cinemaddiction
Hatebreed's abuse of neck slides to open tracks.

All Shall Perish flipping the switch on the vocal effects mid song for no reason other than to show no death metal "singer" can really go that low vocally.

LiveAndLetDie
Axl Rose`s song called "My World" was featured on Use Your Illusions II. It is possibly the worst song I`ve ever heard. The fact that it was even on the album is a disgrace to the band.

Aj333
Bert McCracken From the Used actually dating Kelly Osbourne and the Used including G.C. and Blink182 in their "brother bands" list!
G.C. and Blink are pop if you ask me!

RedAlertv2
Blink 182 breaking up over stupid reasons

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Aj333
Bert McCracken From the Used actually dating Kelly Osbourne and the Used including G.C. and Blink182 in their "brother bands" list!
G.C. and Blink are pop if you ask me!

And The Used are not pop?

Lana
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

Damn you, you beat me to it stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

Awww...SNAP!

ResubianNushi
What the hell are the matter with these people? They classify GC and MCR, and etc. as pop, yet they still think the Used are rock. All I got to say. WTF.

Aj333
sad

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by danagrint
everyone trying to be emo and goth yeah i agree its stupid i dont understand why they do it.

Apocalypse9
i guess depending on the song, the used can be pop...some of their songs are definitely in the rock genre however, so i figure they're a mixture.

Avenged Sevenfold-lengthy music, sometimes repeating the same progressions over and over almost to the point where you just want to scream "END THE FU@#$(# SONG, GET TO THE GOOD ENDING"...in other words, some of their songs would be just as good without repetition

Thrice-constant quarter notes pounding on drum/singer sounding bout the same in every song, although right now im not sure what to think of their new cd, definitely more mellow but more experimentation with vocals/ think they could come up with more advanced parts, especially in the drumming, but for some reason tend to stick to the same old pound out the rhythm technique

tsunami bomb-albums are too clean....they are very punkish in concert as compared to the clean/remixed sound given on their recent albums.

metallica-one thing, drummer...doesnt play complex rhythms worth shit on most album songs/very repetitive quarter notes, sometimes fast bass beats, but for the most part, very much same pattern in all the songs....all other band memberssmileawesome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.