Could Magneto use Magntism to grab Green Lanterns Ring?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
If so how much more devastating would he be? Magnetism

The Ion
No.

golem370
Is it not made of metal?

The Ion
Not exactly. The material used is still up for debate. It could be metal, it could be a rock, it could be a crystal or it could be a mix. Even if it was pure metal, the shields would prevent Mags from taking it off. Furthermore, if he did manage to get it off, the GL can just will it right back to him/herself.

Swanky-Tuna
Or he could let Magneto think he had him at a disadvantage then shoot him in the face with it. Or use a boxing glove or something.

golem370
Well his will against Magneto's powers not much of a fight. Plus I though a few different people has stolen the green from Green Lantern?

Dr.Crankenstein
I am sure the Guardians designed the rings not to be controled by magnetism when they created them.

It just makes sense.

The Ion
Read Green Lantern Vol. 4 #3. The Manhunter determined the only way to take Hal's ring is by cutting off his hand which was impossible due to force shield.

long pig
http://www.monzell.com/images/chiyo.gif

The Ion
laughing WTF is that?

long pig
Does it really need explaining?

The Ion
Yes. sad

roughrider
I second that. What the f**k?

Princess Diana
Originally posted by long pig
http://www.monzell.com/images/chiyo.gif

wtf

leonheartmm
lol. what IS that,

anyway, magneto can control all matter with his magnetism, anythin, even a green lantern ring, its made of matter right, its only the power thas infused INTO the ring that makes it strong, ofcourse gl could try n use his own mental power to counter any type of physical force prodused by mags, but i doubt any green lantern can produce enough power to actually resist the level that magneto produces.

Superherovandal
actually it can. it has wayyyy more power than Mags. It is sentient. It has virtually infinite auto defenses always on. and we all know that the guardians made the rings that way.

Superherovandal
Hal is easily on SS level of power.

leonheartmm
i dont think any normal gl is on surfer level, not even hal, with just one ring's power.

jrodslam
^ Obviously you dont know much about Hal or the GL's.

The Ion
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i dont think any normal gl is on surfer level, not even hal, with just one ring's power.
One ring? Not like multiple rings gives you more power.

And the Big 5 GL's along with Jade are easily on Surfer level. Jade should be stronger than all of them.

Dr.Fate
I think magneto might be able to garb it with magnetism. In Aztek 2# (I have all 10 issues) he meets Green Lantern Kyle Rayner and got his ring off easy. They never explained how but it didn't seem too hard for Aztek. This was done jokingly. Man they need to bring Aztek back that series was cool and funny

DigiMark007
Yes, I'd agree that a good GL is at or beyond Surfer level (Kyle, not the most powerful GL, stalemated him for quite a while in a crossover. Surfer won, but it was a good fight). Alan or Hal, properly inspired or pissed, would own Surfer.

And probably a no to Magneto taking it over. A GL could counterract Mag's control on it, so it would hardly be uncontested. If the GL did nothing, then sure, Mags would have no problem...even if it only had traces of metal.

Inspectah Deck
lol. what IS that,

anyway, magneto can control all matter with his magnetism, anythin, even a green lantern ring, its made of matter right, its only the power thas infused INTO the ring that makes it strong, ofcourse gl could try n use his own mental power to counter any type of physical force prodused by mags, but i doubt any green lantern can produce enough power to actually resist the level that magneto produces.

That's WRONG

Tron
lol. what IS that,

You doubt they can produce enough power? Well, when you see Magneto contain a supernova or destroy a planet by accident, you give me a call.wink

leonheartmm
um, since when has hal started containing supernovas and destroying planets?

The Ion
John Stewart destroyed a planet on accident and has contained solar system destroying bursts of energy. Kyle Rayner destroyed Oa in GL #0 and contained a supernova in DC 1 Million. Hal Jordan can certainly do the same seeing as he has the most willpower of anyone on DC Earth.

Mags has nothing on GL. smile

jnt29904
Green Lantern would crush Magneto, but I highly doubt any of them defeating SS alone. A good fight though ( as in the Crossover fight)

Grimm22
Magneto = Overrated yes

Although Dr. Polaris did make a rookie Kyle hit himself with his ring. erm

However he didnt have his sheild up.

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
No.

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
Magneto = Overrated yes

Magneto is underated very much. yes You probably think DOOM is underated. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
Magneto is underated very much. yes You probably think DOOM is underated. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I just think that when people think that Magneto can make Black Holes, then he is overrated yes

The rest not so much.

Note: No I dont think Doom is underrated most of the time

Validus
I just think that when people think that Magneto can make Black Holes, then he is overrated yes

Despite the fact that he's done it before?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by batdude123
Magneto is underated very much. yes You probably think DOOM is underated. roll eyes (sarcastic) Magneto gets little respect on thse forums.

Grimm22
Despite the fact that he's done it before?

Just because it has happened dosent make it right.

Seriously he can control magnetic polaritys and whatnot, how does that let him make f***in black holes?!?! What the f**k?

badabing

Seriously he can control magnetic polaritys and whatnot, how does that let him make f***in black holes?!?! What the f**k?
There's thought that electromagnetism and gravity are related or connected.

Grimm22
Originally posted by badabing
There's thought that electromagnetism and gravity are related or connected.

Ugh bored

Im sorry but its just so stupid! Magneto controls magnetism, he shouldnt be making freakin black holes!

Validus

Probably because magnetism is involved with black holes. Besides that, its a comic book. Isn't it silly to pick at that and but not bat an eye when someone flies faster than light?

Grimm22
Probably because magnetism is involved with black holes. Besides that, its a comic book. Isn't it silly to pick at that and but not bat an eye when someone flies faster than light?

True, it just bothers me. sad

badabing
We do live in a comic world where everybody can dodge bullets and survive a nuke. messed

Validus
I think lasers job harder than bullets.

badabing
I think lasers job harder than bullets. This is true. sad

batdude123

Magneto is the master of the entire electromagnetic spectrum. It even CLEARLY states in his bios that he's living proof that all energy is relative and connected. Seriously, he's more powerful than you think.

Blair Wind
Whats funny is that GLs can control the electromagnetic spectrum as well.....and people think that Mags can control the ring shock

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Whats funny is that GLs can control the electromagnetic spectrum as well.....and people think that Mags can control the ring shock

They have to will it first... shifty

NiņoAraņa
validus...not to be off topic or anything but your sig....

laughinglaughinglaughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.