If you were Mace...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
...and you could pick any 3 Jedi in the galaxy, except Yoda and Obi-Wan, to go with you to fight Sidious, who would you pick and why?

SS_181st_Snow
And no Anakin either right? Because that's a stupid choice really.

darthsith19
Hmm, lets see...
I definately wouldn't take Agen or Saesee. Kit maybe. I'd take Plo Koon (this might piss some of you off). Yeah I like Koon but I hear from lots of places that he's really strong. I'd also for sure take Luminara Unduli. Her saber skills are supposed to be really good. For the third person I'd either take Cin Drallig, Quinlin Vos or Kit Fisto, I havn't decided yet. Cin's likely the best dueler out of the 3, not sure who's best with the Force or who has more experience. Quinlin probably has the most experience, I guess. I don't know. I guess probably Quinlin.

darthsith19
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
And no Anakin either right? Because that's a stupid choice really.
Well, I suppose you could pick Anakin, but it'd be like committing suicide.

I think the 3 I picked could probably pull it off. By the time Anakin came Sidious'd be dead, and if he wasn't Luminara and Quinlin could deal with Anakin while Mace and Plo finished Sidious off.

Jedi StunRun
Anakin alone would take care of Palps, just a pity he's lured in too easily

Tangible God
After seeing the movie, I'd rather have about 30 Jedi with me, in a more open space.

chinabing
Should have arrested him in public, then made him do a perp walk.

bobcrickett
Originally posted by Jedi StunRun
Anakin alone would take care of Palps, just a pity he's lured in too easily

Only potentially. wink

Mstr GEKA
I wouldn't go... I'd be wiser and sense that I will be the final instrument into Anakin's fall.

Sesse
Isn't it a bit ironic?

They should have sent Anakin after Grievous as Palpatine suggested... Then there would have been no Anakin to duel with. But then again, Sidious wouldn't have revealed himself if he didn't think it would be safe.

Lord J
it would have been intresting if anakin went

Sir Mist
Originally posted by darthsith19
I'd also for sure take Luminara Unduli. Her saber skills are supposed to be really good.

Heh, Agen was supposed to be a bizitch with a saber too, and he was the first to get pwned.

I'd take....Quinlan (at least he'd have the balls to use the darkside if things got hairy), Tholme (god knows why, he could probably tag team with Quinlan better than anyone else though) and Kit (he'd probably die, but that'd spare a few seconds to hit Palpatine).

muserke
Push Agen, Kit and Saesee in the room and run away screaming like a little girl. no expression

overlord
Snuff sayed!!!

Sesse
If I were Mace, I would have called a tactical bomb run to Palpatines office....

NoFate007
Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi and Anakin Skywalker (and if you can't pick him, Aayla Secura).

darthsith19
Originally posted by NoFate007
Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi and Anakin Skywalker (and if you can't pick him, Aayla Secura).
Plo Koon, good choice, Mundi, not bad, Secura? What has she ever done to be given this honor? The honor of being above Kit, Cin, Luminara, Quinlin, Shaak Ti or even Agen Kolar?

overlord
If I were Mace I would smoke a big fat blunt and clear my mind with it, then I could take on Sidious all by my self through extreme concentration.
Oh wait.. Mace did beat sidious, so why do I even care?

LandShark
umm what overlord said yeah thats it

truejedi
Kit Fisto, supposed to be the second best duelist in the galaxy, good pick by mace, then I would simply wait for Yoda to get back... Wait i mean, i would be taking Plo Kloon and Ki Adi Mundi, Plo Kloon's supposed to be real good at this, and I'm not sure for Ki, I just like him.

Council#13
I wouldnt take Agen. He sucks. I mean, The Official Star Wars website says that Agen is a "tough combatant" while Saesee is said to be a "formidable fighter" and Kit is called "mighty warrior"

PVS
well, it seemed the other jedi only managed to get in the way.
so i guess i would go alone.

maybe take them along to avoid an ambush,
but tell them to stay out of the duel.
then again, hindsight is always 20/20

jollyjim311
Cin Drallig, Plo Koon, and ....... Kit maybe, it was said that Kit would be able to take GG or come close.

darthsith19
Originally posted by truejedi
Kit Fisto, supposed to be the second best duelist in the galaxy, good pick by mace, then I would simply wait for Yoda to get back... Wait i mean, i would be taking Plo Kloon and Ki Adi Mundi, Plo Kloon's supposed to be real good at this, and I'm not sure for Ki, I just like him.
Where did you hear Kit is the second best duelist in the galaxy? Cause Mace, Sidious, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Dooku could for sure beat him as of ROTS, maybe Luminara, Plo, Cin and Grievous, too. There's no way he's second in any of the movies, even among the Jedi, unless your saying he'd beat Mace in TPM? Which is extremely doubtful.

truejedi
Where did you hear Kit is the second best duelist in the galaxy? Cause Mace, Sidious, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Dooku could for sure beat him as of ROTS, maybe Luminara, Plo, Cin and Grievous, too. There's no way he's second in any of the movies, even among the Jedi, unless your saying he'd beat Mace in TPM? Which is extremely doubtful.

Well, i read it in the prequel book for return of the sith, Labrynith of Evil. I know its EU, but really, most of the things that we can learn about most of the Jedi Counci is EU. Isn't he the one that fights the assassin droid thingy on coruscant in the clone wars novel with obi wan? (i've read the books and remember the storylines, but the titles are fuzzy) the book where the clone trooper blows himself up by calling in the air strike right on top of himself? I'm not sure about that second book, so its a question, not a statement.
And i know for a fact Mace and Yoda could take him, but i guess the wording was that "kit and mace were the finest swordsmen that the jedi order had ever produced"

darthsith19
Originally posted by truejedi
Well, i read it in the prequel book for return of the sith, Labrynith of Evil. I know its EU, but really, most of the things that we can learn about most of the Jedi Counci is EU. Isn't he the one that fights the assassin droid thingy on coruscant in the clone wars novel with obi wan? (i've read the books and remember the storylines, but the titles are fuzzy) the book where the clone trooper blows himself up by calling in the air strike right on top of himself? I'm not sure about that second book, so its a question, not a statement.
And i know for a fact Mace and Yoda could take him, but i guess the wording was that "kit and mace were the finest swordsmen that the jedi order had ever produced"
In Labrinth of Evil Kit is the one who works with Mace on Courscant. Shaak Ti also works with him. Ti when they're hunting for Sidious, Kit when they're protecting Palpatine. He is the one who fights the droid in "The Cestus Deception". But about him being the best swordsman the Order's ever produced alone with Mace, no, I've already listed many who could defeat him and ever? Casue I'm sure there have been jedi in the past who were stronger than Fisto. He's good, but no where near Mace/Yoda's power. And a small number of other Jedi could beat him as well.

Master Fisto
kit supposedly is the third best swordsman in the galaxy...im niot sure if the sources for that are reliable, but it wasnt from supershadow!!

exanda kane
...and you could pick any 3 Jedi in the galaxy, except Yoda and Obi-Wan, to go with you to fight Sidious, who would you pick and why?

I'd pick Revan. If that is a loop hole I found in the rules.

calvin44
Originally posted by exanda kane
I'd pick Revan. If that is a loop hole I found in the rules.
then i would take kun, give him some1's body, and watch him pwn sidious.
then i would take 2 other jedi and use em to buy some time.

Red Superfly
If I were Mace, and couldn't pick Ani, Obi or Yoda, I'd go alone.

The rest of the Jedi are freakin' useless.

Not only that, but the time I'd save by just doing the dirty myself would mean I'd have killed him before Anakin turned up and started acting all retarded.

mace=badass
I would bring Anakin, or not go at all. Because the Prophecy says Anakin will destroy the sith......

SpyCspider
if you were Mace standing above a cowering Palpatine and Anakin's really unstable and telling you "no, i need him!"

YOU WOULD NOT SWING YOUR SABER at Palpatine...especially at slow mo

you'd stab palpatine

CBright7831
I would just show up and say "Chancellor, Grievous has been destroyed." He'd eventually have to give up his powers.

Spearhead
who says?

mace=badass
He wouldn't give up his powers, Anakin said it himself.

overlord
Originally posted by Master Fisto
kit supposedly is the third best swordsman in the galaxy...im niot sure if the sources for that are reliable, but it wasnt from supershadow!! That statement is incorrect.

Admiral Akbar
I say Mace goes by himself, after all he won the duel, I dont think 3 other people would have made a difference.

mace=badass
^^ Well, it did.......... Three more dead Jedi.

bogen
myslf and a shutle of clone to go back and get more jedi if things go bad.

Tangible God
Then Palps would escape.

I'd take Anakin no matter what. Bring him along and he'll feel:

"Oh, Master Windu trusts me, I'm special, he likes me, I'm important. My self-centered, rather egotistical, meglomaniacal attitude towards life is finally paying off. Huzzah! Now let's go bag us some Sith."

Master Fisto
voolvif monn...

((The_Anomaly))
Well to be honest all the other jedi save for Yoda, Obi, Anakin, and Mace himself wouldn't stand a remote chance in hell against Palpatine. So Mace might have well just gone himself.

And then got killed anyways, but still...

El_NINO
If I were Mace I would gather ma J-UNIT composed of the most bad ass jedis with a laser proof vest!! Passing a blunt around before going in then going in with a cigar in ma mouth screaming window shopper!!!

BAILY
Agen and Tiin.. both cant last five seconds in a fight.. literally... wussies

Captain REX
At least, not when it matters.

Tangible God
It's amazing really. I've seen few CW cartoons, but from what I've come to understand, CW Mace and Kit alone, could take even CW Palpatine.

But apparently, all Force-users' uber-powers are greatly diminshed when confined to a convenient office.

((The_Anomaly))
too bad this is CW anything, its the movies.

mtryder
I'd take Anakin, Cin Drallig, and Quin. Anakin, you say? Yes, Anakin, because had he actually witnessed the entire exchange, he would have realized that Sidious was exactly a big a dickhead as Mace was trying to tell him to begin with.

kamikz
Originally posted by mtryder
I'd take Anakin, Cin Drallig, and Quin. Anakin, you say? Yes, Anakin, because had he actually witnessed the entire exchange, he would have realized that Sidious was exactly a big a dickhead as Mace was trying to tell him to begin with.

I agree.

((The_Anomaly))
I agree, the ONLY thing that might have made a difference was to allow Anakin to go. But I'm not sure that would have even made a difference. Palpatine would have just played more of the "If I die then any chance you have to save your wife is gone." card and I think Anakin would have ended up doing the same thing anyways.

I terms of the actual fight, there would be no point to even bring additional Jedi for Mace. It's already stated in the DVD that Palpatine could have fried Mace when Palpatine was lightning him anyways, so Mace was gonna die no matter what, It just worked out in Palps favour to have Anakin turn at the same time is all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.