Blue cape or Black cape and Mask

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
So do you like Batman better in the blue cape or Black cape and mask.

DarkAge
Blue is the one that I remember from my childhood, but the black one makes more sense. I think of there being two kinds of Batman looks, the "camp" one: blue cape and cowl, tights, underwear, etc. from the TV show and The Dark Knight Returns, and the "dark" one, completely black, body armour, sideblades, etc. from the modern comics and Batman Begins. This one is my preference. The costume IS supposed to invoke fear.

EsteemedLeader
Gray and black is the way to go.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Gray and black is the way to go.

I agree with grey and black- its looks a lot better than full black which has irritated me a little about all the movies costumes. Full black obviously makes sense for stealth reasons but I like to see some variety(Not that horrible silvery-blue thing Kilmer wore at the end of BF mind) sick

TwisterGameX
Ha ha. Well for movies all black is kool since it would look gay grey (batman begins is kool) but the grey and black for cartoons and comics are kick ass along with the black bat on his chest rather than the yellow.

EsteemedLeader
I want to see them put a gray&black costume in a movie.

The Begins outfit sucked ass.

NoFate007
All black for movies, gray/black for cartoons.

brainchild81
Black! Blue is not intimidating!

Bardock42
I like the Black Grey Costume he had recently....although the 70s Blue was awesome too.

amity75
I grew up with blue/grey but I guess in "real life" that wouldn't be very intimidating OR good for concealing yourself. Black and grey/black is fantastic for the movies but I prefer blue/grey in the comics.

Silverstein
i like the complete black suit (Batman Begins) i like how it actually has a purpose: it is body armor, has 3 blades on arm...so its not just a rubber muscle suit (with nurples)

DarkAge
(Nurples...?)

Silverstein
Originally posted by DarkAge
(Nurples...?)

you obviously arent attending school at all are you...have you ever gotten a purple nurple?? relate nurple to batman and robin and add the word rubber infront of it

Zarathustra
Originally posted by Silverstein
i like the complete black suit (Batman Begins) i like how it actually has a purpose: it is body armor, has 3 blades on arm...so its not just a rubber muscle suit (with nurples)
Nice criteria though that is, the Blue+Grey and Black+Grey costumes in the comics have utility as well. They're body armour (if nothing else, they are armoured in the chest), and the cape is sometimes depicted as having weighted tips so it can be used as a weapon.
That being said it's more of an aesthetic issue. They can both look really good. Blue looks good on Batman in The Dark Knight Returns, but then Black looks just as good in Year One. My favourite depiction of Batman is probably Tim Sale's version in The Long Halloween, but interestingly his is one of a few depictions (Lee's art for Hush is another) where it is hard to tell whether it's a lighter shade of black or a darker shade of blue, and indeed I'm fairly certain that in some panels it is blue and others black.

sevenman
black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.