A Grizzly Bear vs A Tiger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Seriously, your thoughts?

I've thought long and hard about this, and I must go with the Bear. Strength and height advantage.

Alpha Centauri
Bear of course, though isn't this OTF material?

-AC

EsteemedLeader
Full size bear versus full size tiger?

long pig
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bear of course, though isn't this OTF material?

-AC
embarrasment Could be?

Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Full size bear versus full size tiger?
Of course.

They aren't that much apart in size, some could argue that the Tiger's speed and agility and razor sharp claws could make up for the Bear's strength advantage.

xmarksthespot
I remember seeing a TV show where they simulated fights between animals using CGI. Gorilla vs Leopard. Lion vs Tiger. etc

EsteemedLeader
Well, tigers are known to go straight for the jugular...

jerlark386
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Well, tigers are known to go straight for the jugular...

Bears on the other hand don't have to

Tired Hiker
I believe the bear would scare off the tiger and the fight would never even occur. However, if for some reason they would fight, I believe the tiger would win, only because it is quicker and is a predator. Otherwise, this scenario would never occur. Go feck yourself!

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I believe the bear would scare off the tiger and the fight would never even occur. However, if for some reason they would fight, I believe the tiger would win, only because it is quicker and is a predator. Otherwise, this scenario would never occur. Go feck yourself!

confused so bears are not predators? confused

feck yourself first

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Princess Diana
confused so bears are not predators? confused

feck yourself first

Bears eat berries and shet like that, yeah, go feck yourself!!!!!!!

s|m
Kinda hard to say... firstly, these two animals would never fight, secondly, if these two would actually fight eachother, both could win. It's a matter of how fast they move.
But, I go with the tiger. It's more agile and it probably won't attack first, but wait for the right moment. It could just jump on the bear's back, bite its neck thus crushing its spine no expression

Princess Diana
Kodiaks run as fast as tigers, are twice as big and have better endurance, a single swipe would flatten a tiger.

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Bears eat berries and shet like that, yeah, go feck yourself!!!!!!!

only some bears - I have never seen a polar bear eating berries smile

I used to feck guys like you in prison smile

s|m
Originally posted by Princess Diana
Kodiak run as fast as tigers, are twice as big and have better endurance, a single swipe would flatten a tiger.
Whatever.
Such a battle wouldn't occur...ever. A bear and a tiger only see each other in the zoo, also the tiger attacks future food, and I doubt the bear is a good meal no expression

BENITO
Originally posted by long pig

I've thought long and hard about this, and I must go with the Bear. Strength and height advantage. Grizzly He would go up to that Tiger and Body Slam it till it's head collapses

Spelljammer
Does the tiger get prep time? stick out tongue

BENITO
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Does the tiger get prep time? stick out tongue good one

DarkC
Tiger.

DeepPink
Tiger would win EVERY TIME! eek!

Although it depends what sorta bear, I'm assuming you mean a regular brown bear, but if were talking polar then the tigers goin down.

DarkC
If a polar bear got even one hit in, tiger's good as dead.

hotsauce6548
I would win, of course. cool

unrealman
Grizzy bear facts

1 they can break a deer or horse's neck with one swipe of their paw.

2 has been know to break a bulls back with only three swipes.

3 been shown to cave in a cow's skull.

4 its bone and muscle density is ten times that of a humans bone and muscle density

5 it took 20 full grown bulls to take down one Grizzly bear.

( the Grizzy bear killed all but one bull before it finally went down. )

6 The Californians of the late 19th century staged well-documented pit fights with grizzlies and spanish bulls. The grizzlies, using their paw as a club, shattered the unfortunate bull's skull or shoulder bones so easily that the betting became poor.

7 Eventually, and at considerable cost, African lions were brought in to raise the stakes. The most fierce of the adult males was sent in whilst the grizzly was already waiting in the pits. The lion was known for bravely charging straight in and looked good for the money, but the grizzly killed a male lion almost as easily as he'd killed the bull.

Bite forces taken from National Geographic

Lions: 600 lbs

White sharks: 600 lbs

Hyenas: 1000 lbs

Snapping turtles: 1000 lbs

Crocodiles: 2500 lbs

Neo_Version 7
This scenario reminds me of the Animorphs for some reason...

Valharu
Ive seen footage of a bear and tiger fight. Bear reared up and the tiger circled and went for the side of the neck. A lot of posturing from the bear, but the tiger finished it. These animal fights should never happen, but unfortunately man makes it happen.
Pretty sad when you think about it.

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Valharu
Ive seen footage of a bear and tiger fight. Bear reared up and the tiger circled and went for the side of the neck. A lot of posturing from the bear, but the tiger finished it. These animal fights should never happen, but unfortunately man makes it happen.
Pretty sad when you think about it.

I see where you're coming from but still...

Captain Falcon
Originally posted by long pig

I've thought long and hard about this, and I must go with the Bear. Strength and height advantage. don't know. Here's gibbon vs. tiger

Neo_Version 7
What's a gibbon?

Captain Falcon
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
What's a gibbon? an ape in asia.

Bloigen
3 banned members.

Neo_Version 7
3 banned members VS. Raz

Bloigen
Chuck Norris.

Neo_Version 7
Chuck Norris? huh

Bloigen
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Chuck Norris? huh

yes

Neo_Version 7
Yeah, what about him?

I hear his tears can heal and stuff. Is what they say about him true?

Council#13
Tiger would win

AJ4LIFE
well i might say bare but depends wat situation it been brought up in

Soleran
I would go for the tiger, Tigers eat bears in asiasmile They aren't grizzley's but asiatic sun bears.

Bloigen
I go for Chuck Norris in penguin costume.

GCG
Tigers go for the neck.

Grizzly VS. Anaconda would be interesting.

Bloigen
Chuck Norris vs Chuck Norris would be interesting.

GCG
Not as much as a Penguin versus a Mallard in a wet t-shirt contest.

Bloigen
Originally posted by GCG
Not as much as a Penguin versus a Mallard in a wet t-shirt contest.

droolio

Captain Falcon
Originally posted by unrealman
Grizzy bear facts

1 they can break a deer or horse's neck with one swipe of their paw.

2 has been know to break a bulls back with only three swipes.

3 been shown to cave in a cow's skull.

4 its bone and muscle density is ten times that of a humans bone and muscle density

5 it took 20 full grown bulls to take down one Grizzly bear.

( the Grizzy bear killed all but one bull before it finally went down. )

6 The Californians of the late 19th century staged well-documented pit fights with grizzlies and spanish bulls. The grizzlies, using their paw as a club, shattered the unfortunate bull's skull or shoulder bones so easily that the betting became poor.

7 Eventually, and at considerable cost, African lions were brought in to raise the stakes. The most fierce of the adult males was sent in whilst the grizzly was already waiting in the pits. The lion was known for bravely charging straight in and looked good for the money, but the grizzly killed a male lion almost as easily as he'd killed the bull.

Bite forces taken from National Geographic

Lions: 600 lbs

White sharks: 600 lbs

Hyenas: 1000 lbs

Snapping turtles: 1000 lbs

Crocodiles: 2500 lbs Hyenas weigh more than lions? Which is the same weight as sharks? ??? huh confused1 wtf and wtf has that got to do with tigers?

Originally posted by Bloigen
Chuck Norris vs Chuck Norris would be interesting. stfu about chuck norris, it's just not funny.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Captain Falcon
My mom, my mom, my mom! laughing out loud

Stfu about your mom, it's just not funny.

Captain Falcon
Stfu about your lover, chuck norris, it's just not funny.

Soleran
Hyenas weigh more than lions? Which is the same weight as sharks? ??? huh confused1 wtf and wtf has that got to do with tigers?

stfu about chuck norris, it's just not funny.

Bite lbs not weight, oh and Chuck Norris owns you.

Bloigen

laughing

You do realise, that quote means that your lover is Chuck Norris.

Captain Falcon
Originally posted by Soleran
Bite lbs not weight, oh and Chuck Norris owns Bloigen. ah, right.

laughing

You do realise, that quote means that your lover is Chuck Norris. wtf? I said your lover.

Bloigen
wtf? I said your lover.

Check again. erm

Captain Falcon
Check again. erm yes I didn't say anything so it's like I'm repeating what you said.

Bloigen
yes I didn't say anything so it's like I'm repeating what you said.

But that just makes you so crap at comebacks that you have resort to childish repetition.

unrealman
No that's not their weight that's how much force they can put into one bite.

http://www.nationalgeographic.co.in/watch/ProgramDetails.asp?UniId=AG456&SeriesId=470

http://dranem05.blogspot.com/2005/08/feats-of-strength.html

Lion 691 Psi ( human equivalent of obliterating two sheep bones in one chomp).

Heyna 1000 Psi ( human equivalent of obliterating three sheep bones in one chomp)

snapping turtle 1004 Psi

Croc 2,500 Psi (IF* a human had that kind of bite force, we would be able to chomp through a giant cow bone with one single chomping action splitting it in half.)

Great white Shark 600 Psi

some reports have said that tigers have a simlar bite force to Lions.

edit: tigers have never face grizzly bears but they did face Russian brown bears. fights between a siberian tiger and a Russian brown bear could go either way . reports have shown Siberian tigers kill Russian brown bears up to 600lbs and Russian brown bears Kill Siberian tigers.

note: tigers usually never went after brown bears above 800lbs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.