Does the catoon "The Batman" have anime influence in it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Because, i think, it has many anime style looking shots and moments in it.

Or is it just me, lol..

EsteemedLeader
I despise the artwork.

Then again, I also despise everything else about it.

Zarathustra
It certainly does seem that way. The influence also seems rather evident in other animated cartoons and the like I've noticed recently. Similarly there is an evident penchant for flashy fight scenes (must I mention it? KUNG FU PENGUIN!). I would probably attribute these things to the recent popularity of Japanese programs in North America.

That having been said, I feel a sudden need to editorialize in saying that neither the artwork nor acting holds a candle to Batman TAS, and that there's something intrinsically wrong with a Year One setting where Jim Gordon has apparently been rubbed out to make way for a minority detective team. Aside from that, though, it's not entirely bad.

OB1-adobe
Its has a "we're crapping on Batman's legacy like we did on Batman & Robin" influence to it.

Mazza
i wish that catwoman n batman wuld gettogetha-u no like eachotha

sevenman
old man wit problems please give it up

WindDancer
Oh gosh! I don't know exactly how to explain it....but I feel that it doesn't have an anime style. I'm thinking more like Teen Titans do have anime characteristics. But The Batman cartoon? no, no way. Everything sucks about that cartoon.

lifeisaglich
No I wouldn't say that everything sucks if anything else it is great....since as you have not been seeing all the little homage being paid to the it's predecessors....whether intensional or not.

The batman is picking up some slack it is not great and it is not bad either.. it is right there in the middle.

Silverstein
The Batman theme song is cool

Mainstream
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
No I wouldn't say that everything sucks if anything else it is great....since as you have not been seeing all the little homage being paid to the it's predecessors....whether intensional or not.

The batman is picking up some slack it is not great and it is not bad either.. it is right there in the middle.

yeah a C+ not super good but not total crap either.

Doc Ock
Bruce Wayne looks like Jackie Chan.

lifeisaglich
Is it now that you are noticing laughing

I was thinking more of a B- because each season has been a little bit better than the last.

tpaquin
The coloring is pseudo-TAS, in my opinion, but the art is like the hackneyed anime ripoff coined by Jackie Chan, Extreme Ghostbusters, and the new TMNT(which is decent).

kanis
alucard I hate every thing about it as well its batman and robin agin with the neon everything the tailights on the batmobile and the fact is everything calls him "the batman" no batman and most of his villans they've screwed up bane by putting him in a robo suit.
And my mom thinks that bruce is rubbish compared to the warner brothers version.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.