Is Anyone Else Satisfied With The Rating?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Murray
TVGuide has posted the the MPAA has comfirmed that the rating for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will be PG-13, the first of the septology. It is rated PG-13 due to "sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images." Do you agree?

Yes: that way it stays true to the darker authenticity of the original text. I've heard the graveyard scene is exactly like the book, which was the scariest and most violent of the chapters, and my favorite.

DO YOU AGREE??

sasee tiin
what exactly does PG-13 mean?

hotsauce6548
Yup, I agree.

Director_Joe
Originally posted by sasee tiin
what exactly does PG-13 mean?

Parental Guidence under 13

Yeah, the MPAA has been going hard on movies lately... Quite an odd turn of events, if you ask me, when they used to let a lot of things 'slide'. I'm sure we'll see the reason for the PG-13 rating.

sasee tiin
In norway it will be PG-11, we don't have 13...

ladygrim
I know means its going to a 'dark ' movie

Darth Nauj
Originally posted by Murray
TVGuide has posted the the MPAA has comfirmed that the rating for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will be PG-13, the first of the septology. It is rated PG-13 due to "sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images." Do you agree?

Yes: that way it stays true to the darker authenticity of the original text. I've heard the graveyard scene is exactly like the book, which was the scariest and most violent of the chapters, and my favorite.

DO YOU AGREE??
yay im so happy big grin *jumps up and down* it was about time it got into the pg13 zone come on the books are getting more violent and older and by the way is there a site or something to confirm this is true?!?

Darth Nauj
http://www.filmratings.com/ just enter movie title and yeah it is PG 13 big grin

Murray
smile rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance love rock yes beer beer

Murray
I COULDN"T BE HAPPIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Director_Joe
I find it funny. A movie that can't be veiwed alone if you're under 13 and is based off a 12 and under book... Something tells me that's not right... (What people don't realize is that movie ratings are rules, not laws, that movie theater can choose to abide by.)

Director_Joe
Originally posted by Director_Joe
I find it funny. A movie that can't be veiwed alone if you're under 13 and is based off a 12 and under book... Something tells me that's not right... (What people don't realize is that movie ratings are rules, not laws, that movie theaters can choose to abide by.)

Darth Nauj
Originally posted by Director_Joe
I find it funny. A movie that can't be veiwed alone if you're under 13 and is based off a 12 and under book... Something tells me that's not right... (What people don't realize is that movie ratings are rules, not laws, that movie theater can choose to abide by.)
true but remember in order to tell a story they need to show it how it is exactly in the books

zac_j
PG-13!!!!!! Yay!!! No more kids going to the bathroom every two and a half minutes!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue embarrasment

danagrint
yay!

gshkris7272
hey thats what i do, im just joking.. yaysmile

The Phantom
Originally posted by zac_j
PG-13!!!!!! Yay!!! No more kids going to the bathroom every two and a half minutes!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue embarrasment THANK GOD! But parents can still bring the brats, and some parents don't teach their children proper manners by letting the brats talk... Also, there is a thread on this I believe.

zac_j
Originally posted by The Phantom
THANK GOD! But parents can still bring the brats, and some parents don't teach their children proper manners by letting the brats talk... Also, there is a thread on this I believe.
Keep those brats on leashes and put muzzles on them! Damn Brats! lol

The Phantom
Keep those brats on leashes and put muzzles on them! Damn Brats! lol Here here!

Prince Nauj
Keep those brats on leashes and put muzzles on them! Damn Brats! lol
laughing out loud Im so happy with the rating

bubbles33
when i was little i was scared of the first chapter

zac_j
Originally posted by Murray

DO YOU AGREE??
i already made this thread. please use the search bar.

dansdaman
agree....i mean someone does die guys

Sir J
i agree with it being frightening to younger children because even though i read the book the first scene in the dream seemed kinda scary well it would be to little kids even though you didnt see anything scary(unless your scared of snakes) but that was the only bit that sort of made me think that oh yeah and rons dress robes lol

dansdaman
well movies seem to be more gruesome than books......and yes im happy too

danagrint
I went to the movies today, but there were still little 1 month old babies

dansdaman
really?...but why would you bring babies to see it?

Emily_depp
Babies?

gshkris7272
probably cause the mom couldnt leave the baby at home and she didnt get a baby sitter

bubbles33
im 13 but i look 15

The Phantom
I hate kids. THEY WERE THERE BOTH TIMES! THEY NEED TO SHUT UP AND LEARN TO FIND OUT WHAT IS ACTUALLY FUNNY! (don't remember what they laughed at but it wasn't funny, I can tell you that.)

Tired Hiker
I think the first PG-13 film was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Lucas and Speilberg pushed for the existence of a PG-13 rating since Doom would have been rated R if the PG-13 rating didn't exist, which would have put the film in a smaller demographic, disallowing less viewers, hence making less money. IMO, all the Potter films should have been rated PG-13 since they deal with so many scary topics. Either way, kids can always pay to go see Chicken Little and then sneak into a Potter movie, so they'll see it either way. Just a thought.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I think the first PG-13 film was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Lucas and Speilberg pushed for the existence of a PG-13 rating since Doom would have been rated R if the PG-13 rating didn't exist, which would have put the film in a smaller demographic, disallowing less viewers, hence making less money. IMO, all the Potter films should have been rated PG-13 since they deal with so many scary topics. Either way, kids can always pay to go see Chicken Little and then sneak into a Potter movie, so they'll see it either way. Just a thought. I remember hearing some little kid saw she was scared when Voldemort finally appeared... couldn't help but smirk at that since I thought Voldemort was fair more ugly than scary...

Tired Hiker
I remember hearing some little kid saw she was scared when Voldemort finally appeared... couldn't help but smirk at that since I thought Voldemort was fair more ugly than scary...

Yeah, his flat nose was freaky! If I were a kid, I would have probably crapped my pants.

The Phantom
Really? Seriously, I think they could have done better with him. I kinda expected to get scared.... wasn't really scary.... just ugly...

Tired Hiker
Really? Seriously, I think they could have done better with him. I kinda expected to get scared.... wasn't really scary.... just ugly...

I thought he looked scary enough, but his voice wasn't what I expected. I imagined it would have been deeper. His voice wasn't scary to me, but from a kid's perspective, I think I would have been freaked out.

shaber
Voldemort is fearsome at first sight... feeble in the light eek! Can anyone guess his intentions towards Diggory's body? msn-oh

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by shaber
Voldemort is fearsome at first sight... feeble in the light eek! Can anyone guess his intentions towards Diggory's body? msn-oh

Maybe he was going to marinate him in some spaghetti sauce? big grin wink

Julie
sure what's wrong with the rating?? I wouldn't think a little little kid would get much out of the movie and an older kid wouldn't give to shakes of a rat's hind quarters about what the rating is

Princess Lyla
The rating was fine, let's face it, Harry Potter is not a kid's book anymore, not since chamber of secrets. I't more for teens. And as Harry grows we know it's gonna get bloodier and more terrifying for kids, they just can't see the movie like a fairy tale anymore...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.