Crap Horror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peteroyce
HI AM GONNA COMPLAIN AT THE STATE OF HORROR MOVIES RECENTLY. THEY ARE JUST NOT SCARY ANYMORE, WHATS HAPPENED S AND GOOD OLD HORROR MOVIES OF THE 70S AND THE 80S????????????
HALLOWEEN, THE FOG, TEXAS CHAINSAW, FRI 13TH. EVEN THE CRAP 80S HORRORS LOOK GOOD COMPARED TO TODAYS TRIPE.
THERE HASNT BEEN A GOOD HORROR FILM OUT SCINCE IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS, SCREAM WAS CRAP. IM FED UP,

Impediment
Don't hold back your anger. Tell us how you really feel.

b-dan
u could of just posted ur anger in the thread i made at 9:00

Cinemaddiction
To suggest there hasn't been any good horror films in the past 12 years, on the heels of what was more of a thriller than a Horror, is silly. There are tons of great, inventive, newer horror films out there, you just have to know where to look. By that, I mean not in the theatre.

b-dan
ya i know there some good films not in theaters like dead end i liked that its a pritty good flick

Morning_Glory
wave hello

tabby999
theres plenty of good horror out there, but the cinema releases are generally crap like Jeepers Creepers. hunt through the DVDs at your video store or online

tpaquin
http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

kmcdude
Originally posted by tpaquin
http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

laughing

Pandemoniac
Good shite there tpaquin!

Back to topic, take the advice above peteroyce. Plenty of good horror has been made in the last 10 years. They just got overshadowed by the majority of crap that gets put out, and the media preferring to give attention to those movies. As said, just take a visit to a good video-store and eat your heart out. Lots o goodies waiting for you there.

Ultimate-Venom
*no comment*

steverules
I don't think that they should remake horror movie's, some may agree or disagree and although the zombies looked s*** and green, my fav movie is "Dawn of the dead"(the original one) which I liked better than the new one, and day of the dead was rubbish.........

eggmayo
28 Days Later, done.

steverules
I thought the ending to that ruined the whole film...... sad

LizzyT123
It depends on what your talking about. Hell yeah, there is a bunch of crappy movies out there. Like Boogeyman, Jeepers Creepers, White Noise, Saw (the first), and so on and so forth.

I was happy though when George Romero made Land of the Dead. The ending wasn't what I expected, but I still enjoyed the movie. 28 Days Later was a nice zombie flick, switching around the laws of what others thought zombies were, slow, and well, dead! I don't really like the new crap coming out either, so support your local video stores, and not blockbuster, cause thats where your gonna be RENTing all the good old movies, because it will take a while for the good gore to come back.

b-dan
i turned land of hte dead off when the ppl went to jail

jayy
Originally posted by eggmayo
28 Days Later, done.

Grocery Store movie.

If they make 28 Weeks Later, it will be pitiful.

wink

LizzyT123
28 weeks later? lol! I doubt they'll make a sequel to that movie. It will be good enough just being single

jayy
28 Days Later, Grocery Store movie. wink

eggmayo
First off, I think they are making 28 Weeks Later.
Second, wtf is a grocery store movie?

Shwartz
Originally posted by LizzyT123
It depends on what your talking about. Hell yeah, there is a bunch of crappy movies out there. Like Boogeyman, Jeepers Creepers, White Noise, Saw (the first), and so on and so forth.

I was happy though when George Romero made Land of the Dead. The ending wasn't what I expected, but I still enjoyed the movie. 28 Days Later was a nice zombie flick, switching around the laws of what others thought zombies were, slow, and well, dead! I don't really like the new crap coming out either, so support your local video stores, and not blockbuster, cause thats where your gonna be RENTing all the good old movies, because it will take a while for the good gore to come back.

The first Saw movie was awesome. I thought it played with your mind alot. Which made more of a mind game than horror, but if you think so.

LizzyT123
aww dang! they are!? pooo, I don't want them to. 28 days later was fine by itself...yeah, whats a grocery store movie?

smile stick out tongue eek! stick out tongue smile

wink

p_s_luvit1989
It also depends on what type of horror u like, sum ppl don't like alot of gore, um ppl love it (Like me smile ) others think that a disease is scary, while others think that a guy that kills you in your dreams is scary. but over all I have to concur, lately the genre has gone to the dogs.

jayy
Originally posted by eggmayo
First off, I think they are making 28 Weeks Later.
Second, wtf is a grocery store movie?

laughing laughing laughing

Grocery Store movie:

Straight to the shelves. Not 2 or 3 months after DVD release. Just STRAIGHT TO THE SHELVES OF THE GROCERY STORE FOR $7.99!!

FOR EXAMPLE:

F VS J

SAW I

28 DAYS LATER

and some others. You get the drift............. eek!

GOT IT.............. GOOD.

wink

LizzyT123
wink ok, I got it, lol. ummmmm, yeah, I think the second Saw was move mind twisting than the first. Deffinetly.

Pandemoniac
Still think Saw is a nice example of decent and recent horror, it got hyped, but I loved it anyhow. And not all 'grocery store movies' are bad, some just got left aside by the bigger distributors in order to get them to the theaters. House of a 1000 corpses for example, never made it to the big screen here, but after it gained a fan-crowd the sequel is in all theaters now. Thing is that they try to think for us to much and are blind to anything not to appeal to the mainstream public; main reason why all those sad remakes get full attention and the little real gems get none.

jayy
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Still think Saw is a nice example of decent and recent horror, it got hyped, but I loved it anyhow. And not all 'grocery store movies' are bad, some just got left aside by the bigger distributors in order to get them to the theaters. House of a 1000 corpses for example, never made it to the big screen here, but after it gained a fan-crowd the sequel is in all theaters now. Thing is that they try to think for us to much and are blind to anything not to appeal to the mainstream public; main reason why all those sad remakes get full attention and the little real gems get none.

I totally agree with you. House Of 1000 Corpses was awesome! Devil's Rejects was PIIITTTIIIFFFUUULLLL!!! It sucked sooooo bad. There is a SMALL minority that liked it. The majority feels the same as I do, they hated the hell out of it.

wink

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/3509/hennifertreadmill4ky.gif

b-dan
ya i didnt even considered the rejects to be a horror movie like the phsycos were the good guys in it whats up with that

LizzyT123
I know! The whoooole thing changed around! The first movie "house", the mood was all dark, and you really hated the family, and in "rejects" the mood was light, and you wanted the family to live! But I do have to say, House of 1000 Corpses was the best. A bunch of know nothing losers at my school think House of 1000 Corpses was dumb, but they think movies like Boogeyman are soooo "scary!", so, they are dumb, lol

jayy
I know! The whoooole thing changed around! The first movie "house", the mood was all dark, and you really hated the family, and in "rejects" the mood was light, and you wanted the family to live! But I do have to say, House of 1000 Corpses was the best. A bunch of know nothing losers at my school think House of 1000 Corpses was dumb, but they think movies like Boogeyman are soooo "scary!", so, they are dumb, lol

Your right, they are losers. I bet they all are "trend whores" too. Tell em all to @#$& off. They have no taste what-so-ever Lizzy.

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/3509/hennifertreadmill4ky.gif

laughing

LizzyT123
Lol, thanks jayy. he he, I like that little animation thing on your postJumpy

jayy
Lol, thanks jayy. he he, I like that little animation thing on your postJumpy

Thanks. wink

It's 9 here in NC, USA. Getting ready to watch CSI NY and then get some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Later.

LizzyT123
Oh, its 8 here. I'm bored. No prob. They make too many CSIs', lol. later!

Wolfie
Originally posted by jayy
laughing laughing laughing

Grocery Store movie:

Straight to the shelves. Not 2 or 3 months after DVD release. Just STRAIGHT TO THE SHELVES OF THE GROCERY STORE FOR $7.99!!

FOR EXAMPLE:

F VS J

SAW I

28 DAYS LATER

and some others. You get the drift............. eek!

GOT IT.............. GOOD.

wink
Wow, you're "Got it, good" attitude makes me agree with you. Especially when it's in all caps. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I have seen none of those movies in your "grocery store movie" description. I believe the lowest I've seen 28 Days Later is $13.99 at Walmart. You could find Saw cheap now probably due to the unrated version that came out.

I totally agree with you. House Of 1000 Corpses was awesome! Devil's Rejects was PIIITTTIIIFFFUUULLLL!!! It sucked sooooo bad. There is a SMALL minority that liked it. The majority feels the same as I do, they hated the hell out of it.

wink
Of course, everyone agrees with jayy. Everyone I've talked to said The Devil's Rejects was better than House of 1000 Corpses. I guess the 5,152 votes on IMDb collectively voting it to be a 7.0 are just the minority, right?

By the way, I bought my House of 1000 Corpses for $7.99. There's your "grocery store movie".

Konjammenson
Originally posted by b-dan
ya i didnt even considered the rejects to be a horror movie like the phsycos were the good guys in it whats up with that

Rob's whole intent was to make you "root for the bad guy." Some people don't get that or appreciate it. I loved both films. 'Rejects' was just a twisted movie with lots of gore. It wasn't really a horror movie nor was it a sequel to 'Corpses.' It was a continuation of the story of the family and what happened when the finally got raided. Nothing to do with the previous film.

LizzyT123
Well, I did like the Devil's Rejects, but the story didn't go the way I thought it would. I thought we were going to see some more Dr. Satan, and what was the ending result of the 4 or so teens/young adults there. But I really liked the ending of Devil's Rejects, how they don't just give up, they die being as ruthless as ever. I kinda let out some tears during the end, lol. It was kinda sad, but heroic.

Konjammenson
Well, I did like the Devil's Rejects, but the story didn't go the way I thought it would. I thought we were going to see some more Dr. Satan, and what was the ending result of the 4 or so teens/young adults there. But I really liked the ending of Devil's Rejects, how they don't just give up, they die being as ruthless as ever. I kinda let out some tears during the end, lol. It was kinda sad, but heroic.

I went into it knowing it wasn't really a sequel so I wasn't disappointed by it. It would have been cool to see a continuation but I still like it for what it is. I loved the characters more than the story line itself. So it not really being a sequel was cool. It was about seeing the characters put in a different situation and whatnot.

Impediment
When I bought the DVD of The Devil's Rejects, I watched the deleted scene of Dr. Satan in the hospital tearing the throut out of HOT ass nurse Rosario Dawson. Rob said the only reason he filmed that scene was because the fans wanted it. But he felt it was too unrealistic for the final cut of the film.

LizzyT123
Well, ya see, I have a copy of The Devil's Rejects, and it is DVD, but it doesn't have special features because when my dad was in Iraq, he would send me bootleg films they make over there. So I guess I'm gonna have to rent the real one.

Impediment
The special features are worth every cent. Good stuff in there. Especially the long ass documentary about the making of.

LizzyT123
aight, deffinetly gonna have to check it out

Impediment
And just FYI, I do not think that The Devil's Rejects is, at all, crap horror. Its one of the best horror films I've seen in a long time.

LizzyT123
yeah, it was a good movie. But had some stuff in it that was "fragile to my little mind!" Like the gun rapish like scene. Whoa!

acting_girl_07
does ne1 know the words for the song in the trailer of boogeyman.
the ones that the girls sing eeryly

acting_girl_07
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing

LizzyT123
um, I think you should ask that in a different room, not titled, "Crap Horror" lol!

fRiGgIn'IDiOt34
Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud eek!

LizzyT123
Originally posted by fRiGgIn'IDiOt34
Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud eek!

uh, yes indeed

Lady_Wonka
i dont think horror movies arnt as good as they used to be. my mum always said to me she used to watch horror movies when it was really late at night on her own when she was just a bit older than me. She said " but jennie, horror movies werent scarey then there more scarey now" boy is she wrong, then i explaned to her that i watch horror movies from the 70s every single one i mentioned she hadnt seen aprt a a nightmare on elm street which shehasnt seen but she says its a loada rubbish. Again shes wrong lol

LizzyT123
My mom hates scary movies. Even if there is music that has nothing to do with a scary movie, like as if there is an organ playing somewhere, she'll freak.

I really think all the best horror movies where made in the late 70's and 80's in my opinion.

jayy
^YUP^

apoc001
Horror movies weren't ever really scary, but they did use to be way more horrible. The Exorcist was the most horrible movie I've ever seen.

On another note, and I know a lot of you will hate me for this, but, did anyone else find the Ring a little lame? I mean, seriously, my brother and I watched it late one night and we were like, "Uh... why do they want to investigate the movie?" It's like, "Hey, this movie just killed some girl." "Great, let's check it out!" You know what I mean? Plus the video quality was pretty bad. Everything was green. I thought I was watching "The Hulk" or "Radiation and You." Eventually my brother and I got so sick of it we just stopped watching it and played Street Fighter Alpha 3 instead. You'll probably all hate for saying this, but that's my opinion.

LizzyT123
I don't really care that you don't like The Ring, because everybody I know doesn't like it, and I'm just sittin there like what the hell?

I personally really liked The Ring. I liked how some of the images on the video were so disgusting, like the fingernail splitting on the nail.......ewww!

But, imo, I really liked the Ring, and wouldn't mind actually buying it. But the Ring 2, is a different story, lol.

jayy
The Ring was very good. It twisted with you mind something fierce. The Ring 2 was horrible.

Devil's Rejects was boring. I just about walked out of the theatre. It was pitiful. House Of 1000 Corpses was a different story. It was really good and twisted horror.

I hope they do a good job on The Grudge 2.

wink

LizzyT123
The Ring was very good. It twisted with you mind something fierce. The Ring 2 was horrible.

Devil's Rejects was boring. I just about walked out of the theatre. It was pitiful. House Of 1000 Corpses was a different story. It was really good and twisted horror.

I hope they do a good job on The Grudge 2.

wink

I did like The Devil's Rejects, I really did, but I wished it went back to Dr. Satan. I heard on the DVD they have at least one clip about Dr. Satan as a deleted scene, that Rob Zombie made just for the fans or something like that.

Whats the Grudge about? I didn't see it cause I thought it would be some major Crap Horror, and I don't really like Sarah Michelle Gellar as an actress.

apoc001
a haunted house

jayy

LizzyT123

jayy
No way. The saga continues.

cool

I Love Snape
i just bought Eveil Dead 2 it was more of a comedy then a horror.
i also bought Pirana it was hte lamest move since i watched the living dead 2

LizzyT123
Well, Evil Dead has its funny moments, but it will always belong to the horror section in my noodle! smile

cropsy_is_god
The problem with horror is the story has either been done or its sh*te and famous actors in them don't help them apart from scream i like Courtney & David Arquette. But other than that i hate horror's that come out now and i f**king hate re-makes.

cropsy_is_god
anyone else hate re - makes ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.