Tourney: Bonus Round!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007

DigiMark007
This might stay up longer than a week...I'll decide mid-week.

Wickerman
I'm scared sad

This is gonna be awesome wink thumb up

~wickerman~

jinzin
laughing out loud ahahahahahahahaha hkh... genius I love ya digi.. laughing

K Von Doom
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The heads of Kirbilactus, Flash Prime, and many lesser foes are impaled upon pikes at the center of the battlefield.

JPlatinum -
Name: Kirbilactus
Kenshin Himura - http://www.absoluteanime.com/rurouni_kenshin/kenshin.htm
Liu Kang - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Kang_%28Mortal_Kombat_character%29
Terry McGinnis - http://www.batmanbeyond.com/FLASH/index.html

One character has been quickly KO'd.

stormfront13
is that really all the people that lost? because nataku and isn't there

EsteemedLeader
All shall fear my wrath...

DigiMark007
Few things...

1. I stated this a couple times, but this might be new for a few people. This match is only for people who lost in the first round. The idea was that everyone in the tourney will at least have the opportunity to battle in 2 matches. Zachrivard resigned from the entire tourney, so the number has dropped down to 7 instead of 8.

2. I forgot to say this....I am allowed to vote in this match.

3. Start posting strategies if you're in the match...I want the chaos to begin.

...Personally, I haven't really eliminated anyone (except JP...sorry master). I have a few I think have the strongest starting characters *coughlaminatorkvdandesteemedleader* but I'll be voting based on arguments too, so everyone has a shot.

EsteemedLeader
Well, seeing as how one of my component characters is Deathstroke, an expert at almost all weapons, sophisticated or no, on the planet, I could use previously mentioned unbreakable swords, spears, batarangs, anything on the battlefield with ruthless efficiency.

Add the fact that Predators are well-versed in all forms of combat, and this is an elder, which is an even more effective killing machine, virtually anything on the battlefield is a resource.

I take the staked heads of Kirbilactus and Flash Prime and beat the crap out of everyone else.

Dizzle
Sweet, Rainbow Bright picks up a third scimitar and teleports behind someone who does not have a force field and quickly impales them. Then he teleports to another non-magickal scimitar and repeats. Nightcrawler is actually a master swordsman on his own, in addition to Drizzt's skills. He's also used to swordfighting with 3 swords, as oppposed to Drizzt's 2. He's fast enough to dodge Juggernaut's flying fist from less than a foot or so away, stabbing unarmored foes from behind shouldn't be a problem.

Ok, now that that's done, I'm switching my extreme bias towards GODLIKE on...

Benedict's apparently been training with pretty much all of these weapons (save the batarangs) since they were invented. I think he might have a wee tiny bit more skill than Deathstroke. That is, millenia vs. 60 or so years.

I'll let Lam handle the bulk of the strategerizing, but I'll refute whatever points come up. Bring em, kids.

EsteemedLeader
Yeah, minus the fact that my charcter is far stronger, more durable, has superhuman speed, and two layers of armor on.

You aren't stabbing me in the back today, buckaroo.no2

8bitChris
Espionage sneaks up on the area, without a sound, where the huge melee begins to take place. His spider sense keen and warding off any projectiles or attacks.

Grinning slightly as he cluster bombs the whole area and immediately uses his enhanced sense to locate for bodies and uses four of his six arms to fire razor webbing at them with the accuracy of Deadpool and the Black Panther combined. All this, while using his remaining to arms to remove his pistols from their holsters.

Mauler
Dizzle's Guy
and the Deacon go down!

Dizzle
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Yeah, minus the fact that my charcter is far stronger, more durable, has superhuman speed, and two layers of armor on.

You aren't stabbing me in the back today, buckaroo.no2

Ok. Rainbow Bright's freaking weaker than JP's guy. Almost. Go GODLIKE!

Dizzle
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Espionage sneaks up on the area, without a sound, where the huge melee begins to take place. His spider sense keen and warding off any projectiles or attacks.

Grinning slightly as he cluster bombs the whole area and immediately uses his enhanced sense to locate for bodies and uses four of his six arms to fire razor webbing at them with the accuracy of Deadpool and the Black Panther combined. All this, while using his remaining to arms to remove his pistols from their holsters.

Mauler
Dizzle's Guy
and the Deacon go down!

And geeze, even Rainbow Bright can dodge grenades... Nightcrawler, biatch! He ports rigth next to you and cuts you good. Or bad. Yeah, bad. Hell cut you so bad, you'll wish he didn't cut you so bad he'll cut you so bad. Vibranium ain't all that great against slashing and such. It's decapitating time!

Oh, and somehow, this one site proved that Nightcrawler is actually well above peak human strength and durability... He took a good number of punches from Spiderman, and he was once transformed from a mutant into a human body. He was still an amazing acrobat, (same body, just not mutantified) but could not keep up with a hologram of himself. And he jumped around in a crowd of thugs carrying a full grown man.

Basically, I port behind you and cut off your head, because vibranium gives you minimal protection against my magically sharpened scimitars. And the adamantium one that I picked up.

Laminator_X
GODLIKE is stonger, faster, and vastly more skilled than everyone else in this round!

In addition to Benedict's millenia of constant combat, he carries Leto II's ancestral memories of hundreds of generations of Fremen (deasert warriors who easily clobbered the galaxy's most elite shock troopers) on his mother's side and Bene Gesserit (martial artists thousands of years beyond our current techniques, immune to pain and capable of geting the drop on the aforementioned Fremen) on his father's side.

Also, his prescience (precog+postcog+clairavoyance) is so powerful that it blinds other precogs! They have no sense of him, from the Navigators who guide spaceships through hyperspace, to Leto's own father whose similar power
enabled him to overcome his eyes being burned out, to all these jokers with spider-sense! He'll know everyone else's abilities and weaknesses, but noone else will have any warning of his attacks. Lots of people with spider-sense are going to be shot in the back ot their heads without warning.

GODLIKE will be constantly moving at high speeds. The sandtrout-symbiote enabled 10-year-old Leto to run at tornament-maxing speeds. Benedict's body is faster than a world-class runner to begin with, and then gets a 10x strength boost from Dreadstar's sword on top of that. He will be a blur! His Amberite + Bene-Gesserit-training reflexes will let him react and maneuver effectively at high speeds. With his prescience to guide him he won't be walking into any ambushes like Flash getting stabbed by Deathstroke either. The other combattants will only see him in brief flashes as he appears to absorb an enegy blast that someone else dodged to powerup his sword, to throw a random weapon clean-through somebody's back, or to blast someone with his sword or Radium Laser.

Anyone whom he does choose to engage man-to-man will be easily dispatched by his unrivalled skills backed by power-meshed 90ton+ strength. Some opponents would find themselves with broken wrists or dislocated shoulders just from trying to parry GODLIKE's mighty blows.

Any attack that does manage to come near him will have to get past Dreadstar's sword, Dreadstar's armor (face-shield closed), and the sandtrout carapace; assuming he doesn't just dodge in the first place.

Everyone's going down!

EsteemedLeader
I could simply jump high into the air with the combination of Scorpions jump feats and the amazing boosts I get from Deathstroke and the Predator.

Then I could simply blanket the field with my grenades, and fire burner shots from my burner and shoulder cannon. Or my plasma staff bolts...

Laminator_X
How many grenades does it take to blanket 50 acres of mostly dense forest?
Only a direct hit from a grenade would even hurt GODLIKE. He's double layered with re-sealing bullet-proof armors, soft over hard.

Energy blasts are only going to serve to power up his sword.

If everyone else had already been eliminated, GODLIKE might go for some mega-jump dueling. Leto II's child-body could jump 15m straight up when melded with the sandtrout. Benedict+the sandtrout + 10x strength powerup from Vanth's sword should have some serious air. If there's anyone else left in the match though, he won't do that. It's too hard to dodge mid-jump. Speaking of which.... ZAP!

(By the by E.L.; your Doom + Heiniken sig is my favorite on the board, rivalled only by Swanky Tuna's Top Hat Attack.)

EsteemedLeader
I meant blanket the area wher YOU are...

Bwahahahaha!!!

But seriously, I'd chuck it at you...

Laminator_X
That is a better idea smile Of course you'd be shot down before you could blanket anyplace, and then I'd just move out of the way of the few you might get to throw.

If there's an adamant spear or something nearby, I might also skewer you on your descent too, just for style, provided there's nothing else developing that requires my attention. Arrrrgh!

EsteemedLeader
Hm, that could be detremental if not for the fact that I block your shots with the nearly unbreakable head of Kirbilactus...

Laminator_X
LOL

Solidus Snake
using the vampires enhanced senses i can "sense" where everyone is. when 8bit chris attacks, i teleport high into the air. teleport again and 8bitchris explodes.

how? everyone wonders. i pulled a pin out of the grenade and teleported it into one of his pouches. he explodes not even knowing why he died.

when i reappear my sword is drawn for defense. i ahve reappeared behind jplatinum and take him with me on a teleporting journey. the first teleport puts him infront of shadow warrior, where i leave him. i telport again searching for my next victim

Laminator_X
As you continue to blip around wreaking havok, you'll eventually find yourself getting shot through the head from ambush with the anti-metal bullet we each get. At some point GODLIKE's prescience will let him guess where you're about to appear and get the drop on you.

A single bullet to the brain won't kill Deacon, but while he's recovering GODLIKE will bite his own lip, rush up, open both our helmets, and give the Deacon a literal Kiss of Death. GODLIKE carries the blood of an immortal (Benedict). Congratulations, Bloodscream's vampirism is cured, and the Deacon will crumble to dust.

If for some reason, that didn't work, or if someone else were bearing down to attack, I could simply chop you in half right down the middle and move on.

Solidus Snake
nice try, but as i can "sense" where u are im not gonna teleport into someones line of sight. thankx for teh concern though

Laminator_X
Hmm, I dunno. Keeping track of rough positions via enhanced senses I can buy. Keeping track of half a dozen guys exact positions and relative orientations across 50 acres of dense forest and rolling hills? Not so much.

You'd have to be some sort of clairevoyant tactical genius to do something even close to that. wink

Scoobless
Originally posted by Laminator_X
You'd have to be some sort of clairevoyant tactical genius to do something even close to that. wink

yeah..... but luckily for you all my character isn't a loser like the rest of you so you don't have to worry about it

big grin

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/677/birdshit7sk.png

Laminator_X
That poor kid!

Solidus Snake
50 acres is a big place fella

and i didnt say taht i was teleporting over the trees or something like that.

Laminator_X
Sure that's fine, but you won't be able to see everyone through the forest canapy, nor smell/hear like Bloodscream usually can if you're wearing Athro's helmet. You could probably see/find where a fight's underway (before you started to fall) with no problems, but beyond that your precision will be limited.

Solidus Snake
look at my file from the last touney....i can do um just fine.

Laminator_X
Ah, OK. Helmet that doesn't impede. My bad.

The probblem with your strategy is that this is a very complex environment. Finding one opponent in a dark empty baseball stadium is nothing like tracking six guys through 50 acres of hilly forest.

Smell and hearing are dependant upon air currents. Wind and temperature variation cause scents and sounds to bend and drift. Unless you're close by, the best you can do is know the general direction something is in, and a rough idea of distance. Sure you could track and eventually zero in on somebody, but only by following their trail. Senses other than sight just arent sufficiently precise longer ranges to pinpoint someone's position the way you're describing.

8bitChris
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
using the vampires enhanced senses i can "sense" where everyone is. when 8bit chris attacks, i teleport high into the air. teleport again and 8bitchris explodes.

how? everyone wonders. i pulled a pin out of the grenade and teleported it into one of his pouches. he explodes not even knowing why he died.

when i reappear my sword is drawn for defense. i ahve reappeared behind jplatinum and take him with me on a teleporting journey. the first teleport puts him infront of shadow warrior, where i leave him. i telport again searching for my next victim

You didn't teleport anything to me. My spidey sensed warned me an attack was coming and I moved out of the area before you could even arrive in it.

Spotting you above, I wrap your arms and legs in razor webbing and quickly remove them.

"I wonder if a torso can teleport?"

Solidus Snake
u wouldnt spot me in midair...im not hovering

i come and go in a split second

by the time ur webbing got there id be gone

hobgoblin punked him up pretty good, and hes an ordinary human. i am more than a human. the grenade would blow up before the webbing left ur hand

DigiMark007
My absolute favorite part of the macth so far was EsteemedLeader saying he'd take Kirbilactus' head and using it's nigh-unbreakable properties as a shield. Pure genius. laughing

It will be assumed that Kirbilactus' head weighs Class Infinite and only by "Leaguing Up" can HKH lift it...the rest of you can't. And Flash Prime's head is so fast that it doesn't actually exist...it just looks like it does....so no dice there either. laughing out loud

Dizzle
My absolute favorite part of the macth so far was EsteemedLeader saying he'd take Kirbilactus' head and using it's nigh-unbreakable properties as a shield. Pure genius. laughing

It will be assumed that Kirbilactus' head weighs Class Infinite and only by "Leaguing Up" can HKH lift it...the rest of you can't. And Flash Prime's head is so fast that it doesn't actually exist...it just looks like it does....so no dice there either. laughing out loud

But if one could harness the head's now latent energies, and use it's mystical, omniverse devouring power for themselves...

All shall fear the might... of Rainbow Bright! (heehee, that rhymes)

Laminator_X
Can we pull off a tournament win if we can team up to take down HKH?

Dizzle
Can we pull off a tournament win if we can team up to take down HKH?

I volunteer myself as GODLIKE's first fanboy... When I'm done, he'll be right up there with Wolverine: Transcending the concept of "leagues", and therefore defeating HKH.

I'll start here:

Precog? Class 100 strength? Superspeed, and skills to match? This guy would totally beat the crap out of the Hulk... (next stop, Darkseid... then Thanos... then... EVERYTHING!)

DigiMark007
I'm not convinced that Godlike would have class 100 strength, though he'd definitely be stronger than most. And the pre-cog is a bit vague...I realize it would be good, but it can't be used as a catch-all for any incoming attack. It would act as sort of a slightly enhanced spider-sense, with possible other benefits like knowing some things about your opponents.

In any case, Lam's the only one who has posted a good body of debate just yet, and with Dizzle essentially helping Godlike, right now the battle's a bit one-sided. Some other people better get their act together if they want to have a chance...(also, a noticeable absence of KVD thus far...he seemed to have a decent shot). Dizzle and Lam have pretty much teamed up...it might be a good idea for others to start that as well... smile

jinzin
I'm not convinced that Godlike would have class 100 strength, though he'd definitely be stronger than most. And the pre-cog is a bit vague...I realize it would be good, but it can't be used as a catch-all for any incoming attack. It would act as sort of a slightly enhanced spider-sense, with possible other benefits like knowing some things about your opponents.

In any case, Lam's the only one who has posted a good body of debate just yet, and with Dizzle essentially helping Godlike, right now the battle's a bit one-sided. Some other people better get their act together if they want to have a chance...(also, a noticeable absence of KVD thus far...he seemed to have a decent shot). Dizzle and Lam have pretty much teamed up...it might be a good idea for others to start that as well... smile

yup... just like I pointed out a week ago.. people should have made alliances to ensure their own survival...

Laminator_X
My strength estimate is based on the rather conservative assumtion that if a ten year old boy with the sandtrout carapace/symbiote gets boosted 100x-200x to 5+ tons, Benedict's much stronger body with the same carapace will only get between 4x to 6x strength. Diminishing returns and all. Given that these things eventually become Sandworms, I don't think I'm in danger of hitting a hard maximum.

Dreadstar's sword, being neither biological or mechanical, suffers no effieciency decrease for a stronger subject, and has at times in his career been a 40x or more boost. Here we're sticking with 10x.

Depending on what assumptions you make about Leto II's strength pre/post symbiosis, you could get numbers far beyond Class 100.

An honorable mention should go to the first amalgam that I rip in half like a wishbone!

xmarksthespot
Kirbilactus cannot die! He eats death... like marshmallows... it only makes him more puffy, more pink and more powerful.

The head you have is nothing more than a shell - though immeasurable power is still within it to be harnessed - simply because it was once inhabited by Kirbilactus. Kirbilactus lives. And will continue to devour until there is no more to devour.

newjak86
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Kirbilactus cannot die! He eats death... like marshmallows... it only makes him more puffy, more pink and more powerful.

The head you have is nothing more than a shell - though immeasurable power is still within it to be harnessed - simply because it was once inhabited by Kirbilactus. Kirbilactus lives. And will continue to devour until there is no more to devour. Thats my boy always eating I wonder when he will soon realize he has an eating disorder and will get help.

DigiMark007
Somebody mentioned cluster-bombing an ongoing fight and it got me thinking...

If nothing else, with 7 people in this fight, one can conjure a rather insane image of all these amalgams running around in an epic battle, even if it's in a large space. I, for one, am amused.

And yeah, the team-up tactic seems to have worked. Props to Dizzle for sacrificing his chances to improve another's chances....we'll see if it ends up working or not.

P.S. More strategies! Some have barely shown themselves so far in the fight. I remember having to type out counters to 4-5 people twice a day in my bonus round (last tourney)...and not even being the top poster (Sentry and SF took those honors...and SF nearly won).

K Von Doom
The winner of the 7-person melee last tournament was going to the semi's, so thus, more contested. Well, that's what I think anyway...

Laminator_X
It was quiet, too quiet...

JPLATINUM, I'M CALLIN' YOU OUT!

After shoting down Mauler, GODLIKE is chasing down Lil' Kirbilactus. He's the next fastest guy in the match and I'm going to cut him out from the herd and run him down. I'm pickin up an unbrakeable main-gauche to go with Vanth's sword and showing Lil K what swordplay's all about.

Anyone tries to take advantage and jack me, don't even think about it. I'll only break off and focus on you instead!

Dizzle
Originally posted by K Von Doom
The winner of the 7-person melee last tournament was going to the semi's, so thus, more contested. Well, that's what I think anyway...

I like this way, personally. The trading thing would make a win from this round a bit cheap. It's still fun though, and still gives an actual incentive. Also, if you got knocked out in the first round, is it really likely that you survive the semis and finals without improving your charcter at all?

Laminator_X
Perhaps I'm being selfish? Dizzle would you care to wet your blades on Lil'Kirbilcactus? I wouldn't want to deprive you of the opportunity to show what Rainbow Brite is made of against another master swordsman?

Dizzle
Perhaps I'm being selfish? Dizzle would you care to wet your blades on Lil'Kirbilcactus? I wouldn't want to deprive you of the opportunity to show what Rainbow Brite is made of against another master swordsman?

Meh, if I have to... He IS the only one I can definitly beat... Sure, I'll have a go.

For the record, 2nd fastest isn't necessarily true. Several of Kenshin's physical betters (including a dude who copied the Hiten Mitsurugi style from him) were mowed down with a primitive gattling gun. He's agile, but as far as ground speed goes, he's nothing special. 10 bucks says, should he arrive, JP says "but he stood on Sanosuke's sword!" Which he did... He dodged a vertical slash, then grabbed onto the blade as Sano tried to reverse it into a diagonal slash. Agility, dexterity. Drizzt and Nightcrawler each beat the crap out of him for both.

As far as sword skills, Kenshin's a beast. But he's no Drizzt. Drizzt, being the elf who fights multiple century-old, battle hardened warriors simulataneously and wins. Then there's Nightcrawler, who also trained in swordsmanship with 6 or 7 opponents. He's also got 3 swords to Kenshin's one. If he decides to keep his morals, and the steel reverse blade sword, a good chop from my above-peak human strength (yes, Nightcrawler is above peak human strength) will likely snap it in half.

As to a strategy... Grab two extra swords. Port behind him, throw a sword with my foot. (I got NC's body, btw) Port above him, repeat. Port behind him again, and hack at him. Between two swords flying at him from different angles, my masterful swordsmanship/optic blasts, and my natural agility and dexterity, he's gon' die. Or I could nix that and keep randomly teleporting in circles around him and blasting. Liu Kang isn't exactly the most durable of kids, one hit should be plenty.

FEAR RAINBOW BRIGHT!!!

Dizzle
FEAR!!!

Laminator_X
Wow, Legwarmers of Speed!

Dizzle
Hey, Legwarmers are IT in rainbowland this year... And that's speed AND bunnies. Legwarmers of speed and bunnies. ...Don't ask.

Laminator_X
Let's get some more action!

Since Rainbow seems to have Lil'K. in his sights, I will turn my attention to the not currently engaged Shadow Warrior 2099. What've you got KVD?

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Dizzle
I like this way, personally. The trading thing would make a win from this round a bit cheap. It's still fun though, and still gives an actual incentive. Also, if you got knocked out in the first round, is it really likely that you survive the semis and finals without improving your charcter at all?

Against another opponent. In a different environment. With different tactics. Probably.

Laminator_X
Against another opponent. In a different environment. With different tactics. Probably.

Heck, that's true of most of us, really. Noone in the entire tourney had even heard of my biggest asset. That's a tough row to hoe.

So anyway, I'm slowing down enough to move quietly. Thanks to my prescience I can find you with relative ease, while your Spider Sense 2099 is oblivious to my approach. Taking a bead on you with my Radium Laser...

K Von Doom
Heck, that's true of most of us, really.

Well, that's what I was saying smile

grey fox
Meh, if I have to... He IS the only one I can definitly beat... Sure, I'll have a go.

For the record, 2nd fastest isn't necessarily true. Several of Kenshin's physical betters (including a dude who copied the Hiten Mitsurugi style from him) were mowed down with a primitive gattling gun. He's agile, but as far as ground speed goes, he's nothing special. 10 bucks says, should he arrive, JP says "but he stood on Sanosuke's sword!" Which he did... He dodged a vertical slash, then grabbed onto the blade as Sano tried to reverse it into a diagonal slash. Agility, dexterity. Drizzt and Nightcrawler each beat the crap out of him for both.

As far as sword skills, Kenshin's a beast. But he's no Drizzt. Drizzt, being the elf who fights multiple century-old, battle hardened warriors simulataneously and wins. Then there's Nightcrawler, who also trained in swordsmanship with 6 or 7 opponents. He's also got 3 swords to Kenshin's one. If he decides to keep his morals, and the steel reverse blade sword, a good chop from my above-peak human strength (yes, Nightcrawler is above peak human strength) will likely snap it in half.

As to a strategy... Grab two extra swords. Port behind him, throw a sword with my foot. (I got NC's body, btw) Port above him, repeat. Port behind him again, and hack at him. Between two swords flying at him from different angles, my masterful swordsmanship/optic blasts, and my natural agility and dexterity, he's gon' die. Or I could nix that and keep randomly teleporting in circles around him and blasting. Liu Kang isn't exactly the most durable of kids, one hit should be plenty.

FEAR RAINBOW BRIGHT!!!

Wait one freakin minutie........ we can use anime characters ?

DAMN YOU , GUY WHO MAKES UP RULES WHICH I HAVE YET TO FULLY SEE DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

..........oh and my votes for rainbow bright , gotta love those legwarmers of speed.

Laminator_X

So anyway, I'm slowing down enough to move quietly. Thanks to my prescience I can find you with relative ease, while your Spider Sense 2099 is oblivious to my approach. Taking a bead on you with my Radium Laser...

ZAP! Easy headshot since my approach was undetected. Again, a single shot may not be enough to finish Darkhawk's robot-body. GODLIKE quickly close on the reeling Shadow Warrior 2099 and dispatch him with two uber-strong slashes from Dreadstar's sword. I then dash into the forest with a quickness leaving the four pieces that used to be Shadow Warrior 2099 where they fell.

Hulk-Killer Humanoid will have quite the macabre collection of lawn ornaments by the time I'm done!

Dizzle
Originally posted by grey fox
Wait one freakin minutie........ we can use anime characters ?

DAMN YOU , GUY WHO MAKES UP RULES WHICH I HAVE YET TO FULLY SEE DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

..........oh and my votes for rainbow bright , gotta love those legwarmers of speed.

Yeah, all characters who fit inside the tourney limits were allowed. GODLIKE only has one comic character...

And woohoo! It's 1-nil-nil-nil-nil-nil-nil, in favor of Rainbow Bright. FEAR THE COLORS!!!

DigiMark007
Well, that's what I was saying smile

Hey KVD...um, you're in this match. For how much you've posted, none of it ahs been strategy...just found it a bit curious.

Though I see your point...last tourney we could come back and win the thing...I didn't want that happening this time, but also wanted to have some fun, but it probably made less incentive for everyone. Holy run-on sentence Batman! Anyway, point taken, but a chance for 3rd should still be coveted, or at least I would if I were still in it.

K Von Doom
Hey KVD...um, you're in this match.

I know. roll eyes (sarcastic) I hope Rainbow Bright wins. shifty

DigiMark007
K then, guess that's settled. Though KVD's vote can't count since he's in the match...sorry.

Guess I'll make it a tie then....
I vote Laminator. Dizzle, I love the pic and actually think you still have a badass amalgam, but Godlike is, well, pretty god-like.

Rainbow Bright and Godlike lead 1-1-0-0-0-0-0. Hopefully those left in the tourney will show up and vote too.

Laminator_X
Espionage will be the next to feel the wrath of GODLIKE!

8-Bit Chris, prepare yourself.

Dizzle
Hahahaha, me winning would possibly be the coolest thing ever. I'd concede to Lam, but it would still be pretty kickass.

Why? The fight would probably go something like this...

RB teleports behind GODLIKE. GODLIKE is warned through precog, and lazily swings his arm back, tearing Rainbow Bright in half.

That's best case scenario. The other ones involve him, me, and seppuku with 3 swords...

grey fox
Hahahaha, me winning would possibly be the coolest thing ever. I'd concede to Lam, but it would still be pretty kickass.

Why? The fight would probably go something like this...

RB teleports behind GODLIKE. GODLIKE is warned through precog, and lazily swings his arm back, tearing Rainbow Bright in half.

That's best case scenario. The other ones involve him, me, and seppuku with 3 swords...

.......ouch

Laminator_X
Fear not Dizzle, should Rainbow Bright be willing to yield she will be spared from the massacre. For that matter, I could use a good sidekick when I go gunning for Hulk Killer after the match. smile

grey fox
Fear not Dizzle, should Rainbow Bright be willing to yield she will be spared from the massacre. For that matter, I could use a good sidekick when I go gunning for Hulk Killer after the match. smile

OH MY GOD.......

do you realize how many universal laws you broke there . Your 'sidekick' shall be ripped to shreds by the almighty humanoid of hulk killing...ness

Laminator_X
Well, I figured GODLIKE would cover the heavy lifting.

long pig
Shocktopus looks on with disgust.......http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1285/ggg2fd.png

Dizzle
Originally posted by long pig
Shocktopus looks on with disgust.......http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1285/ggg2fd.png

Yeah, he's definitely got some... FEAR!!!

newjak86
EsteemedLeader come on you got to post and win this.

Dizzle
Originally posted by newjak86
EsteemedLeader come on you got to post and win this.

He got his limbs ripped off and his voicebox torn out, sorry.

newjak86
He got his limbs ripped off and his voicebox torn out, sorry. LOL
but seriously what happened he has only posted once and now people are probably thinking my guy is getting ran all over come on EL get up.
You can do it.

Laminator_X
I believe when we last saw Mauler he had been shot down and skewered during an unsuccessful areal bombardment maneuver.

newjak86
I believe when we last saw Mauler he had been shot down and skewered during an unsuccessful areal bombardment maneuver. Really sad
Thus ends the epic campaign of Mauler I guess or is it......... evil face

DigiMark007
Hell, you want the reins back newjak? I won't stop it if you're willing.

stormfront13
i vote dizzle

EsteemedLeader
Alright, I just got my power back on from that stupid hurricane. What happened?

grey fox
You all died after the mighty power of kirbilacticus was destroyed upon witnessing the power of......

TROGDOR THE BURNiNATOR

newjak86
Hell, you want the reins back newjak? I won't stop it if you're willing. I was thinking about I was giving EL till today before I asked maybe it would have been Saturday but he is back now so go get them EL

EsteemedLeader
Hmmm, I guess I could snag someone by the throat with my tail, then wail on them while they are immobilized...

EsteemedLeader
Alright, I'm probly ****ed thanks to my post-hurricane state and missing valuable voting time, but here goes nothing. I'll post strategies to kill you all:

Laminator:
I have all of your powers, except many of them are to higher levels than yours. The only one you have that is actually better is healing factor, but it isn't enough to save you in this fight. And your durability is better, but factor in my three layers of armor and I'm more durable as well. Although your Benedict part is master of state-of-the-art weapons, guess what, so is Deathstroke. My weapons are better than yours as well. Plus, do to my superpowered nature, I can harness them even better.

Dizzle:
I can overcome your teleportation by doing something mindlessly simple, namely always being on the move and moving very erratically(sp). I'd say Drizzt is slightly more skilled than Deathstroke, however I also have Elder Predator skill backing me up. So skill-wise, you're ****ed. And I can match your Cyke blasts with the small armory I have. And physically, you aren't very sturdy. In fact, whoever you chose for a body is going to be frail. Cyclops isn't even peak human durability, Drizzt is an elf, and Nightcrawler is scrawny. A solid blow from me will be more than a hazard.

Solidus Snake:
Hmm, a lot of the above, except I'll have to get around the durability and strength problem. Well, with armor and Scorpion strength enhanced by Deathstroke supersoldier powers, I have you outdone as well. And while Groo is formidable, I have double skill from my amazing combination of Deathstroke and Predator once again.

8BitChris:
Your six arms don't prevent me from choking you with my tail, impaling you in the head with my stinger, then hacking your head off. That is pretty much all I need to say.

KVD:
If I'm correct, 2099 doesn't have spider-sense. Physically I am about even with you, and I have three layers of armor in response to your one. I am at least as skilled as you. I have more weapons than you. And since your force-field only covers your front, I can attack you head-on and stab you in the back with my tail.

JPlatinum:
Finally, a worthy opponent. Skill-wise...I'm not stupid, you have an advantage. However, not by a lot. And in response, once again, my armor is superior. Stength-wise, I can crush you. Many of your best toys are shut down. I have superpowers, you don't. My burner can pierce your armor easily, and your no-more-than-human body can't withstand it. And with your lack of long range attacks, I can leap into the air and blanket you with mass weapons fire. You may be able to run incredibly fast, but Deathstroke has put down Kid Flash before, so it's not going to help you much.

Dizzle
JP? Your challenge? HOW!?!?!?! He's weaker than my guy, slower than my guy, less mobile than my guy, has worse energy projection than my guy, has worse reactions than my guy, and is not even close to as skilled as my guy. Nightcrawler is a master swordsman, on top of Drizzt, and on top of Cyclops's skill, him being the leader of the X Men since their founding a billion and a half years ago. He has... Kenshin as his only swordsman. Who is really freaking good, but still no Drizzt. I'm not saying I'd end up well against Mauler, (even though I'm somehow winning...) but I'd beat the living crap out of Kirbilactus.

Now, on to GODLIKE vs. you...

As far as his advantages go:
Strength (class 100, or if you're conservative, really really close to it. You're class 30, being generous. And that's assuming Scorpions suit boosts people who haven't had the original experiments done to them)

Speed (Leto's already faster than all of you by himself, plus all of the strength enhancements)

Skill (Benedict... Milleniums of constant, hardcore training. Beats up on small armies by himself... yadda yadda. He's got full Navy SEAL gear, plus a magic sword)

Durability (He has bulletproof body armor and bulletproof skin. You have chainmail, minimal amounts of platemail w/ gaps, and spandex)

Energy Projection (You shoot at him, it gets absorbed and sent back at you. But better. Dreadstar's blast did punch through starship armor, correct?)

I think that covers it... But yeah, it's not even close, GODLIKE is freaking insane. Totally godlike.

And since you definitely don't have enough... FEAR...

EsteemedLeader
Hm, looks to me like
5x10=50

So I don't know how you end up with 100 strength.

Remember, there is a limiting cap on speed, so if Leto is faster than Mauler, who 2/3 of is at max speed for the tourney, then it is ILLEGAL. He can't be any faster than Spider-Man, remember?

And you truly underestimate my armors, two of which are titanium strength. And this is medium Pred armor, so it is not 'minimal' in any way. It covers more than a decent amount of my body. My durability is better than GODLIKE's.

Navy SEAL gear? Please, have you seen 'Predator'? He made an entire elite team of combat-ready mercenaries his *****, and that wasn't even an elder.

Why are you debating GODLIKE anyway? Trying to confuse people to steal some votes?

grey fox
I am sorry but you lose in the end mr esteemed leader as all of my clients have neck stabbing insurance and as such get uber backups from......

THE LAWYER OF DOOM !!!!

DigiMark007
Ha, actual debate.

Grey fox amuses me too...I'm not sure what his point in these threads are, but he showed up randomly demanding to know the tourney rules and hasn't left since then....good stuff.

This fight will stay up a few more days. Jinzin requested his match be postponed and I'm happy to oblige. Tuesday looks good for the next round at the moment.

Dizzle
Hm, looks to me like
5x10=50

So I don't know how you end up with 100 strength.

Remember, there is a limiting cap on speed, so if Leto is faster than Mauler, who 2/3 of is at max speed for the tourney, then it is ILLEGAL. He can't be any faster than Spider-Man, remember?

And you truly underestimate my armors, two of which are titanium strength. And this is medium Pred armor, so it is not 'minimal' in any way. It covers more than a decent amount of my body. My durability is better than GODLIKE's.

Navy SEAL gear? Please, have you seen 'Predator'? He made an entire elite team of combat-ready mercenaries his *****, and that wasn't even an elder.

Why are you debating GODLIKE anyway? Trying to confuse people to steal some votes?

He has Leto's sandtrout skin on Benedict's body. Leto was a peak 10 year old, Benedict is a good bit beyond peak human. The difference in their base strength is how he gets class 100. He even has equations to back it up...

You only have titanium chainmail covering many spots on your body. The armor offers MEDIUM protection. So while getting under it and hitting you in the side would be hard with a gun, it's really not much of a problem for someone as skilled as GODLIKE with a sword. Or he could just cut off your legs... Both his armor and his skin are bulletproof... At the very least, it's pretty close to equal.

All of the guys that make up GODLIKE are below the speed cap on their own. Meshed together, they go above it by a whole lot. Which has already been ruled legal, conveniently after I got shafted by it in the first round.

He has Navy Seal gear, but he's well beyond the actual Seals in both skill and physical ability. The Pred won because of these two categories, not necessarily because of his weapons.

I'm arguing for GODLIKE because I gave up probably the most integral part of my original amalgam to make him nigh-on untouchable in this tourney.

EsteemedLeader
I am sorry but you lose in the end mr esteemed leader as all of my clients have neck stabbing insurance and as such get uber backups from......

THE LAWYER OF DOOM !!!!

Fool, your lawyer of doom is no match for...

...THE POWER OF ATTORNEY!!!

EsteemedLeader
He has Leto's sandtrout skin on Benedict's body. Leto was a peak 10 year old, Benedict is a good bit beyond peak human. The difference in their base strength is how he gets class 100. He even has equations to back it up...

You only have titanium chainmail covering many spots on your body. The armor offers MEDIUM protection. So while getting under it and hitting you in the side would be hard with a gun, it's really not much of a problem for someone as skilled as GODLIKE with a sword. Or he could just cut off your legs... Both his armor and his skin are bulletproof... At the very least, it's pretty close to equal.

All of the guys that make up GODLIKE are below the speed cap on their own. Meshed together, they go above it by a whole lot. Which has already been ruled legal, conveniently after I got shafted by it in the first round.

He has Navy Seal gear, but he's well beyond the actual Seals in both skill and physical ability. The Pred won because of these two categories, not necessarily because of his weapons.

I'm arguing for GODLIKE because I gave up probably the most integral part of my original amalgam to make him nigh-on untouchable in this tourney.

Scorpion is as strong as Spider-Man.

Add in the Deathstroke serum, roughly a x10 multiplier, and I have 150 class strength.

So, I suggest you drop the strength argument.

Adam Warlock
Voting for Fo Shizzle Dizzle!

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Voting for Fo Shizzle Dizzle!

Mauler would punk his amalgam, how could you vote for him?

Dizzle

Add in the Deathstroke serum, roughly a x10 multiplier, and I have 150 class strength.

Actually, it was ruled that it doesn't work like that. You don't get to redo each process that granted characters their power in order to stack them to your advantage. Otherwise, having Spiderman would automatically be a 150x increase in strength to any other character. Now say you take Spiderman, Scarlet Spider, and Deathstroke. We'd be talking a guy who could bench 45,000 tons, by your logic. (and THAT's assuming that Parker could bench 200 before he got bitten) Sorry, but it just doesn't work like that.

I originally took Leto just after the skin was put on. He still had other skin underneath, but the sandtrout were slowly binding themselves to him. This is just taking that skin and putting it on Benedict, who is much better than Leto physically. That alone probably puts him right around 15 or so tons. Add in Vanth's straight 10x multiplier (sword) and he is also somewhere in the 100-150 ton range. (I DID say 10 was being conservative...) Leto by himself also showed feats above class 5, btw. He never had an official strength stated, but jumping 15 meters straight up would give Spiderman some problems. I'd go as far as saying he'd be right around 10 tons by himself, if not even a bit more.

EsteemedLeader
Actually, it was ruled that it doesn't work like that. You don't get to redo each process that granted characters their power in order to stack them to your advantage. Otherwise, having Spiderman would automatically be a 150x increase in strength to any other character. Now say you take Spiderman, Scarlet Spider, and Deathstroke. We'd be talking a guy who could bench 45,000 tons, by your logic. (and THAT's assuming that Parker could bench 200 before he got bitten) Sorry, but it just doesn't work like that.

I originally took Leto just after the skin was put on. He still had other skin underneath, but the sandtrout were slowly binding themselves to him. This is just taking that skin and putting it on Benedict, who is much better than Leto physically. That alone probably puts him right around 15 or so tons. Add in Vanth's straight 10x multiplier (sword) and he is also somewhere in the 100-150 ton range. (I DID say 10 was being conservative...) Leto by himself also showed feats above class 5, btw. He never had an official strength stated, but jumping 15 meters straight up would give Spiderman some problems. I'd go as far as saying he'd be right around 10 tons by himself, if not even a bit more.

If we can't copy the processes by which characters got their powers, then you wouldn't be bound by the sandtrout, would you?

Dizzle
If we can't copy the processes by which characters got their powers, then you wouldn't be bound by the sandtrout, would you?

The skin wasn't an integral part of his body though. I'd say it's closer to a symbiote than anything; he could remove it and still just be Leto. Deathstroke, however, cannot take away his enhancements, they're built into his genetic structure. Big difference.

EsteemedLeader
Well, I could take away the sword, then kill GODLIKE...

Dizzle
Well, I could take away the sword, then kill GODLIKE...

Good luck, since he conjures it at will. And he's faster, stronger, and much more skilled than you.

EsteemedLeader
He won't be stronger when I get my hands on it and proceed to beat the crap out of him.

And I doubt he's more skilled, considering I have the combined Deathstroke and Predator.

And his strength shouldn't be much more than mine anyway...

Dizzle
He won't be stronger when I get my hands on it and proceed to beat the crap out of him.

And I doubt he's more skilled, considering I have the combined Deathstroke and Predator.

And his strength shouldn't be much more than mine anyway...

When's the last time Deathstroke took an entire army on by himself with a sword? Benedict's done it thousands of times. Leto had the best of the best training on Dune. He was an elite Fremen, a people who proved themselves better than the army that struck fear into the hearts of EVERY house in the first Dune book, the Sardukar. He was also highly trained by Bene Gesserit. And as far as I've seen, Vanth is not one to be called a slouch, though I can't say I know much about him.

You also have Scorpion... That HAS to be a negative in the skills department.

Once again, good luck taking the sword. It's connected to Vanth.

EsteemedLeader
I thought Benedict was supposed to have skill with state-of-the-art weapons, like the SEALS gear.

Would that improve his sword ability? No.

Scoobless
haven't read this all yet..... anyone teaming up with anyone else to improve their chances yet?

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Scoobless
haven't read this all yet..... anyone teaming up with anyone else to improve their chances yet?

Well, Dizzle is debating Laminators character for some reason...

...seems unfair to me.

Dizzle
I thought Benedict was supposed to have skill with state-of-the-art weapons, like the SEALS gear.

Would that improve his sword ability? No.

He's apparently been training since swords WERE state of the art weapons. Once Lam gets back, he can go into further detail.

And hell yes I'm arguing for GODLIKE. He's 1/3 Leto Atreides II. And I am QUITE the Leto Atreides II fanboy. I think that qualifies as teaming up... And it's definitely working. Between us, we have all 3 votes so far! Though how I got 2, I have no idea. I didn't really start going at it with EL until after all of em were cast...

Laminator_X
ALRIGHT, I'M BACK!

Sorry to keep the fans waiting, had a pesky friend's wedsding to attend. While Esteemed Leader's arguments are largely based on misconceptions, it's nice to have someone actually attempting to stand up to me. Kudos to Dizzle for stepping up in my absence. What a guy.

E.L. before we go any further, I suggest you (and any potential voters) go back and take a look at my bout with Jinzin, particularly the middle section where I post lots of material about Benedict and Dreadstar. I won't duplicate it all here, but I'll sumarise.

Benedict is essentially a demigod of war from a setting whete such beings aren't as physically powerful as they are in comics. As Hercules is to strength, Benedict is to martial skills. Phisically speaking, he's beyond peak human across the board, but below Spiderman's level in strength and agility. As far as his skills go, imagine someone like Deathstroke, a real psycho about seeking challenges and bettering himself. Now imagine if someone like that spent several thousand years wandering through countless alternate realities consttantly seeking ever greater challenges. That's Benedict.

He is the immortal swordsman whom other immortal swordsman flee across entire worlds to avoid facing. Deathstroke's entire carees would be like a pleasant summer-camp memory to Benedict.

Regaurding Godlike's strength, I explained the basis for my estimates both here and in the general discussion thread. Go back and read them.If anything, they are low estimates.

Your claims of being stronger, faster, and more skillful are wholely without merit, thoug I understand that's just because you're un-familliar with the characters. Look at the material I posted in Battle #3, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

newjak86
Just ot clarify fir EL restrictions have been removed so he is wearing Heavey Pred Armor which covers great deal of area including the torso and allows him to wear to heavey plasma casters stronger than the normal ones and now he has two. That chainmail is DC's adamantium so you can't cut through it even with Uber metals. He ncan now carry his full arsenal with hyim from both the Pred and DS. Which includes weapons that are handeld and one shot equals a Naplam Bombing plus he has his self destruct device now. He has his claoking ability now.
Skill you've got to be kidding me. DS is not some ordinary soldier skill wise. He is an enhanced person who can quickly come up with multiple plans of attack fast and execute them even faster. Has he ever fought an army he has gone up against the JLA and Teen Titans which make armies look like chew toys. Now you add on the fact that he has the exprience from a roughly thousand year old Pred and no one here can touch him in the Combat ability department.
Speed means nothing to Mauler as he has hit the Flash and kid flash as well. These people's speed aren't going to overwelm him. The Pred the helmet will allow him to know where everything is at on the battle field so no you can't hide from him. Plus he carries an armory that makes Wolverine and Cyclops look like chumps. More Uber metal weapons then you can shake an eye at more high powered weapons than you can deal with.
(Oh yeah by the way since a Pred ship can be controled from the ground I could use a Pred ship as well to bombard the area clean of life)

DigiMark007
Normally this is when I'd close this fight...but it'll be up until Tuesday per Jinzin's request.

TwisterGameX
Where is jinzin...is he dead ?

DigiMark007
Nah just gone for a few days...didn't want his fight starting and not be able to defend himself. We're nearly done with the tourney, and aren't on a strict time schedule, so I was happy to bump the semis back.

TwisterGameX
So when this one end, there is a brand new one...where people could enter ?

grey fox
Well, Dizzle is debating Laminators character for some reason...

...seems unfair to me.

Meh , this kinda crap happens all of the time .

On a completely unrelated note , i just went on a spending spree and picked up

Dragonball Advanced Adventure
V for Vendetta (graphic novel)
Metroid Fusion
Batman Begins
and Akira

WOOT WOOT

EsteemedLeader
Batman Begins sucked.

(Probly just flushed any possibility of winning down the toilet)

Laminator_X
Erm, my understanding was that Digi had not removed the individual element power restrictions. If that is not the case, it's not a problem. Taking the wraps off Benedict and Dreadstar's other powers would end things right quick.

K Von Doom
KVD:
If I'm correct, 2099 doesn't have spider-sense. Physically I am about even with you, and I have three layers of armor in response to your one. I am at least as skilled as you. I have more weapons than you. And since your force-field only covers your front, I can attack you head-on and stab you in the back with my tail.

You don't want to mess with SW-2099. My alien armor won't be pierced by a sword, if you even get that close. A hadoken, chest blast and eye beams with auto targeting will easily rend your armor and take you out... if I was to debate, that is.

EsteemedLeader
You don't want to mess with SW-2099. My alien armor won't be pierced by a sword, if you even get that close. A hadoken, chest blast and eye beams with auto targeting will easily rend your armor and take you out... if I was to debate, that is.

Scorpion's tail can pierce titanium...

K Von Doom
Scorpion's tail can pierce titanium...

Great! Too bad you won't get to use that ability when you've been taken out at range. Webs + grappling hook + dense forest + spiderman reflexes = I have maneuverability advantage, for once smile

EsteemedLeader
Tail + Scorpion reflexes + Deathstrokes speed and agility boost + Predators and Deathstroke TRAINING in how to fight in the wilderness

I should have the advangtage in maneuverability

K Von Doom
Ground maneuverability may be equal. But webs and grappling hook give me greater vertical and diagonal movement. I could propel myself above the forest if I wanted to, and control aerial movement by snagging trees with webs to control my direction.

EsteemedLeader
But if you are above the treeline it's doubtful you'd hit anything...

DigiMark007
Power meshing and armor meshing are acceptable ad encouraged...but any limits on individuals (such as no TK, flight, etc.) are still there.

And Dizzle can debate for whoever he wants...it seems to be working as a strategy at the moment, since he's winning. smile

K Von Doom
But if you are above the treeline it's doubtful you'd hit anything...

Not with auto targeting + improved & night vision

EsteemedLeader
Power meshing and armor meshing are acceptable ad encouraged...but any limits on individuals (such as no TK, flight, etc.) are still there.

And Dizzle can debate for whoever he wants...it seems to be working as a strategy at the moment, since he's winning. smile

I just don't think it's fair to get votes for an amalgam that isn't his...

EsteemedLeader
Not with auto targeting + improved & night vision

You realize that I have all of Predator's sight modes, right?

And an auto-targetting burner as well.

K Von Doom
You realize that I have all of Predator's sight modes, right?

And an auto-targetting burner as well.

Great! thumb up I wasn't contesting that, but it's good to know.

EsteemedLeader
I was merely stating that, if your auto-target and enhanced vision give you an advantage, I will get an even bigger advantage.

K Von Doom
That's cool but I have rapid fire, cyclops-level chest blasts and eye beams to take advantage of my auto-targeting.

EsteemedLeader
Burners work rapid-fire as well.

K Von Doom
That's cool. It's a good thing I have a shield to asorb any energy attacks coming my way, while shooting at you from my eyes and hands. You have no shield, and just your armor to protect you so you'll be knocked around, if not KO'd by cyclops-level blasts, meaning your aim can't be sustained.

EsteemedLeader
But I have the advantage of grounding if you're up in the air...

K Von Doom
Spidey 2099 and Darkhawk are more at home in the air so you can have the ground.

Laminator_X
Who needs auto-targetting when you're good enough to not miss in the first place?

All this jumping about just makes you so many clay pidgeons for GODLIKE.

At any rate, I'm now about to takedown Espeionage.

He's sneakin along, bein all mr. six-armed hunter. He doesn't realize that my prescience lets me know exactly where he is and who he's stalking.

(Here's how you do an areal attack, fellas) I'm going to circle around very widely and away from the other combattants (thore few I have not yet dispatched) so as to not make a target out of myself. I'll then leap attack Hulk-style at a moment where Espionage is passing through a break in the trees. He won't see me. He won't hear me. He won't smell me. His spider-sense won't warn him.

Next thing he knows I've stomped on him, put him in an extra-full nelson and ripped his head off of his shoulders.

Next?

Dizzle
Hehe, Digi's name theory has some merit. Flash Thordon won the last tourney, Shocktopus is doing alright for himself right now, and now Rainbow Bright is absolutely dominating this bonus round. I love it.

For the record, I got both votes before I started actually debating for GODLIKE. If I end up winning somehow, he's definitely moving on in my place. (mostly cuz I have no chance, and he'll pretty much dominate)

And yeah, removing restrictions would be bad for Mauler. Mind control from Leto and whatever else Benedict and Vanth have up their sleeves. smile

Laminator_X

I have all of your powers, except many of them are to higher levels than yours. The only one you have that is actually better is healing factor, but it isn't enough to save you in this fight. And your durability is better, but factor in my three layers of armor and I'm more durable as well. Although your Benedict part is master of state-of-the-art weapons, guess what, so is Deathstroke. My weapons are better than yours as well. Plus, do to my superpowered nature, I can harness them even better.

Since Esteemed Leader's the only guy putting up a fight, I'll give this some special attention.

All my powers? I must have missed any of the stories where Deathstroke, Scorpion, or a Predator could absorb energy attacks or have a God's Eye View of the past, present, possable futures. I'm not familiar with any of your characters having all the memories of their ancestors, including two different combat traditions far in advance of anything we have in the modern era.

Your weapons are better? I don't recall the Pred's blasters inducing fatal radiation poisoning even on a grazing wound, or Deathstroke's staff punching any holes in military spacecraft.

Using them better? Please! Your dudes are good, but mine are on a hole other level.

EsteemedLeader
Using them better? Please! Your dudes are good, but mine are on a hole other level.

That's impossible, considering this is, you know, the:

STREET-LEVEL TOURNEY.

Another level would be, ILLEGAL, duh.

Laminator_X
Well you know, that's a funny thing. Power meshing aside, there were limits on strength, speed, durability, healing, specific banned powers, and lots more. There was not, however, any limit on just being hugely more skilled, experienced, intelligent, competant, battle-hardenned, or more of a general combat genius than anybody else.

EsteemedLeader
Well you know, that's a funny thing. Power meshing aside, there were limits on strength, speed, durability, healing, specific banned powers, and lots more. There was not, however, any limit on just being hugely more skilled, experienced, intelligent, competant, battle-hardenned, or more of a general combat genius than anybody else.

Hm, let's ask my 90% capacity for thought and a thousand years of battle experience what they have to say then...

...OWNED!!!

Laminator_X
Ha! Against most guys, sure. Not against GODLIKE though. Deathstrokes hopped up mind and the Elder Pred.'s experience is a potent combo, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to what GODLIKE has to offer.

Benedct is a Prince of Amber, a member of the rolyal family of a ract of immortals for whom the baseline abilities are 4-5 times better than peak human. Benedict is "Peak Amberite" he's spent many thousands of years travelling from world to world fighting battle after battle under every possable combination of circumstances, weapons, disadvantages, troops, environments, technologies/weapons, and so forth. He'll fight the same battle day after day with the odds stacked a bit more against him each time. If he came across the Poles sending cavalry against the Nazi's tanks, he'd spend a few years fighting for various alternate-reality Polands untill he found a way to lead the Polish Cavalry to victory over the Panzers. Was is who he is. In man-toman combat he is just as supreme. His siblings, who themselves are millenia-old badasses in their own right, recognize that they are completely overmatched by Benedict.

Leto II brings to the table Bene Gesserit training, incorporating abilities similar to and in many ways beyond DS's "90% utilization" of his mind, and also martial-arts training so advanced that his mother was able to reverse positions with a Fremen warrior who had a knife to her throat so quickly that the rest of his tribe who were covering them with knives and pistols took it to be magic.

He also posseses the memories and skills of all his ancestors including hundreds of generations of both of the aforementionned Bene Gesserit and Fremen. The Fremen themselves are such combat monsters that in Leto's father's time the previous Emperor sent his dagnasty shock troops called the Sardaukar, a fearsome force that walked over every other military body in the galaxy, against a Fremen stronghold. The Fremen troops were deployed in the field at the time so all that were there were the elderly and mothers with small children. The Fremen "non-combattants" completely routed the Emperor's Sardaukar. The youngest who could hold a knife moved among the enemy wounded finishing off anyone still breathing. That's what Leto II brings to the table.

The only ownage going on will be GODLIKE dominating all other combattants.

Laminator_X

Actually, if you use that kind of math, where no bonuses loose efficiency as they scale up, GODLIKE could throw you to Jupiter. The way you're suggesting things work:

Benedict's strength(~2 tons) x100 for the Sandtrout X10 for Vanth's sword=Two Kilotons!

Now, I don't think things work that way. I think I'll have between 90 and 180 tons strength, as most enhancers should have diminishing benefits when placed on stronger characters. but don't go claiming that everything just multiplies together for your guy unless you want that line of reasoning to apply to us all.

DigiMark007
Yeah, so um....EsteemedLeader has been banned permanently.

I just jumped over to the Mod discussion place and read the news...he's been fine here, but apparently was practically begging to be banned with his comments in some other forums.

If newjak wants Mauler back, feel free...he's still an eligible combatant in this match. But as of right now, EL can't really go on, so he's gone from the tourney.

newjak86
I see well I guess Newjak is back!!!!
Where was everyone oh yeah debating skill range which Mauler has much more right. DS isn't just some guy who goes around fighting people he has an enhanced brain which allows him to figure complex scenarios on a much faster rate than any average human. Add onto the fact that an Elder Pred is a guy from a warrior race of baings where honor and giving the prey as much an advantage as possible is the norm. Add the fact he is close to a thousand years old also add the fact that he doesn't just concern himself with human exprience but can call up past fights from around the universe where he has fought biggest and the baddest aliens around while limiting himself.
These guys fight packs of Aliens with spears or their bare hands sometimes. Most don't even concern themselves with hunting anymore because there is no challenge left in it. Mostly they become sort of a police force where they track and hunt rouge Preds.
Combine these two elements and no one here can even come close to competeing with me in a combat ability. Maybe in exprience but not in the ability to to form complex plans of attack as quickly as DS'a advanced brain. Maybe you can do a complex plan but you won't have the exprience with me as none of you guys carry a combo like it.

newjak86
Another thing my tactic is much simpler than most of the others. I'm going to be more stealthy about it. Simply using the wave length analyzer on my helmet I'm going to find everyone here and well track them all and kill them. And I will do it in the meanie st ways. For one I am carrying a whole arsenal of weapons on me you can't contend with. For one thing my net can only be cut by an Uber Metal weapon. Which there are alot around but I'm more likely to hit one of you guys while your running to get one.
Also My spear and smart disk Uber Metals self propelled and combined with my increased strength will go through any shield here like a hot knife through butter and all are retrievable. The smart disk also returns kind of like a boomerrang so I won't loose. Since most of you won't be able to know where I'm at until you find me unlikely since DS and the Elder Pred are both masters of stealth.

grey fox
Damn , the head chef has you cooked boy's i suggest you think of a plan or else all this ownage will spoil the broth .

( laughs at corny jokes before exploding , only a pile of popcorn is left)

Laminator_X
Well, no. He doesn't "have us cooked."

He paint's an impressive picture of Mauler, and it's all true as far as it goes. The fact remains though that even meshing Slade + an Elder Predator would only possably put him close to even skill footing with just one of my guys. Against GODLIKE as a whole, he's totally outclassed.

He cant get the drop on me due to my precognition, nor hide from me due to my claravoyance. At range I can absorb his attacks and save them up to mega-blast him back with the sword while returning fire with my Radium Laser. Up close, I'm a better fighter even before you factor in my 2-3x advantage in both strength and speed. Any way you cut it, Mauler's still comes up short

DigiMark007
I think we're learning a valuable lesson here...it's not always who's the best, but who sounds the best.

Maybe Mauler would whup Godlike, I'm not 100% sure one way or the other...but my own opinion differs (hence my vote earlier). Similar to the "cool name" theory, is this one where the person who can 'talk up their guy' the best has the advantage. I made a living in the last tourney off of making General Kinky seem like the strongest in the tourney by far. He wasn't that much stronger, but by mentioning it way too often, and repeatedly stating it in a dramatic manner, I made it seem like I was far and away the strongest charatcer. Only Khell came close to arguing that his guy was near me in strength (unfortunately, it was speed that did me in).

Grey fox's reaction to newjak's statements is an example of this. There's a lot of truth to newjak's arguments, and I'm not saying that he's wrong, but he also made Mauler sound like the only badass in the fight...a useful skill indeed.

Well played, all around...I just wish we had some more votes...

long pig
I must vote for Godlike...he is only slightly below the omnipotence of Shocktopus.

Dizzle
I think we're learning a valuable lesson here...it's not always who's the best, but who sounds the best.

Maybe Mauler would whup Godlike, I'm not 100% sure one way or the other...but my own opinion differs (hence my vote earlier). Similar to the "cool name" theory, is this one where the person who can 'talk up their guy' the best has the advantage. I made a living in the last tourney off of making General Kinky seem like the strongest in the tourney by far. He wasn't that much stronger, but by mentioning it way too often, and repeatedly stating it in a dramatic manner, I made it seem like I was far and away the strongest charatcer. Only Khell came close to arguing that his guy was near me in strength (unfortunately, it was speed that did me in).

Grey fox's reaction to newjak's statements is an example of this. There's a lot of truth to newjak's arguments, and I'm not saying that he's wrong, but he also made Mauler sound like the only badass in the fight...a useful skill indeed.

Well played, all around...I just wish we had some more votes...

I think the only thing you did wrong in the last tourney was giving numbers... You said "class 1 million" a few too many times, though Kinky was probably well beyond that. Khell went with some of Majestic's strength feats which he simply described as "well above a million tons".

There's so much psychology involved here, my mind just exploded.

And Rainbow Bright is the one true badass. Anywhere, not just this fight. Wanna fight Shocktopus? Right, you lack the will of the warrior, so I win before we even strike the first blows. Rematch? I win again!

FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Laminator_X
When's the cut-off midnight tonight or midday tomorrow?

grey fox

Nah, i just hadn't posted in a while and thought this thread needed a little random corniness

newjak86
Well, no. He doesn't "have us cooked."

He paint's an impressive picture of Mauler, and it's all true as far as it goes. The fact remains though that even meshing Slade + an Elder Predator would only possably put him close to even skill footing with just one of my guys. Against GODLIKE as a whole, he's totally outclassed.

He cant get the drop on me due to my precognition, nor hide from me due to my claravoyance. At range I can absorb his attacks and save them up to mega-blast him back with the sword while returning fire with my Radium Laser. Up close, I'm a better fighter even before you factor in my 2-3x advantage in both strength and speed. Any way you cut it, Mauler's still comes up short How can you say my guy can not even keep up with any of your guys. DS has taken on the JLA not do to his strength but do to his ability to plan ahead and come up with tactics on the spot. An Elder Pred in no way is below any of your guys. These guys make Wolverine's and Batman's skills combined(Not the BS comic versions of course the normal ones) look like rookies with ease. They are as Bad a creature as I painted they take on Queens bare handed they are almost unstoppable with their weapons.
You may have the ability to see my attacks but I was commenting more on other people you on the other hand Mauler will show you special attention.
You may have the strength advantage and speed advantage in terms of distance you can travel but my guy has you where it counts.
I think and know my guy is much more skilled than yours do to my combo. Plus I am wearing an armor you can not crack because it is Uber on top of Uber. So I can afford to be wrong once you can't.
Your shield can can aborb energy then I will go after it with gernades and other various nasty items I have that can't be aborbed. Like my spear net and smart disk.
Your strength and speed advantage now. DS is far faster in reaction time as he could tag the Flash and Kid Flash so your speed will look like an average person to me and I wll get the first three strikes in before you can even blink. Strength I am no slouch you may have me but the fact is DS has gone against people stronger than him way stronger more so than you are to me now and did fairly well if I recall.
So this is how it will go you attack me but I have to many adavntages over you. Healing factor not as good Wolverine's but better than anything you got. Better fighter(DS+Elder Pred=unbeatable combat ability) plus you have your sword which can't cut me while I have three Uber Weapons at any time. DS's Sword the Pred wrist Blase and the other Wrist Blade I put on my tail. So those first three strikes I will get in before you can counter will be all it takes to end this fight.
Then Mauler picks up your severed head and and it becomes another trophy.

Laminator_X
With all due respect, Newjack, you don't know what your talking about with regaurds to my characters. Go back and read the materials I posted in Battle Three. Benedict ALONE could handle Deathstroke.

Since it hasn't gotten through, imagine if Deathstroke spent several thousand years fughting and winning against every concievable foe under every possable circumstance. Only then would he be in Benedict's league. DS's enhancements would allow to hang with an "average" Prince of Amber in terms or reaction time, strength, and intellect; but Benedict is beyond even his own kind.

DS can overcome others advantages in speed and strength by being a smarter, faster reacting, more skilled fighter. Against an even better fighter in terms of everything he's good at, he wouldn't be able to overcome those advantages.

Benedict with Dreadstar's equipment and no other amalgamation could take out Mauler, though with some difficulty.

GODLIKE is walking all over him.

I don't know why you think Vanth's sword can't cut you, it's "lightsaber class" and it's blasts can punch holes in starships (again, there're scans for all this in Battle Three). Even if it couldn't I could rip you limb from limb with my bare hands

Just because you can't imagine someone being better than your characters doesn't mean that no authors have.

grey fox
With all due respect, Newjack, you don't know what your talking about with regaurds to my characters. Go back and read the materials I posted in Battle Three. Benedict ALONE could handle Deathstroke.

Since it hasn't gotten through, imagine if Deathstroke spent several thousand years fughting and winning against every concievable foe under every possable circumstance. Only then would he be in Benedict's league. DS's enhancements would allow to hang with an "average" Prince of Amber in terms or reaction time, strength, and intellect; but Benedict is beyond even his own kind.

DS can overcome others advantages in speed and strength by being a smarter, faster reacting, more skilled fighter. Against an even better fighter in terms of everything he's good at, he wouldn't be able to overcome those advantages.

Benedict with Dreadstar's equipment and no other amalgamation could take out Mauler, though with some difficulty.

GODLIKE is walking all over him.

I don't know why you think Vanth's sword can't cut you, it's "lightsaber class" and it's blasts can punch holes in starships (again, there're scans for all this in Battle Three). Even if it couldn't I could rip you limb from limb with my bare hands

Just because you can't imagine someone being better than your characters doesn't mean that no authors have.

Sorry new jack but you just got pwned

DigiMark007
Nah, i just hadn't posted in a while and thought this thread needed a little random corniness

Gotcha.

Anyway, this will be closed tonight...the Word file with the character info on it is at my home cpu, and I'm at a different one right now...so I can't start the semis until then. As I write this, you've got maybe 4 more hours.

Dizzle
Slade beat a small group of JLAers, with a good amount of prep time and a WHOLE lot of PIS on his side. Stabbing Flash, though it was put into a slightly more feasible situation, is still pretty sketchy. It's definitely more a of a low point for Flash than a huge accomplishment for DS. And while he did take out both a GL and Zatanna... Zatanna got hit before she could react, which doesn't say much against someone with normal human durability and speed. Kyle tried to punch Slade. One blast is all it would take, but he goes for the punch. (that+Flash is the bulk of the PIS, btw)

The entire thing's a good example of how good his prep work is, but here, he isn't allowed to touch the battlefield before the fight starts. In terms of raw skill, Azrael and Batman both have good showings against him.

Preds are really good, but yours can't take on Queens barehanded. ONE of them did that: Broken Tusk. And Nataku already has him. Preds are skilled, but even an Elder looks like an infant when compared to Benedict's massive amounts of experience.

So GODLIKE's... faster, stronger, more skilled, has precog, has better energy blasts, better body covering durability, because your armor leaves several spots open... and uber metal armors aren't allowed anyways. So you have... chainmail protecting you from a sword or energy blast in the side. And that still doesn't help you against a Hulk-style leap-on-you-and-cut-you-in-half maneuver. I believe your edges go to: Has a tail. And that's pretty much it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>