Bloodbath: Malak versus Sion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
Two absolutely brutal sith lords square off in Mustafar. Who wins?

Escape81
I 'want' to say Malak. But if Scion does his regeneration thing, Malak would eventually tire out and lose. Scion is as persistent as he. But if Malak broke Scion's will, then Malak would win.

Tangible God
God I really hate Sion...and Nihilus...I mean they're just so.............stupid...even for SW.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Escape81
I 'want' to say Malak. But if Scion does his regeneration thing, Malak would eventually tire out and lose. Scion is as persistent as he. But if Malak broke Scion's will, then Malak would win.

The car?

Fishy
Malak is far more powerful then Sion that much is sure, but could he break Sion his will? Or could he take Sion out in another way? I'm not sure on either of them. Sion isn't a pussy himself so I have to say I give Sion and Malak both a pretty good chance.

Malak is more powerful but Sion has the edge cause he can't die.

Gryn Jabar
I'm sure he can die, a decapitated and burned Sion probably couldn't get back up.

jollyjim311
Malak would throw Sion into the lava and then have a big rock crush him underneath the lava. Would that kill Sion? Does Sion feel physical pain? If he does then he probably wouldn't want to live because of the pain. Even if it didn't kill him Sion would lose his saber in the lava.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Escape81
correction. sion

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Malak would throw Sion into the lava and then have a big rock crush him underneath the lava. Would that kill Sion? Does Sion feel physical pain? If he does then he probably wouldn't want to live because of the pain. Even if it didn't kill him Sion would lose his saber in the lava.
I'd MUCH rather face Sion with a lightsaber then without. Anyways, I'm guessing he DOES feel the pain, it fuels him in some sort of sick, twisted way.

ResubianNushi
I'm sure Malak would come up with some cruel way to make him give in. I would personally, once he's down, chop him up.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by jollyjim311

Oh, sure. Having your body shattered countless thousands of times in thousands of places wouldn't give you much pain tolerance at all, now would it. No, Sion literally holds himself together with the Force. And that is no small feat.

Darth_Glentract
If he is vaporized, by a lightsaber strike from Malak for instance, he would won't be able to regenerate that part. Or if his arm is vut off, it's not going to grow back instantly. If Sion in stabbed in head and his brain is destroyed, he will die from no being able to call upon the force. Face it, Malak wins.

Darth_Frobo
never mind that even if sion was invincible (with regenreatings limbs and vital organs and such) malak could probably break his will like the exile did, he broke bastilla's remember.it would no big deal for him to kill sion, the only chance sion has of killing malak is being so weak and having such cheesy dialogue that malak laughs until he falls into lava, then is to busy laughing to try and save himself.

Gryn Jabar
The only way that Malak broke Bastila's will was by strapping her to a chair and torturing her for weeks. I don't think Darth Sion would exactly consent to it, or hell, even FEEL the torture that Malak would inflict.

Darth_Frobo
not necessarily, the torture was just to show the darkside was powerful, he broke her will by telling her things about the jedi she already suspected and praying on her naivitey/idiocy.

Fishy
And you think he could do the same with Sion? Ha, Revan may have converted him once but talking him into death? He only has one thing to live for and Malak simply does not have that thing. He does not control it nor does she control him. He could never break Sion his will. He would have to destroy his entire body.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Oh, sure. Having your body shattered countless thousands of times in thousands of places wouldn't give you much pain tolerance at all, now would it. No, Sion literally holds himself together with the Force. And that is no small feat.

The dark side holds Sion together. He gets the dark side from him hate. He gets his hate from his beliefs. His beliefs hlod him together. Could Malak change him? I doubt it. I do think that Malak could throw him into the lava, however. Would that be enough to destroy Sion? If not, Malak will eventully screw up and be killed by Sion.

Pentagram
Malak is brutal (see the destruction of Taris) but Sion is totally fuelled by pain and is pretty much one of the most brutal fighters that ever lived - he devotes more of his power to fighting than physical manifestions of the Force. Apart from the fact that he regenerates and is holding himself together with the Force, i have to say he'd win unless he slipped and fell in the lava - he couldnt hold his body together if it was turned into thousands of pieces of carbon.

Pent

Fishy
Originally posted by Pentagram
Malak is brutal (see the destruction of Taris) but Sion is totally fuelled by pain and is pretty much one of the most brutal fighters that ever lived - he devotes more of his power to fighting than physical manifestions of the Force. Apart from the fact that he regenerates and is holding himself together with the Force, i have to say he'd win unless he slipped and fell in the lava - he couldnt hold his body together if it was turned into thousands of pieces of carbon.

Pent

You think Sion is a better fighter then Malak?

Pentagram
Originally posted by Fishy
You think Sion is a better fighter then Malak?

I'd say that they're both as brutal as each other, but Sion has the edge because of the whole regeneration/no pain stuff. Sion just comes across as the whole "fighty jedi" style - i reckon his character was built on a soldier and the jedi who concentrates on lightsabre skills(i can never remember which is which). Whereas Malak seems to be pretty good at both. If we're talking lightsabre fights - i'd say sion. If we're talking Force - Malak. If we're talking mixed - Malak. But i do prefer Sion, the whole Malak "skintight red jumpsuit" thing more than tips the scales, even though Sion's dialogue sucks.

Pent

jollyjim311
Sion focuses more on stealth. Not every character is balanced. Malak beats Sion in saber combat and probably force powers. The only advantage Sion has is his whole not dying thing (a pretty big advantage). Even the terrain is in Malaks favor.

Pentagram
Sion focussing on stealth? I didn't know that. Just out of curiosity, where are you getting this information, i've always wanted to learn more about the kotor characters. But of course a jedi, or anyone, who focuses on stealth killing, will lose out to a combat-based jedi.

Fishy
Sion is an assassin. Best example of how we acts is on Korriban in Kotor II..

He captures Lonna Vash, the one you are after to lure you into a trap. Then once you are in the trap he closes it lets the assassins start the fight and then when you are supposed to be weakened he strikes. As this is at his most powerful. Sion did lead the Sith assassins so thats how he fights like an assassin and with others to do a lot of the work for him.

Malak was a front line general and a heroic lightsaber fighter even during the Mandelorian wars. Then came the Jedi Civil War and thats when he exelled. Malak would pwn Sion in a lightsaber fight, he was the Dark Lord of the Sith afterall. And as far as we can tell Sion never even became as powerful as Malak because he never controlled the Star Forge. Even though many Sith after Malak his dead tried. Sion was most likely unable to control the power of the forge.

Lord Darkstar
Originally posted by Fishy
Sion is an assassin. Best example of how we acts is on Korriban in Kotor II..

He captures Lonna Vash, the one you are after to lure you into a trap. Then once you are in the trap he closes it lets the assassins start the fight and then when you are supposed to be weakened he strikes. As this is at his most powerful. Sion did lead the Sith assassins so thats how he fights like an assassin and with others to do a lot of the work for him.

Malak was a front line general and a heroic lightsaber fighter even during the Mandelorian wars. Then came the Jedi Civil War and thats when he exelled. Malak would pwn Sion in a lightsaber fight, he was the Dark Lord of the Sith afterall. And as far as we can tell Sion never even became as powerful as Malak because he never controlled the Star Forge. Even though many Sith after Malak his dead tried. Sion was most likely unable to control the power of the forge.

Well said Fishy.

I think that Malak would win this.

To me he was always more impressive than Sion was. Malak, like said above was a frontline general and was in constant combat.

Also, on the star forge he was able to beat those two jedi that you see in a cutscene just before you face the droids, with extreme ease. Simple force choke, force lightning, then lightsaber throw and two jedi knights/masters are down. The reason that I think they are knights at the very least is because they were chosen to attack Malak and made it that far, it takes some skill to fight through all those sith and troopers, something a normal padawan could not do.

Also, it says in KotOR II that all the other sith lords at Korriban tried to control the star forge and pick a new leader. Yet none could control it and no new leader could be found, after that, then they split up. So from this we can safely assume that Sion was at Korriban, tried, and failed to control the star force (making him weaker than Malak), and failed to become the dark lord and rule over the other sith (also making him weaker than Malak).

From all of this, I say that Malak wins

Fishy
Actually Sion never tried to control the Star Forge. Bastila says that all that tried were absorbed by its power.

Which leaves us with a few possibility's

1.) Sion was even weaker then those guys and decided not to try
2.) Sion just didn't want the power.
3.) Sion feared that if those guys couldn't do it that he couldn't do it either even though he was more powerful.

No option 3 seems stupid as hell... I mean he would have been the first to try if he was most powerful. Option 2 seems unlikely as well because well its a Sith. It would most likely be that he is weaker then the Sith that tried and got absorbed by the Star Forge. And if he was not, he was at least not powerful enough to unite all the Sith something that Malak could do.

Darth_Frobo
i don't think he would be able to concentrate on controlling a sun and holding himself together at the same time, i've always seen sion as a glorified thug, and a weak minded fool. He's not the best fighter especially compared to a hero like malak, and he's weak minded and weak willed, unlike malak who had the balls to try to take out revan and rule the sith. Malak could probably convince sion that kreia had no use for him and would stab him in the back, or he could just kick his ass and burn him to dust either way sion gets pwned.

Fishy
Weak will?? He held himself together through willpower alone... This guy may be many things but weak willed is not one of them.

RevanKnight
lol, ofc would Malak win. if you remember from the first kotor<3, Malak
was renown for his extraordinary skills with a lightsaber, and was one of the most powerful students at the academy, just below Revan. plus, like Nihilus,Malak is 2 metres tall, so i'd say all that gives him the edge.
Sion is a wuss compared to Malak smile

Fishy
Only problem is he can't exactly be killed...

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by RevanKnight
lol, ofc would Malak win. if you remember from the first kotor<3, Malak
was renown for his extraordinary skills with a lightsaber, and was one of the most powerful students at the academy, just below Revan. plus, like Nihilus,Malak is 2 metres tall, so i'd say all that gives him the edge.
Sion is a wuss compared to Malak smile
Resay that in normal (read: non viking) english please.

Darth_Frobo
yes he was weak willed, he had no ambition he was totally subservient to kreia to the point where it was sickening and easily fell apart when the exile convinced him of it, hatred held him together once he realised he would never be anything more then a pawn he ended himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.