Is Leather Face real?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlimYout
A few months ago I did some research, and found that Leather Face was based on a real person named Ed Gein. Later, I visited another site and read that the director of the movie said that a legend was created among the people. He said while in he was in a mall he thought about the fastest way to clear all the people out. Then he saw some chainsaws in a hardware store. And that is where the idea for Leather Face, chainsaw wielding maniac was born. Then there is the footage at the end of the film. Is that real or fake? Can anybody who knows clear this up for me please. Thanks

Nevermind
Yes, Leatherface was loosely based on Ed Gein. As was Buffalo Bill to what I know.

deathbycorn
Buffalo Bill and Leatherface were both based on Ed Gein.
That doco film is just made up to go with the movie.

deathbycorn
http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/texaschainsaw.php

Impediment
There is already a thread for this particular topic.

Wolfie
Originally posted by SlimYout
A few months ago I did some research, and found that Leather Face was based on a real person named Ed Gein. Later, I visited another site and read that the director of the movie said that a legend was created among the people. He said while in he was in a mall he thought about the fastest way to clear all the people out. Then he saw some chainsaws in a hardware store. And that is where the idea for Leather Face, chainsaw wielding maniac was born. Then there is the footage at the end of the film. Is that real or fake? Can anybody who knows clear this up for me please. Thanks
The footage at the end of the film looked nothing like Ed Gein to me.

SlimYout
I should have used the search option before hand. Thanks for the info

TheMovieMaster
Yes, Actaully they father and son are still alive (LISTENED TO THE Talk RADIO ABOUT 3ys ago or so..) about 75-100 miles apart
the son i guess is so drugged out and stuff at a asylum a 5 yr old could lead him around... np lol
Father I think is in prison.. both in texas... Yes its true though Hope i could help.

I guess the radio host, got ahold of this guy that worked down there somewhere.. but thats all i can say..

BackFire
Originally posted by TheMovieMaster
Yes, Actaully they father and son are still alive (LISTENED TO THE Talk RADIO ABOUT 3ys ago or so..) about 75-100 miles apart
the son i guess is so drugged out and stuff at a asylum a 5 yr old could lead him around... np lol
Father I think is in prison.. both in texas... Yes its true though Hope i could help.

I guess the radio host, got ahold of this guy that worked down there somewhere.. but thats all i can say..

This is blatantly incorrect, it's been established by everyone with any sort of credibility in the matter that Leatherface is LOOSELY based on the serial killer Ed Gein.

Do not listen to stuff like this, it is false.

Cinemaddiction
I am tEh LETh3rF@C3!!!!!ONEONEONE

BackFire
OMFG WTFPWNBBQ??///?

Cinemaddiction
Leatherface is real. Didn't U see tEh end of "Texas Chainsaw Massacer" with Jessica Beel?

BackFire
Yah dood it was reel it wus grainy!

tabby999
ye mn, he kulled thosee piggs gud, and it wuz in blak and wite, it haz to be reel!

Wolfie
Dooods! I konw for a FACT that L3ath3rfac3 is REEL! I saw him 1nce!!!!1111

Aini
laughing out loud ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................there it goes AGAIN......

gls
ha this thread is funny. wink nice one backfire

BaronOBeefDip
YAY poorly-written sarcasm!

-hh-
you guyz are soooo stupid. leatherface is real. i've seen his house. didn't you watch the movie??????? cmon the footage at the end? are you people blind. i dont believe this. you have leatherface in your sig and avatar, and you still say he's fake??? grow up monkey face

no expression

beta-wolf_101
You know that Buffalo Bill was based off of several serial killers not just one, so was Lecter for that matter. Yeah and trust these guys on the fact that Leather face isn't a real person. He was extremely loosely based off of Ed Gein.

tabby999
yeah, tabby999 thinks that its because of the liberals. tabby999 thinks that leatherface is real but the liberals cover it up because they dont like his style. LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS!

eggmayo
Tabby999 likes to refer to himself in the third person.

BaronOBeefDip
But, speaking in third-person is fun. Plus it confuses and/or annoys the hell out of people which makes it even more fun.

tabby999
tabby999 agrees, i think you missed the joke in tabby999s post, but tabby999 can forget you. LIBERALS!

Wolfie
Wolfie found the first person "I" in tabby999's last post.

tabby999
wasn't tabby999, it was liberals

Groucho
Don't forget Bates in Hitchcock's Psycho. Gots to remember the classics. That was the first film that I know of that was based on Gein. Ed Gein has inspired the horror genre like no one else in American culture.

eggmayo
Originally posted by tabby999
tabby999 agrees, i think you missed the joke in tabby999s post, but tabby999 can forget you. LIBERALS!
embarrasment I left it out. Honest.

BaronOBeefDip
And, what did we learn from all this? Proper grammar is bullshit.

tabby999
tabby999 agrees

eggmayo
Proper grammar has to be better than n00b speech, come on.

thomasgeorge
no leatherface is a myth and hes gay

eggmayo
Originally posted by thomasgeorge
no leatherface is a myth and hes gay
He's a fictional character with no specified sexuality. Just because he wears lipstick does not make him gay.

BaronOBeefDip
My thoughts exactly.

tabby999
yeah, tabby999 hates people who jump to conclusions like that. their dam liberals. tabby999 hates liberals

Wolfie
Originally posted by eggmayo
He's a fictional character with no specified sexuality. Just because he wears lipstick does not make him gay.
Actually, he had a crush on the main character in TCM 2. So I'd say Leatherface is straight.

Jason_V
Leatherface is a real. There is proof. If you buy the Platinum Series 2-disc DVD set of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake, it comes with a copy of the evidence photos taken in that furnace room where Leatherface kept the victims.

Wolfie
Can anyone read any sarcasm or humor in Jason_V's comment? I hope he's joking.

tabby999
tabby999 dosn't think they're joking, tabby999 thinks they need to take things alittle less for face value and read into things a little more. like the liberals need to. LIBERALS!

Djo9871
OH EM EFFIN GEE! I am so disappointed by the lack of intelligence from my generation. Anyone who thinks that leatherface was a real person and specifically, that the footage of him at the end of the movie "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was real, is a f***kin idiot! Just because its black and white and looks like actual footage does not mean it is. And to all the sarcastic retards... know this. Sarcism is a bitches way to say what they think because they dont have the balls to say it straight up, or because they are just to stupid to be witty. Which most the people who posted on this thread are to unintelligent to come up with something witty. Go to school you dumba$$es. Its called using your tiny brain;-)

Djo9871
And Ed Gein. The person who leatherface is based off of was probably transgender. In his mind he felt feminine. He wanted the body of a woman. Which is what a transgender is. But Ed Gein was never known as leatherface. And the family of the movies are not based on any actual people. Also Ed Gein did not use a chainsaw to kill his victims.

Davis Bloome
Leatherface was mostly based on Ed Gein, I'm not sure if there were any other major influences behind the character....and if they were, they haven't really been stated.

But, I still find it absolutely hilarious that people believe Leatherface & his family are real.

Yeah, because a cannibalistic family that has slaughtered people for generations wouldn't reach national or possibly global headlines & still be thoroughly discussed to this day.

the ninjak
Check out the movie Deranged 1974. An excellent movie based on the Gein theme.

nSNJmvxNs80

Dolos
Originally posted by the ninjak
Check out the movie Deranged 1974. An excellent movie based on the Gein theme.

nSNJmvxNs80

The stars of 3 guys one hammer are the real deal. Russians going around murdering children, women in cold blood with a fricken hammer. That video is just terrifying to watch. I can't be craddled up here in America, it's good not to be sheltered from the real world. Most Americans are soft...but that kind of violence is very idiotic, that's another thing you have to remember before being inspired by violence like so many ingorant miskreants, weak-natured grown ass retards who shoot up children making them out to be weak. Idiotic violence is intolerable to me. Those mother****ing pricks didn't even know or care that their ****-up left him alive too long, they didn't know what was going ot happen but reveled in their own terror. How could you be so ****ing stupid and idiotic and foolish?

Retards, will they ever grow up and relent and reflect with wisdom?? No, no saving them and their idiocy. Sacrilegious mutilation by the hands of simpletons.

Jedi Sheriff
Leatherface,
Norman Bates,
Buffalo Bill.

All of these were loosely based in some way on some small part of Ed Geins frankly maniacal personality. Although, I suppose if these movie characters were making their cinematic bows today, Hollywood would put, 'Inspired by actual events' at the beginning, cos they do movies that are 'Based on a true story' anymore!

Jedi Sheriff
Originally posted by Jedi Sheriff
Leatherface,
Norman Bates,
Buffalo Bill.

All of these were loosely based in some way on some small part of Ed Geins frankly maniacal personality. Although, I suppose if these movie characters were making their cinematic bows today, Hollywood would put, 'Inspired by actual events' at the beginning, cos they don't do movies that are 'Based on a true story' anymore!

Jedi Sheriff
Sorry, tried to edit, pressed quote by mistake. embarrasment

the ninjak
Originally posted by Dolos
The stars of 3 guys one hammer are the real deal. Russians going around murdering children, women in cold blood with a fricken hammer. That video is just terrifying to watch. I can't be craddled up here in America, it's good not to be sheltered from the real world. Most Americans are soft...but that kind of violence is very idiotic, that's another thing you have to remember before being inspired by violence like so many ingorant miskreants, weak-natured grown ass retards who shoot up children making them out to be weak. Idiotic violence is intolerable to me. Those mother****ing pricks didn't even know or care that their ****-up left him alive too long, they didn't know what was going ot happen but reveled in their own terror. How could you be so ****ing stupid and idiotic and foolish?

Retards, will they ever grow up and relent and reflect with wisdom?? No, no saving them and their idiocy. Sacrilegious mutilation by the hands of simpletons.

Well Okay......

What you're talking about seems to border on Snuff. And if you consider it to be the "Real Deal" whilst calling Americans weak and then condescending yourself by stating viewers of such violence are stupid is kinda weird don't you think?

Dolos
Well Okay......

What you're talking about seems to border on Snuff. And if you consider it to be the "Real Deal" whilst calling Americans weak and then condescending yourself by stating viewers of such violence are stupid is kinda weird don't you think?

A person needs to be able to stomach violence but at the same time needs to realize how pointless it is. This is something horror movies are not for, they don't have redeeming value or positive morals. Often just as stupid as a snuff film. Not a good thing.

the ninjak
Your point makes no sense.

To break a whole genre down into "weaker snuff" is a pretty pointless comment.

We're discussing Ed Gein here....a real man. And the films loosely based on him. They were more psychological thrillers than anything.

Psycho, TCM were films that showed us little frontal gore and made the viewers create the horror themselves.
And gave us a peak into the minds of men who cross the line, the line between civilized society and the disenfranchised mentally ill.
Far from pointless Snuff. Quite the opposite actually.

You have Bruce Lee as your Avatar. His films were much more violent and juvenile than the above the films I mentioned.
Do you consider Violent Action films to be snuff as well?

Dolos
Your point makes no sense.

To break a whole genre down into "weaker snuff" is a pretty pointless comment.

We're discussing Ed Gein here....a real man. And the films loosely based on him. They were more psychological thrillers than anything.

Psycho, TCM were films that showed us little frontal gore and made the viewers create the horror themselves.
And gave us a peak into the minds of men who cross the line, the line between civilized society and the disenfranchised mentally ill.
Far from pointless Snuff. Quite the opposite actually.

You have Bruce Lee as your Avatar. His films were much more violent and juvenile than the above the films I mentioned.
Do you consider Violent Action films to be snuff as well?

I will acknowledge my post was slightly off the subject of Ed Gein himself.

I will simply disagree that psychopath stories in horror films have some sort of redeeming value as you imply by saying, "quite the opposite" of a horror film.

Bruce Lee defends the weak from violent men, in most films in a way he doesn't want to but the only way he could at the time. To be that kind of person he had to give in to violence, his character as a fighter and himself as an actor. Even that can be misconstrude, someone can take violent action for a stupid reason, when really all they want is to satisfy that idiocy by pursuing someone they think deserves a beatin or a shootin. I hate it, it destroys families and it's not fair.

You don't have to be psychotic to torture someone, you just have to think violence is cool. That comes from martial arts films as well as horror films, as well as anything else in life. Don't take away horror films or martial arts films, take away the idiots who misconstrude them or are inspired by them.

the ninjak
I will acknowledge my post was slightly off the subject of Ed Gein himself.

I will simply disagree that psychopath stories in horror films have some sort of redeeming value as you imply by saying, "quite the opposite" of a horror film.

My point was that the films I mentioned showed little graphic violence. Most if not all of it was done outside of the view of the audience. Hence my opinion that they are quite the opposite of Snuff.

You comment on me "redeeming" psychopathic thrillers is a curious one. People are interested in serial killers, and the movies based on them.
If the movies I mentioned made them out to be anti-heroes that sick audiences could cheer on I would agree more but they are damn good movies that make the viewer despise them more than anything.

Bruce Lee defends the weak from violent men, in most films in a way he doesn't want to but the only way he could at the time. To be that kind of person he had to give in to violence, his character as a fighter and himself as an actor. Even that can be misconstrude, someone can take violent action for a stupid reason, when really all they want is to satisfy that idiocy by pursuing someone they think deserves a beatin or a shootin. I hate it, it destroys families and it's not fair.

You don't have to be psychotic to torture someone, you just have to think violence is cool. That comes from martial arts films as well as horror films, as well as anything else in life. Don't take away horror films or martial arts films, take away the idiots who misconstrude them or are inspired by them.

Well in that case we agree that when "idiots" watch such films whether MA or Horror or Thrillers they take from it differently what others do.

If Bruce Lee characters can get the thumbs up for he is a hero then what do you think of Dexter? A recent show that does the opposite. Shows a psychopath addicted to murder playing a kind of hero role. For he only kills other killers.
What are you views on Dexter?

Such a man like Gein existed before violent films and video games. People like him are created by other means. That's my point.
Instead of pointing the finger at Horror films it's the families and cultures creating such volatile personalities that need to be looked at.

Dolos
Broken families for the fail.

I wish they didn't exist.

As to my thoughts on Dexter, he's simply murdering for twisted pleasure. Bruce Lee has a goal and is fighting for his life and thoughs of others. He's trying to take out the bad guy before his terrible plans are carried out to fruition, like Batman. Dexter is just a snuff-film esque twisted piece of shit, he maims and kills for pleasure. Most of those killers don't even have plans at the moment, they've just done terrible things. Batman doesn't kill, when Bruce Lee kills it's for his life or because he's emotionally compromised, he is not a cool calculated killer who gives in to his whims and idiocatically convinces himself it's alright because they've done bad things.

That is just another evil man....so Dexter has nothing good to offer the world, only more unneccessary violence that stinks it up with stupid ideals. Batman would be bad if he wasn't so good with calliteral damage, he actually did more good than bad just because he knew the criminal mind and was so good at calculating situations to save maximum lives. With the Joker that backfired, and yet he got that thing locked in a padded cell. In real life vigiliantee's would be better off leaving it to society, again, because misconstrued idiotic ideals "I'm a hero!" when in reality that kind of mentality will be used as justification for simply shooting someone you don't like.

Kazenji

Dexter is just a snuff-film esque twisted piece of shit, he maims and kills for pleasure. Most of those killers don't even have plans at the moment, they've just done terrible things.

erm

Unfortunately those killers can't escape from their past no matter what they do, so really they should deserve the deaths that are coming for them.

Dolos
Originally posted by Kazenji
erm

Unfortunately those killers can't escape from their past no matter what they do, so really they should deserve the deaths that are coming for them.

Doesn't matter, he's just causing more unneccessary pain.

As far as liking the character, that's fine, like the show, but don't for a second let that beast that is your ****ed up brain into the real world because people will get hurt, and that's a bad thing. Being ****ed up is not something to brag about either, because that leads to showing how much worse you are.

Kazenji
Doesn't matter, he's just causing more unneccessary pain.

How the **** is he causing more unnecessary pain?.....most of those people have killed other people and have manage to avoid various law enforcement agencies or even been caught gone through all the courts etc and done their time in prison, Gone back to doing what they were doing before they got caught..... so really someone has to put a stop to these people

nah my minds fine its just some people need to be put out of their misery when they still haven't changed and learnt their lessons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.