Mace vs Yoda(saber combat)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manowar555
who is better in saber fights

Deus Ex
Did you search for this one first? I'm pretty sure it's been done before.

darthsith19
Just in saber skills? Hmm, I say Yoda, he's fought much more imperssively in the duels we've seen him in than the one duel we saw Mace in. He's faster, too, and can evade attacks more easily.

kamikz
I agree, Yoda was able to dodge the attacks of three powerful jedi masters, one of them was Depa who had mastered Mace's style. Yoda was also the best practisioner of his style, he could peforme moves that no one else could do and even rivaled Dookus skills. He was way above normal Ataru masters like Qui-Gon Jinn for example.

Sorgo
Yoda. 100%.

DrDoom101
If its lightsaber skills only, then Mace definitely. The only reason he was a problem for Dooku and Sidious was because he was Force jumping every 3 seconds. Without the Force, he pretty much dies.

Sorgo
Originally posted by DrDoom101
If its lightsaber skills only, then Mace definitely. The only reason he was a problem for Dooku and Sidious was because he was Force jumping every 3 seconds. Without the Force, he pretty much dies.

Yoda would win. Force, Saber, whatever.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Sorgo
Yoda would win. Force, Saber, whatever.

he said saber combat.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by kamikz
I agree, Yoda was able to dodge the attacks of three powerful jedi masters, one of them was Depa who had mastered Mace's style. Yoda was also the best practisioner of his style, he could peforme moves that no one else could do and even rivaled Dookus skills. He was way above normal Ataru masters like Qui-Gon Jinn for example.

Yoda was going completly defensive when he did this. He can't attack while doing this because of they way he has to move his body to avoid all three attacks. Also, remeber that he dodged pre-Clone Wars Masters who were far weaker than the later versions.

Yoda would win anyway though.

xxxpoppunker182
ya yoda would win, wasn't mace second in the jedi order in both force skill and saber combat? and second only to hmmm who was it again oh ya the head of the order yoda.

Council#13
he said saber combat.

Well if he didnt have the Force, Mace would just kick him

Nai Fohl
Well...if no force use is allowed than you would have a crippled 900 year old being 66 centimetres tall fighting a 53 year old man with superior range and superior strength. I guess Mace would win in this case.

If Yoda is allowed to fight as he normaly does (use the force to aid his strength and movement abilities) he will most likely defeat Mace.

jollyjim311
Yup. Assuming that they only get defensive powers that help them in saber combat (precog, enhanced speed, agility, strength, you know, all that jazz) then Yoda can defeat Windu.

Otherwise Windu can just sneeze on him and kill him.

DrDoom101
he said SABER SKILSL ONLY! no force powers

jollyjim311
So precog doesn't count? Then whoever gets the first swing wins(Probably Windu because he isn't as old and slow).

Darth Faunus
he said SABER SKILSL ONLY! no force powers

A Jedi has nothing without the Force. Absolutely nothing. Use some common sense. Saber skills only, as in no Force push, lightning, absorb, etc. Simple enough?

Darth_Veav
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
A Jedi has nothing without the Force. Absolutely nothing. Use some common sense. Saber skills only, as in no Force push, lightning, absorb, etc. Simple enough?

I agree. If you played KOTOR 2 and somewhere when Atton and Keira is talking, she talks about Jedi being noting without force.

Force is the thing that MAKES a Jedi not a lightsaber! Lightsaber is just a weapon for the Jedi. Lightsaber+Jedi-Force=Just a fighter with a lightsaber.

Darth_Glentract
Actually, a lightsaber is referred to as an extension of a Jedi, part of him/her and Obi-wan calls it your life.

Escape81
Ah. Well, take away 'The Force', and you have a virtually powerless Yoda. He operates through Force assisted speed, agility, strength, and dexterity. Mace, like-wise. But Mace is bigger, stronger, and heavier. And Yoda is slow without the Force.

Mace wins. He steps on Yoda.

Tangible God
Then we get into this whole crap of, "But Mace beat Palpatine, and Yoda couldn't---what up?"

Escape81
Well, Yoda had immense disadvantages... Not to mention Palpatine was the only guy in the PT who could match him in Force powers. It wasn't going to be an easy fight anyway. Stop being down on Yoda, people!

And secondly, Mace defeated an over-confident Palpatine who didn't use the tenacity that he did against Yoda.

Duh.

Council#13
Official Website says Yoda beat Mace before. End of Story

mace=badass
well without the force yoda would die.
900 year old.... whatever he was (whill was it?)
he would just wither away or be like blah... im dead
and mace would be this old dude whos like im old ok

Happy Dance

Council#13
U've been Supershadowed. All the stuff on Supershadow's website (or like 90%) are fake

mace=badass
ive been there only few times and not anymore i just thought of that because its the only reference ive heard

overlord
Mace enters office, Yoda quickly ignites a green lightsaber, jumps at some random jedi at the bar who are chatting and Yoda jumps right through them. Blood is everywhere, Yoda is now running on the ceiling. Mace lifts off, Yoda shoots down and starts to summersault. Mace clashes into the cannonball with his lightsaber. Sparks fly everywhere, Yoda is beaten out of the way and hits the ground.
Mace is now raging towards Yoda, Yoda suddenly jumps up and rolls through the sky! Mace kicks the green blob to a wall.
Yoda immediately launches back from the wall with his lightsaber pointed towards Mace Windu, on the last moment, Windu twirls to the side while swinging the lightsaber and with the force of Vaapad manages to beat Yoda's lightsaber from his hand, the gay green lightsaber flies out of the window and falls on somebodies head.
Yoda is now crawling backwards and Mace Windu is threatening to kill him, SUDDENLY Yoda flings out force lightning! Mace catches it with his purple lightsaber and lifts it up, now Mace beats it back with a tarzan howl and the lightsaber enters Yoda's body, black smoke is coming from Yoda's chest and his ribs are visible. Yoda is still electrocuting the lightsaber and can't stop now because the lightning makes contact with his body, suddenly in a last attempt to retrieve control over the fight Yoda's mask falls off, the face shown is complete horror.. IT'S KHAAAAAAAN!!!!!! Mace picks up his stuff and quickly dives out of the window. Mace falls on one of the lower levels of Coruscant and his skull shatters in to a thousand pieces, dogs quickly rush in to feed on his brain.
Voila! And there you have it. Mace always beats Yoda but he never survives the pure horror of the alien.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Darth Faunus

blame the creator of the thread, not me. he said it in the title and in the first post. The Jedi can just wave their lightsabers patheically and stupidly.

overlord
Wave pathetically? They have been training martial arts and that sword stuff for all their lives!! That training doesn't fade away with the force.. eek!

Sesse
Yeah, but they rely quite a lot on their jedi-reflexes.

overlord
They would only be slower in that case. But I wouldn't give the force too much credit for everything.. They can probably still fight with what they have learned.
But yeah, I guess they would be a bit sloppier, the fights would probably be over much faster.

jollyjim311
Their whole lightsaber fighting saber style is based on the force. Granted, they would be able to duel better than someone who has only a little experience, but they would be nowhere as good as they are without foresight.

General Deprus
didint someone se the movie? Mace is going to kill Palpatine when Anakin cut his arm off. But yoda is forced to escape.
And in the episod 2 anakin says that obi-wan is wise like yoda and powerful like mace.

I say that Mace would win.

Deus Ex
That's horrible reasoning.

First off, Yoda fought an uphill battle and had to contend with heavy force usage. Mace didn't. He fought Sidious in a place barely eight feet tall.

Second off, if you think Anakin's line about his own master (Which is clearly exaggerated) is indicative of Mace's real power you need to go look up the word hyperbole.

Ki-Adi
In the novel of the episode three it is said that mace was the greatest duelist and kolar was the second, also vaapad is a skill which needs an improved level of knowledge about other skills according to wikipedia so i believe mace would stop yoda's attacks.I dont believe palpatine was over confident while fighting with mace because he completely had his povers useless against him according to novel again and im not sure but ive heard that yoda made palpatine release his lightsaber thats why he used lightning instead of saber when yoda jumped on his pod

Ki-Adi
So i believe they are very very evenly matched

Dush-khan Mabeo
No way Yoda would beat Mace, he relies on the Force much more than Windu.It's close but still the result is obvious

Apex
Yoda pwns Mace no matter how you compare them or what you take away from them. Yoda > Mace and that's the bottom line because I just said so, oh and GL agrees with me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.