Richest Man in Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GreatMuta
Always wondered with all the Character re-writes who's the most wealthy man in comics. Of course there may be more and please add as you feel necessary I picked three people each from Marvel and DC who i felt were stinking rich!

DarkCrawler
Why put Aquaman, but not Namor?

Namor is probably top 3 richest in Marvel Earth (Black Panther and Stark might surpass him)

willRules
Also depends on if you are referring to the ultimate universe, 616 etc etc

roughrider
What about Professor X? All the money needed to house that school, with all the mega-high tech weapons etc.

Wickerman
Originally posted by roughrider
What about Professor X? All the money needed to house that school, with all the mega-high tech weapons etc.

Aren't the high tech weapons and stuff donated by the shi'ar or something???

Either way, i'm thinking either Stark or BP or Bruce Wayne.

~wickerman~

long pig
Strange=limitless income.

He can magically make tons of gold at a time.

Whurlysplat
Ozymandias of normal humans - Veidt was like Bill Gates + in Watchmen

8bitChris
I'm trying to figure out how Angel made that list and Black Panther didn't.

DrDoom101
Lex Luthor

Juntai
Lex Luthor appeared as one of the top 5 richest fictional characters in media in Forbes' Fictional Richest list.

Inspectah Deck
Lex Luthor

Avalonofthewind
You're all wrong....Here is the WINNER....
His allowance alone would make Scrooge Mc duck cry.
All these guys are paupers next to the richmeister. cool:

http://www.esoterically.net/log/images/richie_rich2.gif :

Swanky-Tuna
I heard adult Richie Rich lights a fan of $100s to light another fan of $100s to light his cigar.

severance
I voted lex cos he can become richer through underhand less ethical practice.

in theory reed richards should be the richest cos he's the cleverest and has or can invent the cooler stuff. but in practice he is too much of a boffin to exploit his inventions

DarkCrawler
Scrooge McDuck has more money then God...

http://www.goldenlands.com/Disney/Sericels/full%20size/scrooge_mcduck_.jpg

Maestro
JP with his untold trillions, and high-tech resources.

DigiMark007
I always vote Black Panther in the money discussions. With his own country, he could technically probably just print his own money for whatever he needed. Even without that rather dumb tactic, he's still loaded.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I always vote Black Panther in the money discussions. With his own country, he could technically probably just print his own money for whatever he needed. Even without that rather dumb tactic, he's still loaded.

so printing money increases it value does it digi smile Germany 1920's a wheelbarrow full was needed to purchase a steak.

He does though have an economy based on the sole deposits of vibranium!

GreatMuta
Well yes Black panther and Doom were missing from this list. But i was more looking into buisnessman type people (minus Aquaman) besides i wanted to keep the poll tighter than the discussion. When reading Ultimates they mentioned Tony Starks $$$ in the upwards of 450 billion! Yes T'challa has his own country but damn tony gots plenty o'loot ...maybe he can bye it! Doom's money wouldn't mostlikely be "good" being that he is a well known monarch/dictator! Now i'm no finacial expert and all but i don't see alot of investment in that country!

severance
Originally posted by GreatMuta
Well yes Black panther and Doom were missing from this list. But i was more looking into buisnessman type people (minus Aquaman) besides i wanted to keep the poll tighter than the discussion. When reading Ultimates they mentioned Tony Starks $$$ in the upwards of 450 billion!

damn straight he can buy a country with that. That makes him what 20 times riches than Gates. not sure he could afford wkanda with all its natural resources

GreatMuta
Well finally someone comes to my rescue (ultimates is badd azz) Tony himself says he was the third richest man in the world! I'm sure someone will try and pull the Wayne card but.....bring it on :-)

Superherovandal
Bruce Wayne is he own Wayne Industries as well as Luthorcorp.

FistOfThe North
Lex Luthor without a doubt and no questions asked.

Who came to Gotham's aid after the Great Quake that happened there? LexCorp.

In another comic "Batman" comic I read a couple of years ago, I saw an ordinary Gotham citizen taking pictures of a commotion going on with a LexCam. And that wasn't the 1st time I saw LexCorp products inside Gotham either. And practically all comics didn't have Superman or Lex Luthor in the comics.

demigawd

Juntai
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Lex Luthor without a doubt and no questions asked.

Who came to Gotham's aid after the Great Quake that happened there? LexCorp.

In another comic "Batman" comic I read a couple of years ago, I saw an ordinary Gotham citizen taking pictures of a commotion going on with a LexCam. And that wasn't the 1st time I saw LexCorp products inside Gotham either. And practically all comics didn't have Superman or Lex Luthor in the comics. All the military stuff you see in DC is Lexcorp too. Lexcorp is DC comic's biggest/richest corporation.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Juntai
All the military stuff you see in DC is Lexcorp too. Lexcorp is DC comic's biggest/richest corporation. Acutally in Superman/Shazam I think the narration says it's number 3.

The Ion
Well finally someone comes to my rescue (ultimates is badd azz) Tony himself says he was the third richest man in the world! I'm sure someone will try and pull the Wayne card but.....bring it on :-)
*pulls Wayne card*

Ultimate Hulk43
Always wondered with all the Character re-writes who's the most wealthy man in comics. Of course there may be more and please add as you feel necessary I picked three people each from Marvel and DC who i felt were stinking rich!

I voted for Bruce Wayne. cool

nathan summers
It's an insult to not even have Black Panther on the list. The Nation of Wakanda is one of the most technologically sound and advanced civilization's in the Marvel Universe.They have more cash in their back pocket than the entire United States -- Marvel Universe. With various buisnesses run throughout the world, HUNDREDS of untapped natural resources and the vibranium mound they have everyone trumped. Black Panther could more than likely buy out Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp in less than an hour.

Juntai

demigawd
Huh...imagine that. I didn't know they updated that list.

Good catch!

DarkCrawler

demigawd

DarkCrawler

demigawd
haha...the world's first!

Maybe Five billion quintiplitilion unptuplatillion multuplatillion impossibidillion fantasticatrillion dollars DVD (duckville dollars) only translates to 8.2 billion USD? If we don't have a basis for comparison, like, if the average home is one fantasticatrillion dollars and the average salary is two impossibidillion dollars per year, then we can't say if Five billion quintiplitilion unptuplatillion multuplatillion impossibidillion fantasticatrillion dollars is as huge as it would be if the average salary were $20,000 a year and the average home were $210,000.

And according to one of your timelines, Scrooge died in 1967. So there's obviously some inconsistency there. Also, Forbes tends to combine multiple sources, like it did for Lex Luthor and Batman, which uses the comics, the cartoons, and the movies and randomly picks things where there's a contradiction between the three.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by demigawd

And according to one of your timelines, Scrooge died in 1967. So there's obviously some inconsistency there. Also, Forbes tends to combine multiple sources, like it did for Lex Luthor and Batman, which uses the comics, the cartoons, and the movies and randomly picks things where there's a contradiction between the three.

But (I think) everybody agree that he was born in 1800's. The Life story of Scrooge tells the same thing.

You also have to remember:

# 1967: After a life of adventure, Scrooge McDuck purportedly dies at the age of 100, according to Don Rosa's unofficial timelines (though sometimes Rosa does not trust his timeline).
# 1994: According to Carl Barks, Scrooge McDuck is still alive in 1994, having found the Trojan Horse.
# 1997: Barks states that Scrooge is still alive in this year, according to the story "Somewhere in Nowhere".

Barks is the creator of Scrooge, and I think since he was created in 1947, and he was about 80 then, it would make sense that his birth date was somewhere around 1800's.

It's all just complicated...stick out tongue

Maybe Five billion quintiplitilion unptuplatillion multuplatillion impossibidillion fantasticatrillion dollars DVD (duckville dollars) only translates to 8.2 billion USD? If we don't have a basis for comparison, like, if the average home is one fantasticatrillion dollars and the average salary is two impossibidillion dollars per year, then we can't say if Five billion quintiplitilion unptuplatillion multuplatillion impossibidillion fantasticatrillion dollars is as huge as it would be if the average salary were $20,000 a year and the average home were $210,000.
Nah, I don't think that it is so. You see, Duckville is part of United States of America. It resides on (imaginary) state of Calisota:

So they use normal dollars. wink

Scrooge just has so much money that they had to invent entire new names for his wealth. laughing out loud

demigawd
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
But (I think) everybody agree that he was born in 1800's. The Life story of Scrooge tells the same thing.

You also have to remember:

# 1967: After a life of adventure, Scrooge McDuck purportedly dies at the age of 100, according to Don Rosa's unofficial timelines (though sometimes Rosa does not trust his timeline).
# 1994: According to Carl Barks, Scrooge McDuck is still alive in 1994, having found the Trojan Horse.
# 1997: Barks states that Scrooge is still alive in this year, according to the story "Somewhere in Nowhere".

Barks is the creator of Scrooge, and I think since he was created in 1947, and he was about 80 then, it would make sense that his birth date was somewhere around 1800's.

It's all just complicated...stick out tongue

haha....but we don't know the rate of aging between issues of comics. I mean, does he recount World War I while riding around in his speedboat? Or does time travel with him? You know how it goes! Superman's basically been the same age all his life, ditto with Batman. Who knows? I just don't think Forbes is incompetent for putting his age down as 80 instead of 139, which would have had them going "WTF?"

But this is the United States in Universe #58372, where the inflation and exchange rate and....math...is different from our Universe! big grin

hahaha, but Santa has INFINITE wealth!

DarkCrawler
haha....but we don't know the rate of aging between issues of comics. I mean, does he recount World War I while riding around in his speedboat? Or does time travel with him? You know how it goes! Superman's basically been the same age all his life, ditto with Batman. Who knows? I just don't think Forbes is incompetent for putting his age down as 80 instead of 139, which would have had them going "WTF?"

Maybe...but they were still wrong. stick out tongue

But this is the United States in Universe #58372, where the inflation and exchange rate and....math...is different from our Universe! big grin

Maybe, lol. laughing out loud

hahaha, but Santa has INFINITE wealth!

I remember this Scrooge comic...Santa was, um, broke, and he had to loan money from Scrooge. He agreed to do that in one option: he wanted 90% of all the profits that Santa made with his toys and other stuff. At the end of the issue he realized that Santa gave all his toys for free and didn't get any profit of them. laughing out loud

When God is broke he loans some from Scrooge... Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.