IGPX!! The Official Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Japanese_wolf52
big grin who likes IGPX?

Japanese_wolf52
no one has seen IGPX before

MikaSato7
Is that the new show that is going to be on cartoon network? Or are you talking about something totally different.

Japanese_wolf52
Its the one going to be on cartoon network this saturday at 10:00pm

MikaSato7
Then starting Saturday I will be watching it. smile

spencerspider
um its monday this next saturday or 2 days ago? it really dont look that great for me

sailormoon
It looks interesting.

MikaSato7
I am at least going to see the first few episodes, then I'll decide if I am going to continue watching it or not. You never know, it might be really good.

powerfulone1987
Ah man, beat me to the punch!
I was gonna start a thread devoted to this show because I think it's a very good show.

And I think it was very dumb to start a thread about a show that hadn't come on yet. People just always need to be the first at something but anyways.

At least I am the first person to post about the show that has seen it.
The graphics of the racing part of the show was the first thing that brought me in when they were promoting the show.
But as I watched the show, I realized I liked so much more about it than the graphics.
I like the story and I like the characters. And I like the fact that I will get the chance to be with a show from the beginning which rarely happens. I usually catch on late to a good show and have to ask a lot of questions and feel confused like I am currently feeling about some shows that I have recently caught on to.

But I will definitely stick with this show for the whole ride and hopefully it does very well and continues to air for years and years to come..........
...........like the Simpson!

Is it comprehensible.....

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by spencerspider
um its monday this next saturday or 2 days ago? it really dont look that great for me

What do you mean when you say it doesn't look great?

Are you actually talking about visuals or the show overall, because I don't think they really told us a lot about the show in the commercials promoting the show. They just showed clips of stuff. And if you are talking about visuals then I don't think that's a good way to judge if you'll like the show or not.

*Judging a book by its cover*

I'm sure, for instance, Harry Potter fans wouldn't stop reading the series just because a new book comes out with a cover that they disliked.

is it comprehensible.....

Japanese_wolf52
I liked it because im nascar fan (not a redneck). I started this thread a week early because some people might not even know it came out. and i wanted to start an offical thread.

powerfulone1987
Well you started the thread with the question, "who likes IGPX?".
And you shouldn't have started this thread based on who likes it if it hadn't come out yet.
If you wanted to start it to let peple know about it, you would have said something like. "This show is premiering ______ ..............." and so on and son and if you knew a little about the show then you would have told a little about it to let people know if it was there kind of show or not.

But obviously you started it for other reasons because nobody starts a thread asking people if they like a show that hasn't come on tv yet.

Movie_Geek_
I saw the show and can not make up my mind if I like it or not. Not much has happened in the two shows they had. I will have to see more of it before I decide. One thing I do like is the graphics and the art of the anime.

powerfulone1987
Yup, me too.

Japanese_wolf52
it came out in japan and thats when i first saw it thats why i started it and besides this is offical thread so CHILL OUT OH MY GOD. WHO CARES WHEN OR WERE IT STARTS

powerfulone1987
As much as you don't see it, it does matter when it started because no one was able to respond to this EARLY thread until the show premiered.
So it was pretty pointless to make this thread when you did.

Japanese_wolf52
well were i live i can see all anime before it comes onto cartoonnetwork? Anyway does any one have a fav. charactor yet

powerfulone1987
Not everybody lives where you live.

Japanese_wolf52
yes but it is from a store and it is called sam goody

powerfulone1987
Anyway, it was pointless to do what you did. Nobody starts a thread, for something that doesn't exist yet. Plain and simple and common sense.

powerfulone1987
I really liked tonight's episode. My mouth was dropping at parts doing the race.
I was very surprised and impressed with the girl with the cat. I like her the most.

BunnyCupCakes
I like Takeshi. The shows cool & amazing with it's animation.
I'm suprised Toonami finally found a good show to air on there.

I hope IGPX makes a good hit in America besides Naruto....
I love IGPX^_^

powerfulone1987
what do you mean "i hope igpx makes a good hit in America besides Naruto"?

BunnyCupCakes
I meant if Naruto ever becomes REALLY popular in the U.S like DBZ, I just hope IGPX is as popular as well cuz it's such a good anime. It's just an opinion an-e-wayz so it doesn't matter. That's all^-^

My friends think Naruto will become the next DBZ(-_-)!

powerfulone1987
I get you know, you just didn't type what you mean to say.
You should have typed, "I hope IGPX becomes a hit in America along with Naruto also".

cool blue14
i never seen not one episode but i plan on watchin it today from when i recoreded it on dvr

BunnyCupCakes
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I get you know, you just didn't type what you mean to say.
You should have typed, "I hope IGPX becomes a hit in America along with Naruto also".

Yeah, that's what I meant stick out tongue

Gosh, I can't wait for the next NEW episode....when Takeshi goes on a date with that French girl....that's so cute, though it's not a good idea 2 be falling in love with some1 u will go against some day....-_-

I have a feeling that French chick could be up 2 something.....or maybe it's just love....( or I can be just jealous in other words... roll eyes (sarcastic) )

powerfulone1987
it will cause extra tension when they have to compete with each other. They may use that episode as the fanale or something.

MikaSato7
I really like this show, my favorite character is without a doubt Amy. big grin

powerfulone1987
I like the show too, but I don't like how they focus so much on that boy.

darkridr
Waaa... The seasons over!!!
Yaaa.... Team Setomi won!!

powerfulone1987
yeah, it could have gone either way, but then again, they would be competing in the same tournament all over again, so it's good that they won so we can go further with the story instead of stay in the same place and go through the same stuff all over again.

Mantis
Amazing showdown between Takeshi and Cunningham at the end... Get ready for Season 2 and White Snow...

sailormoon
Yeah it was awesome!!!Yay they won! They be Valstine or how ever you spell it! Yay!!!!!!!!!! clap
I hope they wait a little bit to show the second season, it would just get me more hyped up for it! It's boring if they're like "new villains, old heroes" or whatever, and you just watched the first season and you go straight into the second season.

FullMetalLover1
i thought it was cute how everyone was so happy! i loved it!

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by sailormoon
Yeah it was awesome!!!Yay they won! They be Valstine or how ever you spell it! Yay!!!!!!!!!! clap
I hope they wait a little bit to show the second season, it would just get me more hyped up for it! It's boring if they're like "new villains, old heroes" or whatever, and you just watched the first season and you go straight into the second season.
what do you mean, new villians, old heroes, and not liking it if the second season started soon after?

sailormoon
They had a preview for the second season at the end of that episode. It would just be more exciting if they waited a little to show the premiere instead of just diving into it.

BunnyCupCakes
Can't believe the first season ended.

Takeshi's so cute.
I'm glad they won too n_n

sailormoon
Hey, did y'all know Haley Joel Osment does Takashi's voice? And Sora voice for Kingdom Hearts.

BunnyCupCakes
Hey, did y'all know Haley Joel Osment does Takashi's voice? And Sora voice for Kingdom Hearts.

Yey yep!!! big grin
We were just discussin about that in this other forum website of KH I go on like a month ago.
No body believed it till they watched the show....his voice totally changed

FullMetalLover1
now flippin way! so that means that sora's not gonna be all kiddy in kh2? awesome!

powerfulone1987
They had a preview for the second season at the end of that episode. It would just be more exciting if they waited a little to show the premiere instead of just diving into it. althought this doesn't explain your other message I was referring too, I'll consider it a whole seperate messgae and the other questionable.

sailormoon
I smell KH fans... shifty

Right on!

Originally posted by BunnyCupCakes
Yey yep!!! big grin
We were just discussin about that in this other forum website of KH I go on like a month ago.
No body believed it till they watched the show....his voice totally changed

I know, he sounded nothing like Sora in IGPX. I'm going to miss Sora's voice...

powerfulone1987
For as long as Kingdom Hearts has been in production, who is to say he didn't voice the character a long time ago when he still had his youthful sounding voice.

sailormoon
Hmmm...But it took so long for the second one to come out...they'd probably want him to sound a little older. I know this is off topic, but does anyone think something might be up with Kairi?

powerfulone1987
They wouldn't if not much time had passes since the last game.

sailormoon
C'est possible!

FullMetalLover1
puberty has been nice to kairi is all i can say shifty

sailormoon
laughing OMG! That's what I was thinking! I mean, how far apart in years are the games supposed to be for Heaven's sake!

FullMetalLover1
i dont know, how old are they in the game?

sailormoon
The first one?

Kairi-14
Sora-14
Riku-15

powerfulone1987
the game takes place like 2 yrs after the first one.

FullMetalLover1
so yeah they are older, so i guess thats why.

sailormoon
Yep! Riku's drop dead sexy! And I hear Sora's looking pretty good himself too! yes

BunnyCupCakes
Yep! Riku's drop dead sexy! And I hear Sora's looking pretty good himself too! yes

Heh...u got that right.
U should hear Riku's voice...it's sexy as well!!
Even David whateverhislastnameis....said Riku is sexy XD

U guys should go on the MTV website on Overdrive. They have VA interviews including Jesse Mccartney/Roxas
Sora sounds kinda odd though...lol

whoa...this is off topic

sailormoon
Yeah, it is...but I'll check it out! Besides, IGPX is taking a break on Toonami, so there isn't much to talk about! smile

powerfulone1987
I still don't know how good it did though.

Did this show gain a huge fanbase? Did it do well?

I was afraid it might not appeal to many and be cancelled.

sailormoon
I have no idea, but I think it's coming back in like a month. As I'm sure you've heard, Toonami is showing a movie each Saturday for a month. Probably so they can get their lineup straight.

powerfulone1987
Yeah, I plan on watching those movies. I missed one of them when they played it a couple times a few weeks ago, but it's coming on again, so I'll hopefully catch it.

sailormoon
You mean Spirited Away?

powerfulone1987
yeah and the others

FullMetalLover1
i really want to see those movies, they look awesome, and spirited away is a really good movie ^_^ so i've heard big grin

powerfulone1987
Yeah, it looks interesting. At first, when I heard about it coming on the first time, I thought it was a new series coming on and I was real excited about watching. I was disappointed when I found out that it was a movie, but oh well.

sailormoon
Yeah, it is good! It kind of struck me as like, the Japanese version of Alice in Wonderland...

powerfulone1987
I hope that's a good thing.

sailormoon
It is! It's better! stick out tongue

InnerRise
2nd Season of IGPX starts tonight at 10:30pm.

Watch it people. Very exciting. Very anticipated.

sailormoon
Yay! See? It's more exciting since they waited a while to show the second season!!!

InnerRise
I fell asleep and missed it. cry

What happened? bawling

sailormoon
laughing

Stealth
Originally posted by InnerRise
I fell asleep and missed it. cry

What happened? bawling

Takeshi is now overconfident since he is the new Champion Forward... So basically, Satomi is getting owned by Team Edgeraid and Takeshi's new attitude is not helping one bit... There teamwork has weakened significantly since the champion race between them and Velshtein...

InnerRise
laughing You're a big help. I'll remember that for sure.

Originally posted by Stealth
Takeshi is now overconfident since he is the new Champion Forward... So basically, Satomi is getting owned by Team Edgeraid and Takeshi's new attitude is not helping one bit... There teamwork has weakened significantly since the champion race between them and Velshtein...

That sounds like Takeshi. Thanks for the explanation.

InnerRise
Takeshi is getting on my nerves.

Stealth
Takeshi is getting on my nerves.

is it comprehensible..... He is going to get what he deserves from Team White Snow... Hmm, the Puppetmaster...

sailormoon
Leave Takeshi alone.

sailormoon
OMG! Did anyone see that? It looked liked Liz was going to kiss Ami!

InnerRise
Yeah. I saw that. It did look like that. Ha.

Is it just me or does Liz sound exactly like Michelle Rodriguez or however you spell her last name.

Oh yeah. And Takeshi definately got his Stealth.

Also that scene where Amy gets hurt was very WHOAISH. Like a moment of AWWW.

First that opponent, that small girl says "Sayonara" and then she throws them up in the air and everything goes into slow motion and that suspenseful moment right before impact.
Ah man. I wish I could see that again. That was really something. And the fact that that little indian type girl doesn't ever talk and then she just comes out of no where sounding all happy and demonic with her "Sayonara" really added to it. I didn't expect her to say anything or to have so much life in her voice. I was beginning to think she was innocent and being dragged along but she really is evil like the rest of her team. And then they blatantly lied in front of the audience as if they cared what happened to Amy as if they didn't mean to hurt her.

Stealth
Rocket G is back... Now that is going to be a very intresting episode... Can Andre hold his own against Velshtein... I'm overcomed with pure anticipation...

Banned Induraga Mano? What's up with that?

I loved Velshtein's Trumph Card... So White Snow's puppet techniques are perfectly fine? Where's the justice... When did it all go so wrong...

InnerRise
You sound just like an announcer.

Stealth
Yeah, I did sound like an announcer in that last post...

I missed a small part of that last episode... How exactly did Amy get hurt?

InnerRise
You know the small little indian looking girl Team "White Snow", well her and her team mates did the Puppet Technique on Takeshi's Team.

The little indian looking girl got Amy and she held Amy in place. Now it all went by kind of fast, but somebody from Takeshi's Team got thrown up in the air and came smack down on one of their team mates. Amy was either the one that got thrown up or was the one that got crashed into by whoever was thrown up.

In the end her Robot was horribly damaged and she was left knocked out in the middle of the course but Takeshi and Liz had to go complete the race so they were told to leave here there unconscious and they later met up with her while she was being taken care of in the hospital. But she's okay. She was sitting up and talking and laughing and stuff, she's just resting up.

InnerRise
I'm hating Takeshi more and more.

sailormoon
I was never a big fan of Fantine and Takeshi's relationship, but that was kinda sad. It's probably for the best though! big grin

InnerRise
I liked their relationship. I thought she was just breaking up with him to mess with his head in the race. I don't like her reasoning behind the break up at all. It was horribly executed.

sailormoon
True...kinda sad, kinda not...

InnerRise
God. Did anybody else see that coming. Liz and Takeshi!

I knew they had a thing going but I didn't actually think anything would happen this soon.

I have a bad feeling. I think it happened like that b/c it's the last season and that was the last show and they wanted to hurry to resolve everything.

I mean some of the last words that were said at the end of the show kind made me feel as if the characters were saying goodbye.

And they even at the end showed them fast forwarded to the next season and showed them racing Team Velshtine(however you spell it).

And that's unusual b/c last time they started the second season during the next IGPX and in this episode they showed them already into the next IGPX.

And then the ending race against Team White Snow was magnificient as if they wanted to go out with a bang.

They could all understand Luca(The Cat) now. And at the very end they did this thing with the animation where it looked kind of different and they had every Team with their backs to the screen and them looking out of this big glass window and as the screen scrolled to the right revealing all of them one by one each Teams Mechs would race by the window as you went over that team.

They also showed Team Satomi's Leader and Coach and Crew and Takeshi's Sister. And at the end they showed Team Satomi and at the very last second Takeshi looked back with a smile and then it went off.

There was no "See You Next Season" (Not to mention they actually showed the next season toward the end of the episode with them racing off) and there was no "We'll Be Back" or anything.

By the way does anybody know why the show ever left it's original Time Slot on Toonami anyway?

Anyway it's very sad indeed. I'll have to do some research online to be sure, but I'm very sad.

This was the first episode I'd seen since I've returned to college and it may also be the last. Very very sad. I loved the show.

And I had just recently realized that just as I had thought, the voice of Liz was Michelle Rodriquez.

Anyway, I'll dearly miss the show if it is the last. But I strongly hope that it's not.

Anybody else see it? Any thoughts?

Is It Comprehensible.....

sailormoon
I looooovvvveeedd!!!!!!!!!!! the last episode! It was perfect! I think Takashi and Liz hooked up perfectly!!! And the way they showed how they kept going for the rest of their lives! And the way they ended with Cunningham!!!!!!! And how they showed all the teams, that made me wanna cry!!!! And how Takashi looked back at us in the end!!!!! I'm gonna miss the SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love sad

DeathEater23
you can if your board

sailormoon
huh?

InnerRise
Originally posted by DeathEater23
you can if your board say what?

Well it's nice to know that you still watched the show Sailormoon.

I was afraid I was the only one on here still watching it.

Do you know it switched to different TimeSlots and to a Different Night.

Are you sure this is the last episode?

sailormoon
Yeah, I knew.

No, but I'm guessing! smile

InnerRise
Yeah, I knew.

No, but I'm guessing! smile I mean to ask if you knew WHY it switched to a different time and night.

sailormoon
Oh, probably because of the cussing. Maybe?

InnerRise
I was surprise in one of the recent episodes when Takeshi and Team White Snow were fighting with those sticks and Takeshi said something I can't remember right now, but I was shocked.

I think he said something with B!tch in it maybe.

Anyway, I don't think it was moved for cussing. Maybe, but I don't know.

Anyway. Here you go. This makes it final.

bawling

http://www.productionig.com/contents/works_sp/23_/s08_/000267.html

Read the part about the Voice Acting, tells more about the show ending.
It's a link in the first part you have to click to read it.

sailormoon
I was surprise in one of the recent episodes when Takeshi and Team White Snow were fighting with those sticks and Takeshi said something I can't remember right now, but I was shocked.

I think he said something with B!tch in it maybe.

Anyway, I don't think it was moved for cussing. Maybe, but I don't know.

Anyway. Here you go. This makes it final.

bawling

http://www.productionig.com/contents/works_sp/23_/s08_/000267.html

Read the part about the Voice Acting, tells more about the show ending.
It's a link in the first part you have to click to read it.

Ohhh...the ache in my heart returns...that's so sad!sad I'm going to miss them SO MUCH!!!!!!!crybaby

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.