A Question I Have About TMC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BaronOBeefDip
I apologize in advanced if this question if this was already asked. I did a search for it, but I didn't get any results. Anyway, here is my question-Where was Texas Chainsaw Massacre filmed?

BackFire
Texas.

BaronOBeefDip
Thanks. I couldn't remember whether or not it was actually filmed on location.

eggmayo
Sorry to point this out, TMC?

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by BackFire
Texas.

I could just see you shaking your head as you typed this.

MildPossession
The original - Austin, Bastrop and Round Rock were apparently the shooting locations in Texas.

BaronOBeefDip
Well, I know it was shot somewhere in Texas. I just wanted to know where abouts in Texas it was made.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I could just see you shaking your head as you typed this.
It could be possible that they didn't shoot it in Texas. Most of the New York scenes in F13 Part 8 weren't shot in New York. Most of the New Jersey scenes in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back weren't shot in New Jersey.

zombieman
Nah, it's definately Texas. Watch the 'making of' on the DVD or read the 'Texas Chainsaw Massace Companion'.

BaronOBeefDip
Damn, I wish I could find the DVD.

Wolfie
Originally posted by zombieman
Nah, it's definately Texas. Watch the 'making of' on the DVD or read the 'Texas Chainsaw Massace Companion'.
I'm sure it is. I was just saying that Baron's question isn't obvious.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Wolfie
It could be possible that they didn't shoot it in Texas. Most of the New York scenes in F13 Part 8 weren't shot in New York. Most of the New Jersey scenes in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back weren't shot in New Jersey.

Possible, but not likely.

Hooper was born in Texas, so I'm assuming he knew the creepy locales at which he'd film. New Line was only 5 years old when TCM was released through them, and having only a couple of John Waters movies to their credit, their budget obviously wasn't the biggest, neither was Hoopers, so traveling wasn't an option.

Anycrap, here are the filming locations for TCM.

I read that most of Friday 8 actually was filmed in Manhatten, the bay, etc. Post-production in Canada.

Wolfie
The F13 box set that was released not too long ago has short interviews with people involved in each movie.

The Friday 8 director said that they were only allowed one day on the strip (the boombox scene). The rest they had to do with other cities (forget which exactly) because "an alley in is an alley in New York". You're probably right about the bay.

Cinemaddiction
They were close to Niagara Falls, they probably paddled their asses over there and saved some money.

b-dan
Originally posted by eggmayo
Sorry to point this out, TMC? texas chain saw massacer = TMC

Wolfie
That's "TCM", buddy. wink

I'm sure that was just a typo on Baron's (and hope on b-dan's) part.

Groucho
Heck, Lord of the Rings was shot in New Zealand instead of filming on location in Middle Earth. You never know these days.

eggmayo
Oh yeah, b-dan... whack a [ on the start of your sig and it will work smile

BaronOBeefDip
Yeah, it was a typo. Curse my horrible typing while I'm half-asleep.

eggmayo
Originally posted by BaronOBeefDip
Yeah, it was a typo. Curse my horrible typing while I'm half-asleep.
stick out tongue I'll let you off, you seem to be able to form a comprehensible sentence, unlike a large percentage of this board..

tabby999
Originally posted by Groucho
Heck, Lord of the Rings was shot in New Zealand instead of filming on location in Middle Earth. You never know these days.

its terrible isn't it, damn lying movie makers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.