So is anyone else on the forums color blind?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
So i recently found out what I had suspected for awhile. I'm color blind. specifically i have unilateral minor protanopia. basically, that means that my right eye sees color normally while my left sees most colors more intensly, and sees red as a pale green and green as a light brown. So is anyone else on the forums colorbind? Just wondering, and yeah, statistically i know most of you are gonna be guys.

Darth Jello
also:
Advantages to color blindness-
increased aim accuracy
exemption from most military services.
famous colorblind people-
Fred "Mr. Rogers" Rogers
Lewis Black
famous fictional colorblind people-
Special Agent Fox Mulder
Bullseye

Bardock42
I am not Colour blind but anyways: Advantages of not being Colour Blind:

You can see colours properly w00t

Prince Nauj
I'm color blind and mostly with red, orange and blue, purple but yeah I still rock stick out tongue

T.M
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
I'm color blind and mostly with red, orange and blue, purple but yeah I still rock stick out tongue

same it had become less severe over the years for me though

now i have pretty much normal vision

lil bitchiness
Nope - im a ''standard colour seeeeeeeeeeer''

The True Fear
yellow

debbiejo
"I see dead people".....

NO, just normal color for me....

T.M
Damn you normal vison people stick out tongue

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by The True Fear
yellow
definitely that color for me, its so hard

Cepheus
color blindness... thats so hot

jaden101
i have a condition that allows me to see slightly beyond the normal visible spectrum into near infra-red and near UV

i also have hearing which can pick up higher than normal frequencies but not lower

jaden101
i am also talking bollocks....as opposed to having talking bollocks...which would be really funny...although sometimes it is the balls that rule the brain so...

The True Fear
yellow sucks. **** you coldplay

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by Bardock42
I am not Colour blind but anyways: Advantages of not being Colour Blind:

You can see colours properly w00t

laughing HAHAHAHA. Perfect smiley selection. Well played sir, well played indeed. laughing out loud

hotsauce6548
I'm not, but my best friend is.

Doesn't really make a difference...

And you can't see in black and white, can you?

Atlantis001

tabby999
i didn't think i was colour blind, but i recon i might have that unilateral whatchamacallit. i've noticed one eye having brighter colour, but never thought anything of it

Darth Jello

Neo_Version 7
I just found out one of my friends is color-blind. messed

Darth Jello
here's a spectrum comparison between normal vision and the three main kinds of red/green deficiancies.

Darth Jello
and here's a little test, i'm gonna post two pictures, you should look at them with one eye at a time. If you can see the number 45 in the first picture and nothing in the second, you're ok. if both look the same....well...then you have a problem.

Darth Jello
pic 2

Darth Jello
and here's a full test http://www.flugbedarf.de/html/menu/Pilotenservice/colorblind/plate1.htm

Syren
I took the test and it appears I see normally. I can't imagine seeing the colours differently, and it must be much worse for those who have developed colour blindness having been able to see properly at one time erm

Darth Jello
well, you are a girl. aside from brain and/or optic nerve injuries, women have a statistically insignificant chance of being colorblind. I think it's something like 1:50 for men and 1:10,000,000 for women.

EsteemedLeader
I passed with flying colors (Pun definitely intended)

Susan-Storm
i see colors Perfectly..mostly Blue

yerssot
Originally posted by Darth Jello
well, you are a girl. aside from brain and/or optic nerve injuries, women have a statistically insignificant chance of being colorblind. I think it's something like 1:50 for men and 1:10,000,000 for women.
I don't know the exact numbers but most man have a slight form of it yes

GCG
Soooooo .....How do Color Blind people do to pass their driviing test ?

How do they tell the difference between whats Red to stop and Green to Go ?

Is there discrimination towards their regard ?

http://bkmarcus.com/blog/images/blurredtrafficlight.gif

yerssot
you know the upper light is red, the middle orange and the lower green

GCG
So thats what they are thought right ?

yerssot
if they seriously can't see it, then yes, they get taught that

Darth Jello
well for men it's more like 1:50

leana marie
i cant see colors properly from my right eye... but my left is fine...

Darth Jello
the whole reasoning behind the whole thing is an evolutionary adaptation to fit a certain need in hunter/gatherer societies. more men are colorblind because every hunting party had at least one color blind person to act as a scout to spot prey by being able to see through camoflauge. Men functioned as hunters in these societies while women did pretty much everything else considering that every society up until about 12,000 years ago was matriarchal (probably from the time since we came down from trees. So naturally, certain traits that give advantages in hunting-colorblindness, left-handedness, increased muscle mass, emotional instability, are much more prevelant in men whereas traits needed to lead and protect-stamina, pain and tempurature tolerance, rationality, higher emotional and mental stability, are more prevelent in women.

Bicnarok
cant tell the difference between red green brown in some cases, for me its especially annoying as Im an artisit, Portraits mainly. Have ot buy paint where the colour is written down on the tube. and Guess

corinne
Im color blind...and im a girl .....it kinda sucks cause i am in high school and for some reason we have projects where coloring is a huge grade and i cant tell the difference between most of the colors..mostly yellow and orange and red...and purple and blue..and green and blue...i always have a friend help me though, so its not that bad...i just wonder about when i get older and i dont have some one there all the time to tell me what the colors are... but im sure it will be ok....

RZA
It's a recessive gene that passed on to males by their mother's side of the family. And it's passed on by a female carrier, usually it's your grandmother on your mother's side of the family.

I'm red-green color blind. Like one of the above posters said I have the same trouble distinguishing between shades of red, brown and green.

I must be getting worse because I couldn't see anything in either one of those pics.

I'm glad someone already answered the typical traffic light question.

The lights to me look like this:

green = white
yellow = looks yellow
red = kinda orange

Anyone else see it this way?

It's usually not a problem but it's kinda of embarrassing when you have to explain it to people. One time I was required to buy a specific piece of paper that needed to be brown and obviously I really couldn't tell for sure, so I had to ask the cashier just to make sure. She gave me a look like I was either retarded or pulling her leg, so I was forced to go into the whole spiel about...'oh yeah I got this partial color blind thing, I just needed to make sure that it wasn't the red one'...blah..bla...blah

Aside from the traffic light question, I always get people pointing to this and that and asking me what color it is. One time this fool pointed to something white and asked me what color it was...idiot!

Nichole
Can anyone read this?

Kryzula
I have terrible vision but I am not color blind.

~ Kryzula

dani_california
My neighbor dated this artist once who was completely color blind. Most of the stuff he did was modern art but once he painted this landscape and he made the grass purple.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Darth Jello
also:
Advantages to color blindness-
increased aim accuracy
exemption from most military services.
famous colorblind people-
Fred "Mr. Rogers" Rogers
Lewis Black
famous fictional colorblind people-
Special Agent Fox Mulder
Bullseye

what are the disadvantages?

Leo.M
I'm not.

redcaped
Someone I know with this problem told me that dogs can't see colors either.

Darth Jello
nope, they can't. nor cats. it gives them better night vision

Kinneary
Dogs see in various shades of blue, violet, gray, and some scientists think they can also see yellow, as well. It is true, though, that they can't see colors like green, yellow or red.

redcaped
are u a dog?

redcaped
Just social humor.

Yoshiaki
I have a question... how do colorblind people know that white is yellow, green is red and whatnot... maybe we all see the world differently.

You grow up learning Blue is blue, yellow is yellow, but if you saw the color orange b/c u were colorblind and it looked yellow, you would call our "yellow" orange... etc... so you wouldnt know your colorblind would you....?

Maybe in my brain, red looks like what green should look like... and green looks yellow.. and yellow looks red...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.