Obi-Wan vs. Kit Fisto (read what i have to say first)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Council#13
Yeah, well, i know you people will call me a noob and stuff before u even read what i say, but in The Cestus Deception, Obi-Wan realized that Kit was the better swordsman even after he was a bit tired out by the JK droid (this was while they were practicing with their lightsabers). This was during the clone wars, and Obi-Wan got better, but did he get good enough to beat Fisto?

Darth_Glentract
Obi-wan could easily take Kit. By the end of the Clone Wars, he was several times better than in AOTC.

Lord Simus
One thing has always bothered me how did Obi-Wan double in skill over the course of three years, when he barely improved a decade after TPM?

Darth_Glentract
He was fighting in a war. That's usually a better teacher than regular training. He also wasn't chasing Anakin everywhere all the time. He also was learning a new form in those ten years with what little time he had to learn stff for himself and basically started it from scratch, when later in those three years he was already at his point of origin of TPM.

DrDoom101
"Wars not make one great."

jollyjim311
Not great, but more powerful. Yoda just meant that violence isn't great, but I'm sure you knew that (that seems sarcastic but I don't mean it that way).

Assuming that this is ROTS, Obi could take Kit.

Darth_Glentract
Hitler was more powerful than you, but I'm willing to bet your a greater person.

jollyjim311
I'd rip his little crappo-stash right off.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by DrDoom101

This means morally. If people haven't caught on to that, they obviously are completely fooled by things I recognized as a young child.

Council#13
Originally posted by DrDoom101

That's true.

DarkAge
There is a difference between those who create war, and the warriors who fight them.

darthsith19
By ROTS Obi beat Fisto for sure. In AOTC Kisto would win for sure. In Cestus deception Fisto is only a tiny but stronger.

As for how Obi-Wan got so much more stronger between AOTC and ROTS, a 3 year period, than he did between TPM and AOTC, a 10 year period, I have 2 ideas as to why.
1) As already mentioned, fighting in the war probably helped increase his power by quite a bit,
2) Obi-Wan changed lightsaber forms between TPM and AOTC. So it was almost as if he started all over again with a lightsaber. He changed because his new form is stronger than his old form. But in AOTC he had only had 10 years of using it where as in TPM he had been using the old Form for what, 25 years? So even though the new form was superior to the old form he wasn't as familiar with it and hadn't had as much experience with it as he had had with his old form as on TPM. He was still learning it. But between AOTC and ROTS he had many opportunities to practice with it and went from the learner of it that he was in AOTC to the Master of it that he is in ROTS. Does this make sense? Does it sound like a good possibility as to why he didn't get much stronger between TPM and AOTC?

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by darthsith19
By ROTS Obi beat Fisto for sure. In AOTC Kisto would win for sure. In Cestus deception Fisto is only a tiny but stronger.

As for how Obi-Wan got so much more stronger between AOTC and ROTS, a 3 year period, than he did between TPM and AOTC, a 10 year period, I have 2 ideas as to why.
1) As already mentioned, fighting in the war probably helped increase his power by quite a bit,
2) Obi-Wan changed lightsaber forms between TPM and AOTC. So it was almost as if he started all over again with a lightsaber. He changed because his new form is stronger than his old form. But in AOTC he had only had 10 years of using it where as in TPM he had been using the old Form for what, 25 years? So even though the new form was superior to the old form he wasn't as familiar with it and hadn't had as much experience with it as he had had with his old form as on TPM. He was still learning it. But between AOTC and ROTS he had many opportunities to practice with it and went from the learner of it that he was in AOTC to the Master of it that he is in ROTS. Does this make sense? Does it sound like a good possibility as to why he didn't get much stronger between TPM and AOTC?

...And he had the same friggn saber for all of those years. Would it've hurt GL so bad to have given him a slightly different saber in AOTC?

Ki-Adi
fisto is simply better dont rely on his quick death against palpatine

darthsith19
Originally posted by Ki-Adi
fisto is simply better dont rely on his quick death against palpatine
First you say Agen alone could beat Maul and now your saying Kit could beat ROTS Obi-Wan. No offense meant, but if you don't watch it your going to become a laughing stock. In Cestus deception Kit was only slightly more powerful than Obi-Wan. As for Agen, well, Maul'd at least block one of Sidious's swings.

Council#13
Really now

truejedi
I'll admit i'm a huge kit fisto fan, but i gotta pick obi wan in this one, He's gotten better, a lot better, and Kit doesn't seem able to do a whole lot against an emporer that is not infallible and can be outfought (see mace vs. sidious)

Tangible God
Yeah, for being so apparently "kickass," Kit didn't last long.

Ki-Adi
First you say Agen alone could beat Maul and now your saying Kit could beat ROTS Obi-Wan. No offense meant, but if you don't watch it your going to become a laughing stock. In Cestus deception Kit was only slightly more powerful than Obi-Wan. As for Agen, well, Maul'd at least block one of Sidious's swings.
Oh yes for sure maul would but now i am looking at the novel again and it says when jedi council was planning the capture of general grevious,they agreed on sending Obi-Wan.While Mace Windu and Agen Kolar,the best two saber duelists that jedi order trained,will stay in Coruscant waiting for Sidious' move.Now i agree that yoda is completely forgotten by the author but that does not change the fact that agen kolar is one of the best and it surely shows that he is better than the padawan obi-wan.Thanks for your kind warning anyway.

truejedi
Oh yes for sure maul would but now i am looking at the novel again and it says when jedi council was planning the capture of general grevious,they agreed on sending Obi-Wan.While Mace Windu and Agen Kolar,the best two saber duelists that jedi order trained,will stay in Coruscant waiting for Sidious' move.Now i agree that yoda is completely forgotten by the author but that does not change the fact that agen kolar is one of the best and it surely shows that he is better than the padawan obi-wan.Thanks for your kind warning anyway.

Maybe that's it, I've been saying for a while now that i read somewhere taht Kit Fisto and Mace were the two best something or others, That must have been it Kolar, not Fisto. well... sorry bout that one. embarrasment

darthsith19
Better than padawan Obi-Wan, who by a lucky chance beat Maul. And listen, that same aithor has said Mace and Depa and the best. But the bottom line is the move contradicts this by showing us clearly than Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Kit, as a minimum, are better swordsmen than Agen.

truejedi
Better than padawan Obi-Wan, who by a lucky chance beat Maul. And listen, that same aithor has said Mace and Depa and the best. But the bottom line is the move contradicts this by showing us clearly than Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Kit, as a minimum, are better swordsmen than Agen.
yeah, what i thought about it being fisto made sense, because he at least has subplots, and has done some good things, but agen? besides that one line what else do we even know about him?

darthsith19
Originally posted by truejedi
yeah, what i thought about it being fisto made sense, because he at least has subplots, and has done some good things, but agen? besides that one line what else do we even know about him?
Agen? Line? When?

truejedi

This line, if its accurate, i'm pretty sure its the line i've been misquoting about fisto and mace being best duelists, so besides them saying this about agen, what else does he do? ever?

Darth_Glentract
Cin was surely more powerful than Kit or Agen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.