Have you ever woke up and the devil is holding you down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Ok this happened to me alot and some times when I wake up or think i am awake I can not move I am so paraylized. I train myself to move a little but I can't and feels like somethingf is holding me down and my eyes are closing again to go back to sleep but when they are closing I can't breath but force myself to keep my eyes open and then breath and finally I twich my finger to keep life and start wiggling untill I could move again. I HATE that feeling...well in the stupid catholic schools in my young young daysthey said oh it's just the devil trying to steal your soul eek and yess this made me feel so much better and get good sleep at night no

Anyone know what i am talking about ?

T.M
luckily i have never had this because one of my biggest fears is waking up and not being able to move.

botankus
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Ok this happened to me alot and some times when I wake up or think i am awake I can not move I am so paraylized. I train myself to move a little but I can't and feels like somethingf is holding me down and my eyes are closing again to go back to sleep but when they are closing I can't breath but force myself to keep my eyes open and then breath and finally I twich my finger to keep life and start wiggling untill I could move again. I HATE that feeling...well in the stupid catholic schools in my young young daysthey said oh it's just the devil trying to steal your soul eek and yess this made me feel so much better and get good sleep at night no

When you're older and that happens, dial the cardiologist ASAP!!!!

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by botankus

I am serious though sad

Alpha Centauri
It's called sleep paralysis.

It happens when your mind is awake and your body is asleep, it's horrible. I've had it a lot but my brother suffers from it quite a bit.

-AC

T.M

be hard if you cant move laughing out loud

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's called sleep paralysis.

It happens when your mind is awake and your body is asleep, it's horrible. I've had it a lot but my brother suffers from it quite a bit.

-AC

That is the worst feeling i ever felt and felt like I was dieing or something..I almost cried. Well atleast it's not the devil .

Pandemoniac
I have suffered paralised limbs after waking up at times, but nothing like not being able to move at all.
Silly little catholics, writing every uncomfortable event down as an act of satan instead of giving it a second thought. Well, shit like that only works in their favor as they somehow wish to restrain their followers with fear as much as possible.

TwisterGameX
Go to a catholic school for halloween and you will be so scared it is not even funny.

T.M
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
I have suffered paralised limbs after waking up at times, but nothing like not being able to move at all.
Silly little catholics, writing every uncomfortable event down as an act of satan instead of giving it a second thought. Well, shit like that only works in their favor as they somehow wish to restrain their followers with fear as much as possible.

laughing out loud yeah blame everything bad on the devil.

people think about it, it could be god yes you now have fulfilled your purpose and are no longer needed. God getting rid of the useless thats a good thought.

big grin

finti
yes I have but here in Norway we call it spouse not devil though

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by finti

That sounds scary. I hate getting freaked out. My mind is ****ed up and at night i see shit sad

debbiejo

laughing out loud laughing out loud

And this thing you guys are talking about is called sleep paralysis.... laughing out loud ...It's happened to me toooo.....but nothing held me down...... laughing out loud

Happens to my neighbor all the time.....

Next time think happy thoughts....don't get freaked out!!!!!....If you think happy thoughts....It will go away......

Might work for you too finti.... laughing

finti
guess you didnt get my little joke there did you

jerlark386

I've had that before. Its pretty freaky because whenever I tried to open my eyes, I ended up either opening them in the dream or closing them again. Chills all down my spine. Waves of fear. Not like regular fear. But the feeling, just by itself, no tracible source. No images. No nightmares. Its terrible. Worse than anything my mind could conjure.

TwisterGameX
guess you didnt get my little joke there did you

Yeah I am slow and just got it after the other person was laughing.

botankus
Originally posted by T.M
be hard if you cant move laughing out loud

Yeah, you might need one of those phone headsets. Hell, if I had to sleep like that, I'd just assume stay stuck to the bed forever.

finti
it always does

Victor Von Doom
Not the most evil of his acts is it? Holding someone down.

He must be getting mellow.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Not the most evil of his acts is it? Holding someone down.

He must be getting mellow.

laughing He does it for his own amusment nothing personal.

debbiejo
That is the worst feeling i ever felt and felt like I was dieing or something..I almost cried. Well atleast it's not the devil .

It was the scariest thing that I have ever experienced in my whole life....

Totally freaked out...couldn't move....soooooooooo

THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS

Then your fear will go away......tell it you love it.....

debbiejo
it always does

You think happy thought?????? laughing out loud ...and she goes away.... laughing

TwisterGameX
I will be to busy panicing tro think happy thoughts!

debbiejo
I will be to busy panicing tro think happy thoughts!

BUT YOU MUST, OR IT WON'T GO AWAY

True....

But this thread is soooo funny.. laughing out loud

It's not real....and if it was....just give it understanding and love....

8bitChris

It happend to me two or three times in my whole life. The first time was pretty scary because I didn't know what the hell was happening. Then I looked sleep paralysis on the internet and the next one or two times were a breeze. It didn't bother me at all. I just kept trying to move until I could move.

It hasn't happened to me in at least 7 years or so though.

Oh, and I went Catholic school for most of my school life, they never told us anything stupid like the Devil was holding us down lol. Then again, I guess you could say it was a pretty liberal Catholic school. They taught us about all religions :P.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by 8bitChris
It happend to me two or three times in my whole life. The first time was pretty scary because I didn't know what the hell was happening. Then I looked sleep paralysis on the internet and the next one or two times were a breeze. It didn't bother me at all. I just kept trying to move until I could move.

It hasn't happened to me in at least 7 years or so though.

Oh, and I went Catholic school for most of my school life, they never told us anything stupid like the Devil was holding us down lol. Then again, I guess you could say it was a pretty liberal Catholic school. They taught us about all religions :P.

My school was evil!! in a way.

finti
nah command her to make me breakfast

debbiejo
laughing laughing ....Well that's a happy thought....

FeceMan

You're not being held down by the devil. Your mind is simply waking up before your body; the paralysis induced by REM sleep is causing this. Scary, yes, even downright terrifying (I've never had the experience) but it isn't anything to worry about. (I think, anyhow...I don't believe there are any ill effects to this happening aside from being afraid, which I suspect will dull in time now that you've an idea of what you are suffering.)

Cepheus
It's never happened to me.. thankfully... I think confused

Maestro
You think thats scary, imagine having nightmares of two fat ladies chasing you down a street.

Kat("v")'sYou
Wow, funky....i've had dat before its F**king scary devil devil

leonheartmm
id bite the devil's hand. then suck his blood muahahahahahahaahahahhahahaha whose the BIATCH now lucifer!

Da preacher
I've had it before once....
Almost couldn't ****in' breathe.
Can't move 'n all that.....
Scary shit, dude!

Syren
It's happened to me before, I didn't know exactly what it was until I read another thread on KMC about sleep paralysis. I had simply assumed that I'd experienced a waking dream of some sort, and that I hadn't quite woken up entirely. It's a nasty thing to go through but, for me at least, it happened quickly. I remember panicking because I couldn't move but I wasn't terrified, I think I was less scared because I wasn't completely conscious.

debbiejo
I've read and from what I experienced about it once myself....It is one of the most terrifying things you can go through....For me I was terrified...and am never in a terrified state....never......It's seems you sense some evil presence for many.....scary....

Syren
Far as I'm concerned it was entirely physical... no spiritual or supernatural elements to it at all. I knew I'd just woken up, thought I could perhaps still be dreaming and must have drifted off again. Not once did I conjure up images of the devil or his minions having their wicked way with me big grin

debbiejo
I've read that many people that feel they've been abducted by aliens were really in sleep paralysis condition.....Some people feel like something is approaching them, some feel something is on their bed or sitting on there chest, that's why they can't breath...some see things....

Much has been written about it....

Syren
Oh, I agree there... the weird things people experience are easily explained if it's pointed out that they could simply have been in a subconscious state. Kinda explains why they always end up waking up where they started.

fever red
You know, I resent being referred to as the devil.

I much prefir "your Satanic Majesty." Have a little sympathy. Thank-you... and good night...

leonheartmm
Originally posted by fever red
You know, I resent being referred to as the devil.

I much prefir "your Satanic Majesty." Have a little sympathy. Thank-you... and good night...

i resent that too sad

Mindship
When the brain goes into REM sleep (deep, dreaming sleep), the brain paralyzes the muscles so we don't act-out our dreams. Sometimes though circuits get crossed, so to speak: the body wakes up, but the mind is still dreaming (somnambulism - "sleep walking"wink; or the opposite: the body is still asleep but the mind wakes up (in part) - sleep paralysis. Because the mind is only partly awake, there is also hypnogogic imagery, ie, dreaming imposed on awareness of the outside world.

Next time it happens, just try to calm your thoughts, try to be aware that part of you is still asleep. Just let the experience run its course. As long as you are healthy, there's nothing to fear.

DenKi
I think ive had the same thing, ive woke up and my WHOLE top body except my head i couldnt move for about 3mins, it was scarey

jOHN_Anderton
ur ALL f'ing IDIOTS!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by jOHN_Anderton
ur ALL f'ing IDIOTS!

What you think of other people is how you feel about yourself. If you keep this up, you will get banned.

botankus
I don't think he even needs to keep it up. A sample of some of his last few posts (in various forums):

ur ALL f'ing IDIOTS!
no, u 2 r a pair a a$$holes actually.
whaT A couple F##KING assholes. LOL!!!!!!!!!
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Your f'ing BBBBOOOOORRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG. Besides, ur probly a DAWWWWWWWWWG.

soleran30
I don't think he even needs to keep it up. A sample of some of his last few posts (in various forums):

Whats even funnier is that the insults he posts projects himself to be more of what he calls others like Shaky said oh puts a smile on my face

Atlantis001
I have a friend that passed through this once... I would like to know how it is the sensation... for only once, if it was possible.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001
I have a friend that passed through this once... I would like to know how it is the sensation... for only once, if it was possible.

NO...it's terrible...Only happened to me once....You can't move....only your eyes can.....You can't speak.....then you panic....that's when you need to calm down and think un-panicing and happier thoughts....

debbiejo

Yep, I hear ya!!!

leonheartmm
ur ALL f'ing IDIOTS!

so is ur non philosophical MAMMA biatch! Happy Dance

Bicnarok

debbiejo
I've also heard this......There are negatives and positives, if you have fear you will attract the negative....That's why you must try to relax and dwell on the positives....then you attract that experience...and yes for OBE..I've heard, that you do need some protection or create some sort of protection...

bogen
yeah i get it to all the time infact, i enjoy it because it is a challenge to try and beat the paralisis .

Also on the same note what the original poster was talking about was a plauge that was going around in the 90's were people were walking up to " The black lady" she would sit on your chest and block the air flow to your mouth also there is some times a threatning figures in the room like a guy with a machete

Fun huh?!?

debbiejo
Odd though that is usually accompanied by "Terror"...

Storm
No, I' ve never experienced sleep paralysis.

bogen
yeah an unexplainible irashinal threatining presence

Shakyamunison
The devil is not real, what you have experienced was sleep paralysis.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The devil is not real, what you have experienced was sleep paralysis. Coming from the guy thats in the religious forum. mad

FeceMan
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
Coming from the guy thats in the religious forum. mad
Because all the people who post in the religion forum are religious and/or Christian.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by FeceMan
Because all the people who post in the religion forum are religious and/or Christian. shifty

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan
Because all the people who post in the religion forum are religious and/or Christian. Not everyone....There's some hard core antichrists in there... eek!

Atlantis001

debbiejo
The RF is just a fun place...... laughing out loud

FeceMan

Capt_Fantastic
This actually happened to me last night. I will admit, it was possibly less difficult to deal with because of this thread. I wasn't scared, but I did get tired of waiting for it to go away. That's why I just went back to sleep when I couldn't move.

debbiejo
Good idea.....just going back to sleep.....

Cyber Ninja
I feel that if I go back to sleep I would die or something. worse feeling ever.

allofyousuckkk
wow, i was gonna make a thread about this...........................but u beat me 2 it........this has happened between 20-30 times in my life. It's usually when I sleep on the couch and I'm facing the inside of the couch. I can open my eyes and slightly move my fingers, but thats it. I hate it! I tryto get peoples attention by moving my fingers, but to no avail.

FistOfThe North
Sleep paralysis. Some crazy stuff. I remember one time, like last year, i was semiconscious while experiencing sleep paralysis.

I was fully awake mentally but it seemed it had 2% of body energy when moving my body physically. I mean , I wasn't tired or anything and I wasn't having a nightmare/dream. I was as awake as I am right now. I was fully conscious with full knowledge of what was going on. I realized that i was "stuck". That's what i call it.

I was just in an extremely sluggish state, barely moving, trying to will myself up. Then i woke up with a snap, and said "f***", then i sat on my bed for a moment to try to gather myself with my breathing a tad paced, then i went downstairs for breakfast as if nothing happened.

It was a crappy experience. kinda horrifying. there was a time that i wanted to see what would happen if i willfully stayed paralyzed but i found it too crazy so i struggled and willed myself up. It kinda feels like death is close by when that happens. Or maybe it's just me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.