I really need some fiction'sci-fi book suggestions!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

someone797
I am having a really hard time finding a good fiction or (preferably) sci-fi. I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions. So, if anyone actually reads this thread, could you give me the title and the author of a book you like that is fiction. smile smile smile smile

Krystaldragon
Well....on my sig are a bunch of good books, but most of them are fantasy. sci-fi? "The Supernaturalists" by eoin colfer is awesome, "Artemis fowl" by him is good as well, they are sci-fi-ish.
"The seventh tower" by Garth nix, I read those forever ago, they were cool. "Jedi Apprentice" if u like Star Wars, "Things not seen" by Andrew clements is cool. "the giver" by lous loery I liked as well. Hope that helps you Bye! roll eyes (sarcastic)

someone797
All those books I already read. How about fantasy? smile

bogen
try the legend song series by issobelle carmoody, or the tamuli series by some bloke who's name iv'e forgotten

Movie_Geek_
Dragonspell
Bartimas trilogy
Faerie Wars
The Golden Compass/Subtle knife/Amber Spyglass
Eragon
Pendragon series

Are some good ones of the top of my head.

Deano
sphere
timeline

by micheal crichton

tenshi_kitsune
Eragon
Eldest
Lord of the Rings is pretty good, even if you have seen the movie
Harry Potter ((yesh I am a fan of HP))
hm... I knew some others but I cant think of them. You can go to www.barnesandnoble.com and get some ideas from there

Smasandian
I really like the Mars series.
Red Mars
Blue Mars
and Green Mars.

It's basically about colonizing Mars.
It's really interesting, but its pretty scientific.

Rambo
I'm also a huge fan of the Mars series, its not an easy read and can be very boring at times but very much worth it at the end of the books.

titan12345
Shade's Children by Garth Nix

King Kong: The Island of the Skull Good book so far but not all that much sci-fi in it right now.

PinstripePapaya
yeh shade's children is amazing
if you like action stuff then the James Barclay books are good too

sharda22
Well I don't know what kind of books might interest you but J.D. Robb is a good author and I love her Eve Dallas series.

Jedi_X-man
Try anything by Stephen Baxter.
Another really, really good write is Ken McLeod.

MistressofSnape
Uglies by somebody i've forgotten
Prettes by the same author
It's set in the future. Really good. yes happy

Pope Mobile GXX
Have you read Michael Crichton? He is the most famous Sci-Fi writer at this time. He was the one who wrote Jurassic Park, Sphere, Congo, and Timeline(they have become movies), plus many more. I would suggest you read prey. His books have very plain covers but the books have inticate story lines that make you whant to here more. Also everything he talks about is on real and theroretical science.

They are a MUST read!!!

Also have you read the Enders series

If you haven't read "Ender's Game" first then "Ender's Shadow"

el_barto
Jurrasic Park
Timeline
Enders Game Series

big gay kirk
Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve.... and its sequels, predators Gold, and Infernal Devices.... also, if the science is important in your scifi, try anything by Greg bear, but especially Heads, Queen of Angels, Beyond Heaven's River, and The Forge of God....

Azure
DELTORA QUEST!!! DRAGONLANCE!!! they are both very good. Deltora Quest is by Emily Rodda, and Dragonlance is by Margaret Weis, and Tracy Hickman. but beware, the dragonlance books can be confusing because there are ALOT of them (over 60, and still doing more) deltora quest has 15 main ones, and then there are side art books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.