The New X-Factor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RisingStorm
Hey, has anyone got more information about the upcoming series, the revamped X-Factor? Because I read it somewhere, and the line-up is just amazing...

Jamie Madrox (Multiple Man) is the leader, Siryn, Monet, Strong Guy, Rictor, and Wolfsbane are forming the team...if anyone have some cool info, post here! This team is just soooo cool right now!

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/previews/xfactor3-1.jpg
X-FACTOR #1
Written by PETER DAVID
Pencils & Cover by RYAN SOOK
In the fallout from HOUSE OF M and following last year’s surprise hit film-noir series--MADROX, a new mutant team is forged! X-FACTOR is an investigative mutant agency including Madrox—the Multiple Man, Guido—the Strong Guy, Wolfsbane—the shape-shifter, Siryn—the chorus girl, Rictor—the living earthquake, and GENERATION X’s Monet—the pompous witch. Drawn together in the heart of District X, this rag-tag band of heroes has a lot of answers to find, and fast!
BONUS: A key player from HOUSE OF M will play a major roll in X-FACTOR! (No, it’s not Wolverine—sigh)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

*sorry, if this is not the appopriate forum.

xmarksthespot
If the Madrox miniseries is anything to go by then it should be pretty good.

Disappear
layla miller's going to be the "key player" who shows up in the series, and X-Factor Investigations will, at first, be dealing with a direct aspect of Decimation. and apparently rahne and monet will not like eachother.

and it's PAD writing it, widely regarded as the best writer in X-Factor history, and one of the greatest writers out there. if it's anything short of spectacular, i'll be surprised.

Mainstream
me too.

Disappear
you realize cable's name is 'nathan christopher charles summers dayspring,' not 'nathan christopher charles xavier scott summers II,' right?

Mainstream
depends on where you look]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_%28comics%29 has his name as Nathan Christopher Charles Summers but I know he use to go by Nathan Dayspring back in the day. I think he dropped the Dayspring thing when he found out he was Scotts little boy...who is ironically now a grown gray haired man.

Disappear
yet xavier and scott were never a part of his name, and he tacked dayspring on to the end of his birth name as an homage to his askani upbringing.

Psionic_Luver08
Rahne looks weird and it makes me mad cause i like it when she had long hair like in the acedemy x seires

RisingStorm
I just think this line-up is just awesome!

kohl
me too. and the art looks good. big grin

Nathaniel Grey
Another X-Factor? I wouldn't be surprised if this one ends up like all the rest. The cast they chose isn't exactly top notch nor interesting. Multiple Man, didn't he die?

Psionic_Luver08
I think this line up is awesome aswell because the characters r so kewl

Nathaniel Grey
huh All they did was throw a bunch of nobodies from X-Force, Generation X and X-Factor version 2.0 together. What's the appeal suppose to be? It's like having to put Cable & Deadpool together because neither has a large enough drawing to generate sole appeal.

Disappear
actually, madrox himself had enough "draw" to garner good sales of his recent mini series. and no, he's not dead.

this x-factor is slated to be much different than the others, especially considering the direction PAD took with the Madrox mini (which he boasts will continue in X-Factor.) it's a freelance detective agency trying to straighten out their own lives while solving mysteries popping up post-Decimation. and, considering a number of the cast are character i'm fond of, it shouldn't disappoint those with similar tastes to mine.

RisingStorm
I think it is a matter of taste, and I just love siryn and rictor, at least they are given a chance to shine in this. and yeah the madrox series I heard is one of the best written series...so this must be good. I think Jamie can take a whole new team to a whole different level.

Nathaniel Grey
Madrox just always came off as a C-List mutant to me. Strong Guy was just a waste of mutant. I hope the HoM cullings deal him out the mutant game. Rictor was just -- whiny and too many situations hinted at him being homosexually active with Shatterstar. I wonder if they will actually explore that since Marvel seems to be making EVERYONE homosexual these days. *coughsultimatecolossuscough* Siryn I liked, actually. When she was lead for X-Force for awhile she did fairly well. I just hope this time around she knows well enough not to date a teammate or insane anti-hero. As for Wolfsbane, I hope she joins Strong Guy. She was just another female version of Wolverine. Monet, I don't know. I wish they'd never cancelled Generation X only to replace it with the " NEW " X-Men who are not all that more interesting. I will give it a chance though. X-Factor the first five issues had better be impressive.

Disappear
madrox is at least on the b-list. he's been a prominent character in various titles for decades, and even had the brawn to take on the fantastic four as a novice. strong guy's a good compliment to jamie, and written by PAD (as seen in the madrox mini) has a personality and attitude akin to the thing. he and wolfsbane apparently retain their powers post-HoM, considering x-factor preview covers have them with guido at his typical proportions, and rahne in a certain states of transition between woman and wolf.

and PAD promises madrox-like twist during each issue of X-Factor, so that you never have a definite grasp of the situations, or how the characters are fitting into them. it should be very mysterious, in the noir fashion embodied by the madrox mini, and a very well-written read.

wolverine8888
wolf fang sucks

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Disappear
and PAD promises madrox-like twist during each issue of X-Factor, so that you never have a definite grasp of the situations, or how the characters are fitting into them. it should be very mysterious, in the noir fashion embodied by the madrox mini, and a very well-written read. I liked all the twists in the Madrox series.

I never really liked Wolfsbane but she has a whole lot more depth of character than a lot of the more well known fan favourites.

damaged_goods
Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
Another X-Factor? I wouldn't be surprised if this one ends up like all the rest. The cast they chose isn't exactly top notch nor interesting. Multiple Man, didn't he die?

I think it turned out being one of his dupes that was killed.

Disappear
jamie created a dupe on genosha who tried to/did provide medical aid to a mutant/ate with the legacy virus. apparently madrox prime kept himself clear of said dupe after that incident, and the dupe who continued on in x-factor died. haven tried to save him, but failed, and claimed the legacy virus was some fated, unstoppable curse made to plague mutantkind. the real jamie popped up later. or maybe it was the dupe who stayed separate and the real madrox died. i'm not sure if it was cleared up.

this series, besides having art i can't stand, has been relatively fantastic. i'm waiting for this "origin of layla miller" line to play out, see how she is connected to the decimation and singularity. it's captured my interest, to say the least.

Mana4X2
Wow, that is an awesome team. Don't see much of some of them, it's good to especially see Monet on a team. May someone please fill me in on exactly who Strong Guy and Rictor are... what powers they have and such... I have heard of them, just don't know much. Or, give me linkages to bios for them or something...

Thanks heaps.

Cheers,
Mana

Black Adam
I ****ing love this series!!! first x-title I picked up in years and the only x-title that I didn't stop reading after 4 issues.

after reading his mini and reading this new book Madrox has quickly become one of my favorite heroes.

Deadpool14
it's basically the original X-Factor but Polaris and Havok are replaced with Siryn and Monet and Rictor.

Disappear
the second version of x-factor, actually. if it were basically the original x-factor, scott, jean, hank, bobby and warren would've been replaced with jamie, guido, rahne, monet, theresa and julio. and layla.

Black Adam
anyone read the latest issue?

agent of shield laughing

Layla was especially creepy in this issue. but in a good way smile

Black Adam
Originally posted by Black Adam
anyone read the latest issue?

guess not sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.