The Perfect Scary Movie ( Feature Length Documentary )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Channel 4 (UK) Sunday 9.05pm THE PERFECT SCARY MOVIE :

What devilish concoction of secret ingredients makes up The Perfect Scary Movie ? All is revealed just in time for Hallowe'en in this ambitious feature-length documentary that exposes the closely guarded tricks and psychological ploys that scary movies have used to make billions of film-goers around the world jump with fright. From Dracula and the original movie monsters that started it all, to the serial killer thrillers like The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and the sci-fi inspired terror of Alien ,

The Perfect Scary Movie uses expert analysis from the biggest names in the business to chronicle the bloody development of the horror industry. The film also examines the deep-rooted fears of their time, be it the atom bomb anxieties that plagued the 1950s or the godless 1970s that spawned the satanic The Exorcist . Featuring the scariest films of the last century - from Psycho to The Blair Witch Project - along with never previously broadcast scenes deemed too shocking for the fragile audiences of their time,

The Perfect Scary Movie reveals exactly what it is we've been so afraid of all these years. Horror may never be the same again...

Contributors include horror directors John Carpenter, Wes Craven, John Landis, Tobe Hooper, Edgar Wright and Joe Dante, stars Linda Blair, Robert Englund, Jenny Agutter, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Bruce Campbell, writer James Herbert and fan Alice Cooper. The Perfect Scary Movie is accompanied by a season of scary films introduced by Bill Bailey, including Halloween H20 later tonight. Prod: Toby Dye; Dir: Simon George; Exec Prod: Tony Moss; Prod Co: Visual Voodoo

Followed at 11.15pm, by Halloween h20

MildPossession
The horror films on around Halloween on terrestrial televison are quite a bore as usual, always put more or less the same ones on mixed with crap ones.

But will be watching this documentary, definitely. Will record I think.

BaronOBeefDip
I'd like to see that documentary. Unfortunately, I live in South Dakota. So, I won't be able to. Damn it!

Lady_Wonka
i saw it like ages ago, well i watched it upto the part about the exorsist which meant i missed the nightmare on elm street part >< DAM THE EXORSIST! I just couldnt watch it after that and didnt go to sleep for the next three nights but Im ok now ><

LizzyT123
The Exorcist didn't let you sleep for three nights? what durrrr.........?

Myers Kicks Ass
the exorsist is the most overrated movie ive seen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.