How do you view yourself and other Posters...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
I've read a personality book sometime ago....and was thinking....Here I go again.....Here's my question....Though many people have many groupings of personalities, which group do you think You're in and what group do you think other posters here would be?....The most dominate personality...

Of course this is only a partial list off qualites in each character trait......

Choleric (The Dominant type)
Driven to get results, the choleric is aggressive and assertive in their approach to problems - people like Ross Perot, Margaret Thatcher, or Colin Powell, who are strategic in their thinking, have the end in mind when approaching a problem or negotiation. If you have ever met a Choleric who has learned to be patient with people while impatient for results, you have met a winner.

Sanguine (The Influencer type)
talkative, memory for color, good on stage, wide-eyed and innocent, enthuasiastic and expressive, curious, volunteers for jobs, always a child, creative and colorful, inspires and charms others, makes friends easily, seems exciting. Driven by the need to influence people, these expressive social-types are enthusiastic, approachable and at times impulsive. The sanguine is persuasive, friendly and effervescent. As most salespeople fall within this category, is it any wonder salespeople typically detest paperwork? Once in control of the details, watch out!

Phlegmatic (The Steady type)
Driven by the need to accommodate and get along, the phlegmatic enjoys harmony. If they have achieved the opportunity to accommodate and serve, they are happy people. Their strength is stability, and their weakness can be inflexibility and a resistance to change, and they can have a hard time saying "no". Show me a phlegmatic that has gone through assertiveness training and has incorporated this into their daily lives, and you will find a winner.

Melancholy (The Conscientious type)
Driven by the need to maintain standards, the melancholy often is cautious and tentative when responding to a problem. Many accountants fall into this category. They view things in regard to what is right or wrong. Strengths include organization and accuracy.
deep, thoughtful, analytical, serious and purposeful, genius-intellect, talented and creative, likes lists/charts/graphs/figures, detail conscious, orderly and organized , neat and tidy, perfectionist-high standards, economical, deep concern and compassion, seeks ideal mate

Or do you think this is inaccurate.....

Shakyamunison
I am the Choleric type. I will have to give it some thought when it comes to others.

Black Sorcerer
Not only do I think I'm a melonchaly, but personality tests have given results as such..

debbiejo
There is a test that is in the book, which is too long to type out, but found it very accurate....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
There is a test that is in the book, which is too long to type out, but found it very accurate....

Does the book have a web site?

Lana
I don't think that most people will fall cleanly into one of those categories.

Just looking through it I think that I'd really be a mix of all of them.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lana
I don't think that most people will fall cleanly into one of those categories.

Just looking through it I think that I'd really be a mix of all of them.

That's why odern Psychology replaced tis rather vague categories stick out tongue

Storm
This subject has just been treated in my psychology class last week.

KharmaDog
That a pretty lame catagorization of personality/character types in my opinon.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Storm
This subject has just been treated in my psychology class last week.

Personally I find it rahther good categories (well if you make them overlap), especially considering te time they where made....

Capt_Fantastic
I don't know about anyone else, but I always trying to keep the peace on this site. Looking at every topic in a level-minded and rational way...agreeing with both sides.

shifty

Bardock42
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I don't know about anyone else, but I always trying to keep the peace on this site. Looking at every topic in a level-minded and rational way...agreeing with both sides.

shifty

no expression

Lana
Originally posted by KharmaDog

Well, she did say it was only a partial list.

shifty

Suuuuuuuuuure, Capt wink

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by KharmaDog

That's because these are the four 'humours', which is a medical theory that has been outdated for about 150 years.

Lana
And that would explain why it was unfamiliar to me.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
no expression

You seem skeptical.

Victor Von Doom
Anyway, who has heard about this new 'trepanning'?

Shakyamunison

shifty

With the exception of gay rights. big grin

§P0oONY
That's how I view myself.

The majority of posters on KMC.

Bardock42
You seem skeptical.

Of course not...you always speak the truth no expression

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Anyway, who has heard about this new 'trepanning'?
i did not...enlighten me....

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
With the exception of gay rights. big grin

I don't support gay rights...

Bardock42

Me neither....Dey Tuk R Jobs

Victor Von Doom

i did not...enlighten me....

Nah.

Bardock42
Nah.

You damn half prussian bastard .....

Shakyamunison

OK you got me on a technical. Basic human rights when it comes to discrimination toward gays. How is that? laughing

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
OK you got me on a technical. Basic human rights when it comes to discrimination toward gays. How is that? laughing

perfect...

Victor Von Doom
You damn half prussian bastard .....

We prefer the term 50%.

Bardock42
We prefer the term 50%.
I don't care what 50% Prussians prefer...

KidRock
I'm right you're wrong.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KidRock
I'm right you're wrong.

Sorry KidRock, not every thread is about you. laughing

debbiejo
Tisk tisk tisk......I come back and no one hardly answered the question...the book is called "Personality Plus"...It's not that old....

Florance Littauer Category: Social Sciences
Publisher: Fleming H Revell Co
ISBN: 080075445X Publication Year: 1992

It's a newer book, and I did say most people are a mix, of course you're a mix, I only said your dominate personality.......and that yes, it was a partial list.....For shame......Go to the back of the class....most of you failed.....Can't even answer a simple question...you all must be as Spoony said laughing out loud big grin

tabby999
i dont fall easily into any of those IMO, there will always be a grey area. and as for the others, i think most of them are the same. psych guidelines are good, but generally are better for picking problems than catagorising mass ammounts of people

debbiejo
I found the book very interesting...everyone that took the test was right on....and yes they do overlap....you can be stronger in one area then the next and so on...but most have a dominate personality

Though the book did say...Choleric (The Dominant type)...won't take the tests, because they'll think it's stupid...They think they're right all the time anyway.
big grin

Too bad my list wasn't more complete....but did this real quick..Also there are negatives to each type also, and balance is what is needed....trying to blend all, or at least in the business and well all people relations, it's good for understanding and repore...and finding the right person for the right job....etc...

Negatives...for instance....Cholerics....won't back down from an argument

Phlegmatic.....always put things off to the last min....or just procrastinate

Sanguine....don't do with with detail...but are idea people

Melancholies....can take things too personal.

Victor Von Doom
So, to reiterate.

That's because these are the four 'humours', which is a medical theory that has been outdated for about 150 years.

debbiejo
I found a short version of the test for the book....

http://www.wedplan.com/wspsnlty.htm yes

It's quite interesting....

The True Fear
Sanguine best fits me

debbiejo
Sanguine is mostly me also, though I don't feel a need to influence others, I think I'm more go with the flow...but certain parts of my personality do flow into others......never could remember the small details....But do very well with see the bigger picture...The dynamics.... big grin

Whurlysplat
Sanguine is mostly me also, though I don't feel a need to influence others, I think I'm more go with the flow...but certain parts of my personality do flow into others......never could remember the small details....But do very well with see the bigger picture...The dynamics.... big grin

whats worse than modern Psychology?

Outdated Psychology! yes

Drivel

other members - mainly undergraduates laughing out loud

Capt_Fantastic

You always go with the flow...

You're too laid back for me.

Which type do you think I am? Because I see a lot of my personality in every acrhetype.

Imperial_Samura
Not sure how accurate is. Self reflection (truthful and accurate) can be hard to do... I don't think I fit into any one of those categories... a bit of the Sanguine, a bit of Melancholy and a bit of the Phlegmatic.

If I went by the options there seems to be plenty of posters who fall into the choleric category. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess (what am I saying...)

debbiejo
You always go with the flow...

You're too laid back for me.

Which type do you think I am? Because I see a lot of my personality in every acrhetype.

I'm not sure...don't know you well enough, though I can pick out many of the posters who are truly strong Choleric....and the ones that a strong Sanguine... big grin ....The others are a bit harder for me to figure out.....It seems many cliques personalities do seem similar....

I've also noticed, at least in my life, that certain circumstances that we are forced into makes us uncomfortable, because we are used to what our dominate personality type is....for me, I have been uncomfortable being in a Choleric place, but it was a place that I learned how to stretch myself...and have grown...but still am not too comfortable there...

And going with the flow, as I said I was, doesn't mean soooo layed back....I actually have to slow down with people who are too layed back, cause I'm like a speed car....zooooooom.....People who are way to apprehensive or take too long to make a decision are to me like tractors...hahahaha...I got to slow down, or pull them along....hurry up keep up with me......LOL

The test is good though..... big grin

jOHN_Anderton
I've read a personality book sometime ago....and was thinking....Here I go again.....Here's my question....Though many people have many groupings of personalities, which group do you think You're in and what group do you think other posters here would be?....The most dominate personality...

Of course this is only a partial list off qualites in each character trait......

Driven to get results, the choleric is aggressive and assertive in their approach to problems - people like Ross Perot, Margaret Thatcher, or Colin Powell, who are strategic in their thinking, have the end in mind when approaching a problem or negotiation. If you have ever met a Choleric who has learned to be patient with people while impatient for results, you have met a winner.

talkative, memory for color, good on stage, wide-eyed and innocent, enthuasiastic and expressive, curious, volunteers for jobs, always a child, creative and colorful, inspires and charms others, makes friends easily, seems exciting. Driven by the need to influence people, these expressive social-types are enthusiastic, approachable and at times impulsive. The sanguine is persuasive, friendly and effervescent. As most salespeople fall within this category, is it any wonder salespeople typically detest paperwork? Once in control of the details, watch out!

Driven by the need to accommodate and get along, the phlegmatic enjoys harmony. If they have achieved the opportunity to accommodate and serve, they are happy people. Their strength is stability, and their weakness can be inflexibility and a resistance to change, and they can have a hard time saying "no". Show me a phlegmatic that has gone through assertiveness training and has incorporated this into their daily lives, and you will find a winner.

Driven by the need to maintain standards, the melancholy often is cautious and tentative when responding to a problem. Many accountants fall into this category. They view things in regard to what is right or wrong. Strengths include organization and accuracy.
deep, thoughtful, analytical, serious and purposeful, genius-intellect, talented and creative, likes lists/charts/graphs/figures, detail conscious, orderly and organized , neat and tidy, perfectionist-high standards, economical, deep concern and compassion, seeks ideal mate

Oddly, I seem to agree most with the Melancholy type. I don't believe I'm OVERLY cautious and tentative though I'd have to give that some serious thought to decide one way or the other. The problem is that it's difficult to be highly objective about certain things in yourself, especially those that you consider weak or undesirable like uncertainty. On the other hand many of the strengths of this type I feel reflect who I am. These include a strong sense for organization and accuracy, a thoughtful approach to life, an emphasis on analytical reasoning, probably being a little too serious at times and always needing to be and feel purposeful, usefull and successful as gauged by level of income, primarily. If I procrastinate or feel like I'm not moving forward I have a tendancy to feel worthless and unworthy. My work and interests do require the exercise of certain skills which I have a talent for and this includes a good deal of creativity. My world, especially my work world could not do without lists/charts/graphs/figures/databases/records/reports. A prerequisite for all of this of course, is a mind for detail and a desire for orderliness and organization. I try to set high standards for myself but I don't think I'm a perfectionist to the point of being anal about it, at least not in my personal life - although I must be in my professional life. My profession requires the following of policies and practices that ensure high performance and accuracy. In spite of some previous posts where I've whaled on a few individuals, maybe excessively, I am a very compassionate person and even generous to a fault at times. And yes, I am in search of my ideal mate although I have recently concluded that perhaps the best way to find her is to stop looking so hard.

I have to recuse myself from answering the second part of your question just because I don't really know, or care to know laughing out loud most other posters. You, however, would be a notable exception. After I've had an opportunity to read through your posts, I shall return here and give you my assessment of what type of individual I think you are and justify it with specific examples from your own publications. Oh yeah. Lookin' forward to this!!! big grin

Oh, and I will pick up this book at Borders in Novi the next time I'm there. It looks like a really interesting read. Thanks for bringing it to our attention debbiejo.

debbiejo
Originally posted by jOHN_Anderton
. After I've had an opportunity to read through your posts, I shall return here and give you my assessment of what type of individual I think you are and justify it with specific examples from your own publications. Oh yeah. Lookin' forward to this!!! big grin

Oh, and I will pick up this book at Borders in Novi the next time I'm there. It looks like a really interesting read. Thanks for bringing it to our attention debbiejo.

confused
OH. no...you're gonna look at my post?????....LOL laughing out loud

OH, and Novi....I've been there.....

Imperial_Samura
But have you been to the Borders bookstore in Novi? That I think is the real question...

jOHN_Anderton
And, wow dibbiejoe, do you ever get up EARLY. Earlier than I do anyways!!

Yeah I'm readin' thru them later today after work!

Ok. have a nice day!!! smile

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
But have you been to the Borders bookstore in Novi? That I think is the real question...

Huh? Imperial_Samura, that's YOU askin' that, not me!

debbiejo

NO, but I've been to Novi.... wink

Imperial_Samura
Ah Novi.... City of Lights! City of Dreams! City of Ancient Secrets and sharp corners (I don't even know where Novi is, still Borders is my favorite retail bookstore at the moment, mainly because I get discounts for being a uni student)

I thought I was being pretty sneaky.

debbiejo
Ah Novi.... City of Lights! City of Dreams! City of Ancient Secrets and sharp corners (I don't even know where Novi is, still Borders is my favorite retail bookstore at the moment, mainly because I get discounts for being a uni student)

City of "They have restaurants there"....and an Indian/Native American Fest once a year...

Imperial_Samura
Sounds rather exciting. I look forward to visiting India again one of these days.

debbiejo
All kinds of fests there....

Imperial_Samura
True, true, a festival almost everyday of the year, and also resturants, most of which are Indian (not really ironic)

debbiejo
Yeah, and pointy objects too...and shiny things... confused laughing out loud ...I'm drawn to that place...LOL

Storm
I lean the most towards the phlegmatic.

debbiejo
I'm very much Sanguine. Always have been.

Grand Moff Gav
So what type do I come across as?

debbiejo
^ Don't know you too well, but maybe Choleric or Melancholy?

Mindship
< is his own category dots

Fire
Originally posted by Storm
I lean the most towards the phlegmatic.

Same for me, tho I have not much of a problem of saying No

debbiejo
Awww...Aren't you two cute.. love

mechmoggy
"How do you view other Posters?"

Through binoculars.

eek!

Fire
mechy QUIT spying on me, I told you just last week stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Pfffft! I'm only watching your house to see Storm. shifty

Fire
I KNEW it stick out tongue That's why I only see you spying during the weekends stick out tongue

redcaped
With a little humor, they got a lot to learn from me. I know I could be useful even rejected.

Vendetta
*has a twitchy eye and is holding a rusty knife* There all against me, stay back, STAY BACK I SAY!! Or I'll carve my name into ya.

mechmoggy
Originally posted by Fire
I KNEW it stick out tongue That's why I only see you spying during the weekends stick out tongue

I got sick of watching you undress alone during the week....BORING!

DanieLs_4_Ever

I'm none of the above. Is that good or bad? embarrasment

Skynard
I veiw that some of people may think people were drunk when they make posts, thats just me =-/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.