Anyone play the 360 at their local Wal-Mart?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanZeke25
I heard that some Wal-Marts have an Xbox 360 and you can play some demos of Call of Duty 2, King Kong, and a couple others that I forget. I havnt been to the Wal-Mart near me yet, but another one is opening real soon, i wonder if it will have it?

JKozzy
http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000360064191/

forumcrew
only a few have it and they are video demos not playable

DarkC
I thought it wasn't releasing until November 22nd?

LepperFace15
i did!

StinkFist462
i wonder if anyone is gonna rob a walmart now.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by forumcrew
only a few have it and they are video demos not playable

No they are playable

Sith Master X
I just played it a little bit at my Local walmart. Most of them are videos but there are two playable demos, Call of Duty and King Kong as mentioned.

hotsauce6548
Interesting...

forumcrew
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I just played it a little bit at my Local walmart. Most of them are videos but there are two playable demos, Call of Duty and King Kong as mentioned.

EA was fired from making king kong and ubisoft is taking over.. so i wonder if that demo will be totaly scraped now

hotsauce6548
EA was fired from making king kong and ubisoft is taking over.. so i wonder if that demo will be totaly scraped now

I'm happy. EA just doesn't cut it for me when it comes to action/adventure games...

Wolf Dog
Does it suck?

LepperFace15
The graphics were displayed on an HDTV Plasma screen, and the graphics looked just liked other PC games out there . . .

I played Call of Duty 2, King Kong, and Kameo: Elements of Power? But, they weren't all that good . . . graphic wise.

JKozzy
It's too early to have any huge major improvements in graphics. That's why I'm not running out to get a 360 -- I have an awesome PC. That'll be my next-gen consule until prices are somewhat reasonable.

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by LepperFace15
The graphics were displayed on an HDTV Plasma screen, and the graphics looked just liked other PC games out there . . .

I played Call of Duty 2, King Kong, and Kameo: Elements of Power? But, they weren't all that good . . . graphic wise.

Hah, it sucks. Looks like i won't be buying it.

Zen2nd

Ubisoft is owned by EA

Delta 62
The only game I'm really interested in is DoA4, at least until NG2 or a Star Wars game is released..

Tru_Slice
I don't think there are gonna be any more SW games after Empire at War.

Lucas Arts just dumped over half of their company.

Lana
I haven't seen or tried it yet, but I really have no particular interest in the X-box 360 anyway, so......yeah.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Hah, it sucks. Looks like i won't be buying it.

So you aren't going to buy the game because you don't think the graphics are up to your standards? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nice way to show people how you are...

Wolf Dog
Hey, at $400 dollars($300 dollar version is a dumb buy) and graphics being the main selling point, yah the graphics better be as good as they're making it out to be. But i wasn't going to buy it anyway because the launch titles look very weak. roll eyes (sarcastic)

hotsauce6548
Hey, at 0 dollars(0 dollar version is a dumb buy) and graphics being the main selling point, yah the graphics better be as good as they're making it out to be. But i wasn't going to buy it anyway because the launch titles look very weak. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh, silly me, I thought you weren't going to buy it because it was made by Microsoft. roll eyes (sarcastic)

WindDancer
My local Gamespot is already having game demos for the 360. I was playing Kameo for about 5 minutes. There was line of people, so I had to let others try it. I swear it was such a fun game that I'd might think of getting it when is released. And yeah it looks great on a HDTV.

JKozzy
I played it at Target. I set it up, at Target, seeing I work there. It looked good... but it didn't blow me away. It's not enough of an improvement that I'd want to shell out $400 for it in a week.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by JKozzy
I played it at Target. I set it up, at Target, seeing I work there. It looked good... but it didn't blow me away. It's not enough of an improvement that I'd want to shell out 0 for it in a week.

Looked good, as in graphics?

I don't get why so many people are hung up on graphics. blink

They are so real already, video-game developers will begin to focus less on graphics and even more on gameplay. yes

Of course, the videos from the PS3 look pretty... droolio

But that's besides the point. If a game has wonderful graphics and horrible gameplay... screw it. no expression

JKozzy
The gameplay was good, but it's nothing that I hadn't experienced on any other console, to be honest. Call of Duty... it's a FPS. To some, you play one, you play them all. Just prettier graphics. Looked good graphicwise. Good. Not mindblowing. It was nice on the HD screen, though. I was expecting more from launch titles, if this is supposedly radically different from the consoles we have now.

El_NINO
I played XBOX 360 at Best Buy and I have to say it looks ridiculously amazing mind the fact that its not even the final game version because the resolution was at 640 X 800 i think. Im gonna buy thats all I know.

Ken Kenobi
The gameplay was good, but it's nothing that I hadn't experienced on any other console, to be honest. Call of Duty... it's a FPS. To some, you play one, you play them all. Just prettier graphics. Looked good graphicwise. Good. Not mindblowing. It was nice on the HD screen, though. I was expecting more from launch titles, if this is supposedly radically different from the consoles we have now.

Did you even think about these are LAUNCH titles? The graphics are only at a fraction of what the potential is. Look back at PS1 when it was first released, and then look at the later games using the same system. I'd say 10x better.

But like hotsauce said, it's about gameplay, not graphics...though the graphics are a bonus.

WindDancer
Setting aside graphics....the loading time is very fast. That is a big plus! Of course, I was playing only one game. But still, it was a fun experience worth having. If you guys get a chance...try it...if you don't like...you can always go an knit yourself a sweater.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by WindDancer
Setting aside graphics....the loading time is very fast. That is a big plus! Of course, I was playing only one game. But still, it was a fun experience worth having. If you guys get a chance...try it...if you don't like...you can always go an knit yourself a sweater.

I get my XBox 360 in 4 days. smile Without paying for it. eek!

I just bought Call of Duty 2 and an extra Wireless Controller for it. droolio

WindDancer
Whoah! Congrats Ken! big grin

I still have to pay another $20 and I finally own it. I won't be buying any 360 games for this year. I'll just play my old xbox games first.

TwisterGameX
they are all sold out....for me...then they said pay 50 to reserve one but you will get it 3 months late...so...no

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by WindDancer
Whoah! Congrats Ken! big grin

I still have to pay another and I finally own it. I won't be buying any 360 games for this year. I'll just play my old xbox games first.

You DO know that to play the backwards compatible games, you need the hard drive right? They need settings from that to emulate the original X-Box. Just making sure, hope you got the full package and not the Core.

Maybe once you get some 360 games we'll have to meet up on Live. stick out tongue I'll go with the name Ken Kenobi

Wolf Dog
I finally got around playing the 360. And i have to admit the controller is nice, comfortable. But the graphics was disappointing IMO. Massive slowdown when there was a lot of stuff going on in CoD2. And like i said before, seeing as how the graphics is part of Microsofts main selling point....i expected more. Yes gameplay is important to me so don't tell me what i already know, i'm just saying that the graphics didn't look mind blowing. That's is all.

JKozzy
http://thetechnologist.blogspot.com/2005/10/xbox-360-early-reviewhands-on.html

"Is the hype bubble about to burst on the 360? This guy sure hints at that being the case."
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Did you even think about these are LAUNCH titles? The graphics are only at a fraction of what the potential is. Look back at PS1 when it was first released, and then look at the later games using the same system. I'd say 10x better.

But like hotsauce said, it's about gameplay, not graphics...though the graphics are a bonus. Yes, I did, considering I said they were launch titles in my post. Based on playing the demos, I wasn't blown away. That's not to say that later on it'll look great, but as I've said... unless gameplay that's radically different than what's on the current gen consoles is made, I don't see the need to upgrade until the price drops. I have plenty of games for the current 3 to play.
I get my XBox 360 in 4 days. smile Without paying for it. eek!

I just bought Call of Duty 2 and an extra Wireless Controller for it. droolio Mountain Dew sweeps? Howdu get that?

Ken Kenobi
http://thetechnologist.blogspot.com/2005/10/xbox-360-early-reviewhands-on.html

"Is the hype bubble about to burst on the 360? This guy sure hints at that being the case."
Yes, I did, considering I said they were launch titles in my post. Based on playing the demos, I wasn't blown away. That's not to say that later on it'll look great, but as I've said... unless gameplay that's radically different than what's on the current gen consoles is made, I don't see the need to upgrade until the price drops. I have plenty of games for the current 3 to play.
Mountain Dew sweeps? Howdu get that?

Yep, the Mountain Dew Every10Minutes sweeps. droolio I need to take pictures of the shirt and hat that came as the secondary prize. (5 shirts and 5 hats plus coupons for 2 free 12 packs on Pepsi product) I already gave away the other shirts and hats to those coming to my party on Saturday when I get the system.

JKozzy
Yep, the Mountain Dew Every10Minutes sweeps. droolio I need to take pictures of the shirt and hat that came as the secondary prize. (5 shirts and 5 hats plus coupons for 2 free 12 packs on Pepsi product) I already gave away the other shirts and hats to those coming to my party on Saturday when I get the system. Ooh Pepsi eek!

Lana
Yep, the Mountain Dew Every10Minutes sweeps. droolio I need to take pictures of the shirt and hat that came as the secondary prize. (5 shirts and 5 hats plus coupons for 2 free 12 packs on Pepsi product) I already gave away the other shirts and hats to those coming to my party on Saturday when I get the system.

You didn't invite me to your party cry schmoll

mattador
I looked at a 360 at my local EB sad

JKozzy
And?

DanZeke25

You won?!? You lucky bastard.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Lana
You didn't invite me to your party cry schmoll

Well, that's because I'm not paying $300+ dollars to fly you out here for the weekend to play games. stick out tongue That is...unless you put out. OH SCHNAP! Did I just say that?

SaTsuJiN
o_o.. Im surprised that stand didnt get stolen lol.. I know in jersey city at least the controller would be missing, if not the whole system

hotsauce6548
I finally got around playing the 360. And i have to admit the controller is nice, comfortable. But the graphics was disappointing IMO. Massive slowdown when there was a lot of stuff going on in CoD2. And like i said before, seeing as how the graphics is part of Microsofts main selling point....i expected more. Yes gameplay is important to me so don't tell me what i already know, i'm just saying that the graphics didn't look mind blowing. That's is all.

I'd agree with that. The graphics weren't mind-blowing, but they were a definite improvement. yes

They'll get better, too. You have to remember that not only are you playing a launch title, but you're playing a DEMO as well. smile

powerfulone1987
Is anyone waiting for christmas to get this or are you getting it as soon as it comes out?

is it comprehensible.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.